Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830211 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: One down.
« Reply #2775 on: May 14, 2012, 02:21:38 am »

(Yes, good idea!)
Grab a knife first before doing incisiony stuff.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: May 14, 2012, 02:37:09 am »

Bishop saw Charro take a look at the datapad and then shrug helplessly.

"No luck? I'll give it a go."

Take the pad and try to hack in. Find suitable information.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: May 14, 2012, 03:13:54 am »

"Sure, here. Try to not be driven insane by what you read!"
Charro says this light heartedly as he hands the datapad to Bishop, but he is most certainly keeping an eye on him anway. And on the door. And on the possibly-not-dead bodies. And on Feyri.
>Give datapad to Bishop, keep a constant look-out for anything threatening.

"If we can't work out what it is, we may just have to keep moving. There's almost sure to be something of worth on there, anyway, but I have a bad feeling we're going to have to head right down into the guts of this place before we find out the whole story."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2778 on: May 14, 2012, 04:53:14 am »

Jim drummed his fingers in annoyance for a moment, then searched the corpse and the room for anything of use and/or value.
You do the closest robotic equivalent of a sigh possible and spin on your chair to examine the corpse of the overseer. The corpse is gone. Awesome.

(Yes, good idea!)
Grab a knife first before doing incisiony stuff.
You head back to the kitchen, grab a rather sharp looking knife and head back to the showers to perform some autopsies. You hack the poor already chopped up corpse into even more pieces, searching for something mechanical, something to explain the bodies moving around. Unless an ID chip and a metal plate and pins for a broken leg can make you a zombie, you don't find anything significant.

"Sure, here. Try to not be driven insane by what you read!"
Charro says this light heartedly as he hands the datapad to Bishop, but he is most certainly keeping an eye on him anway. And on the door. And on the possibly-not-dead bodies. And on Feyri.
>Give datapad to Bishop, keep a constant look-out for anything threatening.

"If we can't work out what it is, we may just have to keep moving. There's almost sure to be something of worth on there, anyway, but I have a bad feeling we're going to have to head right down into the guts of this place before we find out the whole story."
Bishop saw Charro take a look at the datapad and then shrug helplessly.

"No luck? I'll give it a go."

Take the pad and try to hack in. Find suitable information.
[Aux: 5] You enter a few passwords at random and "password123" turn out to be correct. Idiots. 

The data pad contains several video files, all simply named with a number.
>1
>2
>3
>4
>5

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:22 am »

Jim drummed his fingers in annoyance for a moment, then searched the corpse and the room for anything of use and/or value.
You do the closest robotic equivalent of a sigh possible and spin on your chair to examine the corpse of the overseer. The corpse is gone. Awesome.
((It's Fun Time! :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: May 14, 2012, 05:21:10 am »

Bishop's finger moved to play the first file, but stopped just short of the screen. Something in the back of his mind was telling him to stop, that strange prickling feeling in the back of your brain, the slight churn of your gut.

The menu looked just like the one from the transmitter.

Bishop logged out and shut the pad down, removing the hard drive for good measure.

"Ok, there's nothing more in here. Unless you found out why Jim thought those corpses were moving, I say we move on. Let's go. Next stop, the miliatry observer's quarters."

Log out of the datapad, shut it down and remove all the harddrives of the pads that I have, storing them safely away. Then head to the military observer's quarters, gun up, and wait outside the door for the others.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: May 14, 2012, 06:01:53 am »

Feyri twiddled her thumb on the rifle stock, with her index finger tapping the trigger in a moderate tempo. After checking the files that Jim pointed out, she was sure something was wrong.

She needed to find thumbscrews.

But on a more important reason, she had to tell him about the progress of the mission, lest anything comes to fruition - against the five.

Tell Steve our findings, then whistle a merry tune once more.

"So does anyone feel we're being watched, or is it just me?" Feyri said. She had the feeling that the corpses were just playing dumb, with their jaws all open and slack.

But...she decided to listen to her intuition about this before following and guarding Bishop and Charro.

"Mesk...keep watch on Jim if possible.

Please?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:43:14 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:20 am »

"...Fuck. That." Jim searched the rest of the room anyway, but stayed on his toes in case something attacked him; if it did it was getting a face full of cleaver.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: May 14, 2012, 11:31:38 am »

"...yeah, sure, I'll keep an eye on Jim.  From, you know, a distance.
"Also, I didn't find anything from autopsying the corpses.  Either they're not zombies after all, or there's... something... else, not physical, making them move.  Now, I'm not one to advocate the supernatural, but..."
Keep an eye on Jim and the rest of the team, making sure they don't go crazy (-er).  Make sure I don't go crazy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2784 on: May 14, 2012, 11:37:58 am »

Bishop's finger moved to play the first file, but stopped just short of the screen. Something in the back of his mind was telling him to stop, that strange prickling feeling in the back of your brain, the slight churn of your gut.

The menu looked just like the one from the transmitter.

Bishop logged out and shut the pad down, removing the hard drive for good measure.

"Ok, there's nothing more in here. Unless you found out why Jim thought those corpses were moving, I say we move on. Let's go. Next stop, the miliatry observer's quarters."

Log out of the datapad, shut it down and remove all the harddrives of the pads that I have, storing them safely away. Then head to the military observer's quarters, gun up, and wait outside the door for the others.
You stuff the data pad into your bag, its contents unexplored, before heading out into the hall. You walk to the east, down the hall and stop at the first door, loitering there and waiting for your companions before heading in.
Feyri twiddled her thumb on the rifle stock, with her index finger tapping the trigger in a moderate tempo. After checking the files that Jim pointed out, she was sure something was wrong.

She needed to find thumbscrews.

"So when it says 'spreads to scientists' first before 'spreading to base', and the mention of pseudo-life, I'm beginning to feel an impasse forming.

Could anyone save that info on a general datapad or info link device for Steve?

Wait, I'll tell him the basics instead."

Tell Steve our findings, then whistle a merry tune once more.

"So does anyone feel we're being watched, or is it just me?" Feyri said. She had the feeling that the corpses were just playing dumb, with their jaws all open and slack.

But...she decided to listen to her intuition about this before following and guarding Bishop and Charro.

"Mesk...keep watch on Jim if possible.

Please?"

(Jim was in an entirely different room and didn't radio anything back to you, so you really should not know any of that.)
"Hey Steve! We found a thing! We don't know whats on it though because Bishop is a scaredy cat. Also, zombies."

>Well isn't that informative. Please continue to spam me with your completely unhelpful status reports.

You frown a bit and take off after Bishop who has wandered away. You find him sitting around outside a door farther down the east hall.

"...Fuck. That." Jim searched the rest of the room anyway, but stayed on his toes in case something attacked him; if it did it was getting a face full of cleaver.
You grab the clever from the table and start searching the room. Bed has nothing on or under it, not even a stash of girly magazines, and the bookcase doesn't seem to have anything of value, just loads of technical manuals, paper backups of the computer logs and a single,rather out of place copy of "The Gift" by Poe. Desk holds nothing but office supplies, not even a secret bottle of booze. Some overseers really don't know how to live.

"...yeah, sure, I'll keep an eye on Jim.  From, you know, a distance.
"Also, I didn't find anything from autopsying the corpses.  Either they're not zombies after all, or there's... something... else, not physical, making them move.  Now, I'm not one to advocate the supernatural, but..."
Keep an eye on Jim and the rest of the team, making sure they don't go crazy (-er).  Make sure I don't go crazy.
Jim's in a completely different room then where the team is going, do you want to go there?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:10 am »

((Eep. Spatial dislocation! By my Sabre! I've been hit!

Edited out, and also in...the quote if you may.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: May 14, 2012, 11:46:07 am »

Attempt breaching and entering, with a position ready for incoming traps. If not attacked back, examine room from my position.

Feyri watched behind her as the others came, except for Jim. She nodded and radio'd the rest.

"Alright, the Military Observer's Quarters. This place may have inherent defenses set up, judging by the name. Everyone on my mark? Ready?"

((Come to think of it, how do we transmit to Steve? Radio waves?))
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:50:41 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: May 14, 2012, 11:46:51 am »

Jim left the room and passed the group. "Files on the computer in there. Watch out for a corpse, fucking thing disappeared the second I took my eyes off of it, it may still be hanging around." Warning delivered, he went to the scientist's barracks to take a look around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #2788 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:01 pm »

(Yep, following Jim.  The bit about watching the rest of the team applies when we're in the same room as them, but following Jim is my priority.  For now.)

"Hey Feyri, shouldn't you be buddying up with Jim?  I'm not going to be much use in a fight, and if Jim gets injured, it's not like I can apply my medical expertise to his robot body.  I'll be more use if we switch places and I go with Bishop and Charro, I think."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #2789 on: May 14, 2012, 12:10:44 pm »

>Follow Feyri, shuffle my feet in a clumsy little jig when Jim is near, just to show I'm alive and not a zombie.

Charro frowns a bit in his helmet, peering uncertainly at the door. "Defences? They had an open button for the big, armoured door out front, I wouldn't be so sure. Best to be careful, though, I guess. Let's all take a look before anyone touches it."
>CHECK THE DOOR FOR TRAPS. Then stand back whilst Feyri opens it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1256