Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831647 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Less molestery. A lot less molestery.
« Reply #2325 on: May 07, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »

Milno decides to pick between flesh and mechanical later. For now he goes to the meeting, still covered in blood and grime. How charming.
"Keep my leg safe. I'll check the debriefing then I'll be back with my choice, ok?"

(...penis?)
((No, a little courage and acting more like a medic. If you read through the first mission, then you know Milno was bleeding to death while Faith was nonchalantly walking around.

Edit: Also, Faith likes little children in short pants, for your information.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:58:22 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: May 07, 2012, 10:03:10 pm »

((No, a little courage and acting more like a medic. If you read through the first mission, then you know Milno was bleeding to death while Faith was nonchalantly walking around.

(("A spine" I guessed, but who knew Milno just wanted someone to tenderly care for him when he's injured and vulnerable? :P

And I don't see how that's relevant to anything. >_>))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: May 07, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »

Thomas turns in the arm, then heads to the briefing room, to faff about with the others.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2328 on: May 07, 2012, 10:16:23 pm »

Thomas turns in the arm, then heads to the briefing room, to faff about with the others.
You give the severed arm to the armory master who hands you three tokens.

Milno decides to pick between flesh and mechanical later. For now he goes to the meeting, still covered in blood and grime. How charming.
"Keep my leg safe. I'll check the debriefing then I'll be back with my choice, ok?"

(...penis?)

You shrug and tell them to keep your leg on ice while to attend the debriefing. The doctor cocks his head slightly as you hop away.

(Oh, right, forgot about debriefing.)

Jim hands over the left arm and the pair of right arms with instructions to remove the kinetic amps. "I'll be back after debriefing." He headed to the briefing room and leaned on the wall, waiting for it to start.
You disarm yourself and, after being very specific about the whole "Cut the thingy out of the thingy" thing, you head to the briefing room to be debriefed.

Discover the square root of circle.
[Int:1] HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

"Faith, 23, female," she said, eyes darting uselessly around the dark.

"You fought against a person by the name of Erik in the previous mission. Just before his death he did something which caused an irregular spike in your vitals. What did he do and what effect did it have on you?"

Woops.

"Heading to Debrief, Nekarios, meet me in VR in a few. I've got an interesting scenario in mind."

RETCON: Mason exchanges the laser rifle, 2 scrapped kin-amps, and useable kinetic amp for tokens, asking the experts what they surmise from examining the Manipulator I found, and whether I can make use of it, including for parts during the vast amounts of tinkering he will be doing after the VR skirmish.

Mason then heads to debrief.

((Wait, list says I have a microwave amp. Is that different from, or the same as my Psychokinetic amp?))
((The Microwave amp is the psychokinetic amp. The full name is a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier.))

You hand in your extra weapons and the the armory master hands you 5 tokens in return. You go to ask the scientists about the Manipulator you got from the alien body but they snatch it from your hands before you can say anything and retreat back through the laboratory airlock.  You sigh and head to the debriefing room.

((I believe "psychokinetic" is the overarching term for "psychic powers."))
Pretty much. Psychokinetic amps are the Will answer to the intelligence driven Field manipulators, but in practice they do pretty much the same thing.

Head to the briefing room after dropping off my aforementioned stuff.
Sorry man, I totally missed the earlier post.

You turn in your artifacts and head to the briefing room.

>Ah, I believe thats everyone. Lets just load up the briefing shall we?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: May 07, 2012, 10:17:25 pm »

(("A spine" I guessed, but who knew Milno just wanted someone to tenderly care for him when he's injured and vulnerable? :P

And I don't see how that's relevant to anything. >_>))
(("A spine" was the term I was looking for, thank you very much.

Edit: I was pointing out the fact that Faith prefers children, according to her experience at the clearing.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:23:17 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: May 07, 2012, 10:27:00 pm »

"I... I don't... he just screamed 'hallelujah' again, like he'd been doing, and I... I guess I shivered? I don't know why, or what it did. I didn't think anything of it at the time."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: May 07, 2012, 10:37:16 pm »

"So when are we getting paid for the loot, Stevey?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: May 07, 2012, 10:43:33 pm »

Milno just crossed his remaining leg over the stump of his other one.
"Yes, we can start the debriefing."
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2333 on: May 07, 2012, 10:46:09 pm »

>Ok children, time for a history lesson. Around, oh, 1000 years ago, back before the Altered wars and when Hephaestus was just a young farming colony there was a church called "The church of the Free sky and the Shackling earth". They thought that mankind had evolved to a point that it should free itself from all constraints of terrestrial living and live a free life amongst the stars. Genetic manipulation being freely available at that point they went about this by creating what they called "Communes" giant living starships into which the members of a church would have their brains implanted before being shot off into space. Hephaestus was one of the major strongholds for the church until The altered wars and Hexbarax changed everything.

Judging from what you've brought back, I believe what you found in that anomaly was one of these Communes, the only one we've ever found after it launched. However, it didn't create that anomaly on it's own; I believe that some point in the last 1000 years it collided with a UWM starship and the  two were twisted and crushed together. The object you found in that clearing with the black stone was a UWM black box, though the data is degraded beyond use. The Commune, injured at that point, used the Field manipulators carried on board the starship to create itself cocoon of warped space time and probably ended up trapping itself within. How it is still steering in that state I'm not sure. We will have to analyze the Field manipulators more before we know, but it seems that they're running on a sort of math we don't understand. God knows where that mess of fused consciousnesses got it from or what they saw during their thousand years of wandering. Regardless, lets get on to the Tokens shall we? This is the number taking everything you turned in and your normal 5 for the next mission into account.

Victor:5+3 left over
Faith:5
Ivan:8
Mason:13
Milno:6 +1 left over
Jim:5
Elizas: 5+1 left over from last time
Mesk:8
Thomas: 6

Any questions?

"I... I don't... he just screamed 'hallelujah' again, like he'd been doing, and I... I guess I shivered? I don't know why, or what it did. I didn't think anything of it at the time."
"Have you experienced any sort of strange symptoms after that point? Hallucinations, vertigo, feelings of being watched, religious fervor, desire to copulate, etc?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: May 07, 2012, 10:49:12 pm »

Faith froze as she remembered the clearing.

"No. Definitely not. That part was just a misunderstanding. And, yes hallucinations, but only caused by the hallucination-causing clearings that contained memories or something. Nothing on my own!"
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:52:55 pm by IronyOwl »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: May 07, 2012, 10:49:30 pm »

(Bahaha, "desire to copulate".  Is my token total taking into account the tools I already have, or do I keep them in addition to those eight tokens?)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: May 07, 2012, 10:51:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mason quietly listens to the briefing, interested in the contents.

"My apologies for interrupting, but may I ask what is an UMW ship?

Also, where do those fungus things come into play?"
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: May 07, 2012, 10:52:06 pm »

"Uh, can you guys let me up?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: May 07, 2012, 10:55:02 pm »

desire to copulate, etc?"
((CHILDREN!))

Milno sighed. Well, back to business.
Milno went to the armory and turned over both razors, the kinetic amp and the laser rifle he was carrying around. Which left him with Ivan's Rifle and Feyri's Sabre.

((I'll return the Gauss rifle to Ivan as soon the people allow him to leave.))

I'M RICH, BEYOTCH! I assume I was paid for the box taken by the scientists?
((You actually got the same pay as Milno on his first mission :V Going for a MkIII as well?))
>Yes?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: May 07, 2012, 11:00:24 pm »

Possibly. Does that mean I can fly as well?

Yeah, I think I'll go for a MkIII.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 1256