Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830293 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Forever out of date
« Reply #7170 on: September 03, 2012, 12:26:58 pm »

((I always considered the voice system could distort his voice. Although admittedly, some people could notice he's -generically- young, but not much aside from that.

@Pyro: Also, how many people did Simus save? Is it part of her backstory?))

Milno smiles as he receives her defensive answer and gets suddenly silent.
"Difficult to get any better." he says as he walks down the ramp.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 12:29:41 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: September 03, 2012, 01:11:45 pm »

((Just this mission, which I was referring to, 3, taking them back to the shuttle when they were in imminent danger of death, along with some others assisting.

In the backstory, she walked through hell to get her people out alive after the lab accident. If you want a full account, ask her IC.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:17:06 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: September 03, 2012, 01:16:34 pm »

((Just this mission, which I was referring to, 3, taking them back to the shuttle when they were in imminent danger of death, along with some others assisting.

In the backstory, she walked through hell to get her people out alive after the lab accident. If you want a full account, ask her IC. Just mention how she got them prosthetics.))
((Ah, you mean she kind of dragged the corpses towards the shuttle. >.>

And there wasn't anything like that in her backstory so...Yeah, I couldn't have knowledge about the "hidden" information. :P))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: September 03, 2012, 01:18:58 pm »

In the backstory, she walked through hell to get her people out alive after the lab accident. If you want a full account, ask her IC. Just mention how she got them prosthetics.))
((Ah, you mean she kind of dragged the corpses towards the shuttle. >.>

And there wasn't anything like that in her backstory so...Yeah, I couldn't guess that. :P))

((Backstory ain't set in stone. Well, it kinda is, but it's not usually the entire story...

Otherwise it'd take me several weeks or more to make it, and it would be a massive wall of text.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7174 on: September 03, 2012, 05:00:34 pm »

Alright guys, I spent some time this morning and recreated the tower's interior in minecraft. Because it's the best I can do.

http://imgur.com/a/CR7Zr/embed#0

Hopefully that makes things a bit easier to visualize.

"Bloodstain, from the looks of it. We'll have to go down to see if it fell, not that we didn't have to anyway.

Also, the sound is receding? I guess whatever it is has passed?"

Ascend ramp, searching for about where I think the thing would have fallen from to hit at that spot. See if there's anything unusual. Bring Charro, of course.
[int:4]

You look up into the darkness, visualizing where the upper ramps are, and guessing as best you can where something might have fallen from. You walk up the ramp, keeping the positions of everything in your head as you climb, and stop once you reach your destination. You search around in the near by rooms and find something anomolous. One of the rooms isn't like the others, it leads into another walkway by the look of it. You take a few steps forward into the room and stop when something crunches dryly under your foot. Another spent glowstick. You look up, back towards the newly discovered walkway, and notice a dull glint of metal on the edge of one of the openings.

Charro was getting a bit tired of this place. 'This certainly isn't much of an adventure,' he thought to himself, sweeping the camera back and forth as he trudged along with Faith, 'But then again, the last mission I went on was rather more traumatic. This makes a good change of pace, I suppose.'
So he shoved those thoughts aside and focused on the task at hand. "So... I wonder what these 'aliens' ate, when they lived here. If they ate."
Something occured to him and he raised his eyebrows behind his faceplate. "Faith... What do you think alien food would taste like?"

>Retroactively grab the camera after that rope-pulling thing.
>Follow along, filming Faith's backside the rooms we pass along the way.
>Ponder possible alien cuisine.
You follow along after faith, filming everything you pass and stopping occasionally to film faith for perhaps a few seconds too long and too low.

[int:3] Hmm you're not really sure what they ate. Come to think of it you haven't seen anything that even resembled food. Who knows?

(( Ah, sure. Stupid me. I supposed this place was even bigger than that, the rooms to the side of the ramps branching into even more smaller side rooms, those which you described as alcoves (i.e. big alcoves).
Sorry for messing it up. ))
Aliens, you say? Species not known to be native to Earth and posing a threat to humanity. That's simple. ...At least that's what they told us, if I recall correctly. Never had the chance to meet one before, eh, this assignment.
As for fire - as I've said, I believe that the prime problem with ignition in this world is that usually flammable materials are prevented from entering the plasma state of matter due to the differing laws of physics of this place (probably could be tied to those bubbles and all). Remember that the overcharge of the MFM produced only a blast wave, and no (or practically no) heat.
So, I doubt that the Lighteater's "fire" is true fire indeed - more like a twisted phantom of one... say, "coldfire" or something. Though I may be totally wrong.
Maurice smiled apologetically as approached Faith.

Catch up with Faith (don't strain my legs). Have a look at the bloodstain on my way there if I happen to come across it.

Oh, and by the way, the sand is getting quieter. Could anyone on the top provide visual check to what is happening to sand down below (with the use of lightrope to extend the light bubble, I suppose)?
You walk after Faith as fast as possible without putting undue stress on you legs. You stop to check out the blood stain she talked about on the way. It looks old, quite old, though also very frozen. You shrug and continue your way up until you catch up with faith, who is staring into one of the rooms.

"How fresh do you think those bloodstains were, Faith? As best as you can tell in such an anomaly, that is."

Follow Faith. Think about ways that a Lighteater could be extracted that don't involve mutilation and murder.
You follow along after faith, so lost in thought that you almost fall off the ramp a few times.
[int:1]
You're close to solving the riddle when an annoyingly catchy song pops into your head and you find yourself unable to think about anything without it being immediately drowned out by the music.

(Last I checked May isn't a redhead so, not as interesting. :P)
((We never had a confirmation to its size, so we can't say Faith's backside is exactly interesting. It does help cement Charro as a helpless moron, though.))

Hard run up?
"A bit tired after having to do both my work and the work of some of my teammates should be performing back there. I even had to help your boyfriend." Milno comments with a grin before delivering Travis the rope he asked for.

Give Travis a rope then walk back to check on the bloodstain and think about what exactly had happened there.
You hand Travis a rope, still doubled over,  before rocking back up and starting off back down the ramp, still out of breath.
[end:4+1]
You make it back down quicker, trotting along the down hill slope until you see the bloodstain off to the side. You skid to a stop and then bend down to investigate it, stroking a beard you don't have.
[int:6]
This clearly isn't blood at all. This is cherry pie filling. There must have been some sort of horrible cherry pie firefight, and one pie was wounded and WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING ABOUT?  Someone probably fell or something.

"Thanks....Milno"

Travis ignores Simus's query because she seems to be a bit preoccupied now.

Travis hammers a piton above where Walkway 2 intercepts the wall (on the walkway, so the piton is facing down). He then ties the climbing rope to the piton. He does a few safety checks to make sure the rope is tied properly and can withstand his weight, and then attaches his harness to the rope using a carabiner. Finely, he tosses the rope over the wall and directly over Walkway 2, and climbs down

You hammer a piton into the ground and tie your rope around it before lowering the remaining length of the rope off the edge and down to the walkway. You give it a few good tugs to make sure it will hold and the clip yourself in and prepare to climb down.

[str:3]

You back slowly off the tower and begin down, but the rope slides between your fingers and you can't quite get a grip. Your repelling position stops you from freefalling, but you still strike the top of the walkway with significant force.

[end:4]

You cough and gasp as the air is knocked from your lungs, the struggle to breathe masking any pain from the new bruises on your back. 

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Robot with a Redhead Fetish
« Reply #7175 on: September 03, 2012, 05:26:15 pm »

Simus goes over to the edge where Travis went down and leans over, looking at him.

You all right down there, or should I fetch a medic?

((I looked at your epic-scale rendering of the tower in Minecraft. The very first thing I thought: TSSSSSSSSsssssssssss. The second thing? You are now even more of an epic GM.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:29:39 pm by PyroDesu »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: September 03, 2012, 05:30:37 pm »

(@PW: ...I am really impressed. O.o When the hell did you find time to make the tower in Minecraft? I've never played it for any length of time myself so maybe it didn't take that long, but it certainly looks like it did.

@Caellath: I'm not Sir Mix-A-Lot, here. :P

EDIT @PW again: Jim ≠ SerCon. :P I seem to remember awhile back doing some rolls to amuse myself and noting he preferred brunettes... but in the + column I finally have a thread title named after my actions, so... ???)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 05:36:57 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: September 03, 2012, 05:34:07 pm »

((That's awesome, PW. And yeah, that looks like it took forever, at least without using an edit program.))

Carefully and slowly approach and examine glinting metal.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: September 03, 2012, 05:35:26 pm »

((Wow, that must have taken a long time. Thank you PW for the image!))

Travis coughs.

"Yep, definitely dangerous. *cough*. Yah, I'm ok. Anyway, I'm on Walkway 2 team. Continuing exploration"

Travis waits for the pain to subside, and then gets up and walks into Citadel 1 from the walkway
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: September 03, 2012, 05:47:51 pm »

((@piecewise: That is incredible. Thank you for your effort. I had already got the grip of the thing after you explained it the third time (:P), but it is still nice to see it pictured.
@SerCon: I did have the impression you were.))

"Since we are already split up, try not to get too fragmented, although loner can go crazy on exploring if he wants to."

Get to the place Maurice is.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: September 03, 2012, 05:55:02 pm »

((That must have taken a while. A long while. Unless, of course, you used an editing program.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: September 03, 2012, 06:05:20 pm »

(( Oh WOW. Now that tower should've taken a lot of time, and daammit, that's the coolest handout material I've ever received from a GM. Great job, and thank you once more, Piecewise! ))
What is it, Faith? ...Is there something interesting, or, perhaps, ...dangerous?
Warily enter and examine the room Faith is/was staring at, with my hand resting on the handle of the Instrument.
A gruesome sight, maybe? ...The older's brother remains, perhaps?
(( I've thought it over extensively, and hey, Maurice's already stabbed a 'dead' body just before it 'rose to life'. Guess that warrants him at least a small share of paranoia :P ))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 06:07:36 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: September 03, 2012, 06:07:30 pm »

"Not sure... something metal in an opening..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: September 03, 2012, 06:22:34 pm »

(( "Wait.. do you see any sickly green light emitting from there? Oh no, we are doomed..." was my first thought at that, honestly :P Well, thank goodness we are, like, in a totally different setting. I mean, right? ))
I see...
Stay alert, and be ready to stab anything which might jump onto us out of that room.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: September 03, 2012, 06:33:03 pm »

Hey, Travis! Hang on, I'm coming down. Nobody should be going off completely on their own.

Simus carefully climbs down, then ties off her rope at the bottom with a piton, then goes on with Travis, laying out the rope behind her.
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 1256