Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3829421 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Rock:3, HMRC:0
« Reply #6360 on: August 14, 2012, 05:20:30 pm »

A new NPC character has appeared on board the ship and is now offering his particular brand of service.
((Does it affect people on mission somehow? As in they missing something due to being inside an alien anomaly?))
((Oh, maybe it's our guide.))
((What would he offer, though? Sage advice?))
((Something along those lines. Or maybe the new NPC will craft items for you, I remember there being some discussion about how hard it is back on the On-Ship thread.))
((I would think that'd impact the usefulness of Handiwork quite a bit, and we already have AM for the paid version of that.))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:25:13 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: August 14, 2012, 05:27:34 pm »

A new NPC character has appeared on board the ship and is now offering his particular brand of service.
((Does it affect people on mission somehow? As in they missing something due to being inside an alien anomaly?))
((Oh, maybe it's our guide.))
((What would he offer, though? Sage advice?))
((Something along those lines. Or maybe the new NPC will craft items for you, I remember there being some discussion about how hard it is back on the On-Ship thread.))
((I would think that'd impact the usefulness of Handiwork quite a bit, and we already have AM for the paid version of that.))
((Eh. I have no clue then.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6362 on: August 14, 2012, 07:25:03 pm »

It seems that ER has officially made it to the top of the Hall of fame list! Now that requires something for all the players, since they made it possible. I wonder what I could do..
((A few moments of peace for everyone when we get back to the ship? A free token for the people? Partying hard? Discovering Steve has a terminal case of Digital Cancer?))
((But Steve doesn't have any fingers! ...Oh, that kind of digital.

More seriously, I have no helpful suggestions as of now.))

Hold the pulp that are my fingers perfectly relaxed. Grumble expletives.

"Damnable rocks and razor trees and Wyrms and pit shades! Did that ****ing rock hit Faith in the head as well? ****ing alien rocks!"

Wait while Maurice tends to Faith.
You hold your hands in front of you, doing your best to look angry and exasperated while wearing a faceless helmet.

"Huh"

Travis ignores his team's losing battle with the rock and knocks one of the dumbbells down. If he can't, he looks at the bottom of the dumbbell, trying to see how it connects to the ground.
You tackle the dumbbell and try to shove it over. Nothing happens. You frown and bend down, placing your head against the ground and trying to see how the alien device is attached to the ground. It's quite a large base, so something could be running up the center. Maybe.

((@IronyOwl: Yeah, I was also thinking about an extra mission that worked like a Bonus/Treasure Run, with less dangers and more bounty.

Or something that could benefit the whole team, like an ARSC.))

"Can you try to create a rough net to catch him then? If you do, don't cut, just tie."

If Simus does accept, Milno tosses her the length of rope he has on him.
You throw your rope to Simus and hope she doesn't fuck up.

If Thomas can drop down safely, without hurting anyone, he does so. If not, he keeps trying.
[intuition: 6+1]
You look down. Oh dear.
[will:3+1]
Yeah falling would be a very bad idea. Lets not fall. Lets not fall and break our goddamn head. Oh god we're talking in the plural third person!

[str:2]
[end:6]
You can't manage to pull yourself up anymore then you already have.

Treat Faith's injuries. Use instruments from her advanced kit, if that would make difference.
Just... what happened here?

(( I am inclined towards making sure everyone would get at least something, but that need not be that simple as equipment or tokens. While the idea of getting a free discovery is very tempting, it is too likely to be imbalanced. All in all, I think some kind of deepening and varying players' options would be the ideal variant, such as, for example, indeed giving access to other parts of the ships, thus introducing new NPCs and new gameplay aspects, or something like that. Or maybe inventing some new game mechanics, as well as new toys and threats based on those.
Well, if my guess of that '[censored]' thing is correct, we might already be heading in that direction. :) ))
[med:5+1]
You take a look at Faith's arm and come to the conclusion that she dislocated her elbow.
"I've come to the conclusion that you dislocated your elbow"
You're going to have to relocate it in an extremely painful way.
"I'm going to have to relocate it in an extremely painful way."
"What?"
You grab Faith's arm and in one swift and brutal motion relocate her shoulder.
[faith end:1]
Faith collapses to the ground, rendered unconscious by the pain. You shrug.

((Speaking of which, we should totally start a betting pool on what [censored] is. Trouble is it might take a while. Or be some weird edge case with whether it matches or not. Or have too many people assume the same thing.))
Go for it. I'll fork over a prize if you get it. Though it may be a little while. Or a long while.

Nah, he'll be there for the foreseeable future. People on the ship just have to go look for him.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: August 14, 2012, 07:31:48 pm »

Attempt to create a rope net for Thomas to that if he falls, he gets caught.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: August 14, 2012, 08:18:10 pm »

Maurice's face darkened as he relocated the shoulder.
I'm... verry sorry. There probably wasn't another way. I just hope that at least now you don't feel pain.

Treat Gorat's hands.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: August 14, 2012, 08:33:10 pm »

Continue trying to get up.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: August 14, 2012, 08:38:08 pm »

Help Thomas climb upwards via spiritual assistance.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:23 pm »

Charro was feeling a little out of his depth.
People were injuring themselves all around him, he wasn't sure if Maurice knew what to do, and worst of all he worried that his joke might have been in poor taste. He'd have to think of something better for later.

"I, um. Don't think that's supposed to happen, is it?" He poked the unconscious Faith with a boot, shrugged, then wandered off to find a spot to sit and think. He had important matters to ponder.

>Whilst the others faff about, seat myself on a convenient rock and go through my collection of broken bone jokes. Or any other relevant jokes. Try to find some that could be more appropriate for later on, when we look back at this horrible experience and laugh.

((Oh man, the update before last made be laugh so hard. Hehehehe. As for a prize, well, I have no idea. We could have a picnic in the anomaly to celebrate! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: August 14, 2012, 09:36:04 pm »

Travis checks around the areas where the bar connects to the 'balloon' parts. Is it completely uniform, is there a small gap, does the color change slightly, anything that makes the bar distinct from the balloons. Travis then tries to pull the dumbbell straight up.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 09:41:58 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: August 15, 2012, 03:48:27 am »

((How about something that's from the Asteroid base mission? We've yet to get something from that mission. Now how would mad scientists of the future utilize data of a mind controlling intelligent soundwave in a useful manner for military applications?))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: August 15, 2012, 05:56:58 am »

Actually, that was what I hoped for. Regardless of the method, the pain should've been overwhelming; now she shouldn't feel any. One piece of a very badly dislocated shoulder, I feel complied to specify, or so I believed back then.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: August 15, 2012, 06:34:03 am »

Actually, that was what I hoped for. Regardless of the method, the pain should've been overwhelming; now she shouldn't feel any. One piece of a very badly dislocated shoulder, I feel complied to specify, or so I believed back then.
Milno chuckled as he heard through the comms what had been happening in the other room.
"She'll be fine. Call it justice or cosmic payback for what she has caused so far, whatever. She is still in debt, though."

Stay near the site of Thomas' predicament. Help if needed in the case of a fall before the net is finished. If a net really is finished, get it and stretch it under Thomas.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: August 15, 2012, 08:50:55 am »

Treat Gorat's hands.

Wince behind the faceplate.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6373 on: August 15, 2012, 09:20:28 am »

Attempt to create a rope net for Thomas to that if he falls, he gets caught.
[handi:4]
You make a kind of awkward spiderweb of tangled ropes that looks vaguely net-like, and will probably function pretty well.

Maurice's face darkened as he relocated the shoulder.
I'm... verry sorry. There probably wasn't another way. I just hope that at least now you don't feel pain.

Treat Gorat's hands.
[med:6+1]
You look at Gorat's hands for a few seconds, poking at the fleshy mess and nodding.

"You know how sometimes doctors distract children before giving them a shot?"

"Yeah..."

"I just want you to know I'd never do that. Now, out of curiosity," You pull out your knife, "What kind of sound do you think this would make when chopping something?"

Gorat takes a half step back. "Why?"

"Well, I'm working on my self insert fanfic and I need a good onomatopoeia."

"Uh...Fwashink?"

You nod for a second and then, in a blur off movement, lop off the three most damaged fingers on Chin's hands. [chin End:3] Chin falls to his knees, screaming and bleeding profusely. You bandage up the stumps of the unsalvageable fingers and splint up the rest, wrestling with his thrashing protests a you do.

"Yeah, I think Fwashink was pretty close."

Continue trying to get up.
[str:5]
You finally succeed on pulling yourself up and into the room.

Help Thomas climb upwards via spiritual assistance.
You attempt to astrally project up to Thomas and goose him.

Charro was feeling a little out of his depth.
People were injuring themselves all around him, he wasn't sure if Maurice knew what to do, and worst of all he worried that his joke might have been in poor taste. He'd have to think of something better for later.

"I, um. Don't think that's supposed to happen, is it?" He poked the unconscious Faith with a boot, shrugged, then wandered off to find a spot to sit and think. He had important matters to ponder.

>Whilst the others faff about, seat myself on a convenient rock and go through my collection of broken bone jokes. Or any other relevant jokes. Try to find some that could be more appropriate for later on, when we look back at this horrible experience and laugh.

((Oh man, the update before last made be laugh so hard. Hehehehe. As for a prize, well, I have no idea. We could have a picnic in the anomaly to celebrate! :P))
You sit on the ground and begin mentally compiling a list of broken bone jokes.
[speech:2]
Not a one.

Travis checks around the areas where the bar connects to the 'balloon' parts. Is it completely uniform, is there a small gap, does the color change slightly, anything that makes the bar distinct from the balloons. Travis then tries to pull the dumbbell straight up.
By balloon I assume you mean the weight part. The weight parts seem to fit perfectly flush with the pole and both are identical in color and everything else. You try to move the dumbbell again but it doesn't budge.

Milno chuckled as he heard through the comms what had been happening in the other room.
"She'll be fine. Call it justice or cosmic payback for what she has caused so far, whatever. She is still in debt, though."

Stay near the site of Thomas' predicament. Help if needed in the case of a fall before the net is finished. If a net really is finished, get it and stretch it under Thomas.
You hang around but it seems like Thomas has made it up on his own.

Treat Gorat's hands.

Wince behind the faceplate.
You do a bit more then wince.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: August 15, 2012, 09:24:56 am »

Take back the vague netlike thing.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 1256