Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3417996 times)

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Hot Drop (players needed)
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2012, 04:42:02 pm »

The dodecahedron to the north as well as the one to the east begin to spin, building up speed rapidly. 
((They also do it before starting to spin. I hope they are not aiming at Jim, because one of us will have to play hero to save him.))
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2012, 04:50:59 pm »

(I would just ignore him. You have five hours to do the mission before he dies for good, so just get in there and shut the place -or at least the turrets- down before going for him.)
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2012, 04:53:37 pm »

(I would just ignore him. You have five hours to do the mission before he dies for good, so just get in there and shut the place -or at least the turrets- down before going for him.)
((If the turrets are still aiming for him they may shoot while he is down...Unless the influx of more targets distracts it.))
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

  • Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2012, 05:02:51 pm »

(If they keep shooting at him, then you can run through the hole and get inside while they're kicking a dead horse. And if his head gets annihilated, I can always just make a new character, so I'm not worried about it at all.)
Logged
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2012, 09:46:10 pm »

((Everything moves whilst I'm asleep.

I should turn this into my advantage...I hate being Left Behind because of timezones.))

Relay knowledge of the land through my radio to anyone within range. This does not mean the range should extend to the enemy position.

Observe the sky.


"And I was here...just for Jaywalking." Feyri muttered to herself, clutching one of the nearby rocks for balance. The landscape was just as she expected it to be -arid and dry, if she could feel the atmosphere. She moved her free hand to the radio link and flipped on the Aural switch in her headset.

"This is Feyri Nirel, squad, we may have a problem in positioning here. From where I can see you all, we're in big trouble. I'll try to fix that."


Fire a small, 5 second burst in 3 intervals at the general direction of the top of the enemy structure to divert attention. Hop from rock formation to rock formation and slowly make my way towards the team in a crouching position once I land on stable ground.

Stay away from the team if any hostility is detected my way, keep watch for any hostiles.


((Request for GM: Could you put the character sheets of the current players in every major update, if it's alright with you?

Also, position of Faith?
))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:28:50 pm by Tiruin »
Logged

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2012, 10:23:49 pm »

Run over to join team, following the route they followed.


"Ohhhhhh, we're going to need a distraction, aren't we?" Faith moaned in dread. "Maybe we could try moving slowly so they don't notice us?"
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:14 pm »

((Everything moves whilst I'm asleep.

I should turn this into my advantage...I hate being Left Behind because of timezones.))

Relay knowledge of the land through my radio to anyone within range. This does not mean the range should extend to the enemy position.

Move down from my current position and join the team, keeping watch for any hostiles.

Observe the sky.


"And I was here...just for Jaywalking." Feyri muttered to herself, clutching one of the nearby rocks for balance. The landscape was just as she expected it to be -arid and dry, if she could feel the atmosphere.

"This is Feyri Nirel, squad, we may have a problem in positioning here. From where I can see you all, we're in big trouble. I'll try to fix that."


Then fire a small, 5 second burst in 3 intervals at the general direction of the top of the enemy structure to divert attention. Hop from rock formation to rock formation and slowly make my way towards the team.

((Request for GM: Could you put the character sheets of the current players in every major update, if it's alright with you?

Also, position of Faith?))
I could put them in every post, if you want. Nothing has really changed, but I can.
Character sheet.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You start climbing down from the top of the rock formation [dex roll: 1] and promptly slip, bouncing head first downward and hitting every single rock on the way down. Just before landing you manage to right yourself and try to land on your feet. Despite the low gravity you land terribly and your Tibia snaps like a dry twig. [Endurance roll:2] You manage not to black out, but only just. Your vision is a red haze of pain and your mind an inarticulate mass of swearing, pleas for mercy and self hatred.

Through your mind bending agony you can see Faith nearby, cowering behind a rock. You weakly try to communicate your need for medical attention by waving your arms and spasming. She ignores you and runs off. As you twitch the radio crackles on and a happy humming filters through.

>Foot bone's connected to your..... ankle bone, ankle bone's connect to your..... leg bone, leg bone's connected to.....nothing.

Run over to join team, following the route they followed.


"Ohhhhhh, we're going to need a distraction, aren't we?" Faith moaned in dread. "Maybe we could try moving slowly so they don't notice us?"
Character sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)


You run to join the team, following the route ivan laid out in his map, and hoping no one has been hurt. You make it all the way to the final stretch without incident and make a run for the rock ivan and milno are hiding behind. [dex roll:2+1] You stumble a bit as you sprint your way there falling to the side just as the ground beneath your feet explodes in a spray of molten stone. You're blown a dozen feet by the blast, cartwheeling into a rock formation farther to the south. [End roll:5-1] You hit the rock and crack your head against it; the helmet absorbs most of the force but you're still dazed by the blow.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2012, 10:40:57 pm »

((Erp, guess I should've signaled my edit before anything else...))
Logged

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2012, 12:26:19 pm »

Regain bearings. Sloooooowly begin emerging from the rock pile. If doheckythings start spinning, dive back behind rock.

((Can a regular medkit even deal with broken limbs? We may be SOL. I mean, I know for a fact we're SOL, but we may be SOL on that specifically.))
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

zomara0292

  • Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2012, 12:27:27 pm »

((SOL?))
Logged
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2012, 12:32:41 pm »

((Shit Outta Luck.))
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2012, 12:36:41 pm »

((Ahahaha!!! We are so screwed.))
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2012, 12:54:19 pm »

((Argh, doubt the turn would be changed anyway, I did edit before it was posted. Doubt anything else would've changed but the transmission going off actually.

Anyway...I've lost my connected tibia! Now the fibula is all alone...))

Feyri listened to the song while trying to forget just how much physics hated her. First, she was here for Jaywalking. Second, Gravity didn't agree with her. Third, traction also hated her, including her guts. Fourth, she wondered through her haze of pain and adrenaline how in this blasted planet could she have tripped while trying to get down a piece of jagged rock.

Well, at least she hoped she got the attention of...particularly anyone.

Or, maybe await death while listening to the blasted song.

. . .

Pessimism didn't sound like good company now. She tried to stand up, but decided against it as she couldn't even get the balance to incline her head enough to view her wound.

Luckily, she remembered something she brought with her.


>Activate Scout Eye. Make it follow the team.

>Swear incoherently in the most verbose way possible.

>Try to examine own wounds. Probably calculate how much time I have left on this blasted hunk of rock. Check if wounds are fatal, through pain threshold feeling.

>If possible, switch the blasted song to something of a more...delicate note.

>Examine the Sky.

>Fire two 5 second bursts at said sky, in a 40 degree angle westward from my position to alert...anything. Diverting attention, I shall not fail!


((Surely I can at least examine something in my prone position.))
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:10:13 am by Tiruin »
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2012, 02:24:13 pm »

((Erp, guess I should've signaled my edit before anything else...))

Yeah, sorry about that, I used what I had when I started the post. If you're going to edit a post, it may be to your advantage to change the message to include a (OH GOD I'M EDITING THIS DON'T DO ANYTHING) message to it as a place holder before you finish editing.

Regain bearings. Sloooooowly begin emerging from the rock pile. If doheckythings start spinning, dive back behind rock.

((Can a regular medkit even deal with broken limbs? We may be SOL. I mean, I know for a fact we're SOL, but we may be SOL on that specifically.))

Ow. You blink until your eyes stop watering and slowly pull yourself up. Well, you're not dead, always a good sign. You wait a moment and when nothing happens you inch your way to the edge of the rock. It seems like whatever shot at you a moment ago isn't shooting at you from here. You're about to indulge in a sigh of relief when the radio unleashes a torrent of swearing, groaning and cursing of "That F***ing medic that left me here to die". [intuition roll:1] "Huh, I guess some medics are as caring as caring as I am" you think, brimming with self confidence and adoration for your selflessness.

You're in the middle of enjoying the warm glow of self satisfaction when a shining ball of rocket propelled metal and camera parts buzzes over the wall of stone to the west and hurtles toward you. [dex roll:1+1] You attempt to sidestep the wayward drone but fail in your endeavor and catch the softball sized robot square in the stomach. [endurance roll: 5-1] You're hammered right back into the rocks you just extracted yourself from, the robot cracking a rib as it skids off you and slams into another rock, shattering into a few hundred tiny parts.

((Argh, doubt the turn would be changed anyway, I did edit before it was posted. Doubt anything else would've changed but the transmission going off actually.

Anyway...I've lost my femur!))

Feyri listened to the song while trying to forget just how much physics hated her. First, she was here for Jaywalking. Second, Gravity didn't agree with her. Third, traction also hated her, including her guts. Fourth, she wondered through her haze of pain and adrenaline how in this blasted planet could she have tripped while trying to get down a piece of jagged rock.

Well, at least she hoped she got the attention of...particularly anyone.

Or, maybe await death while listening to the blasted song.

. . .

Pessimism didn't sound like good company now. She tried to stand up, but decided against it as she couldn't even get the balance to incline her head enough to view her wound.

Luckily, she remembered something she brought with her.


>Activate Scout Eye. Make it follow the team.

>Swear incoherently in the most verbose way possible.

>Try to examine own wounds. Probably calculate how much time I have left on this blasted hunk of rock. Check if wounds are fatal, through pain threshold feeling.

>If possible, switch the blasted song to something of a more...delicate note.

>Examine the Sky.

>Fire two 5 second bursts at said sky, in a 40 degree angle westward from my position to alert...anything. Diverting attention, I shall not fail!


((Surely I can at least examine something in my prone position.))

You switch the radio to the general freq and vent a string of swears and curses on unsuspecting ears. You make sure to take a moment to curse the medic who wandered away from you.

Still shaking, you manage to pull the scout eye from it's capsule and lay it on the ground. You slowly type in a command on the keyboard mounted to the wrist of your suit and press enter. [Aux roll:6] The scout eye hums for a moment before shooting straight into the air and rocketing away toward the north east. You activate the camera and look at the view screen just in time to see it slam directly into one of your teammates and then smash into a rock, leaving only static. Great.

You sit up and attempt to evaluate your injury through your suit. [med roll: 1-1] OH GOD YOU'VE GOT LEG CANCER! You poke at it gently, to see how much it still hurts. [end roll: 5] It hurts, and you're not walking on it, but it's not as bad anymore.

You lay back and stare at the sky; nothing but dim stars up there. You know the mothership is up there too but its too far to see.

In desperation you pick up your laser rifle and aim it in the general direction of the tower, firing off two 5 second bursts of invisible laser. 20 seconds worth of battery life left. [intuition roll: 6+1] You're positive you're firing in the right direction. You're also positive that if you adjusted your angle by 4.3 degrees you could hit the tower in it's weak point and move on to it's true form. These goddamn transforming bosses, always a hassle.

"Hey steve? Could you change the music to something else?"

>Of course, I'll change it to something more fitting to your current performance. How's this?

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Suddenly, He's not half the man he used to be.
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2012, 02:31:36 pm »

Feyri smiled. At least the music wasn't clearly saying anything about her current situation, being long and overdramatic in it's short length. She wondered if it was on loop.

Other than that, she secretly wished the teammate that got hit was the medic. At least the density of the drone wouldn't kill her.

Or...maybe it did. The visual turned into darkness. Well, at least she got some attention with her attack.


>Adjust firing reticle. Aim and fire four rounds of 5 second bursts at the target, after adjustments and reliance on Intuition.

>Give the transmission to the team that I'll be...laying back.


((There goes one token.))
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 1256