Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 2656792 times)

TCM

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1080 on: April 19, 2012, 06:50:24 am »

"Good enough." He swipes the video, winks at the Armory Master, and goes back to the Recreation center to play the video.
Logged
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

zomara0292

  • Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1081 on: April 19, 2012, 08:40:12 am »

Following one line of logic.Moving statue= Bad
Bad= pain
pain= fear
fear= run away
Sneak away from moving statue. Quickly and silently. Preferably without it noticing I am there, and me being far enough that I can see what it is doing if I need to. Do not turn my back to it and keep my hand on my sword. The sword will protect me if it tries to hurt me.

Logged
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1082 on: April 19, 2012, 11:00:22 am »

"Sure. Just let me finish what I'm doing here and we can spar again," Jim said agreeably, clicking on the > 99 ways to get a girl link and downloading it. "Be right back, you go ahead and get ready." He headed back to the scientists to get this stuff installed.
((You keep assuming these are all programs, some are just articles.))

>99 ways to get a girl
1. Flowers
...
17. Buy a slave and paint "I'm a slave to your love" on him. Present him to the girl.
...
34. Show your virility by eat a whole brick.
...
57.Chloroform
...
87. Alcohol
...
92. Begging like some sort of whiny idiot.
...
99. More Chloroform.

You head back to the lab and get Neural Stim Pro installed. Again, the scientist is gone before you even turn around. Weird.

Feyri stood up from her bed and took a deep breath. If this would be permitted, she had a lot of stress to put down.

After hearing Steve's announcement over the local intercom, and against her good wish, she regretted spending her last token on her weapons. But at least this gave her time to study on them to know their finer mechanics and details.

Nothing like being the mercenary she once was.


Get to the Armory, inquire about requisitioning a personal field diary. One that accepts personal encryption.

A new life.


Edit: Just finished reading the last eight pages.

... His emoticon remains :3 until further notice.

^^

Edit II: As of this post, I'm very muchly glad that nobody is min-maxing their characters, leading to good development/fun for every player!

I love Bay12.
You go to the armory and ask for something to keep a diary with, something personal. The armory master digs a data pad out of behind her desk and slides it to you. "It's got a password and encryption."

"Good enough." He swipes the video, winks at the Armory Master, and goes back to the Recreation center to play the video.

You head back to the Rec center and slip the thumbnail sized data card into the tv. The video is of a group of lionesses doing...lion things...while the gentle, grandfatherly voice of an elderly man narrates.

Following one line of logic.Moving statue= Bad
Bad= pain
pain= fear
fear= run away
Sneak away from moving statue. Quickly and silently. Preferably without it noticing I am there, and me being far enough that I can see what it is doing if I need to. Do not turn my back to it and keep my hand on my sword. The sword will protect me if it tries to hurt me.


You immediately turn around and bid a hasty retreat back to where you were before, near the clearings. Nothing tears your spine out as you do so, so everything is going better then expected.

Scelly9

  • Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1083 on: April 19, 2012, 11:03:02 am »

"So, how did you guys get here?"
Logged
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1084 on: April 19, 2012, 11:04:58 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Respond to Armory Master: "Can I reset the whole thing for my own use? Will it be monitored by anyone else without my knowledge?

Can it withstand field duty? Can it be used indefinitely? Does this cost me anything?

What is the password?"
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1085 on: April 19, 2012, 11:16:17 am »

"So, how did you guys get here?"
Even as you ask your question the horde of men charges toward you. There looks to be 6 of them, 4 unarmed, 1 with a monoatomic razor and one with a laser rifle.

"ASCEND TO THE STARS!" The lead man screams.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Respond to Armory Master: "Can I reset the whole thing for my own use? Will it be monitored by anyone else without my knowledge?

Can it withstand field duty? Can it be used indefinitely? Does this cost me anything?

What is the password?"

"Yes, No -except maybe steve but nothing you can do about that, yes, yes and no. It's blank right now, you set the password.

Scelly9

  • Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1086 on: April 19, 2012, 11:17:57 am »

Begin walking backward quickly, firing at them with the rifle. Aim for the one with the rifle first then the one with the razor/

Radio to comrades

"I could use a bit of help over here!"
Logged
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1087 on: April 19, 2012, 11:25:18 am »

Feyri took the object and thanked the Armory Master profusely before going back to her Quarters.

She then examines her bedroom.

"First thing I've seen here that is actually free! But...Steve would be watching this." she said with a  :-\ expression. "Bah, employers. Though I doubt his attitude, I'm sure he can confide most of the things I'll say here."

With that, she goes off into an indeterminable amount of time lying on her bed and examining the room, while thinking about the mission below.
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1088 on: April 19, 2012, 11:37:08 am »

((Feyri would do good in remember Steve is like the Big Brother. He is watching you eat, sleep, take your showers, produce highly artistical brown statues of fecal matter inside the bathroom, etc.))

Edit: Fixed to add an euphemism.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 11:52:30 am by Caellath »
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1089 on: April 19, 2012, 11:40:20 am »

((Feyri would do good in remember Steve is like the Big Brother. He is watching you eat, sleep, take your showers, talk with the porcelain God through your butt, etc.))
IC, sir. IC  :P . There is a big gap between what I know, what Tiruin knows, and what Feyri knows. These gaps create a whole expanse of impasses that would serve as a trench system. For Ideological War, mostly.

Helps when you monologue.
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1090 on: April 19, 2012, 11:52:22 am »

Begin walking backward quickly, firing at them with the rifle. Aim for the one with the rifle first then the one with the razor/

Radio to comrades

"I could use a bit of help over here!"
[Con wep roll:1+1] You brace the Gauss rifle on your shoulder and fire a round toward the man with the laser rifle. The recoil makes you stumble backwards as you continue to retreat, but you miss the shot. They're close now and drawing closer by the second. The man with the razor is advancing in the front, already swinging the buzzing thing around in a wild fashion.

Feyri took the object and thanked the Armory Master profusely before going back to her Quarters.

She then examines her bedroom.

"First thing I've seen here that is actually free! But...Steve would be watching this." she said with a  :-\ expression. "Bah, employers. Though I doubt his attitude, I'm sure he can confide most of the things I'll say here."

With that, she goes off into an indeterminable amount of time lying on her bed and examining the room, while thinking about the mission below.
You thank the armory master and head back to the barracks. Your "Bedroom" is one of dozens of folding bunks attached to the wall of the barracks room. It's about large enough for one and a half people, but will comfortably fit 2 if one is on top of the other, as the joke goes. You lay down in your bunk and look absentmindedly around the room. Beyond the bunks and the stasis tubes at the back, the room is very bare. There are the occasional piles of personal objects or clothing but it's overwhelmingly empty otherwise.

Tiruin

  • Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1091 on: April 19, 2012, 11:54:57 am »

((Well, I had to hope to see personal space, even though I did know about the whole 'Barracks'...))

Shift my bed to one of the upper ones, preferably any bed near 2 corners of walls, or near any port window.

Begin coding my Diary and ignoring everyone else. Unless it is important. Look busy.
Logged
Even though accounts vary, everyone has a legendary story to tell.

The Writer's Apprenticeship - A thread dedicated to literary art!

Tales of Shattered Dreams - My RTD, a continuous work in progress.

Scelly9

  • Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Dear Dairy, I love a robot man.
« Reply #1092 on: April 19, 2012, 11:56:12 am »

"Fuck this"

Draw pistol, fire a ten second, slicing across the figures. Try and get the razor guy and the rifle guy especially.

Radio: "I said, HELP"
Logged
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

zomara0292

  • Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Dear Dairy, I love a robot man.
« Reply #1093 on: April 19, 2012, 12:17:00 pm »

Guessing that faith is the closest person to me, even though I dont know where she is. . . . . .
Move here and try to calm down. . . . . . using my crackers. Then look around for anything that looks familiar.
Spoiler: here (click to show/hide)
Logged
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: 20% survival rate.
« Reply #1094 on: April 19, 2012, 12:35:06 pm »

((Well, I had to hope to see personal space, even though I did know about the whole 'Barracks'...))

Shift my bed to one of the upper ones, preferably any bed near 2 corners of walls, or near any port window.

Begin coding my Diary and ignoring everyone else. Unless it is important. Look busy.

You think about moving bunks and then realize that the bunks were chosen and claimed by other people, so attempting to take one might end in an argument or worse. You could do it but you'd probably tick off the person whose bunk it is.

>Input password.

"Fuck this"

Draw pistol, fire a ten second, slicing across the figures. Try and get the razor guy and the rifle guy especially.

Radio: "I said, HELP"

You quickly sling your rifle over your shoulder and raise your hand in a gun shape, the hand laser glove powering on as you do. [con wep roll: 6+1] You aim for chest height and sweep the beam across the crowd, stopping for a few seconds on the rifleman and the razor wielding man in particular. The beam leaves a molten red line where it slices across their suits. The rifle man, his suit venting pressure, crumbles as blood pours from the gaping gash carved in his chest. The Razor wielding man manages a few more steps with the contents of his abdomen spilling out and, with his last effort, hurls the razor at you. [Dex roll: 6] You hurl yourself out of the way, rolling awkwardly and finally coming to a rest on your back. The rest of the horde, the laser fire apparently not powerful enough to breach their suits, continues to charge. The first one is already on you.
[Ivan dex roll:6]
[Hostile man dex roll:1]
The man grabs at you misses as you hurl yourself away in a half roll, half leap. You land on your back a half dozen feet away, free but in no better of a position then you started.

Guessing that faith is the closest person to me, even though I dont know where she is. . . . . .
Move here and try to calm down. . . . . . using my crackers. Then look around for anything that looks familiar.
Spoiler: here (click to show/hide)
You scurry farther north, still staying as far from the very angry looking statue man and his temple as possible. After you think you've made it far enough and your vision begins to stabilize you sit down and pull out your crackers. You take one from the box and try to eat it, but end up just smashing it against your faceplate. You feel like you're gonna cry.  After you compose yourself a bit you look around. To the north north west you can see Ivan and a group of people standing in a clearing. They don't seem to be doing much of anything but...two of them just fell down. Strange.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 1256