Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808768 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2 starting soon. Enlist now!
« Reply #585 on: April 14, 2012, 01:45:48 pm »

((@Feyri: You are actually building your character the same way I was going to. Buuh...Boring.))
((Planning to? I thought everyone else was taking robotics and Auxiliary systems? I just want to make sure my leg doesn't get broken once more.))
((Just joking. I have no idea as to how build my character. Divided between my original plan, which was a dexterity melee mofo, and auxiliary systems master.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #586 on: April 14, 2012, 01:47:33 pm »

The armory master taps her fingers for a few seconds, thinking. "I've got a Civic Defender's Long coat in the back. You know'em right? Got reactive carbon nanofibers weaved in. Soft as silk until something hits it at high speed, then it becomes harder then steel for an instant. Reactive armor. 3 token.
((...I had already forgot about these custom orders. How does that long coat look and are there more expensive (and overall better) cool-looking equipment? Because I got some tokens and I was mostly thinking about spending all of them for the sake of mobility. Long coats are nice, though.
Ahem, aside from that, do anyone wants to borrow tokens from me at a high interest rate? I'll kill you and eat your hamburguer afterwards if you don't pay, though. Winkwink.))

Ever seen the movie "Equilibrium"? Think something like the jackets the main character wears. As per other stuff, ask the armory master.

Spoiler: Ivan Yankovichy (click to show/hide)
BTW, the +1/+2's are to denote which skills I'm adding to. They're already figured in.
Head to the armory.
"Have anything light but strong that will keep me alive?"

You walk to the armory and lean on the counter while talking to the armory master.
"Have anything light but strong that will keep me alive?"

"Mk II suits are good. Their life support systems a light years ahead of the Mk I. Mk III's are even better. As per something different...well, got a Maintenance uniform. They're coated with adaptive gel, designed to cushion impacts from falls or metal fragments. Decent electrical and chemical insulation too. It would protect you from most mundane things like falling off a cliff or catching some shrapnel. Not gonna stop a laser or a coil gun round though. Covers everything but your hands, feet and head. 2 token.

((Milno: Feyri does not forget her debts. You'll have yours coming.

And Jim got an upgrade. I wonder if that affects his skills in using Exotic weapons?

Scelly9, I think you should edit the additions. It looks like you're already adding to another bonus. A +5 to a +5, including the skills.))

Proceed solemnly back to the briefing room.

Look for any new recruits.

Examine Blade Handle.

You walk back to the briefing room and look for new faces. You can't find any (none of the standby people have shown up.).

You shrug and take the tesla sabre off your belt. You turn it over in your hands, looking at it carefully. Its a fairly compact handle with an ergonomic grip designed to fit in your hand. Set in the center of the handle is a pressure switch; all the user has to do is squeeze to activate the blade and loosen their grip to deactivate it.  A circular hand guard projects around top, protecting the user from the rather nasty looking series of metal prongs and protrusions that direct the electrical discharges. On the bottom of the handle are two very tiny dials.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 14, 2012, 02:09:09 pm »

im in, though i dont know if you want me to rp myself in.
Be dragged in and, when forcefully dumped into the room, scurry around for a place to hide from the noisy, incomming, people.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #588 on: April 14, 2012, 02:20:52 pm »

im in, though i dont know if you want me to rp myself in.
Be dragged in and, when forcefully dumped into the room, scurry around for a place to hide from the noisy, incomming, people.
Two burly men in maintenance uniforms walk into the briefing room and huck Victor onto one of the rows of seats. He immediately scampers off into a corner and hides.

>Hiding in the Air ducts again eh? Well, don't worry, I won't electrocute you like last time. This time I'll just volunteer you for the next mission. 4 slots left. 

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 14, 2012, 02:33:51 pm »

Buy a MKII suit and head back to the briefing room.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #590 on: April 14, 2012, 02:57:11 pm »

Buy a MKII suit and head back to the briefing room.
You hand over all your tokens and select a mk II suit.

"It will be waiting for you in the docking bay for your next mission." The armory master says without looking up from her keypad.

Your tokens spent and with nothing else to do you head back the briefing room and take a seat.

>I'll remind everyone that you actually have to say you wish to go on the next mission. Simply sitting in here isn't enough.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 14, 2012, 03:06:02 pm »

Milno gets his arm hamburguer (he finds it very yummy) and moves to the armory (hopefully I can already walk):

"Excuse me, may you present me with a selection of armor both lightweight and that may keep me alive, such as a combination of light armor plus some kind of long coat?"

Edit: Undergoing editing process for a better presentation at the moment.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:45:52 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #592 on: April 14, 2012, 03:53:10 pm »

Milno gets his arm hamburguer (he finds it very yummy) and moves to the armory (hopefully I can already walk):

"Excuse me, may you present me with a selection of armor both lightweight and that may keep me alive, such as a combination of light armor plus some kind of long coat?"
You roll your wheelchair back to the infirmary and drop it off before heading toward the armory. Before you get there a man in coveralls and an apron stops you and hands you what looks like a hamburger, cooked rare. He looks rather disgusted with you. You take the burger and take a bite. Hm tastes a bit like sweet pork and a bit like veal. Pretty darn good. Uh oh. Now you want more.

Sammich in hand you head to the armory and ask, amid bites of arm burger, "Excuse me, may you present me with a selection of armor both lightweight and that may keep me alive, such as a combination of light armor plus some kind of long coat?"
"Well, for a choosy cannibal such as yourself, I'd recommend some Ablative armor plating and a Civic Defender's Long coat. The plating is added to your suit. It is designed to shatter on impact and take the brunt of the force. The Long coat...well you probably know that already. 3 token for the jacket, 2 for the extra plating on the suit. We also got this."

She lays a silver box the size of a pack of cards down on the counter.

"Lab boys came up with it. Call it a passive kinetic barrier; like a vector field manipulator but automatically controlled. It will automatically manipulate the vector of anything entering it's field at dangerous speeds; it's effectively a forcefield. Works great against single shots or small bursts of solid projectiles, but against a spray of shrapnel or a laser or things like that it's not gonna be much help. On board computer can only do the calculations so quickly. Also won't help stop anything much bigger then a softball. Apparently the calculations get more complex on bigger things. 7 token.

There's more, Public Avenger gear and such, but thats beyond your price range.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 14, 2012, 04:04:13 pm »

Purchase MK.II suit and Advanced Medkit. Volunteer for next mission.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 14, 2012, 04:08:21 pm »

Milno pondered while taking some bites of his arm. Out of respect, he stopped for a moment to ask his question.

"Hm...In your professional opinion~" - he smiled widely, remembering Faith - "Do you think if I bought a MkIII I would be better off than buying coats, stuffing my suit with plates and then having to buy extras? I was wondering about the bulkiness of the MkIII, because if I end up having to fight in enclosed spaces, a suit of armor that is half as wide as a corridor would turn me into an instant target. On the other hand, I thought the added mobility could be very well employed. It would help me if I was given an idea as to the size of a MkIII."
He says, getting back to his food while waiting for an answer.

((In short, MkIII=13 tokens, long coat+trinkets=12, which one is best for defensive purposes?))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:36:01 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #595 on: April 14, 2012, 04:44:46 pm »

Purchase MK.II suit and Advanced Medkit. Volunteer for next mission.
You buy yourself a MK II suit and Advanced Kit, grimacing slightly as you hand you over all of your tokens. With your kit under your arm and your suit stored in the Docking bay you head back to the briefing room and take a seat. After a moment you raise your hand and say "I volunteer."

> Ah, miss worst medic. Good to have you aboard, if only for comedic reasons. 3 slots left.

Milno pondered while taking some bites of his arm. Out of respect, he stopped for a moment to ask his question.

"Hm...In your professional opinion~" - he smiled widely, remembering Faith - "Do you think if I bought a MkIII I would be better off than buying coats, stuffing them with plates and then having to buy extras? I was wondering about the bulkiness of the MkIII, because if I end up having to fight in enclosed spaces, a suit of armor that is half as wide as a corridor would turn me into an instant target. On the other hand, I thought the added mobility could be very well employed. It would help me if I was given an idea as to the size of a MkIII."
He says, getting back to his food while waiting for an answer.

((it looks something like this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))

"Well, the MkIII has all the life saving qualities of the Mk II not to mention being generally more protective. It's real advantages are the rocket pods that let it fly and move at high speed and the enhanced strength from the exoskeleton though, not it's brute protective ability. It's designed to make sure you don't get in a situation where you have to be shot, not to absorb shots because you're incompetent. You want something that will really shrug off damage, get a Battle suit.

As per size, beyond those wing pods, its pretty much the same size as a mk I or II.

In my personal opinion, a Mk III would be better, assuming you actually make use of it. If you just want something to absorb bullets, the Jacket and plating.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 14, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »

Jim sighed mentally. That was about what he figured. "Then I'll come back when I have more tokens." For now, he decided to pick up those upgrades from the doc, then go find some quiet, out-of-the-way place to get used to his new body and abilities.

(Power-gaming wise, it seems like it would be a good idea for me to bum as much possible off of Caellath since he offered. He can eat what's left of Jim's former body if I don't repay him, which means I'm still fine, and if I'm lucky he might die during the mission and then I don't have to pay him back at all. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 14, 2012, 05:07:03 pm »

Volunteer for next mission!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #598 on: April 14, 2012, 05:10:12 pm »

Jim sighed mentally. That was about what he figured. "Then I'll come back when I have more tokens." For now, he decided to pick up those upgrades from the doc, then go find some quiet, out-of-the-way place to get used to his new body and abilities.

(Power-gaming wise, it seems like it would be a good idea for me to bum as much possible off of Caellath since he offered. He can eat what's left of Jim's former body if I don't repay him, which means I'm still fine, and if I'm lucky he might die during the mission and then I don't have to pay him back at all. XD)
You head to the infirmary and take a seat on one of the beds. It creaks in protest as your massive bulk settles on it. The doctor comes over, holding what looks like a handful of wires and metal probes attached to black spheres.
"Just take a moment." he says, already starting to peel back your faceplate. Your vision goes black for what you guess to be about five minutes and then it comes back, seemingly no different then usual.

"Done. Filters thought activated. Try them out." He's silent for a moment and then, "Do not modify. Armory master is...testy."

With your new eyes installed you leave the infirmary and wander into the Rec and Mess hall. A few scattered people are sitting around, watching tv, eating or messing around with the various entertainment machines. You take a seat at one of the mess tables and start cycling through the vision filters of your new eyes while testing out your new body. Oh, your wrists can rotate all the way around! Neato. 

Volunteer for next mission!
You raise your hand and shout "I volunteer!"

>Ah Ivan. Do try not to shoot your own teammates and then break your leg again. 2 slots left.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 14, 2012, 05:10:55 pm »

((Well. Since SeriousConcentrate is trying to cheat my cannibal system, I won't let Jim anywhere near my tokens. I'm spending all of them.))
Milno has already finished most of his arm burguer and realizes he probably will miss this taste of the dish if he stops being dismembered. Well, he is no supersoldier, nor are the rest of the recruits "So there'll always be more of this. I just wonder if it is only this good because the meat is young."

"I will trust your opinion and get the MkIII. The extra mobility will certainly come to use, and I can always use the weapons of the other idiots that die by my side, aside from, of course, entering powered-armor melee battle. Which, while stupid, is better than nothing." He said while grinning.

After finishing the transaction, Milno looks for someone to spar and practice a little just for fun while eating his arm burguer (which will probably get him no one  :()

Contact Steve
"Hey Steve. Do we have a place where I can practice some fighting?"

((Also, how much time are you waiting for people? I hope you send them with less soldiers anyway :D
I also would like to point out how funny the discrepancy between the MkII wearing "veteran" bastards and the MkI guys will be.))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:18:19 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1256