Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832901 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

By the way, E's been spending most of the mission being wheeled around on a handtruck so to speak, so someone might either want to give an action for her or forcibly grab her and take her with you.

((Aahahahaha, I should just have decapitated Kyle. No more mercy.))

Milno watches as Kyle's sliced body throws the manipulator towards him and immediately takes action by turning on his back and flying away. The killer must really hate him. Great.

Public channel:
"The mindcontrolled smartass just messed with his manipulator and it is going to blow up. Run away. Now. Ah, he was also cut in two pieces by my laser beam, you may want to get his body if you are feeling altruistic."

AM channel:
"Hey, is there a way of tracking from where the killer is controlling his targets with that amp?"

Fly moving diagonally towards the ground, away from the manipulator but still using the max possible speed without being turned into a smear on the ground. Sweep in, get Travis' corpse as quick as possible and keep flying. Be prepared to dodge, ascend and/or duck into cover when the explosion rings.
You waste no time, cutting your engines for a half a second and angling yourself toward the ground before bringing them back on. Like a falling star, you tear through the night, down toward the ground and the body of Travis. You don't even stop to land as you sweep him up and off the ground, your exoskeleton groaning under the sudden force and new weight, and continue away from the center of the community.  You bank toward the north west and into the massive bank of smoke coming from the burning homes, keeping low and hoping the smoldering ruins will shield you from whatever is coming. You can barely see a thing in this smoke, but you figure you're just about where the fence pylon should be.

((Much as I'd like Maurice to rescue what's left of Kyle, I can't really justify risking someone else's character like that.))

This can't end well. Everyone, keep an eye out for the killer, he'll be sure to make a break towards that end of the fence.

Run towards the compromised part of the fence, and fast.
You waste no time in sprinting off toward the northwest and straight into the smoke rising off all the burning homes. You can't see a bloody thing, save for the fiery streak of light and noise that you assume is milno flying overhead. You make it about half way to the edge of the fence.

Thrak realizes there may be trouble.

"Shit, bros, let's book it!"

Thrak grabs Mesk and runs for the compromised turret.
You pick up Mesk, who at this point feels roughly similar to a dufflebag full of broken glass and raw steak, and start sprinting for the damaged fence pylon. Good thing you have all this nice super human strength, speed and endurance, otherwise carrying a man while sprinting might pose a problem.  You barrel your way into the smoke and tall grass, making your way to about the half way point between the road and the fence.

(My hole!  D: )

"God... goddamnit, Jim, not this shit again..."
Apply painkillers and whatever other meds need to be applied to myself.
"Heal myself, physician."
You attempt to move while Thrak carries you. Oh, wait. Your spine is broken. Whatcha gonna do now mr.floppy arms?

Since SeriousConcentrate may still be busy...

Jim's action: Try to levitate Kyle's body (if it happens to be nearby) to follow the group while helping Thrak carry Mesk if needed. Head to the turret as well.

You shrug off your most recent maiming of mesk and barrel out through the front door. You can see Kyle's body laying over near the center intersection, so you decide to collect him.

[Exotic:6+1-1]
You shake and spasm involuntarily as electric fingers of pain stab across your brain and seem to burn through brain, but keep your eyes focused on the body of your team mate. The severed upper half of the man rockets forward with such force that it tears his head clean off his shoulders. The head and helmet fly toward you like a morbid fastball, coming to rest in your outstretched hands.

"uhh..close enough"

You tuck the head under your arm and cover the bottom of the helmet, just to make sure nothing falls out, and proceed to charge directly into the smoke toward the northwest. You make to the halfway point in the field.

To the Turret with the rest of the group.

You join the fleeing hordes of your team mates and make it into the field and the smoke.

Punch anyone in the front room, then head to the turret.
There's no one around so you decide to just beat feet and get the hell out. You make it into the field and about half way to the turret.

The Manipulator continues it's arc up toward where milno used to be and then stops, hanging there weightlessly in mid-air, still shrieking. The air around it distorts with heat for an instant before a wave of distortion boils outward, like a silent blastwave, enveloping the entire community, the fields beyond it and the running men and women within them. Heat begins to leak out of the manipulator, spreading slowly within that sphere of distortion, spreading outward like a tide of boiling air. The temperature rises from the center out, spreading and spreading; the moist night air dries out, the dew evaporates from the grass, and the temperature keeps rising. Near the center of the distortion the grass is already on fire.

>We've got another breech. The pylon to the northeast. And now the one to the south west. They're all going down.

((The worst part is that the killer fooled Steve...Kyle remained conscious and screwed everything up.))
How did he fool Steve?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 01:10:34 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

E's Action:  Run like hell to meet the rest of the group

"Yo Bro-stevous, how are the turrets going down?"

Ask while continuing to run like hell.

You tuck the head under your arm and cover the bottom of the helmet, just to make sure nothing falls out,

That was nice of him.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@GM: I think Skyrunner auto'ed Empyrean to follow Jim. If I remember correctly, Sky is having less time online and was having problems with catching up.))

Milno flies high and stares at the point where the invisible barrier should be.

Question for the armory master:
"Hey, is there a way of tracking the point from where the killer is controlling his targets?"

Question for Steve:
"Can you see what is compromising the laser turrets?"

Throw two of the remaining metal poles at two different parts of the area that was supposed to have the laser fence up, to check if it was really deactivated. Keep an erratic flight near the point if it hasn't been deactivated, and if it was really destroyed, test further with both arms, one after the other. Escape to safety afterwards depending on the outcome (if the GM decides Empyrean is lagging behind the rest of the group, then also turn back and drag her along after delivering Travis' corpse to Maurice; if E is with Jim as auto'ed, then leave her be).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 02:16:19 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

((Well, it looks like Kyle's going to have a robot body by mission two. I suppose I should consider myself lucky. XD))

Um, Steve... is there any backup containment plan here?

Keep running!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I really, really don't like those robot bodies, but if it is ok with you, then well, your character kind of survived so far.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

((I really, really don't like those robot bodies, but if it is ok with you, then well, your character kind of survived so far.))

((I meant it more along the lines of "I should consider myself lucky that there's anything left of him at all". Given the choice, Kyle would have preferred to avoid the robot body. XD))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim... continued with the mass exodus away from the amp?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(I can't move my arms?  Where is my spine broken?)

Mesk giggles slightly deliriously, and says over the public channel,
"Oh Thrak, I never knew you were such a romantic..."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

((This is gonna look great on the HRMC record.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((This is gonna look great on the HRMC record.))
((Although it was Jim the one to...neeeevermind.))
>Yes?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Do what?)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Keep going, be on the lookout for anyone doing anything.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

We'll assume that E was with jim all along and that their fates are now shared.

((@GM: I think Skyrunner auto'ed Empyrean to follow Jim. If I remember correctly, Sky is having less time online and was having problems with catching up.))

Milno flies high and stares at the point where the invisible barrier should be.

Question for the armory master:
"Hey, is there a way of tracking the point from where the killer is controlling his targets?"

Question for Steve:
"Can you see what is compromising the laser turrets?"

Throw two of the remaining metal poles at two different parts of the area that was supposed to have the laser fence up, to check if it was really deactivated. Keep an erratic flight near the point if it hasn't been deactivated, and if it was really destroyed, test further with both arms, one after the other. Escape to safety afterwards depending on the outcome (if the GM decides Empyrean is lagging behind the rest of the group, then also turn back and drag her along after delivering Travis' corpse to Maurice; if E is with Jim as auto'ed, then leave her be).

Armory master: "Not really. Not any like, little gadget that tells you his location at least."

>Not sure, there's smoke and cloud cover, but they're not being shut down normally. Chances are they're being damage to the point of losing functionality. Which isn't too hard to do if you know where to pry and smash. And you don't mind getting several thousand watts in the face. The final fence just went down by the way.

You fly down till you can actually see the fence pylon, which looks pretty obviously smashed and is surrounded very crispy looking civilians, and proceed to test if the fence is still there via the metal bars and then your arms. Neither end up as a molten mess, so you're fairly sure it's working.

"The fence is actually down!" You shout over the radio before booking it out and beyond the range of the distortion. Whew.

E's Action:  Run like hell to meet the rest of the group

"Yo Bro-stevous, how are the turrets going down?"

Ask while continuing to run like hell.

You tuck the head under your arm and cover the bottom of the helmet, just to make sure nothing falls out,

That was nice of him.

You run out and join Milno.

((Well, it looks like Kyle's going to have a robot body by mission two. I suppose I should consider myself lucky. XD))

Um, Steve... is there any backup containment plan here?

Keep running!

>None that involve you and your group.

You run out and join milno.

Jim... continued with the mass exodus away from the amp?
You run out and join milno as well.

(I can't move my arms?  Where is my spine broken?)

Mesk giggles slightly deliriously, and says over the public channel,
"Oh Thrak, I never knew you were such a romantic..."
Well lets see here...everywhere.

You are carried out and join milno.

And, as per everyone else, I think it's safe to assume:

You all run and or are dragged out and join milno outside of the area of distortion.

The team, now with 7 surviving members, one broken mesk, and two corpses, stand outside the effected zone and watch as the heat from the amp grows greater and greater. Grass and houses ignite and burn until the heat becomes so intense they simply turn to ash and crumble. Metal glows and melts, puddling on soil that is fast drying and hardening into glass. The world within that bubble of otherworldly heat withers and burns before your eyes, like a snowglobe in a kiln. By the time the distortion fades there is nothing but blackened earth and ash left.

>Well, if he was still in there he's dead now. And if he got out then he could be anywhere around here. Local authorities are looking as we speak, and the actual. competent people will be here soon enough. I'll send down a shuttle.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

:start
Find random house, bash through wall, loot.
Goto :start
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Hey, wait a minute.  I was still carrying that little girl around with me.  What happened, did Jim kill her?)

"Mission accomplished!  Good work, men.  Drinks are on me."
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1256