Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809299 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6:In which Simus falls off everything
« Reply #7500 on: September 16, 2012, 07:05:05 pm »

"Hey guys, I'm going to lower a rope. Can you cut it so that it doesn't touch the ground?"

Travis takes a climbing rope and ties it to the carabiner on one end and lowers the other end for his team mates. After it is (hopefully) cut with a plasma torch, wristblade, or other cutting device, he pulls it back up and attaches it to the harness, tieing a secure knot. He then climbs another 6m and hammers in another piton, attaching himself to it once more.

((Edited where Travis connects the rope to himself))
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 07:11:26 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7501 on: September 16, 2012, 07:08:18 pm »

"Aren't we going to need to tie several together to get up there? Why would you want to cut it?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7502 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:28 pm »

"Well, I assume the controls for the elevator are still on the elevator cart. I simply have to get up there and lower the elevator. I want the rope cut because I'm going to tie the rope to myself, and if I fall I'd rather not hit the ground"
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7503 on: September 16, 2012, 07:17:09 pm »

"He's trying to create a safety measure so that if he falls the rope will get him and he won't become a smudge on the ground." Milno answered Faith. "It would be a reasonable idea if even cutting a rope sometimes didn't end in disaster here."

Start to climb and set pitons higher.

((Ninja'ed.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7504 on: September 16, 2012, 07:41:52 pm »

Cut the rope with something. Somebody here has a monoatomic razor that didn't come off with the rest of their arm, don't they?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7505 on: September 16, 2012, 07:46:06 pm »

Cut the rope with something. Somebody here has a monoatomic razor that didn't come off with the rest of their arm, don't they?
((Thomas had that, and he was stasis pod'd. I don't know if anyone remembered to take the monoatomic razor from him, though.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7506 on: September 16, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »

((I have my arm blade, still.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7507 on: September 16, 2012, 10:29:08 pm »

Close eyes, practice trying to navigate by sound. Staying pretty close, of course.
You make beeping noises while wandering around. You can tell when you're near a wall fairly well, but not much else.

"Hey guys, I'm going to lower a rope. Can you cut it so that it doesn't touch the ground?"

Travis takes a climbing rope and ties it to the carabiner on one end and lowers the other end for his team mates. After it is (hopefully) cut with a plasma torch, wristblade, or other cutting device, he pulls it back up and attaches it to the harness, tieing a secure knot. He then climbs another 6m and hammers in another piton, attaching himself to it once more.

((Edited where Travis connects the rope to himself))
[str:2]
You lower the rope and get a length of it cut off, tying off the rope before you start up again. You get maybe a foot before losing your grip and falling like a rock. The rope pulls taut an instant later, stopping you maybe a meter before the ground. Ow.

"He's trying to create a safety measure so that if he falls the rope will get him and he won't become a smudge on the ground." Milno answered Faith. "It would be a reasonable idea if even cutting a rope sometimes didn't end in disaster here."

Start to climb and set pitons higher.

((Ninja'ed.))
[str:4+1]
You climb up a good 10 meters, hammering in pitons every few meters.

You use Simus's blade to cut the rope Travis lowers down. Though it seems kinda useless since Travis falls moments later.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7508 on: September 16, 2012, 11:19:08 pm »

Milno also ties one of the ropes in such a way it'll go taut and prevent a painful landing in the ground if he falls. Then he keeps on putting pitons and advancing.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7509 on: September 16, 2012, 11:44:24 pm »

Milno also ties one of the ropes in such a way it'll go taut and prevent a painful landing in the ground if he falls. Then he keeps on putting pitons and advancing.
You tie yourself off and keep climbing.
[str:6+1]
You climb 15 meters. You guess that you have maybe 10 meters left, if the elevator is still there.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7510 on: September 17, 2012, 12:07:33 am »

"Almost there, just hope it is still there."

Advance further.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7511 on: September 17, 2012, 01:48:19 am »

"Well we're thirty miles down, if it's not we're probably not going anywhere except on top of a Wyrm."

Think about the connection between eating light and "feasting on sound." Why would creatures that are excited or awakened by sound also be able to eat light?

Also, why would they be able to infest humans?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7512 on: September 17, 2012, 01:59:21 am »

"Almost there, just hope it is still there."

Advance further.
[str:3+1]
You make it up another good 10 meters and practically bang your head on the elevator as you  reach it, your suit's lamps reflecting off it's metallic bottom. You clamor across the cliff face and onto the platform; you lay face down on the platform for a long moment, catching your breath and silently thanking the gods of terminal velocity for not reeking terrible havoc on your insides.

"Well we're thirty miles down, if it's not we're probably not going anywhere except on top of a Wyrm."

Think about the connection between eating light and "feasting on sound." Why would creatures that are excited or awakened by sound also be able to eat light?

Also, why would they be able to infest humans?

[int:4]
Hmm. Well energy clearly works differently here, finite light and all. Maybe these creatures ingest or somehow absorb the energy contained within sound and maybe light is just another form of consumable energy to them.  As per infesting, maybe they weren't really infesting so much as they were using his body as a "crutch". Much like the stone limbs it crafted for itself, Thomas' body was simply the bones to the lighteater's flesh.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7513 on: September 17, 2012, 02:03:14 am »

Try to intuit what Lighteater thought of us. Did it seem to recognize us as sentient beings? Animals? Natural phenomena?

Same with the Wyrm that killed Charro. Did it seem like a guard animal warding us off, a bored animal stomping us while we were there, a vengeful Lighteater riding it to kill us, or something else?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7514 on: September 17, 2012, 02:11:03 am »

"I got here, the elevator is here."

Lower rope to the team.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 499 500 [501] 502 503 ... 1256