Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830506 times)

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4560 on: July 02, 2012, 05:02:32 pm »

"Actually, I don't think having a manual system in place is required... Steve has implants in us he can use to shock any mind controlled teammates into unconsciousness, all we need to do is let him know we could use that service. As a side note, I've gotten a taser glove installed in case we need to knock some civilians unconscious, as killing innocents is something I plan to avoid at all costs here.Anyway, in case the lead for each group gets killed, mind controlled, or otherwise incapacitated, we may want to choose a second in command. For that matter, what plan do we have aside from "try not to die"? There's got to be a better way to do this than systematically blundering into houses."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: July 02, 2012, 05:05:20 pm »

"Nah, I think you should take Thrak. I'm hoping our quarry might not realize he and I are human in here, or at least hesitate long enough for us to fuck him up." He snapped his fingers to get Mesk's attention. "You're with me too, Mesk."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: July 02, 2012, 05:06:58 pm »

In their minds the UWM's solution to a serial killer is to send in 10 more serial killers and let them duke it out.
((This is SUCH an accurate assessment. 75% doesn't even begin to describe it.))

Splitting up into groups?
Dude speak?
A man in a mask?

OH GOD, IT'S BECOME SCOOBY DOO!
((Still better than FATAL. :P

Unless the villain turns out to be a whale phallus when unmasked, that is.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: July 02, 2012, 05:18:28 pm »

Actually... I have that feel in my guts that the community residents don't know the [Common]. Which might or might not matter.
So, what is the strategy? Just banging on the doors, shocking/pumping alcohol into the residents the whole way to unconsciousness, swiflty eradicating all resistance, and probing each and every person for being a doppelganger?
Also, how do we find the killer if he isn't wearing the cloak and the weapons and politely follows all of our commands (and there is no evidence against him)? Cut a piece of his/her face and examine it to be different from a regular human's piece of face?

Steve, does the 'Changeling mask' look different from the regular human face on the, eh, meaty inside?
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: July 02, 2012, 05:21:23 pm »

Milno stares at Kyle with the corner of his field of vision while pointing to Thrak to join him and Maurice.
"I am taking suggestions for the approach, since visitting each house is what we got so far."

"And if the crazy survivalist wants to stay separated for the mission, we'll leave him happy, but he'll still be considered as part of a group. Just get someone to watch him as he broods behind us, since he said he'll follow a group from a distance."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: July 02, 2012, 05:33:33 pm »

((Maybe a bad acid trip Scooby Doo, what with the whole face-stictching thing.))

Thrak stands up and cheers, banging his head on the roof.

"YES!  Let's go team Bro!"

He brofists the other two, before fiddling with his wristpad to set a unique code like the others.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: July 02, 2012, 05:34:28 pm »

Try and figure out how to make a code.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: July 02, 2012, 05:49:19 pm »

"Actually, if we knock everyone unconscious, we could simply search until we get the monatomic razor and amp the guy's carrying, and just hand the guy carrying them over to Steve. I suppose the real criminal could plant them on some unsuspecting innocent... but in that case we'd have already taken his gear, and it'd just be a matter of finding the guy with the shadow circuit.

Also, I've been thinking... in such a small community, it's relatively likely that almost every person will have a family or close friend that they could identify via a question "only they could know". Theoretically, we could try sounding an alarm, evacuating all the buildings, and sorting through people via that method or knocking them unconscious when necessary. We'd have to assign people to keep watch on the townsfolk that have already been cleared to keep the killer from infiltrating, but it's an option. Or we could stick with the door to door route."

Also, Kyle modifies his wristpad to transmit a unique code of his own.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: July 02, 2012, 05:52:34 pm »

@Kyle:
"And newbie, I got my system because I'll know when my mind starts to be hijacked, while Steve won't. He may get me unconscious after all the team screams and shouts I'm under the enemy's control, and until then I could already have shot down half my group. There is no need to say that is not a good prospect."

Milno also picks Kyle and Renen to speed things up and his group is done.
Current:
Milno
Maurice
Thrak
Kyle
Renen

((I've gone ahead and picked Kyle because Jim threw Thrak onto Milno's group and Renen due to the fact Empyrean is on Jim's group, so the perv would be trying to grope her during the whole mission if he stayed in her group.))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:15:42 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: July 02, 2012, 06:23:24 pm »

((I've gone ahead and picked Kyle because Jim threw Thrak onto Milno's group and Renen due to the fact Empyrean is on Jim's group, so the perv would be trying to grope her during the whole mission if he stayed in her group.))
((It's the perfect oh wait no he mimics personalities too. Damn, that would have been a dead giveaway too.

Renen: "Hey guys, it's-"
*Jim shoots him*
Renen: "Augh, whyyyyy?"
Jim: "That's not Renen. The real Renen would have groped E immediately!"
*Everyone else gasps in surprised understanding*
"Renen": "Damn!"

I'm sure similar tests could be conducted using other... we'll call them "quirks."))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4570 on: July 02, 2012, 06:54:42 pm »

Actually... I have that feel in my guts that the community residents don't know the [Common]. Which might or might not matter.
So, what is the strategy? Just banging on the doors, shocking/pumping alcohol into the residents the whole way to unconsciousness, swiflty eradicating all resistance, and probing each and every person for being a doppelganger?
Also, how do we find the killer if he isn't wearing the cloak and the weapons and politely follows all of our commands (and there is no evidence against him)? Cut a piece of his/her face and examine it to be different from a regular human's piece of face?

Steve, does the 'Changeling mask' look different from the regular human face on the, eh, meaty inside?

>If you cut deep enough you'll find mechanical things, but it's not skin deep.

>Everyone

The van rumbles to a stop and you can feel the vehicle shift slightly as the driver steps out and walks around to open the door. You and your companions step out and follow the drivers  a while down the road. After a half mile or so you come across a car, parked in the grass off on the side of the road. One of the van drivers motions to the man in the car and you can faintly hear him say something over a radio. The van driver takes a stick and waves it around in front of him for a moment before motioning you and your squadmates forward and continuing to motion till you're a dozen feet past him. He waves to the car again and then repeats his test with the stick. It severs and smolders as he waves it in front of him again.  He nods to the car driver and he and the rest of the van drivers walk off into the night.

You turn around and gaze off across the vague shapes in the darkness beyond you, nothing but the warm glow of distant windows and scattered streetlights to hint that anything lies in that mire of shadow.
(You're on the black, vertical road, on the north/top side of the map.)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:56:50 pm by piecewise »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4571 on: July 02, 2012, 07:05:26 pm »

Empyrean looks around with a dull expression.

"Well. Here we are."

Set wrist-thingy to transmit a unique code.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: July 02, 2012, 07:14:24 pm »

Set wrist-thingy to transmit a unique code.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4573 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:41 pm »

"Well, it's time. One last note to everyone, if you feel yourself losing control, send a message to Steve to get him to knock you out... or shut you down, as the case may be.", Kyle added with an aside glance towards the cyborgs. Turning towards Milno, Kyle spoke, So veteran, has your experience recommended a foolproof plan, or are we just going to begin breaking and entering?

Follow Milno.

((Also, map repost for convenience))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: July 02, 2012, 07:19:53 pm »

Ivan readies his rifle. "I don't know about you, but I'm gonna get started." He follows Jim, breaking off and kicking the door of house 31.

((Where are we on the map?))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:22:29 pm by Scelly9 »
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 1256