Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3867615 times)

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"But, crystals! We might get more tokens if we can figure them out.

...right?"

Take another stab at figuring out the control panel.
Milno looks at Faith.

"Yes, my dear, but we may also spend an unnecessary amount of time here while my arm is twisted like a sausage and bleeding, although less at the moment. You may also activate some sort of emergency power system which will spring all defense systems back to life or activate the self-destruction protocol of this grave, if not both. There are various options to what may happen, and most are grim."


Contact Steve.

"Hey Steve. After we finish this mission, will you tell us how many tokens we won and such?"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:59:07 pm by Caellath »
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno:

"Let's go people."

Gently kick Faith's asspoke Faith until she's on the platform. Find a way to bring Feyri to the lift.

"Faith, please make it move downwards."

Edit:

"Hey Steve. After we finish this mission, will you tell us how many tokens we won and such?"
Milno:

"Let's go people."

Gently kick Faith's asspoke Faith until she's on the platform. Find a way to bring Feyri to the lift.

"Faith, please make it move downwards."

Edit:

"Hey Steve. After we finish this mission, will you tell us how many tokens we won and such?"

"Faith!" you yell over your shoulder, "Get down here and make this thing go down. I'd do it myself but I am, as they say in your medical profession, fucked."

""But, crystals! We might get more tokens if we can figure them out!" She shouts down from one of  the terraces above you.

"Yes, my dear, but we may also spend an unnecessary amount of time here while my arm is twisted like a sausage and bleeding, although less at the moment. You may also activate some sort of emergency power system which will spring all defense systems back to life or activate the self-destruction protocol of this grave, if not both. There are various options to what may happen, and most are grim. So get down here and work this thing before I bean you in the head with this glowing whatever the the hell it is."

You shake your head and tune the radio to Steve.
"Hey Steve. After we finish this mission, will you tell us how many tokens we won and such?"
>Yes. There will be a debriefing

"But, crystals! We might get more tokens if we can figure them out.

...right?"

Take another stab at figuring out the control panel.
Milno is yelling at you to come down. Something about working the elevator.

"But, crystals! We might get more tokens if we can figure them out!" You shout back and return to the control panels. Off handedly you hear him yell something, but you ignore it.

[intuition roll:4] The monitors look like they were keeping track of something...some sort of nutrient intake? Hm. You think some of these...square things look like they control the amounts of...something...being put in.

Hobble onto the elevator

You do your best impression of Frankenstein's monster and hobble over to the elevator. Huh, the cube that controls it is missing.Also it's pitch black and you can't see a thing.Thats new.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:22:35 pm by piecewise »
Logged

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno:

"Really? From the looks of those things, I bet they were just life-support things for specimens of an ancient alien race. Nothing we could take with us unless you lick some of their remains from the floor."

((Ivan'll probably be crushed by the alien lift. Lol, retribution.))

Edited: The damn green-speaking computer answered me in the last post.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 09:36:08 pm by Caellath »
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno:

"Really? From the looks of those things, I bet they were just life-support things for specimens of an ancient alien race. Nothing we could take with us unless you lick some of their remains from the floor. Uh, why isn't Steve answering?"

((Ivan'll probably be crushed by the alien lift. Lol, retribution.))

Sorry about being a bit late with Steve.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((When I saw the title, I was relieved as my character is not male.

Then I see this. Nobody waits for the other two people...

*Tiruin sips a bit of red wine as he enjoys the expressions of people at his character.

~Nobody knows Feyri like you, and me~...))


Feyri stood dumbfounded at the unraveling of events in front of her. Too much was happening, yet in the least, they were all alive. She sighed to herself, knowing everyone would be coming back for a whole-hearted reunion.

"Well, looks like I was useless here. When we leave, I'm taking point. Faith, you haul Milno and take the rear. Ivan, keep our midsection safe and take Jim with you, make sure all wounded are accounted for. Tokens are second-priority to our lives," she said solemnly. Her leg wasn't a bother anymore and the only able fellow was the Medic! It was a good mission indeed.

The thought about returning back to an intangible LZ would be harrying, knowing that danger would lurk around the corners. But still, she knew her training as a mercenary. If anyone was to get hurt, it would be her now.


Find a suitable power source for the lift that would bring us down. If not, give my laser battery to the most tech-able person in the squad and command them to improvise.


Logged

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Well... I guess you not bleeding out would be nice...

But don't you want to figure out what this stuff is for? It must have been well-guarded for a reason, right?"
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno repeats himself:

"Faith, from the looks of those things, I bet they were just life-support systems for specimens of an ancient alien race. Nothing we could take with us unless you lick some of their obviously dissolved remains from the floor, which right now I think you are willing to do, due to your perseverance on the matter. Just to make sure...HEY STEVE, scan through the hole and see if you can figure this out."


He turns towards Feyri.

"Hey obssessive girl, as long as I can drag my own ass around, I'll do it. No need for Ms.Professional Opinion to haul me. Also, my power source just worked on this lift, but we do not know where Ivan is. He is probably on the lower level, and I'm afraid he may be taking a vodka-fueled nap under the point where this platform will descend onto. Even though he is an ass, I do not want to kill him, so...Nevermind. Just move the cube downwards and pray that Ivan is a smart fella."
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"I don't see anything that implies they're defunct life support systems. Like goo that used to be patients. Plus, think about it- this was the last structure of this entire planet. It was whoever built it's bastion. Don't you think they might have something important, like maybe even a way to regrow themselves or something? That'd be fascinating!"
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Move that cube downwards while hauling Jim, if nobody else objects.

"Ivan, if you can hear this, which I won't doubt you will. Move out of the way of any descending objects."

She inclined her head towards Faith. "You're the luckiest one in our group, but I guess this place was guarded only by the dead and the machine. Does anyone here have knowledge on alien tech- Oh wait.

"Jim.

"Let's try your way then, Faith. We're all here (Except Ivan?) anyway."
Logged

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

you see the crystalline things in the clear tanks all around the room jerk violently, growing and dissolving, faintly shining as they curl and expand until finally becoming still. All is dark and motionless, save for the glowing thing resting in your hand.
you see the crystalline things in the clear tanks all around the room jerk violently, growing and dissolving
dissolving
I like nachos. I really do.
((Ahem.))

Milno rolls his eyes

"Sincerely, even if they do grow back like freaking magic, do you really think they would shake our hands and call us bros? Hell no, they would try to rip us to tiny pieces for basically destroying their resting place. If we could free them, it was supposed to be done before we had taken the energy source out of this place. They are all probably dead by now, or so I hope, if they happen to be alive and dangerous."

He sighs at Feyri's suggestion.

Edit: Edited out, that was too creepy even for Milno.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:20:04 pm by Caellath »
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Perform Consecration Rites on the tomb while following Milno and Faith's command.

"Then let us at least give our respects before we leave this planet. The last of it's system and it's people."
Logged

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno:

"Faith, your argumentation really got me interested. I advise you to randomly try to rip everything you can carry from this place, so that either you find gold or activate the aforementioned systems. No, wait, emergency defense systems seem to be very bad. Well, the choice is yours, I'll be bleeding to death here, no rush whatsoever."

"So yeah, Feyri, don't you think we should be quicker? Jim will die if we stay too long around here, you know. There is a limit to how much time he can stay that way."

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:30:59 pm by Caellath »
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

  • Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Activate light-amps, look around for the controls.
Logged
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

  • Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Er, yeah... lemme see if..."


Attempt to use controls to increase nutrient intake/flow to one part/section/tube/crystal/thing.

"We might need to bring the power source over here for it to work, though..."
Logged
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno...ah nevermind.

"Ah, why not, so that the defense system gets reactivated and we can all have jolly good hallucinations together like we were all on a synesthesic bar or something. So your phantom will try to stab me once more and I'll fucking blow a hole through its head this time.
Have you ever watched sci-fi/horror movies and seen what happens with the people who try to mess with that they do not understand, my fair lady? Oh my sweet Black Jesus, why is a seventeen-year-old teenager trying to teach common sense to adults?"


((GM, are your turgid homicidal desires tingling? Because they may be close to being fulfilled.))
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:51:56 pm by Caellath »
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 1256