Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830507 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Ivan: "F***ING HELP"
« Reply #1575 on: April 26, 2012, 01:28:30 am »

>Alright b-team, looks like a-team is either dead or incompetent. Perhaps both. Either way, you're going in. Now your mission is simple: do what they could or would not do. If you want to gather up whats left of them, fine. If you want to shoot them for cowardice or stupidity, also fine. This is not a rescue mission, your objective is the same as theirs was.

Oh, and one more thing. We can't be sending anymore lemmings in after you, but we also can't afford for that thing to continue to exist as an unknown, so I'm sending a backup plan with you. An incentive to finish your mission. Specifically, an explosive device of frankly irresponsible magnitude. It has a 5 hour timer on it. That timer will start when you enter the anomaly and lose contact with me. It will continue to count down till either it reestablishes contact with me or detonates.

No one is coming for you. Complete the mission in the time limit or you all die. For good.

Have fun.

With that you all head to the shuttle and pile in, strapping yourselves in. You can't help but notice the massive barrel shaped thing with a conspicuous red l.e.d. timer.  For a while nothing happens, everything is quiet. Then there is a sharp drop and a sudden deceleration as the shuttle lands. The bomb beeps  and then the timer shows 4:59:59. You and your teammates tramp out of the shuttle and onto the grasslands beyond. About 50 feet away is the first shuttle, with mason and faith, along with two other men and what looks like a head and an arm sitting around beside it.

((My god, I am having the shittiest day ever... I have a horrible exam that I have studied furiously for, only to have the damn thing ask about like half of the things I studied for and I had to do math without a calculator, my robot assignment is not even following a goddamn line let alone map out a maze, I have a ai assignment due tomorrow for which I still don't know where the hell some of the required files I have to hand in actually are in the shitty program I have to work with, my parents are most likely going to scream at me AGAIN for the exam, and to top it off I have to miss out on the mission because I got beaten by some dude dicking around in a end game suit while I was in said exam and in game I was doing something USEFUL by making and testing new weapons.

*panting*

*flips desk*

Sorry about that, I had to let off some steam. Have fun while I keep making new gear and break someone.))
Tell ya what, I'll make sure you're on the next one. You'll get to cut people in half soon enough, my friend. Heh, till then, you can always challenge some other player in "duel" and hack him to pieces for fun :P

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: April 26, 2012, 01:35:37 am »

((When there's SCIENCE to be done, I exclude noone. NOONE. Also, thanks dude. Can't wait to test this sucker out... Maybe I can scavenge parts from that gauss rifle...)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: April 26, 2012, 01:39:07 am »

(Bad luck, Zako.  Hope you can make the next one.)

Mesk took a second to look around, regretting the absence of Charro and wondering why he was taking orders from a disembodied green voice.  He turned to his teammates.
"Ok guys, five hours should be plenty of time to do... whatever it is we're... oh fuck, is that a torso?"
Rush up to the remains of the previous team.  Check the survivors for injuries, applying anticoagulant if needed, saving the painkiller for myself.
"Ok, uh, previous people.  What have you found?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: April 26, 2012, 01:41:40 am »

Faith gave an audible sigh of relief at seeing the other shuttle.

"Oh thank God. You guys are the next team? Listen, this place is a nightmare. Like, literally, it creates horrible hallucinations. Something else is out there too, though, because... well, something's been killing several people, like this head and arm here. The rest weren't even salvageable.

I don't really know any more than that, other than that the illusions start around the anomalies the insane computer told us about and you can snap out of them if you really try. Oh, and there's... some kind of temple as the main anomaly. Three exits, some kind of statue, I certainly wasn't going in there. Not alone or with just us, at least.

Oh and there's Zen gardens to the north. I didn't want to mess with them and then ran away to stop hallucinating. Another guy didn't, but I haven't seen him since, soooo..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1579 on: April 26, 2012, 02:00:03 am »

(Bad luck, Zako.  Hope you can make the next one.)

Mesk took a second to look around, regretting the absence of Charro and wondering why he was taking orders from a disembodied green voice.  He turned to his teammates.
"Ok guys, five hours should be plenty of time to do... whatever it is we're... oh fuck, is that a torso?"
Rush up to the remains of the previous team.  Check the survivors for injuries, applying anticoagulant if needed, saving the painkiller for myself.
"Ok, uh, previous people.  What have you found?"
[med:3+1] You look over the survivors. They all look alright...well, except for the severed arm and head. You scoop up the head and arm and bits part of chest and carry them to the shuttle, placing them in a stasis pod. That should keep them...uh...fresh. Ahem. You walk back out and join your team again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: April 26, 2012, 06:46:18 am »

Milno grinned as he leaped out of the shuttle. ♪It was time~♫.

"More hallucinations? It seems these aliens just can't give up on messing with minds. So, where is Ivan? Did he shoot someone who could return fire this time?"
Milno checks the weapons piled by the two survivors (I think there must be at least a monoatomic razor, laser rifle and Ivan's gauss rifle). He takes the gauss rifle and the laser rifle.

((Also, GM, could you allow Feyri/Tiruin to retroactively give me that Sabre? I wanted to try cutting things in half with a sword made of lightning.))
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:13:04 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: April 26, 2012, 09:01:37 am »

Jim hopped out of the shuttle. "Eh... frankly, I think we should just leave the explosive device here and head back home. Screw all this 'hallucination' shit." He nodded to Faith, then checked the weapons pile, taking the monoatomic razor if there is one to take.

(Because I never got to use my last one. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: April 26, 2012, 10:38:01 am »

"Aye. So far, the hallucinations seem to be controlled by a form of sentient fungus creature that cloaks itself, in my case as a monk-like old man holding a very strange giant seed, which turned out to be a <insert proper name of field inhibitor mass deregulator kinetic whatchamajiger here, as I can't remember it for the life of me, and I'm just doing a quick 30 second post before I run out to work>. Ivan is missing and presumed violently dismembered, as are the rest of our crew and the formerly stranded crews. Twice, first the old man with the seed and then an odd machine, we've discovered something out of place that turned out to be a fugus being holding one of those illusion generators. There have been strange reports, like a quasi-religious cult nearly killing one of our men, regions that collapse into themselves forcing you to walk in circles until you break the cause of the disruption, and horrifying screams in the direction of the Temple. Not to mention the severed limbs and corpses... All in all, its just another stroll in the park, as far as your mind is concerned. In reality, I say keep your eyes sharp and your mind alert. Nothing is as it seems here, soldiers. (in the TWILIGHT ZONE. DANAAAAAAAAAAA- Omit that last part)

I took out one objective and someone took out a second. I'm not sure if the 3rd secondary objective was completed, but you can't get inside unless you go through the Temple... That's our target. There's no other way around it. Expect something very fast and very powerful, considering how all our men were torn to meaty shreds... Let's not lose any more men, shall we?"

Mason travels with the group, keeping guard and watching for suspicious activity or objects.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1583 on: April 26, 2012, 12:28:38 pm »

Milno grinned as he leaped out of the shuttle. ♪It was time~♫.

"More hallucinations? It seems these aliens just can't give up on messing with minds. So, where is Ivan? Did he shoot someone who could return fire this time?"
Milno checks the weapons piled by the two survivors (I think there must be at least a monoatomic razor, laser rifle and Ivan's gauss rifle). He takes the gauss rifle and the laser rifle.

((Also, GM, could you allow Feyri/Tiruin to retroactively give me that Sabre? I wanted to try cutting things in half with a sword made of lightning.))
((I like how you all assume they're just going to give them to you heh.
And yeah, consider yourself now the hopefully temporary owner of the tesla sabre.))

((As per that "pile" of stuff, there's an Razor from victor, the Gauss rifle from Ivan, the kinetic amp from the Npc and thats it. That npc using the laser rifle wandered off into the temple, and the rest of ivan's weapons are still strapped to him. And Mason may have already claimed that Kinetic amp. ))

Mason hands you a Gauss rifle and the ammo counter on your HUD reads (7/10).

Jim hopped out of the shuttle. "Eh... frankly, I think we should just leave the explosive device here and head back home. Screw all this 'hallucination' shit." He nodded to Faith, then checked the weapons pile, taking the monoatomic razor if there is one to take.

(Because I never got to use my last one. :3)
Faith hands you the monoatomic razor she found with Victor's body.

"Aye. So far, the hallucinations seem to be controlled by a form of sentient fungus creature that cloaks itself, in my case as a monk-like old man holding a very strange giant seed, which turned out to be a <insert proper name of field inhibitor mass deregulator kinetic whatchamajiger here, as I can't remember it for the life of me, and I'm just doing a quick 30 second post before I run out to work>. Ivan is missing and presumed violently dismembered, as are the rest of our crew and the formerly stranded crews. Twice, first the old man with the seed and then an odd machine, we've discovered something out of place that turned out to be a fugus being holding one of those illusion generators. There have been strange reports, like a quasi-religious cult nearly killing one of our men, regions that collapse into themselves forcing you to walk in circles until you break the cause of the disruption, and horrifying screams in the direction of the Temple. Not to mention the severed limbs and corpses... All in all, its just another stroll in the park, as far as your mind is concerned. In reality, I say keep your eyes sharp and your mind alert. Nothing is as it seems here, soldiers. (in the TWILIGHT ZONE. DANAAAAAAAAAAA- Omit that last part)

I took out one objective and someone took out a second. I'm not sure if the 3rd secondary objective was completed, but you can't get inside unless you go through the Temple... That's our target. There's no other way around it. Expect something very fast and very powerful, considering how all our men were torn to meaty shreds... Let's not lose any more men, shall we?"

Mason travels with the group, keeping guard and watching for suspicious activity or objects.

You convey your current understanding of the situation to the b-team and make ready to move out with them.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: April 26, 2012, 12:35:11 pm »

"So... what are the odds the rest of the team ended up at a tea party, or some kind of eternal bliss?  It's gotta be more likely than having been torn apart despite the highly advanced technology- oh right, that torso.  Um, how about I tag along with one of you shooty types until I find a gun?  I got painkillers in it for you."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: April 26, 2012, 12:51:42 pm »

And yeah, consider yourself now the hopefully temporary owner of the tesla sabre.))
((They kinda have little to no choice. Also, thanks.))
((Is any PC lacking on weapon information? Milno does have a fair amount of technical knowledge at the moment he can share. Lemmings that shoot back are better than the ones who just rush into death, he believes.))

Milno checks the gauss rifle and holds it with his right hand, carrying the tesla sabre on his left (I suppose the suit strength allows for that kind of thing).
"If any of you happen to find a laser rifle, I can teach you how to change its setting in ways that might help you survive some extra seconds...Or maybe not."

"Well, off we go. The Bastards lost a member and another is inside the ship. Sincerely, we'll need to work on some recruiting next, favoring people who won't die on their first mission, of course, provided we survive this one."

He then activates the "buzz" mode, keeping himself some inches above the ground and starting to move towards the temple while keeping up with the rest of the group.
"Any giant robots or monsters we should be aware of before they suddenly appear and decide to feast on our flesh? I am not fond of surprises."

Just in case, he decides to activate the motion tracking system.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:58:51 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: April 26, 2012, 01:29:02 pm »

Mason turns to Milso and exclaims, "Like this laser rifle right here?", pointing to the laser rifle slung over his shoulder that Faith never claimed when it was offered to her. ((I think))
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: April 26, 2012, 01:40:49 pm »

Mason turns to Milso and exclaims, "Like this laser rifle right here?", pointing to the laser rifle slung over his shoulder that Faith never claimed when it was offered to her. ((I think))
"Yes, like that one."

Milno explains all the technical knowledge he has about the laser rifle. Mostly because it would be a pain to write all of it.

"If you happen to have no use for that rifle, you could give it to me or someone with more experience in that kind of weapon."

((If I remember correctly, Mason is a fleshtech and takes a negative modifier to conventional weapons.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1588 on: April 26, 2012, 01:45:00 pm »

((They kinda have little to no choice. Also, thanks.))
((Is any PC lacking on weapon information? Milno does have a fair amount of technical knowledge at the moment he can share. Lemmings that shoot back are better than the ones who just rush into death, he believes.))

Milno checks the gauss rifle and holds it with his right hand, carrying the tesla sabre on his left (I suppose the suit strength allows for that kind of thing).
"If any of you happen to find a laser rifle, I can teach you how to change its setting in ways that might help you survive some extra seconds...Or maybe not."

"Well, off we go. The Bastards lost a member and another is inside the ship. Sincerely, we'll need to work on some recruiting next, favoring people who won't die on their first mission, of course, provided we survive this one."

He then activates the "buzz" mode, keeping himself some inches above the ground and starting to move towards the temple while keeping up with the rest of the group.
"Any giant robots or monsters we should be aware of before they suddenly appear and decide to feast on our flesh? I am not fond of surprises."

Just in case, he decides to activate the motion tracking system.
((Keep in mind that Buzz mode will continuously drain the rockets. They'll last a good while, they're very efficient, but not forever.))
You tap the side of your helmet twice, the pressure sensitive plate registering the command, and the motion tracking system activates. Next you tongue a switch to activate the "keypad" on your visor, a small, clear keyboard pops into being before your eyes and you tap on the outside of your helmet in the places the corresponding places where the keys are on the inside. The "wing" rockets activate with a roar and you begin to hover a few inches from the ground. You wait for the others while slowly inching your way forward toward the temple, Mason and Mesk in tow.

As far as I remember and my papers say, you don't have one. The bodies by the temple didn't have one on them and Ivan still has his. Right now you have a microwave psych amp, a kinetic amp and a coagulant booster. If I'm wrong or forgot something, feel free to direct me to the right post, it's entirely possible something just went unrecorded.
"Yes, like that one."

Milno explains all the technical knowledge he has about the laser rifle. Mostly because it would be a pain to write all of it.

"If you happen to have no use for that rifle, you could give it to me or someone with more experience in that kind of weapon."

((If I remember correctly, Mason is a fleshtech and takes a negative modifier to conventional weapons.))
See above.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 26, 2012, 01:57:38 pm »

"Yes, like that one."

((Yeah, I'd give it away, but at the same time, I don't think my kinetic amp makes much of a good weapon... I'd like to experiment with new attack types, explore the possibility of being able to create new techniques to use it, like a kinetic forcefield or a shockwave of heat. I'd much rather fire at an enemy from up close after using my kinetics to fire a FUCKYOUMINDLASER from a distance.))
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1256