Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830851 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Hot Drop (players needed)
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2012, 03:36:11 pm »

Yeah hexagons  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Looks like those might be drops in elevation, like trenches. That'd be useful.

Yes and no. They're ice fields, but they are slightly lower in elevation. Not that it will help you much, considering they're on the other side of the building.

((Oh my dear -Chaos- Lord. Those things are really dangerous.))

Milno:

"Uh...Will he live? I think we should wait for the opinions of the teammates who were left behind before we try a mad sprint as well."

((Meaning wait for the others to come and analyze the situation. Their rolls may be better than ours.))

"Uh...Will he live? I think we should wait for the opinions of the teammates who were left behind before we try a mad sprint as well."

> I'll assume the first part of that was directed at me. And yes, assuming you complete the mission in the next ooooooh 5 hours and remember to bring him back, he'll be fine. Well, he'll be as fine as a man, scratch that, genderless soon to be half robotic thing can be after having half his body melted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2012, 03:41:48 pm »

(Kind of figured I was going to die there, but the main failure was in not getting close to the base. I was hoping they would at least have to blow away part of the wall to get me and so give everyone else a way in.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2012, 03:44:35 pm »

((OK, so, I take it that whatever happens to us, we want to keep our head.))
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 03:46:56 pm »

((He has just lost his package. It is very difficult for a man to overcome that kind of trauma. I mean, if he had lost both legs and arms but he still had all the equipment down there, I guess it would be way more bearable.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2012, 03:47:34 pm »

((So do we keep sending in new recruits, or do groups of new recruits go in after the entire current team is FRIED/decapitated/exploded/!!FUN!!zoned? Hehe))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2012, 03:53:48 pm »

(Kind of figured I was going to die there, but the main failure was in not getting close to the base. I was hoping they would at least have to blow away part of the wall to get me and so give everyone else a way in.)

The wall of the pyramid seems to boil for a moment and then it sloughs away, forming a doorway.

Close enough eh?

Figuratively and metaphorically yes. As long as your brain survives you usually won't be permanently dead, just dead for the mission. However the injuries are permanent and sometimes you'll have to skip a mission in order to recover and get used to the new prosthetics, depending on how major the injuries were.

((So do we keep sending in new recruits, or do groups of new recruits go in after the entire current team is FRIED/decapitated/exploded/!!FUN!!zoned? Hehe))

The mission proceeds until either it is completed or everyone dies. If everyone dies (including the NPC's), the mission is a failure and pretty much the entire team is wiped out for good. The people on standby come in for the next mission in order to replace those injured or killed. You still need to send me a revised character sheet that actually follows the rules.

If anyone is wondering about the current Standby list/order:
TCM (who still needs to send me a sheet)
mcclay
zomara0292
Remalle
ashton1993
Ehndras (if he gets me a sheet)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 03:57:30 pm by piecewise »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2012, 03:58:50 pm »

I fixed the stats a while ago in an edit, actually.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2012, 04:04:35 pm »

I fixed the stats a while ago in an edit, actually.

Ah, good. recorded.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Half the man he used to be.
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2012, 04:06:44 pm »

Wait for the others
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2012, 04:21:26 pm »

((He has just lost his package. It is very difficult for a man to overcome that kind of trauma. I mean, if he had lost both legs and arms but he still had all the equipment down there, I guess it would be way more bearable.))

The tip of the package is called the?
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2012, 04:24:44 pm »

The tip of the package is called the?
((I had considered that possibility, but I dismissed it as too lowly to actually have been used. Good work Sir.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2012, 04:28:23 pm »

((I had considered that possibility, but I dismissed it as too lowly to actually have been used. Good work Sir.))

((I actually didn't think of it when I wrote it, but right before I sent it, I noticed what i did. I couldn't resist a three sided joke.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2012, 04:31:31 pm »

(Eh, Subject 19-3 was sterile and didn't have a sex drive anyway. The only thing he's going to regret is having to get used to new legs, assuming he is rescued or whatever.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2012, 04:33:04 pm »

(Eh, Subject 19-3 was sterile and didn't have a sex drive anyway. The only thing he's going to regret is having to get used to new legs, assuming he is rescued or whatever.)
((Good news for him. My character is seventeen years old and he wants to keep his junk intact, thank you very much. Why did this thread derail into a discussion about penises anyway?
Edit: Oh wait, it was my fault. Sorry.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 04:36:08 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2012, 04:38:26 pm »

((Which reminds me of something.
As the group closes the last few meters the dodecahedron's spin stops instantly, with one of it's surfaces pointed at Jim. [Dex Roll: 6] Jim, seeing that the thing is pointed squarely at him, leaps forward. Moments later the area he occupied goes from cold black to white hot in an instant and explodes outward like a great molten bubble being popped. Unfortunately, Jim overcompensates in the low gravity and ends up hurling himself over the rocks and lands face first in the open plain just beyond them. The dodecahedron to the north as well as the one to the east begin to spin, building up speed rapidly.

The spin stops when it aims.

You scramble off the ground and sprint for the central building [Dex roll: 1] only to immediately stumble on the loose rock of the plain and fall face first. You jerk yourself  up again and begin to run again. You make it a few steps before it feels like something bumped into your legs and then everything is black.

Ivan and Milno can only watch as Jim struggles to his feet a second time as the dodecahedrons jerk to a halt in unison. The ground turns white hot beneath Jim as the entire lower half of his body becomes molten vapor. His body drifts forward for a few feet, arcs of dark, flash frozen blood trailing behind it, before hitting the ground and skidding to a stop near one of the pyramids.  The wall of the pyramid seems to boil for a moment and then it sloughs away, forming a doorway. The dodecahedrons remain still.
The thing did not move, which means it is still aiming at him.))

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 1256