Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809290 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2 starting soon. Enlist now!
« Reply #600 on: April 14, 2012, 05:16:06 pm »

Jim takes Milno up on sparring. "Sure, I'll fight you. It'll be good practice."

(:3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #601 on: April 14, 2012, 05:26:51 pm »

((Well. Since SeriousConcentrate is trying to cheat my cannibal system, I won't let Jim anywhere near my tokens. I'm spending all of them.))
Milno has already finished most of his arm burguer and realizes he probably will miss this taste of the dish if he stops being dismembered. Well, he is no supersoldier, nor are the rest of the recruits "So there'll always be more of this. I just wonder if it is only this good because the meat is young."

"I will trust your opinion and get the MkIII. The extra mobility will certainly come to use, and I can always use the weapons of the other idiots that die by my side, aside from, of course, entering powered-armor melee battle. Which, while stupid, is better than nothing." He said while grinning.

After finishing the transaction, Milno looks for someone to spar and practice a little just for fun while eating his arm burguer (which will probably get him no one  :()

Contact Steve
"Hey Steve. Do we have a place where I can practice some fighting?"

((Also, how much time are you waiting for people? I hope you send them with less soldiers anyway :D
I also would like to point out how funny the discrepancy between the MkII wearing "veteran" bastards and the MkI guys will be.))

You dump all your tokens into a MK III suit and smile as the Armory master retrieves it from the back. The suit itself is held in a coffin like black box atop a hover cart."I'll let you choose if you want to try it out or put it in the docking bay. Just try not to smear yourself across the ceiling."

"Hey Steve." You shout to the ship in general "Do we have a place where I can practice some fighting?"

>There's a ring set up in the Rec/Mess hall. Just try not to spill too much blood or organs, otherwise the maintenance guys may get angry.

You smile and walk to the Rec Hall, where you find Jim carefully flexing and getting accustom to his new body.

"Hey Jim, Wanna Wrastle?"

"Sure." Jim replies in a harsh, metallic voice. "It will give me a chance to get used to this. You gonna use that new suit of yours?" He points at the Box hovering behind you.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 14, 2012, 05:37:28 pm »

Milno smiles back and fixes his narrow hair braid.

"I will try without it first, just to see how bad I'll fare against a tin man."

((Yay, entertainment while the volunteers do not appear.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #603 on: April 14, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Milno smiles back and fixes his narrow hair braid.

"I will try without it first, just to see how bad I'll fare against a tin man."

((Yay, entertainment while the volunteers do not appear.))

You both enter the ring and square off a few feet apart, waiting for the other to make the first move. You bounce lightly on your feet while Jim remains inhumanly still, his faceless visage revealing nothing but a glowing ">: D"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2012, 05:41:50 pm »

"Let's do this." Jim entered the ring and settled his shoulders and hips into a ready stance, keeping his hands up and open, waiting for the first blow. He knew a little judo, kickboxing, and wrestling from before, but that got him wondering... could he have combat programs installed into this body to give him new knowledge and capabilities? It would be pretty useful to have a ton of medical texts and techniques on hand in the field.

(If no one volunteers by tomorrow I might have to ask if I can send Jim right back out there. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2012, 05:48:45 pm »

Milno readies himself.

"Try to restrict the spar to wrestling skills"
He says, smiling, before making a quick dash to take down Jim by the hip.

((Changes pointed on the sheet. Skills and stuff plus my arm loss.))

Spoiler: Milno Enedrasi (click to show/hide)

Edit: Oops, lacking two Skill Points to distribute. Question: How do Auxiliary Systems help with the use of suits and other things which would not be so obviously affected? I'm in doubt between putting those two points either in Unconv. or Aux.
Edit2: Ok, sheet edited with the two skill points and a small addition to the appearance part (arm description).
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:10:10 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #606 on: April 14, 2012, 05:56:26 pm »

"Let's do this." Jim entered the ring and settled his shoulders and hips into a ready stance, keeping his hands up and open, waiting for the first blow. He knew a little judo, kickboxing, and wrestling from before, but that got him wondering... could he have combat programs installed into this body to give him new knowledge and capabilities? It would be pretty useful to have a ton of medical texts and techniques on hand in the field.

(If no one volunteers by tomorrow I might have to ask if I can send Jim right back out there. XD)
You don't have any right now, but you could get some installed if you wanted to ask the Research department to make them. Something that would highlight weak areas or suggest movements, for instance. You can't just program things into your brain like the matrix, but installing programs that add more info to your display is perfectly fine.

Milno readies himself.

Edit: Oops, lacking two Skill Points to distribute. Question: How do Auxiliary Systems help with the use of suits and other things which would not be so obviously affected? I'm in doubt between putting those two points either in Unconv. or Aux.
For the suits it would be something like using the rocket pods or any of their built in systems. Only really effects the MK III and above suits.

Also, we're gonna do this in turns where both you and Jim have to respond before I do the turn.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 14, 2012, 06:12:38 pm »

Also, we're gonna do this in turns where both you and Jim have to respond before I do the turn.
((I thought he had chosen to wait for my attack to retaliate. Jim's face is making me remember Zero from Borderlands 2.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #608 on: April 14, 2012, 06:17:41 pm »

((I thought he had chosen to wait for my attack to retaliate. Jim's face is making me remember Zero from Borderlands 2.))
Yeah, You're attacking and he has to choose how to retaliate. I want to give him the chance to chose how he fights back, otherwise I'm fighting for him to a degree.

And you don't want me fighting for him ;D.

Also yeah, thats a pretty accurate image of how I imagine Jim's face plate emoticon thing. Didn't know other people did it first. Woe to my supposed originality  :P
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:22:11 pm by piecewise »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 14, 2012, 06:20:49 pm »

And you don't want me fighting for him ;D.
((Nope, you play dirty.))

Edit: Nah, your originality is just fine. It is just that other people had the same idea as you many months ago. That does not change the fact that it is a pretty interesting idea.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:26:49 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 14, 2012, 06:23:10 pm »

(Hmm, counters for hip tosses... I'll just write my action as if it succeeds, even though it's up the dice. ^^^)

Jim put his right leg between Milno's to stop the throw, then wrapped his arms around the younger man's neck and cranked it down into a side headlock.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #611 on: April 14, 2012, 06:46:23 pm »

Milno readies himself.

Edit2: Ok, sheet edited with the two skill points and a small addition to the appearance part (arm description).

(Hmm, counters for hip tosses... I'll just write my action as if it succeeds, even though it's up the dice. ^^^)

Jim put his right leg between Milno's to stop the throw, then wrapped his arms around the younger man's neck and cranked it down into a side headlock.
Milno Dex roll: 5
Jim Dex roll: 2

Milno rushes forward, dodging easily through Jim's uncoordinated flailing, and catches jim by the right hip. With a grunt milno jams his shoulder forward and tries to take Jim to the ground.
Milno strength roll:1
Jim Strength roll: 3

Jim stumbles for only an instant before regaining his footing and bringing his powerful mechanical hands down to wrap around Milno's neck.
Milno Dex roll:4
Jim Dex roll:6

Milno releases Jim's leg and attempts to dodge out of the way, managing to avoid being caught but taking the brunt of Jim's grasping, open handed strike straight to his right shoulder.
Milno Endurance roll:5
Milno rolls with the blow and is back on his feet in an instant, smiling.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 14, 2012, 06:53:31 pm »

Milno smiles.

"Good going."

Dash and swing my left arm (safer than my flesh one) to catch Jim's robot neck (or something equal to it), grasp it and throw him to the ground and lock his arms if possible. Depending on his action, try a suplex.

((Ow, endurance rolls. Jim won't suffer from these anymore.))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 07:07:20 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #613 on: April 14, 2012, 07:06:07 pm »

Milno smiles.

"Good going."

Dash and swing my left arm (safer than my flesh one) to catch Jim's robot neck (or something equal to it), grasp it and throw him to the ground.

((Ow, endurance rolls. Jim won't suffer from these anymore.))
Yeah, he won't get any pluses to rolls, he just won't take as much damage and will be much harder to stop. Plus after a couple of rounds of combat you're gonna start to get tired and get negatives  to rolls, but jim won't. Better pin him  fast.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 14, 2012, 07:08:01 pm »

A lariat... nice idea, but you should really try it on someone you're powerful enough to bring down. Jim responded by stopping Milno's charge with a punch to the stomach, then spun in place once and went for a discus lariat of his own to knock his opponent down.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 1256