Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809168 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4530 on: July 01, 2012, 05:34:46 pm »

((Yeah. The SCP didn't scare me in the 'AHSCREAMEROOGABOOGA' sense, but they did make me paranoid. Yippie.
If we could, I imagine the lot of us could come up with something incredibly scary, seeing everyone's creative potential for mindfuckery.))
((To be honest, none of it really creeped me out either. Not that I've read very much.

An Oh God Why contest sounds fun, though. :))))

Dang it, lukas has wandered off somewhere. Well, we'll give him a bit longer then we'll just have you guys dock so this next mission can start. We'll have to do a debrief at high speed so everyone can get paid. I may just do that while you're on the ship.
((Well, do we absolutely need his levelup data to move everything along? It seems like it'd be easy to just add that in later.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: July 01, 2012, 07:11:46 pm »

((Sorry, timezones again...One more month in China - and I am quite sick of this place))

Strength +3, Endurance +2

Conventional weapons + 1, Handiwork + 2
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4532 on: July 01, 2012, 07:13:27 pm »

There we are.

The shuttle shakes for one final time as it passes back into the mothership and settles.

>Alright, before you walking corpses get off, lets debrief shall we? It will be pretty fast this time. Lets see here....you killed thousands, ruined a very expensive dam, and reduced the countryside to a burning hellscape.

>May: Spent most of the mission passed out on pain killers. 5
>Thomas: Dead. 5
>Cog: Idiot: 5
>Lukas: Got gimped nearly instantly and spent the rest of the mission being dragged around. 5
>Faith:Terrible medic as always:5
>E: Helped. Mildly. 6
>Milno: Actually retrieved the artifact and wasn't completely incompetent. 10.

As soon as steve is finished talking the hatch opens and medics swarm in, dragging everyone except E and Milno off to the infirmary.

>Thomas:You awaken in a bed in the infirmary. (you can chose your level up now. You actually lost no stats. Good for you.)

>May:You are taken to the infirmary and immediately fitted with standard prostetics, which someone has thoughtfully spraypainted white to fit with your albino skin.

>Cog: You're placed in a rather silly looking diaper like cast and told to stay in bed.

>Faith. They place your leg in a cast and wrap your stomach in a fluid pocket like the one used on milno's leg. They tell you to take it easy.

>Lukas: They fix your concussion, restore your vision and put your arm in a cast after relocating the other.

Everyone is now back on the On ship thread. Shoo.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 07:17:33 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4533 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:13 pm »

>On mission everyone

The dub step music is pumping as the shuttle slides out of the hold of the Sword and off toward a distant point of light, orbiting somewhere near the solar system's star. The entire ride there is slow deceleration, the momentum of the mothership giving you all the speed you need to get to reach the tiny planet on which the Endive colonies are housed. The 1.7 gravities the deceleration pushes on you makes life uncomfortable, but not as bad as the poor bastards in the army, taking 3 g standard. 

You land some 12 hours later, on a landing pad behind a squat, brick building that looked like a cinderblock that had been dropped a few dozen times. You and your squadies trundle out of the ship, carrying weapons and the odd drum of alcohol, with your helmets held under your arms. The cops, local boys and girls with tanned faces and hard, uncomplicated personalities,  stare at you with a mix of awe, dread and disdain. Everything they've heard of the HMRC is equal parts myth and ghost story, a stream of propaganda and rumor that paints you all as a some sort of elite unit of super prisoners, barely controlled attack dogs with nuclear weapons. In their minds the UWM's solution to a serial killer is to send in 10 more serial killers and let them duke it out. The robots and partial mutants don't help that assessment much.

The police lead you to several large white vans and you pile in as the sun is just starting to set over the rolling, near featureless green hills of Endine. You watch out of the barred windows in the back of the van as the sun sets and unfamiliar stars  appear in the sky. The chairs in the van aren't comfortable, but you take the time to close your eyes and rest a bit before before being woken by a voice from the front of the van telling you that there is 5 minutes till you reach the edge of the mission area.

If there's any last things you have to do before the mission starts, now's the time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4534 on: July 02, 2012, 03:37:12 pm »

In their minds the UWM's solution to a serial killer is to send in 10 more serial killers and let them duke it out.

((And they're probably 75% right.))

Thrak looks at his booze again.

"So what's the final plan?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: July 02, 2012, 03:38:00 pm »

Jim searches the van for anything that can be turned into an improvised weapon. Just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: July 02, 2012, 03:39:02 pm »

Ivan loads his gun, and makes sure that he has at least some battery for his laser.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: July 02, 2012, 03:40:37 pm »

Thrak takes out his cleaver and investigate it for any secrets the good doctor put in.  He returns it when he is done.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: July 02, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »

Travis was shaken......well, alright then. Why do I even open my mouth?

He repeats his question to Steve from the ship:

"Steve. You can view our live feeds, right? The assassin can't emulate that, correct?"
[/s]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:54:42 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: July 02, 2012, 03:45:06 pm »

Travis was shaken......well, alright then. Why do I even open my mouth?

He repeats his question to Steve from the ship:

"Steve. You can view our live feeds, right? The assassin can't emulate that, correct?"

((Would it be possible to switch to a slightly less yellow color? I can hardly see it))

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: July 02, 2012, 03:49:55 pm »

"Well, this is it. So, have we decided on a plan? We absolutely have to be organized here, or the assassin will tear us all apart. Everyone take your wrist transmitters, and have them constantly transmit a unique code, so the serial killer can't disguise as one of us. Also, regardless of some of your normal tendencies, let's keep the body count low here. We might have to fight civilians or each other thanks to the assassin's mind control weaponry, but at least try to stick to non-lethal weapons in that case.

Actually, wait a minute. Steve, you can remotely administer debilitating electric shocks, right? In the event that you get multiple contacts mentioning that someone is being controlled, could you shock said person into unconsciousness?"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:51:43 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: July 02, 2012, 03:50:45 pm »

((Probably because I'm using darkling. Let me see....

Does this work?))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: July 02, 2012, 03:52:28 pm »

((Probably because I'm using darkling. Let me see....

Does this work?))
((HUZZAH. Yeah, that's much better. Thank you!))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: July 02, 2012, 03:56:05 pm »

"Uh.. how do you do that code thing?"

Thrak pounds on his wristpad to see if he can do the unique code thing.

"So what?  Door to door checks, alone or a team?  Bigass party?"

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: July 02, 2012, 03:57:43 pm »

"How about two parties? Five each."
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 1256