Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832226 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1485 on: April 23, 2012, 02:26:28 pm »

Question Steve what is the state of nano robotics at the current time.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 23, 2012, 04:19:58 pm »

"Looks like he took both."
No rush, I'll wait.
Patiently wait ouside the armory for the two videos to be returned, ask for those again (from the armory master), then go to rec room and watch through the three of them. Then return them to the armory master and go back to the rec/mess hall.

Hmmm... Steve, I just got an idea. I am equipped with those neural implants too, right? That's good, for it can come really handy if something goes too wrong - so, that's the question: is it possible to rig up a switch or something like that in my suit so that if I understand something gets terribly wrong with my loyalty, personality or if I feel like having a frakkin' shock, just to snap back to the reality, I could use it?
If you have any doubts that I'd use it for... recreational means, then you can look through my dossier - it is quit comprehensible - and see that I prefer quite different ways to relax. Namely, to sleep.
Oh, and if there's only one setting - 'fry alive' - that could be useful too. One can hardly foresee how much damage can come out of the abominable xenos quitely brainwashing you.

Her drumming doesn't seem to have any rhythm, just one finger down after the other.
((No luck, Casanova.))
((Nah, I just like music ;- ) ))

((Also, is it yet possible to make some little changes to the character sheet? I mean, have not been on  a mission, not even had a roll yet (as far as I know, at least).It's just that it looks I misunderstood my character a bit (for to label his profession as 'mercenary', it seems, is to stretch the idea too thin) - well, not too much of a problem really, so it's okay if that is, quite understandably, not allowed))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 23, 2012, 04:35:14 pm »

Continue research on "avatars" and "synth-flesh".

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 23, 2012, 04:45:48 pm »

Select "Pray."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1489 on: April 23, 2012, 05:21:10 pm »

Her drumming doesn't seem to have any rhythm, just one finger down after the other.
((No luck, Casanova.))

Milno goes back to the armory to return the videos. And ask for the one on cars.

He also realizes there are a lot more deadmen walking around, some of them trying to be mad inventors and others simply complaining and walking around like retarded lemmings anxiously waiting to jump off the slippery ledge. Maybe those had their stasis lifted so they could serve as meat shields.

You head back to the armory and turn in the videos.

"One on cars, please."

"Didn't figure you for the historical type." the armory master says as she hands you another card.

Charro 'Hm'ed quietly at the sight, raising an eyebrow. 'I didn't realise we were even allowed to hang on to our equipment between missions?' He thought, silently this time. 'Doesn't really seem to fit the HMRC business model, although then again I'm certain they could squish us like bugs if anyone was really mad enough to try anything.'

He followed him down towards the armoury, his decision evidently made for him. If he could get some advice from someone who had actually survived a mission that'd be handy, and if he could befriend the guy, hey, someone that heavily-armoured would be great for hiding behind... And of course he could do the practical thing and see what guns were on offer at the armoury.
>Follow Milno to armoury, introduce self, instigate ingratiation procedure.
>Also, ask the fine-lookin' Armoury Master just what sort of equipment is supplied. Avoid pissing her off, avoid hitting on her and most definitely avoid any remarks about her being 'well-equipped'.

To the psychopath with the honey-badger armour: "Hey, I'm guessing you're one of our veteran's, right? Well, looks like I'll be fighting and dying alongside you pretty soon, lucky me. God bless the UWM! The name's Charro Hootzal. I don't know how long I've been in stasis, but I'd hardly be surprised if the name doesn't mean much anymore."

((Woo! I'm a lemming with (at least some) self-preservation instincts! :P))
You follow Milno to the armory and do your best to be his friend before turning to the armory master.
"So um, what equipment will we get?"
She raps one of her knuckles on a board behind her that displays all the equipment.
"You get a Mk I suit for free. Other then that, you buy everything with tokens."

Question Steve what is the state of nano robotics at the current time.
>The state of nanorobotics is currently that they exist but that they're limited in their uses. They're partially how Synth-flesh is made but as far as the "nanorobots" you're thinking of, ones that can basically make anything, sorry, this isn't the Enterprise. Oh, thats probably a few dozen centuries before your time. We don't have em.

"Looks like he took both."
No rush, I'll wait.
Patiently wait ouside the armory for the two videos to be returned, ask for those again (from the armory master), then go to rec room and watch through the three of them. Then return them to the armory master and go back to the rec/mess hall.

Hmmm... Steve, I just got an idea. I am equipped with those neural implants too, right? That's good, for it can come really handy if something goes too wrong - so, that's the question: is it possible to rig up a switch or something like that in my suit so that if I understand something gets terribly wrong with my loyalty, personality or if I feel like having a frakkin' shock, just to snap back to the reality, I could use it?
If you have any doubts that I'd use it for... recreational means, then you can look through my dossier - it is quit comprehensible - and see that I prefer quite different ways to relax. Namely, to sleep.
Oh, and if there's only one setting - 'fry alive' - that could be useful too. One can hardly foresee how much damage can come out of the abominable xenos quitely brainwashing you.

((No luck, Casanova.))
((Nah, I just like music ;- ) ))

((Also, is it yet possible to make some little changes to the character sheet? I mean, have not been on  a mission, not even had a roll yet (as far as I know, at least).It's just that it looks I misunderstood my character a bit (for to label his profession as 'mercenary', it seems, is to stretch the idea too thin) - well, not too much of a problem really, so it's okay if that is, quite understandably, not allowed))
(yeah, you can change it.)

You ask for the two movies Milno just turned in and then head to the rec room and begin a marathon. You watch through the movies on weapons first and then move on to the history one.
(+1 to rolls when modifying or repairing weapons)
(learn secrets of weapons by examining them and passing an intelligence roll)

The history video is pretty short, just a basic overview in the style of a propaganda film extolling the virtues of the current system. Apperently the UWM is a Confederacy made up of planets each with their own independent governments, each planet ruled by one or more magistars. It came into existence about 800 years ago as a response to the treat of The Altered, who were engaging in a campaign of forced mutation and genocide across dozens of systems. It began as a military council to coordinate attacks and remained in power ever since, slowly evolving into its current form. Informative.

>I could care less if you relax by electrocuting yourself. There's a reason the armory is stocked with recreational drugs, it's because people want it and I don't care. As per a switch to electrocute yourself with...sure, why not. Ask the Doc, he'll install something for you.

Continue research on "avatars" and "synth-flesh".
>Avatar of War
Considered the ultimate single man combat platform for ground combat. A Synth-flesh creature designed to interface with the pilot via direct nervous system input. Usually equipped with a coilgun, tesla sabre and Gravity amp. Often used by high level military officials or war heroes too injured to continue fighting otherwise. Mixed amongst the praise are rumors of "feedback" events and "Contamination", as well as reports of pilots disengaging control mechanisms purposefully in order to gain what is referred to as "the unbridled strength of the avatar's true form."

>Synth-flesh
An expensive and very advanced from of artificial flesh grown using advanced carbon based metamaterials. Considered to be pseudo organic, the middle ground between machine and organic tissue, it has the benefits of both with few of the downsides. Capable of regenerating itself completely in the right conditions. Uses a coding mechanism similar to DNA that allows for builders to manipulate it and even go so far as to create new forms of "life" with it. All forms of life produced so far have been, in their natural state, little more then violent and unpredictable animals. They display no centralized brain tissue, instead having their primitive minds spread through out the body, replacing the nervous system in with direct neural input.

The exact origins of Synth-flesh are apparently still unknown, coming into existence a short time before the Altered wars. 

Select "Pray."
Select location
>Jungle
>Urban
>Desert
>Plains
>Mountain
>Arctic

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1490 on: April 23, 2012, 05:27:12 pm »

Go to the armory master and pick up a documentary on cutting edge technology especially fields and watch them all and take notes

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 23, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »

"Ok, well, I think that's enough for today."
Turn off the computer, wander aimlessly until something interesting happens. (read: until the next mission)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 23, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »

Exit Meditation

Head back to Barracks

Enjoy softness of own Bunk.

Lie down with body facing upwards.

Begin draft in own Diary.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 23, 2012, 06:21:43 pm »

"Well, I've already skewered your friend. I guess insect Shish-kabobs would be more appetizing then blob of flesh." Thomas says, firing the coil gun again. When it gets into melee range, start stabbing it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 23, 2012, 07:11:49 pm »

Choose the Urban Setting.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1495 on: April 23, 2012, 07:58:26 pm »

Go to the armory master and pick up a documentary on cutting edge technology especially fields and watch them all and take notes
You head to the armory master.

"Do you have anything about cutting edge technology? Something about field manipulators?"

"Hate to tell ya,those aren't cutting edge. They're almost a millennium old. And they're still black boxes. I got a few videos here, but nothing that will tell ya much."

Choose the Urban Setting.
You select the Urban setting

Select difficulty
>Action Movie
>Realistic
>Hardcore

"Ok, well, I think that's enough for today."
Turn off the computer, wander aimlessly until something interesting happens. (read: until the next mission)
You log off the computer, stretch your legs and then begin wandering around, waiting for something interesting to happen.

Exit Meditation

Head back to Barracks

Enjoy softness of own Bunk.

Lie down with body facing upwards.

Begin draft in own Diary.

You get off the table and head back to your bunk, flopping down and trying to enjoy the relative softness of it. It's softer then concrete at least. You pull out your data pad and start writing.

"Well, I've already skewered your friend. I guess insect Shish-kabobs would be more appetizing then blob of flesh." Thomas says, firing the coil gun again. When it gets into melee range, start stabbing it.
The giant charges across the battlefield, three massive arms and talon tipped fingers swinging like uprooted trees. You aim the coil gun and fire.[4+2]The salvo of shots tears into giant's massive pectorals, and it stumbles as it charges, becoming an out of control battering ram heading straight for you. [Dex roll:2+2] You step to the side as it passes you, still trying to regain it's balance. You activate the tesla sabre as it goes, taking a passing swing at it. [Uncon wep:1+1] You miss the swing. The creature rights it self several yards from you and turns, ready to charge again.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 23, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »

"Hah! Torro! Torro!" Thomas shouted, elated. He ran at the beast, jumping on it if it lowers it's head, stabbing it in the chest if it didn't lower it's head.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #1497 on: April 23, 2012, 08:02:48 pm »

Please tell me society hasn't stagnated, but enough of that give me a data tablet with all technological advances since the space age

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 23, 2012, 08:12:18 pm »

To the psychopath with the honey-badger armour: "Hey, I'm guessing you're one of our veteran's, right? Well, looks like I'll be fighting and dying alongside you pretty soon, lucky me. God bless the UWM! The name's Charro Hootzal. I don't know how long I've been in stasis, but I'd hardly be surprised if the name doesn't mean much anymore."
Milno kept walking towards the rec room. Although the armory master had mistaken him for someone interested in history, cars took much more time to disappear from his shitty backwater world than from most planets of the galaxy. It was less about history and more about finding something to watch while trying to avoid general stupidity.
"If being a veteran means surviving only one of the 'easy' missions, in which 11 out of 30 survived compared to the usual 20% survival rate, then yes, I am a veteran. And if you think I'll pet your head and let you cling to my back so you can use me as your personal shield, you are terribly wrong."

Watch the video.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 08:23:58 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 23, 2012, 08:40:37 pm »

Select the Action Movie setting.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 1256