Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830374 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Indeed, I've had my eye on this since the day it started, I missed rollcall by a tiny bit, and I've been guffawing at their violent antics since then. :P

Nah, it'll get worse.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile

Indeed, I've had my eye on this since the day it started, I missed rollcall by a tiny bit, and I've been guffawing at their violent antics since then. :P

Nah, it'll get worse.

Hopefully I'll be in the game by then.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno:

"Like I would care at this point. Seriously. Do you think I'm worried about it? Hey Steve, how much time do I have left with this bleeding? I guess it is time to throw all my cautiousness through the window."

Will for the alien weapon to exchange arms.
Now, we don't need a roll for that, right? If you got to roll for that, just make me try and shoot the ceiling again.
>>It would be a willpower roll, yeah. By the way, just a heads up, sometimes I won't show a roll if you fail it (3 or lower).

You grab the wrist of what's left of your arm and aim it toward the ceiling, willing the pyramid to fire. It spins up to a dizzying speed and [exotic weapon roll: 6-1] proceeds to blow a nice clean hole straight through the ceiling, perfectly aligned with the weird glowing thing on the pedestal.

>Analyzing. Yep, thats the power source for the whole building. Huh. It seems to be feeding power to all those clear boxes in that room.

Welp, that's that. I'm really the best medic.

Touch the glowiest thing in the room.

That isn't Milno's spinning death weapon.

You leave milno to writhe in agony and walk back to the dais. You slowly extend your hands and bring them towards the ever shifting shape. Just before you come in contact with it's hazy outer boundaries you feel a tingle run up your arms, an electric feeling which seems to crawl up your spine and into your head. You shake your head and bring your hands the last few inches down into the boundaries of that thing. And then your arms flop limply down, away from the alien artifact. In confusion you raise your arms to look at them and notice that the sleeves of the suit are empty from the elbow down.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno snarks.

"In my layman's opinion, you are what we in the plowing fields like to call 'double cripple'. On the bright side, we now make quite the armless pair."
"My recommendation is not to worry about it, since it already happened to me, and to get used to people calling you Ms. Flip-Flop."

Milno sighs.

"Aside from that, we really should check the lower level once more. Maybe those things under us are providing some kind of force field."

Stare at the place where Ms.Jackassdoc lost her arms and examine it from a safe distance (a.k.a intel or intuition roll).
Edit: Correction.
Piece, you should get a new title. We just partially lost two more limbs.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:06:07 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno snarks.

"In my layman's opinion, you are what we in the plowing fields like to call 'double cripple'. On the bright side, we now make quite the armless pair."
"My recommendation is not to worry about it, since it already happened to me, and to get used to people calling you Ms. Flip-Flop."

Milno sighs.

"Aside from that, we really should check the lower level once more. Maybe those things under us are providing some kind of force field."

Stare at the place where Ms.Jackassdoc lost her arms and examine it from a safe distance (a.k.a intel or intuition roll).
Edit: Correction.
Piece, you should get a new title. We just partially lost two more limbs.
>>Remember, things are not always how they seem. Be careful not to jump to conclusions until your character has actually looked at something through their eyes. What one character sees may not be whats really happening. ;)

You look toward Faith and see her staring at her arms, waving them around for some reason. They look perfectly fine and intact, unlike your own. Wonder what her problem is. The thing she was trying to grab seems not to have changed in the least.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:15:42 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hm...Illusions?))

Milno:

Approach the dais sideways and slowly until my sausage arm is inside the area Faith touched.
Edit: Nevermind. Just disregard my last action :P The mistaken one, I mean.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:24:21 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Hm...Illusions?))

Milno:

Approach the dais sideways and slowly until my sausage arm is inside the area Faith touched.
You side up beside faith and slowly thrust your ruined arm toward the glowing alien power source. [Willpower roll: 4]The tip of your finger makes contact with one of the glowing threads and you feel your skin crawl and your brain tingle. You fight off a sudden attack of vertigo and then suddenly realize something. You feel a sort of phantom fear of the alien power source, a dread that does not feel like its your own, as though someone has forced it into your mind.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno:

Contact Steve

"Hey, Steve. If I grab and deliver this thing despite everything inside common sense my brain is trying to tell me, do I get cookies, meaning tokens?"
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno:

Contact Steve

"Hey, Steve. If I grab and deliver this thing despite everything inside common sense my brain is trying to tell me, do I get cookies, meaning tokens?"

>Yes. Also, since its the main source of power for this building, probably means you won't have to go around and destroy the turrets and any remaining robots.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno:

"Well, I only have the rest of my (now much shorter) life to lose, so here we go."

Grab the glowing thing. But before doing it, poke the power source with the tip of my laser rifle.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:46:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Trynottopanictrynottopanictrynottopanictrynottopanictrynottopanic

Faith made only the very faintest gurgling noise, closely examining her arms. Maybe they were just invisible.

Examine arms. What's obviously left of arms, that is.

In fact, examine what's actually left of them after that too.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno:

"Well, I only have the rest of my (now much shorter) life  to lose, so here we go."

Grab the glowing thing. But before it, poke the power source with the tip of my laser rifle.
>The glowing thing and the power source are one and the same I hope you realize.

You poke at the glowing alien power source with the tip of your laser rifle. It seems to pass through like you're poking at smoke. You shrug and reach out with your good hand, trying to grab hold of the tiny glowing filaments. Your hand stops a few inches from the artifact itself, as though you encountered a solid surface. [Willpower roll:6] A tingling crawls up your arms and settles in your head. You feel a sudden sharp pain and turn your head to see Faith as driven a knife into your back. You shake your head. No, faith doesn't have a knife, it's nothing but a trick. You Give the phantom faith a good kick and turn back to the artifact. You've got a good grip on the invisible surface.

Trynottopanictrynottopanictrynottopanictrynottopanictrynottopanic

Faith made only the very faintest gurgling noise, closely examining her arms. Maybe they were just invisible.

Examine arms. What's obviously left of arms, that is.

In fact, examine what's actually left of them after that too.

You look at the forearm section of the suit. It's hanging limply, obviously empty just below the elbow. You breathe raggedly and rub one stump against the other. They're completely gone.

You're so entranced by your suddenly missing limbs that you hardly notice Milno as he walks up beside you and begins to fiddle with the artifact. Without warning he turns and looks at you over his shoulder before giving you a hard kick in the stomach. [Endurance: 4-1] You tumble backward as the wind is kicked out of you, grasping weakly at your stomach. It's only a few moments later that you realize you're holding yourself with limbs you should not have. Some how your limbs have returned.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno says some words before grabbing the object:
"In case I die, I would like to tell you guys something. Those may be my last words, so pay attention to keep them close to your heart: Ivan fucking sucks major d**g and ham sandwiches rule."

Upon seeing nothing happened to him, Milno laughs and turns towards Faith.
"And Faith, a phantom that looked just like you just knifed my back. Ahahhahaha!"

Just walk away with the thing. Wish for it to stop messing with our minds (only if it is still doing so).
No roll please, I just took the thing. q.q

Edit: You ninja'd my "farewell my friends" thingy.
Also nevermind my plead. Milno is probably as good as dead right now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 03:11:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Just walk away with the thing.
No roll please, I just took the thing.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Faith glanced around, obviously disturbed.

"Uhhhhhhh, guys? I think the... power source is messing with our minds. Or bodies. Maybe it can only store things? Or needed- anyway, my arms were gone. Now they're back, so that's good... but then Milno kicked me and says a phantom me knifed him in the back. Which I don't think happened.

So. Uh. Watch out?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I think this is the part where the thing makes us fight among ourselves and kill each other. Come on GM, no TPK on the first mission please. We've mostly been good people.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 1256