Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3827970 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Hot Drop (players needed)
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 02:08:26 pm »

((So umm, where do me and Ashton start off? Drop point randomly?

Maybe the GM can insert us into the situation to give us a starting point. Maybe have us be captives of an enemy we're about to meet, or some such.))
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 02:10:32 pm »

OOC:

Ash, your stats make no sense. How are you strong and willful criminal if your strength and willpower are 1? :P

A smart criminal with no need to:

Willpower: Bending spoons and (usually) not losing your mind.

My gal's a lithe figure who talks straight and doesn't see the point in all this fancy magic crap.  :P
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:21:01 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 02:20:12 pm »

Maybe the GM can insert us into the situation to give us a starting point. Maybe have us be captives of an enemy we're about to meet, or some such.))
((Or maybe you are in standby as he explained, waiting your turn to be sent towards death.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 02:21:18 pm »

((Or maybe you are in standby as he explained, waiting your turn to be sent towards death.))

((Just figured we could make it more interesting ;) ))
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 02:21:56 pm »

Note to self, posting in half-a-dozen Rps while on the phone with clients at your office is a bad idea.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 02:41:59 pm »

Wait, what? I followed the instructions, you said pick 6-1 on the six skills, 6 being what you'd like to be genned as highest and 1 lowest, and you'll pick them rando... Wait, is that from this RP or am I mixing rules? FFFFFFFUUUUUU-

Yeah, you're mixing this with something else. Go back to the front page and look at the sections for skills and stats. It tells you how many points to assign for each.

You're on standby, still in the mothership, basically on the wait list. You play whenever these current meatbags die or get too injured to go on the next mission. Don't worry, I'm sure it won't be too long.

"We want to follow the map or what?"

I'm gonna assume you guys are.

"I'll lead," Jim said, getting ready to make that dash.
Follow Jim, keep head down.
"Turn off your lights and turn on light amps. It'll make us harder to spot"
Milno:

Follow Jim, take precautions to avoid being seen.

Jim dashes further on toward the building, Ivan and Milno behind him. After a few minutes of running they enter the final stretch to the last cluster of rocks indicated on Ivan's map. As they run, the object hovering above the hexagonal platform, now clearly visible as a metalic dodecahedron, begins to spin blindingly fast and erratically. As the group closes the last few meters the dodecahedron's spin stops instantly, with one of it's surfaces pointed at Jim. [Dex Roll: 6] Jim, seeing that the thing is pointed squarely at him, leaps forward. Moments later the area he occupied goes from cold black to white hot in an instant and explodes outward like a great molten bubble being popped. Unfortunately, Jim overcompensates in the low gravity and ends up hurling himself over the rocks and lands face first in the open plain just beyond them. The dodecahedron to the north as well as the one to the east begin to spin, building up speed rapidly. 

Ivan and Milno make it to the last rock and press themselves against it. 
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 02:44:13 pm by piecewise »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 02:50:24 pm »

Jim growled at his overshot dive... but on the other hand, he was close to the building now. He sprinted for it rather than risk going back for cover.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2012, 02:50:57 pm »

Moments later the area he occupied goes from cold black to white hot in an instant and explodes outward like a great molten bubble being popped.

The dodecahedron to the north as well as the one to the east begin to spin, building up speed rapidly.
((Aaahahahah! Those spell "instant and painful death" so clearly it is hard to leave the -temporarily- safe place the rocks produce.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2012, 02:56:17 pm »

Stick head out of rocks and look for any access points to the automated defenses.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2012, 03:01:06 pm »

Milno:

Carefully stick my head out of the rock formation and look for a safe (or at least safer) way leading to the building.
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »

((What are the yellow squares on the map?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 03:21:16 pm »

Jim growled at his overshot dive... but on the other hand, he was close to the building now. He sprinted for it rather than risk going back for cover.
You scramble off the ground and sprint for the central building [Dex roll: 1] only to immediately stumble on the loose rock of the plain and fall face first. You jerk yourself  up again and begin to run again. You make it a few steps before it feels like something bumped into your legs and then everything is black.

Ivan and Milno can only watch as Jim struggles to his feet a second time as the dodecahedrons jerk to a halt in unison. The ground turns white hot beneath Jim as the entire lower half of his body becomes molten vapor. His body drifts forward for a few feet, arcs of dark, flash frozen blood trailing behind it, before hitting the ground and skidding to a stop near one of the pyramids.  The wall of the pyramid seems to boil for a moment and then it sloughs away, forming a doorway. The dodecahedrons remain still.

>Oh dear. Well, at least he's mostly intact.

Stick head out of rocks and look for any access points to the automated defenses.

The dodecahedrons don't appear to have anything but perfectly flat surfaces, and the platforms they're floating above don't have any visible doorways or access points. [intuition roll:3] Maybe you just can't see the access point.

Milno:

Carefully stick my head out of the rock formation and look for a safe (or at least safer) way leading to the building.

It looks like it's a pretty straight shot to the building from here, but there's no cover, just an open plain. [intuition roll:3] Doesn't seem to be any ways better then just running for it.

((What are the yellow squares on the map?))
I dunno, what yellow squares? Everything is a hexagon. Can you circle one for me?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2012, 03:25:51 pm »

Yeah hexagons  :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2012, 03:27:35 pm »

Looks like those might be drops in elevation, like trenches. That'd be useful.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 03, 2012, 03:28:06 pm »

((Oh my dear -Chaos- Lord. Those things are really dangerous.))

Milno:

"Uh...Will he live? I think we should wait for the opinions of the teammates who were left behind before we try a mad sprint as well."

((Meaning wait for the others to come and analyze the situation. Their rolls may be better than ours.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1256