Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832477 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6:In which Simus falls off everything
« Reply #7485 on: September 15, 2012, 10:23:10 pm »

"...I feared this was the case. Well, at least we have some time to remedy this problem. All I can say is, be careful. If we lose the elevator, we're done for"

Travis examines the cliff face. Was it perfectly smooth?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: September 15, 2012, 10:25:18 pm »

Well, unless we can get that elevator, we're screwed, for the most part. Most of us aren't in any condition to go up any other way.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: September 15, 2012, 10:38:16 pm »

Put current events into perspective. Be angsty.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: September 15, 2012, 10:40:47 pm »

(("T... Thomas is d-d... Hey, I wonder what the Armory Master looks like naked."))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: September 15, 2012, 11:56:53 pm »

"...damn it, this also means this isn't a natural occurrence. It's something we woke up, or something. I'm sure Conrad and Steve will be equally thrilled that we've unleashed the shadow hordes once more."

Try to estimate or intuit the height difference between the elevator and the current ground level.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7490 on: September 16, 2012, 12:14:20 am »

"...Well, crap."

Look around and near the wall, flash the light towards nearby higher sections of the wall.

You wander around a bit, looking in the general vicinity and up above. You can't see anything; not surprising, the sand line was probably a hundred feet up or so.

"...I feared this was the case. Well, at least we have some time to remedy this problem. All I can say is, be careful. If we lose the elevator, we're done for"

Travis examines the cliff face. Was it perfectly smooth?
You run your hand over the cliff. It's not perfectly smooth but it's far from rough. You think you might be able to climb it, but it won't be easy.

"My boyfriend is  pretty much dead again and I seem to be passing out for short periods of time. Wahh"

"...damn it, this also means this isn't a natural occurrence. It's something we woke up, or something. I'm sure Conrad and Steve will be equally thrilled that we've unleashed the shadow hordes once more."

Try to estimate or intuit the height difference between the elevator and the current ground level.

Well, probably somewhere between 30 and 35 meters, maybe a little more.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: September 16, 2012, 12:39:16 am »

Check current climbing gear. Check remaining torch fuel. Check available laser weapons and remaining ammo, and estimate the effectiveness of all three on the cliff face.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: September 16, 2012, 11:45:52 am »

"With this distance we'll have to climb in at least pairs. I'm willing to be in front, but who will catch me in case I fall?"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: September 16, 2012, 12:18:00 pm »

"I will, if you want to go first. And I think we only need one person there with some rope to get the rest up." Milno answered Travis as he looked upwards.

"Alternatively, we could try the grappling hook, but there is no guarantee it won't damage the elevator's controls by some stroke of bad luck."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7494 on: September 16, 2012, 01:33:11 pm »

Check current climbing gear. Check remaining torch fuel. Check available laser weapons and remaining ammo, and estimate the effectiveness of all three on the cliff face.
There's plenty of Pitons left between you all, a good amount of rope, grappling hooks for everyone, minus one. Your torch has 9 minutes of fuel left and will no doubt be more effective then a laser rifle. As per the effectiveness of everything, well you imagine you could hammer the pitons into the stone just like on the tower and that you could cut the stone with the torch.
Grappling hook might work if you can get it up high enough to grab the platform.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: September 16, 2012, 01:38:09 pm »

"I can cut handholds if necessary, but it looks like the climbing pitons will suffice for that.

Whatever we're doing though, I'd rather do it quickly. We don't know what's out there, but we're definitely done with it."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: September 16, 2012, 01:52:25 pm »

"Let's start then. Everyone still able-bodied should start setting pitons now."

Start to set pitons to the elevator.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: September 16, 2012, 06:34:14 pm »

"Alight then" Travis said as he gazed upon his daunting task.

Travis starts by attempting to scale to a safe height (5m). He then hammers in a piton and attaches himself to it with a carabiner.

((Edited the height when I realized 8m is actually not a safe height))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 06:51:40 pm by Orb »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7498 on: September 16, 2012, 06:53:03 pm »

"Let's start then. Everyone still able-bodied should start setting pitons now."

Start to set pitons to the elevator.
You hammer pitons in as far as you can reach without climbing, but going up any more will require climbing.

"Alight then" Travis said as he gazed upon his daunting task.

Travis starts by attempting to scale to a safe height (8m). He then hammers in a piton and attaches himself to it with a carabiner.
[str:4]
You climb up a good 6 or 7 meters and pound a piton before clipping yourself on and taking a breather.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: September 16, 2012, 06:57:00 pm »

Close eyes, practice trying to navigate by sound. Staying pretty close, of course.
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 1256