Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3802535 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: I Have no legs and I must Hike.
« Reply #6285 on: August 11, 2012, 09:54:55 pm »

Milno answered Thomas through the comms.
"I don't have any more of those, used the last to lure the shades."

He narrows his eyes as he stares at the liquid...what used could whatever created the tower have for that?

Think about the black ink thing. What it was used for and if it may be dangerous, for example.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 08:55:17 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6286 on: August 12, 2012, 01:15:26 am »

"Hey, Milno. We need some poles right here to make a little bridge."
Ask Milno to borrow the poles.
If Thomas can use the poles, put two down to make footrails. If Milno dosen't let him, look around the rooms for anything that could be used in such a manner.
You look around in the rooms nearest to you and find nothing you could use to bridge the gap.

Miss Ferratum-Inanis, may I inquire on the way to your current location? Presented with these many ramps, I am at a loss. Maurice half-joked.
Take the path I'm (hopefully) told. Do some simple math on how big the inhabitants (or visitors) of this place could've been, judging by the height of the ceiling, angle and size of the ramps, etc.
((@piecewise Just trying to vary my actions. Is this approach to requesting Int rolls acceptable? ))
Sure, but to be honest that sort of thing isn't something I'd do a roll for. I mean, you look at the height of the doorways and bam, you have a rough Idea. Int rolls are really more for thinking out something complex; this is the sort of thing that requires two working eyes and a brain stem.

You look at the size of the arched doorways lining the walls and estimate them to be about 8 or 9 feet tall. The inhabitants were probably around that size, maybe slightly smaller.

"Oh hell," Faith said in a hushed whisper, trying to simultaneously examine and stay away from the black... thing. "I don't like the look of this at all- could it be one of those creatures sleeping? Or maybe food or something... but this looks just like that geyser before it... differentiated. I assumed it was just hard to see the different creatures, but it could be that they, uh, liquefy."

Think about the ink.
[int:5]
There's no real way to tell what this thing is just by looking at it like this. It's fluid, clearly not watery otherwise it would be frozen by now, and it's probably very old. It might be the razor tree metal liquefied and ready for casting, it might be a toilet, you're just not sure without more data.  You do know one thing though: You probably shouldn't just jam your hand into it. At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.

Milno answered Thomas through the comms.
"I don't any any more of those, used the last to lure the shades."

He narrows his eyes as he stares at the liquid...what used could whatever created the tower have for that?

Think about the black ink thing. What it was used for and if it may be dangerous, for example.
[int:4]

Might be razor tree metal in liquid form, might be a big old pile of shades, might be a bowl full of poison. Hard to tell without examining it closer or testing it with something.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: August 12, 2012, 02:11:51 am »

Turn on the lamps, look inside the room for anything interesting.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: August 12, 2012, 03:44:51 am »

Did I get the loser ramp or something? Gorat wonders as he hobbles to the next room,

Downwards to the second floor room, and examine it. On the way, consider whether the tower would actually be a good defensive structure against the pit shades, the Wyrm, and the stiltwalkers (from what little we know about the latter).
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: August 12, 2012, 11:02:38 am »

Milno sighs, deciding to go back to the room he was previously in...Faith wouldn't provoke another disaster, right?

Milno goes back up the ramp he was before and explores the remaining unexplored room.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: August 12, 2012, 01:16:07 pm »

I'm in the central room, doctor.

Attempt to make the upper weight strike the lower one.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: August 12, 2012, 01:31:07 pm »

Inspect tah' deck.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6292 on: August 12, 2012, 03:49:39 pm »

Turn on the lamps, look inside the room for anything interesting.
The one you can't reach? The one just beyond the top of your ramp?

Did I get the loser ramp or something? Gorat wonders as he hobbles to the next room,

Downwards to the second floor room, and examine it. On the way, consider whether the tower would actually be a good defensive structure against the pit shades, the Wyrm, and the stiltwalkers (from what little we know about the latter).

You head into the second floor room and immediately notice something laying off in the large multichambered alcove in the side. It looks like a sandstone sphere, but it's strange looking, lumpy and oblong; it's a bit too far away and half hidden in the alcove to see very well.

[intuition:3]
Not really sure if this thing would work as a defensive structure. It certainly seems solid, if nothing else.

Milno sighs, deciding to go back to the room he was previously in...Faith wouldn't provoke another disaster, right?

Milno goes back up the ramp he was before and explores the remaining unexplored room.
You head back to the room you've left unexplored. It has nothing in it. Great.

I'm in the central room, doctor.

Attempt to make the upper weight strike the lower one.
[str:4]
You twist and pull and shove and otherwise try to move the weight.  It doesn't work.

Inspect tah' deck.
What?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: August 12, 2012, 04:05:35 pm »

Er...inspect the room.

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6294 on: August 12, 2012, 04:15:53 pm »

Er...inspect the room.

You're still back the room Thomas left you in a while ago. There's nothing there.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: August 12, 2012, 04:19:33 pm »

Yeah, just look through the doorway. Look down and estimate how long of a fall it is.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: August 12, 2012, 04:28:19 pm »

Er...inspect the room.

You're still back the room Thomas left you in a while ago. There's nothing there.

Run frantically to Thomas.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: August 12, 2012, 05:05:26 pm »

"Sandstone... uhm... egg? Sandstone object, egg-like, on second floor, fourth ramp. If you want to film it before it gets bagged." Gorat reports his finding.

Move closer to examine it. No touching yet, though.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: August 12, 2012, 05:26:33 pm »

Anyone stronger here mind helping me in the central room? I've got an idea with these dumbbell-shaped metal things, but I need to help to shift them around.

If someone comes to help out, strike the upper weight against the lower one, with their help.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: August 12, 2012, 05:33:00 pm »

"Sandstone... uhm... egg? Sandstone object, egg-like, on second floor, fourth ramp. If you want to film it before it gets bagged."
"I'll take a look, but after Faith films it, you better bag it."

Move to the second floor, fourth ramp room and analyze the object visually. What could it be used for?
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1256