Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831639 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Jim: Doomed.
« Reply #420 on: April 11, 2012, 03:07:13 pm »

Try to walk

((I took a painkiller, so it shouldn't hurt that much))
With no small amount of difficulty you manage to stand, your legs more of a hindrance in that effort then anything else, and take a few stiff legged steps. Well, you can forget about running, or even walking very fast, but you can hobble along.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 11, 2012, 03:09:30 pm »

...Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 11, 2012, 03:24:46 pm »

What, coming here? Defying the Magisters? Not faking your own death?

Yeah, all pretty terrible. :P

Examine other rooms.

"Maybe it's just a display...?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #423 on: April 11, 2012, 05:40:30 pm »

What, coming here? Defying the Magisters? Not faking your own death?

Yeah, all pretty terrible. :P

Examine other rooms.

"Maybe it's just a display...?"
You walk out of the northern room and into the main room. Feyri is standing there, wearing Jim like a back pack, and looking off down the hall to the west. You peek over her shoulder and see the hovering plate she's looking at. You walk into the western room to take a look. The plate here is pretty much identical to the one in the north, but it seems to be floating a bit closer to the ground. It also has a series of small holes melted through it. You look through one of the holes and notice that there's a corresponding hole in the wall behind it. You crouch down on hands and knees and press your face plate against the hole, peering out onto the plain below. It's hard to tell, but the hole seems to line up with an area near where you were dropped off. How odd.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 11, 2012, 05:44:15 pm »

Milno examines the place.

Aren't these the towers of the deadly turrets?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #425 on: April 11, 2012, 06:11:09 pm »

Milno examines the place.

Aren't these the towers of the deadly turrets?
You take a look at the inscription on the hovering plate. [intuition roll:6] It looks an awful lot like the turrets outside...well that and about a dozen other things in here. Fucking aliens and their limited geometric range. Maybe you could turn off those turrets using these plates? Or maybe it causes them to explode? Or maybe they'll just open fire on this spot. Hard to tell.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 11, 2012, 06:20:10 pm »

Milno:

Will for it to shoot at a rock on the ground far below.

No, don't do that.

Contact Steve instead.
"Hey Steve. How many tokens am I refunded if I turn in my fully loaded laser rifle? The only time I tried to shoot with it I had to dodge and dislocate my shoulder."
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 06:25:06 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #427 on: April 11, 2012, 06:32:01 pm »

Milno:

Will for it to shoot at a rock on the ground far below.

No, don't do that.

Contact Steve instead.
"Hey Steve. How many tokens am I refunded if I turn in my fully loaded laser rifle? The only time I tried to shoot with it I had to dodge and dislocate my shoulder."
> If you bring it back in the same condition you got it I assume they'll give you a full refund. You'll have to bring it up to the armory master though, and she's probably not in the best mood right now. Some recruit whose name I don't care to look up modified his Cameyes to look through clothing and she was his first test subject.

You may be able to see him about now,if you look up.  She fired him out of the airlock about 20 minutes ago.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 11, 2012, 06:40:38 pm »

Milno looks up and tries to see where the unfortunate bastard will fall.
He may want to try and loot the corpse later if there is something still intact.
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 11, 2012, 06:42:52 pm »

Aren't we inside?

Hobble around and examine the rooms.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 11, 2012, 06:50:52 pm »

Head to center platform, tap cube upwards again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #431 on: April 11, 2012, 07:13:13 pm »

Aren't we inside?

Hobble around and examine the rooms.
You're still on the ground floor you realize, right?

Milno looks up and tries to see where the unfortunate bastard will fall.
He may want to try and loot the corpse later if there is something still intact.

>Judging by the helmet accelerometers you actually did look up didn't you? Did you get a nice view of the ceiling? Yeah. It's times like this that I'm tempted to use those shock modules we implanted in your spine.  
Head to center platform, tap cube upwards again.

You walk back to the central platform and give the cube a gentle lift. It glides up a few inches and then comes to a stop before the entire platform begins to rise again. The ceiling is lower here, so you're through within moments. The next level is comprised of a single, massive room, with rising terraces stacked one on top of the other like shelves in a great book shelf. Each Terrace holds dozens, maybe even hundreds of thin, clear boxes, set into the walls. Within these boxes you can see what look like giant Hopper Crystals, huge and mindbogglingly complex collections of glittering square spirals.

At the center of the room is a great dais, a collection of hundreds of slowly churning shapes, and upon it lies something all together different. It scarcely looks real, just a collection of spiderweb fine lines, lit by some inner power and swirling like smoke in the wind. Occasionally a surface materializes within those lines and the whole chaotic web will take on a definite shape, a cube or pyramid or sphere, but it will vanish as quickly as it appeared and the mass of light shall once again become formless.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: April 11, 2012, 07:19:30 pm »

Milno:

((There is a hole which allows me to see the outside...))

Repeat Faith's action and drag Feyri with me. Do not go if I can't drag her with me, because, you know, I need someone to shield me.
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 11, 2012, 07:24:56 pm »

Oh.

I go up the elevator!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #434 on: April 11, 2012, 08:55:22 pm »

Oh.

I go up the elevator!
You hobble comically to the elevator you just finished hurling yourself off of and ride it up to the next floor.
Milno:

((There is a hole which allows me to see the outside...))

Repeat Faith's action and drag Feyri with me. Do not go if I can't drag her with me, because, you know, I need someone to shield me.

You walk up behind Feyri and grab jim's corpse. With a swift yank you send the body flying across the room; Feyri turns and follows it, arms outstretched, to its landing point on the elevator. You step onto the platform and press the cube up, riding the elevator to the next level as Feyri sits and cradles jim's limp carcass in her arms. You're explaining away jim's flight as a freak alien gravity fluctuation when you reach Faith. 
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 1256