Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831453 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6315 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:03 pm »

"Sigh. Alright, Thomas needs some saving. I have an idea, though it's a tad risky. While we don't have any kind of net, we do have these climbing ropes. If we get two or three of them, and have team members hold them slightly taunt, crisscrossing each other and so on, it should make an ok net for Thomas to fall in, assuming he falls on his back or front. Of course, I don't have a rope, nor am I 4-6 people, so I'll need some assistance if this plan is to come to fruition. Thoughts?"
"The plan could work, but performing it effectively could require some coordination - which you must be painfully aware the team doesn't have - and I think he has a good cushion here if he happens to fall." he points towards May as he talks.

"These ropes are also not the kind you'd like to fall on, and they could do more harm by concentrating pressure over specific locations, but I'm not a rocket scientist. And to top it off, there is too little time left to organize something like that. We can just trust him, eh?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: August 13, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »

I see this spherical piece of alien machinery is quite beaten. Did you find it already damaged?
Then, hearing Travis's suggestion, Maurice replied instantly:
Just where he is? I'm ready to move there, as fast as I can.
Run to the place directly under Thomas (i.e., where he might land), ready to catch him if he falls. Or, well, to try doing so.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: August 13, 2012, 08:36:25 pm »

Charro, who had been wandering aimlessly about staring at the various oddities in the tower, heard Faith's dilemma.
He remained completely oblivious to poor Thomas as he walked over to help. The guy was above his line-of-sight, after all.

>Gallantly assist the incredibly daft damsel in distress! Or well, assist whoever's already assisting.

>Then resume hunting around for clues.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: August 13, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »

I was trying to see if they were solid all the way through. Broke one of the monomolecular wires on my wristblade, though, and only inflicted superficial damage on it.

Hearing about Thomas' plight, Simus goes over to watch, wary of any falling bodies and/or rescuers dog-piling in an attempt to save them.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6319 on: August 13, 2012, 08:58:08 pm »

Climb up.
[str:3]
You manage to keep your grip and even pull yourself up a bit, but you can't get up.

Milno watches as Thomas misses his mark and barely hangs onto the doorway. Sitting down cross-legged, he stays below him and by May's side just in case, taking a look at the latter.
"I suppose albino freak is here to 'cushion' your fall, right?" he asks.

Watch the development of events. Catch (or help someone) catch Thomas if needed.

If nothing amusing happens, Milno gets slightly disappointed and moves to the place Faith is if she calls for help, nudging the stone away from her foot and helping Chin loot it if he goes for it.

Thomas struggles like a worm on a hook. Heh.

"Damn it. Need help here. Preferably from someone strong."

Await valiant prince somebody to loot the rock.
You wait for help, all bent over with your hands caught between a rock and, well, another rock. Good thing Renen isn't around.

"Hang on, let my try it like that..."

Get the sandstone thing.

[str:2-1]
You go to help faith, attempting to roll the rock over by getting your hands under the rock and heaving it up. This of course results in it rolling back and trapping your fingers just like faith.[end:3] There is a audible cracking noise as the rock rolls back onto your fingers.[end:2] You squeal like a pig on a waterslide.

I see this spherical piece of alien machinery is quite beaten. Did you find it already damaged?
Then, hearing Travis's suggestion, Maurice replied instantly:
Just where he is? I'm ready to move there, as fast as I can.
Run to the place directly under Thomas (i.e., where he might land), ready to catch him if he falls. Or, well, to try doing so.
[end:4]
You kind of hobble-gallop over to under Thomas, ready to use your own face and tender organs as a meat cushion.

Charro, who had been wandering aimlessly about staring at the various oddities in the tower, heard Faith's dilemma.
He remained completely oblivious to poor Thomas as he walked over to help. The guy was above his line-of-sight, after all.

>Gallantly assist the incredibly daft damsel in distress! Or well, assist whoever's already assisting.

>Then resume hunting around for clues.
You run up to help faith, finding her and Chin all bent over in rather compromising ways. Huh. Oh well, you'll ask later.
[str:2]
You shove on the stone, push on the stone, yank on the stone and otherwise attempt to move the stone. It doesn't move.

I was trying to see if they were solid all the way through. Broke one of the monomolecular wires on my wristblade, though, and only inflicted superficial damage on it.

Hearing about Thomas' plight, Simus goes over to watch, wary of any falling bodies and/or rescuers dog-piling in an attempt to save them.
You wander over to  join all the people forming a human airbag beneath Thomas.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:59:54 pm by piecewise »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: August 13, 2012, 09:34:18 pm »

What was that squeal? Don't tell me more of our group are in... compromising situations.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: August 13, 2012, 09:48:02 pm »

"Come on..."
Climb.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: August 13, 2012, 10:27:12 pm »

"I'll go check it. Help him as you please."

Move to the room where Faith is, check the situation and record the scene. If they are still trapped, try to nudge the rock away from them. Note: Don't put hands under it.

Only do it if no one else is able to. Otherwise, go back to watching Thomas' predicament.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 11:06:35 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: August 13, 2012, 10:30:41 pm »

I think he has more than enough people ready to dog-pile on one another to break his fall and their bones.

Go with Milno and help to move the rock, making sure to not put hands anywhere near the bottom of it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: August 13, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »

((This turn made my day. :))))

"Well," Faith said, observing her team being defeated by a rock. "I suppose this is why we have teammates."

Wait for better princes stronger looters.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:56 pm »

"Hold on!" Charro spoke up quickly as various people came to help,
"Remember, bend your knees when lifting! So you don't, erm, something. Just... bend your knees, alright?"

>Try again to lift rock off of people's fingers, remembering to bend my knees to prevent back strain!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: August 13, 2012, 11:42:41 pm »

"Alright. Be living cushions. Just remember, either Faith or May will likely be fixing you if you break something"

Travis wanders over to one of the dumbbell shapes littered on the floor. He checks its weight. If it's not too heavy, he picks it up and stores it. He then stands up another one and knocks it down, listening to the noise it creates.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: August 14, 2012, 04:28:16 am »

((This turn made my day. :))))

"Well," Faith said, observing her team being defeated by a rock. "I suppose this is why we have teammates."

Wait for better princes stronger looters.
"So there's always someone to laugh at our failures? I guess that works." Gorat grimaces.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6328 on: August 14, 2012, 05:49:44 am »

"Come on..."
Climb.
[str:3]
You manage to drag yourself up far enough to get your forearms on the ledge, but you're rapidly getting tired.

"I'll go check it. Help him as you please."

Move to the room where Faith is, check the situation and record the scene. If they are still trapped, try to nudge the rock away from them. Note: Don't put hands under it.

Only do it if no one else is able to. Otherwise, go back to watching Thomas' predicament.

You wander up to the room where faith ad the others are under attack from an inanimate object and take in the scene for a moment before picking up the camera and sitting down against the wall behind faith, filming her and the rest of the retard squad struggling against a goddamn rock.

"You know, Faith, an enterprising man might take an opportunity like this to pants you and sell the resulting film to any one of the many perverts on our team." You say, adjusting the zoom on Faith's ass. "But I like to think I'm better then that."

It looks like Charro is currently trying to be useful, so you decide to let him either succeed or at least injure himself before you give it a try.

I think he has more than enough people ready to dog-pile on one another to break his fall and their bones.

Go with Milno and help to move the rock, making sure to not put hands anywhere near the bottom of it.
You follow Milno and ignore his antics, deciding instead to be useful, or at least try to be useful.
[str:6]
You grab the stone and give it a mighty shove, rolling it in one direction though not enough to get it out of the alcove. Chin manages to pull his hands free but the stone rolls over and onto Faith's forearms, yanking her down to her knees and further trapping her. [faith end:3] There's a loud, wet pop as the rock falls onto her arms [end:2] and she immediately begins screaming obscenities between stifled sobs before her emotion inhibiter kicks on and mellows her out.

"Hold on!" Charro spoke up quickly as various people came to help,
"Remember, bend your knees when lifting! So you don't, erm, something. Just... bend your knees, alright?"

>Try again to lift rock off of people's fingers, remembering to bend my knees to prevent back strain!
[str:6]
You rush to Faith's aid and shove the stone off her arms and hands, rolling it back into the alcove and making it significantly harder to get at and move in the future.

"Alright. Be living cushions. Just remember, either Faith or May will likely be fixing you if you break something"

Travis wanders over to one of the dumbbell shapes littered on the floor. He checks its weight. If it's not too heavy, he picks it up and stores it. He then stands up another one and knocks it down, listening to the noise it creates.
The object is roughly 4 foot tall, seemingly made of solid metal and adorned with two very large weights. You're fairly certain that moving it is gonna be a bit of a problem for you.

And try as you might, you can't find one of the things thats actually on its side. They're all still standing straight as an arrow.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:2, HMRC:0
« Reply #6329 on: August 14, 2012, 06:54:43 am »

"****ing stupid rock. I propose killing it with ****ing lasers. Or just leaving it in that ****ing hole."

Try to move my fingers.

"Also, we ****ing need a medic for our medic."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1256