Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808793 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #2790 on: May 14, 2012, 12:11:02 pm »

"Hey Feyri, shouldn't you be buddying up with Jim?  I'm not going to be much use in a fight, and if Jim gets injured, it's not like I can apply my medical expertise to his robot body.  I'll be more use if we switch places and I go with Bishop and Charro, I think."
((Uh...I think Fleshtech means you can repair both man and man-related body machines. I know fleshtechs can handle prosthetics, not entirely sure about a robot body, but I think it applies since it is the same thing, except in a larger scale.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2791 on: May 14, 2012, 12:18:40 pm »

Attempt breaching and entering, with a position ready for incoming traps. If not attacked back, examine room from my position.

Feyri watched behind her as the others came, except for Jim. She nodded and radio'd the rest.

"Alright, the Military Observer's Quarters. This place may have inherent defenses set up, judging by the name. Everyone on my mark? Ready?"

((Come to think of it, how do we transmit to Steve? Radio waves?))
(Well, your radios transmit to the transmitter you activated which then transmits to steve)
You attempt to breech the room by slamming your shoulder into the door. [strength:5] [end:5] The door holds tough despite a nice new dent in the metal. You guess that it must be locked.

(Yep, following Jim.  The bit about watching the rest of the team applies when we're in the same room as them, but following Jim is my priority.  For now.)

"Hey Feyri, shouldn't you be buddying up with Jim?  I'm not going to be much use in a fight, and if Jim gets injured, it's not like I can apply my medical expertise to his robot body.  I'll be more use if we switch places and I go with Bishop and Charro, I think."
You follow Feyri down the hall and are about to continue deeper when Jim rounds the corner, coming back from wherever he was. You wave to him. He seems a bit...off.

>Follow Feyri, shuffle my feet in a clumsy little jig when Jim is near, just to show I'm alive and not a zombie.

Charro frowns a bit in his helmet, peering uncertainly at the door. "Defences? They had an open button for the big, armoured door out front, I wouldn't be so sure. Best to be careful, though, I guess. Let's all take a look before anyone touches it."
>CHECK THE DOOR FOR TRAPS. Then stand back whilst Feyri opens it.
You follow after Feyri and take a moment to check that the door isn't trapped. Your years of intense D&D training have served you well, but you find no traps and let Feyri have at it whilst leaning against a wall.

Jim left the room and passed the group. "Files on the computer in there. Watch out for a corpse, fucking thing disappeared the second I took my eyes off of it, it may still be hanging around." Warning delivered, he went to the scientist's barracks to take a look around.
You leave the room and head back down the hall, cleaver at the ready, and spot Feyri trying to force open a door.

"Files on the computer in there. Watch out for a corpse, fucking thing disappeared the second I took my eyes..."

Oh, there it is, mouth agape, standing behind Feyri, dried hands reaching for her helmet. It turns to look at you and then begins to advance, hollow eyes and mouth hissing with white noise.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: May 14, 2012, 12:23:48 pm »

Jim's emoticon went ! with the accompanying soundbite. "OK, who's behind Feyri? Are one of you just fucking with me or something?" he asked, raising his cleaver slightly and taking a step away toward his intended destination. "You guys do see that fucker, right? It's not just me?"
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:32:54 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: May 14, 2012, 12:28:14 pm »

Look where Jim is looking.  Stay out of cleaving range.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2794 on: May 14, 2012, 01:33:54 pm »

Look where Jim is looking.  Stay out of cleaving range.
You look around and see that there is a distinct lack of zombies around here. You tell Jim of this undead deficiency as loudly as possible while slowly backing away and waving your arms.

Jim's emoticon went ! with the accompanying soundbite. "OK, who's behind Feyri? Are one of you just fucking with me or something?" he asked, raising his cleaver slightly and taking a step away toward his intended destination. "You guys do see that fucker, right? It's not just me?"
You can't hear anything over all that fucking static pouring out of the zombie, though you can see Mesk waving his hands in terror, obviously appealing to you for aid. You better do something quick, its coming for you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: May 14, 2012, 01:41:19 pm »

>Cower behind Feyri Prepare to drag anyone in danger out of robot-cleaving-range, should Jim go crazy.
"Guys, um..." Charro said in a low, nervous voice, to everyone but Jim, "Careful."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: May 14, 2012, 01:50:06 pm »

"Mission Control, I don't know when you'll get this, but fucking shut Jim down!  Please."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2797 on: May 14, 2012, 01:56:39 pm »

>Cower behind Feyri Prepare to drag anyone in danger out of robot-cleaving-range, should Jim go crazy.
"Guys, um..." Charro said in a low, nervous voice, to everyone but Jim, "Careful."
You cower take up a strategic position behind Feyri, ready to grab everyone by the scruff of the neck and drag them away.

"Mission Control, I don't know when you'll get this, but fucking shut Jim down!  Please."
You send your desperate plea for help to Steve, only to immediately remember that there's a 5 minute delay because of the distance. Maybe you could stall him...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: May 14, 2012, 02:09:09 pm »

"Would you just SHUT THE FUCK UP!?" Jim roared, kicking the zombie in the stomach. "Would one of you assholes with a rifle shoot the fucking thing? Christ. I'm out. You deal with this bastard." Jim retreated to the Scientist Barracks.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2799 on: May 14, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

"Would you just SHUT THE FUCK UP!?" Jim roared, kicking the zombie in the stomach. "Would one of you assholes with a rifle shoot the fucking thing? Christ. I'm out. You deal with this bastard." Jim retreated to the Scientist Barracks.
"Would you just SHUT THE FUCK UP!?"
[dex:1+1] You attempt to kick the shambling thing in the stomach but miss entirely. It swings at you in return, its dried limbs cracking against your chest like twigs, but still carving a deep gash through your synthetic muscle and to the metal bone.

"Would one of you assholes with a rifle shoot the fucking thing? Christ. I'm out. You deal with this bastard."

You shoulder past the zombie and the squad before sprinting down the hall, across the elevator room and into the door to the scientist barracks. After steadying yourself from running into the door you try to open it normally; it moves a bit but it seems like someone has barred it from the other side.

>Everyone else
Jim screams, "Would you just SHUT THE FUCK UP!?" before flinging a wild kick into nothing and then hacking himself in the chest with his cleaver. He then screams "Would one of you assholes with a rifle shoot the fucking thing? Christ. I'm out. You deal with this bastard." before charging straight past you and into a door down the hall. Um.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: May 14, 2012, 03:26:53 pm »

Jim took a few steps back, then charged the door again in an attempt to break it open.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2801 on: May 14, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »

Jim took a few steps back, then charged the door again in an attempt to break it open.
[strength:3] You charge into the door, slamming into it with your shoulder, but fail to push whatever is blocking it more then an inch or so.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: May 14, 2012, 04:43:00 pm »

Jim does it a second time, then attempts to squeeze through if possible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2803 on: May 14, 2012, 05:17:10 pm »

Jim does it a second time, then attempts to squeeze through if possible.
You charge the door again [str:6] and slam through with enough force to send you catapulting into one of the bunk beds arranged along the walls. [end:4] You run head long into the solid metal frame of the bed and bounce off, leaving nice big slightly silvery dent running down the length of your face, like you tried to give yourself a cool looking scar with a aluminum bat. You lay on the ground for a bit, staring at the ceiling and wondering exactly when your life took such a nose dive into shitville.

About the time you came here, you reckon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 05:23:27 pm by piecewise »

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: May 14, 2012, 06:21:21 pm »

Bishop was silent after watching the scene before him, before turning to the others next to him.

"Well... I think that it's official... I'm sorry to say, but Jim's lost it. Someone better check on him, I'll get this door open."

Search for a control panel which I can use to bypass the door controls and unlock it. If that doesn't work, then slice through the lock with my torch and then try.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 1256