Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3826484 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3:Gearing up
« Reply #2475 on: May 08, 2012, 05:52:31 pm »

Gah, sorry for taking so long. I have to sleep sometime. Timezones and that.

Also, HOLY SHIT, look at the ship thread! Faith just went all Erik on that douche! I'm not sure if I should be happy or scared, but still, wow.

Got a question for the GM: Who's got the highest strength on the team for the mission?

As for equipment:

Get from the armory 1 cutting torch and 1 laser rifle.

Then wait for the briefing to start.

"Did anyone hear screaming just a moment ago?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:02:53 pm by Zako »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: May 08, 2012, 06:01:35 pm »

Jim nodded. "Yeah, but I don't really give a shit. Most of the people here are criminals of the worst sort or volunteers, so they're insane anyway." He was a special case in that he had been obsolete almost as soon as he was made due to a breakthrough in genetic engineering, so got put here as a 'donation.' The other twenty-five members of generation three had been killed in action on their first mission for HMRC before Jim himself got sent down and... was also killed in action during his first mission. Maybe there was a pretty damn good reason we were all listed as failures... he thought with a sigh. He tapped Feyri on the shoulder. "Uh... thanks, by the way. For hauling me back."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2477 on: May 08, 2012, 07:09:13 pm »

>Ah, everyone is here. Good. Lets begin shall we?

>Our target this time is a moon by the name of 4473 Styx. It's not much more then a little asteroid orbiting a collapsed star out in the boonies of the galaxy, but that, as it turns out, is the entire point. 4473 Styx is the location of a research outpost charged with handling what you might call...volatile work. And like all outposts that work with dangerous materials it's been stuck out in the middle of nowhere, just in case of accidents.

The base there, code name is "Beachline", went dark recently, by which I mean they stopped broadcasting. Before going dark it sent off a final transmission which, when decoded, contained only the word "P-box". Now, in military research lingo a P-box is anything which has unknown qualities but is inherently dangerous, even actively hostile. From this we can only assume that, whatever they were researching there, either something went very wrong, or maybe very right, and they had to initiate quarantine procedures.

Our mission is two fold. Firstly, to go in and access the situation, attempt to ascertain what happened and bring the base back online if we can, and secondly, and above all else, to gather as much data as we can. Research logs, personal logs, rips of computer memories, samples of anything that seems meaningful, the works.

We're going full quarantine protocols here people, with everything that entails. You're going into stasis on the shuttle because you're going to take the last, short leg of the journey into the quarantine zone on your own, away from the main ship here. It also means no rescue party; if you fail down there we're bombarding that rock out of the sky, just to be safe. Keep your wits about you and stay on your toes, there's no telling what you'll find down there and what will be dangerous.

Now then, here's the map of the base. Things may have changed but this is what it was when it was built. Blocks with yellow lines are doors, blocks with a light blue outline denote an elevator.

First level, the only level above ground. You'll make your landing on the landing pad there. Once down you should check the transmitter and make sure it's still operational. It runs on it's own power source so even if the generators in the base are down it should have power. If it's off, turn it on. If it's broken, try to fix it. Without that transmitter you'll have no connection to me or anyone else. Once thats done you can take the elevator in the entrance down to the next level.

The second level is the housing level, where the scientists, project lead and military supervisor lived.

The third level houses the base's main power generator. If it's offline getting it back online will make your lives a hell of a lot easier and allow you to get data from any of the base's computers.

The fourth level is what might be loosely labeled as the "Labs".

The fifth Level is simply an observation chamber.

While the sixth is the room it is observing, as well as a direct access to the base's main computer.

That's about it people. Go in there, get the goods, find out what went wrong and clean it up. Oh, and don't expect to find survivors. The base will have been dark for almost a decade by the time we get there.

If you've got questions or want to get a game plan together, now is the time. If not, head to the stasis pods.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: P-box
« Reply #2478 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:56 pm »

Jim turned to his companions. "So... any of you good at repairing things?" he asked. That definitely wasn't his specialty, and they needed someone who could repair the transmitter.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 07:25:55 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: May 08, 2012, 07:22:51 pm »

Charro tried to keep a game face on, even attempting a quip despite his inner terror.
"Well, my first mission with the Hazardous Materials Requisition Corps and we're visiting a laboratory focusing on hazardous materials? Well, I guess I should be glad you decided to start me off with something so... Routine."

He grinned-that came out better than he'd dared hope- then covered up his actual fear by looking over his rifle again, checking the safety was on and generally occupying his hands so they couldn't shake. "So... Any changes-of-plan considering the mission? Sticking together still sounds like common-sense to me. And I'm sorry to say I have not a clue about repairing anything."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: May 08, 2012, 07:25:44 pm »

Jim thought for a moment. "Steve, do you have access to instructions on how to repair a transmitter, such as the user's manual or even just a page on the extranet? If so, link up with this platform and upload them. Even if I can't do it myself I can probably give a few tips to someone with more mechanical know-how that way."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 08, 2012, 07:35:04 pm »

Bishop stepped forward, a small smile on his face.

"It's a good thing that I am perfect for this mission. I basically fix broken stuff for a living, and I've gotten pretty good at it. I would also like a copy of that manual as well as the manual and blueprints of that power generator, so send copies to my suit's wrist computer and I'll go grab a datapad as well for an extra set."

Before leaving the briefing room to get said data pad, Bishop turns back to the room.

"I'm afriad that I am going to have to ask you to loan me some engineer tools for this mission, computer. I can't just fix things with my bare hands after all."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2482 on: May 08, 2012, 07:41:08 pm »

Jim thought for a moment. "Steve, do you have access to instructions on how to repair a transmitter, such as the user's manual or even just a page on the extranet? If so, link up with this platform and upload them. Even if I can't do it myself I can probably give a few tips to someone with more mechanical know-how that way."
Bishop stepped forward, a small smile on his face.

"It's a good thing that I am perfect for this mission. I basically fix broken stuff for a living, and I've gotten pretty good at it. I would also like a copy of that manual as well as the manual and blueprints of that power generator, so send copies to my suit's wrist computer and I'll go grab a datapad as well for an extra set."

Before leaving the briefing room to get said data pad, Bishop turns back to the room.

"I'm afriad that I am going to have to ask you to loan me some engineer tools for this mission, computer. I can't just fix things with my bare hands after all."

>Uploading. You should have them now. Also, nice try, but Mesk is carrying an Advanced kit, it should have anything you need, outside of major equipment. Consider that datapad already packed with your suit.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 08, 2012, 07:59:22 pm »

"Thank you Steve." Jim probed his databanks for the requested knowledge and found it, but didn't flip through it just yet. "I'm ready to go if everyone else is."

Jim heads to stasis.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 08, 2012, 08:21:47 pm »

(Wait so I can use the advanced kit for medical AND engineering purposes?)

"Sounds good, computer guy.  Or, not good, but, you get the idea.  Will we have communication back to the Sword during this mission?
"Also, am I the only one who thinks that observation room is where this whole business started?  We'd better be well prepared."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 08, 2012, 08:39:05 pm »

"Speaking of prepared, which of you lot here is the strongest? I've got something neat for you on the ground when we get there, but it's a bit heavy. And... Mesk was it? I'll be taking all of those mechanical tools and gear in that kit. You can keep the medical stuff, I'm no good with that."

Taking a deep, relaxing breath, bishop turns to look at the map again.

"I want everyone to have a copy of those maps computer. We don't need anyone getting lost. Also, how long do we have until you fire the bombs at the rock we are going on?"

((Question for the GM: What penalties do I get for using the MBL with 5 strength? Can I even use it at all?))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 08, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »

"Er, yes, you can have my engineering tools if you need, I'll just keep them in my kit until you need them though.  And you'd better return them in as good condition as you got them."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 08, 2012, 09:28:57 pm »

Bishop just glares at Mesk and replies in a deadpan manner.

"Or what. You'll do mean things to the most vital man on the team? The one who is most likely going to get you all out alive? That's a good plan, not. I'm off to the stasis pods, get your shit together and we can get this over with quickly."

Head to the stasis pods after checking that the prototype has been delivered and all the parts are there. Assembly may be required.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 08, 2012, 09:32:43 pm »

Feyri was silent as she listened in on the mission. These planets were reminiscent of archaic mythology, she guessed. Styx. The River Styx, a water boundary between Earth and the Greek Underworld. The passage by which Gods bound their words, where invulnerability could be claimed, where those of great wrath and melancholy are tortured for all eternity.

She wished she still had one token to bring with her, for safety's sake.

This was a mission of no return, either they made it all back or they died trying. Well, at least there was some comfort in the journey, the ferryman was watching.

She listened on, taking note of the codewords and the scene as Steve mentioned the details and drew up the holograms. There was a lot of tech involved, and a lack of light.

She turned to the others after he finished. "Do we have a suitable medic for this mission? Steve, can we bring gas masks just in case anything turns up? Can we also bring detonation packs if...we succumb to whatever lies in there?"

She then looked at Jim with a light smile. "I never leave others behind. Mercenary Code and Creed."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 08, 2012, 09:35:07 pm »

"Hey, if you hand out gas masks, can I have one too?" Jim asked. He may not have technically needed one anymore, but it was the first thing he remembered: stumbling out of the tank, barely able to comprehend what was going on, and being dressed and stuffed into a gasmask before he knew what was happening. He was so used to wearing one that it felt like home.

(Also if you ask Jim for a token, Tiruin, he'd be happy to lend Feyri one. :P)
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 1256