Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3825441 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Choosing teams
« Reply #9150 on: November 18, 2012, 02:25:10 pm »

((I was here the whole time... Really!))

Go with my team!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: November 18, 2012, 02:48:50 pm »

((Depending on the type of infection (and the resistance we face) that flamethrower might be pretty useful. ))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: November 18, 2012, 02:52:25 pm »

((The Spoon Squad has Miyamoto in his battlesuit, Feyri with a Tesla Sabre, Pancaek with his flamethrower, Stacy with an MFM (does Flint even have any equipment?). Not exactly the subtlest bunch of people, I'd say, considering that this squad is apparently for reconnaissance. Although that may change in short order.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: November 18, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »

Mesk glances at Jim when he mentions going first, the slightest concern in his voice.
"You sure about that, boss?  You might be able to replace your body, but your brain is still vulnerable.  One bad shock from an explosion and that's it, you're out.  Permanently.  If you're worried about minesweeping why not just use your amps to clear the floor wherever we go?  And if that doesn't work I think I can disarm any explosives that we find.  We'll just have to watch our step - all of our steps."
Ready to move out.

"How would you propose I use my amps for that? One is for manipulating temperatures and the other is for moving things that I already know about. Once I know where a mine is at, I can move it away with the manipulation amp just fine, but for finding them I'm just going to have to rely on sight and sound. Anyway, you heard the man. Detain non-combatants, subdue hostiles, and load everyone we can onto the personnel carriers. Let's do this."

If everyone's ready to get started, Jim leads his team to the elevators.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9154 on: November 18, 2012, 03:09:25 pm »

((The Spoon Squad has Miyamoto in his battlesuit, Feyri with a Tesla Sabre, Pancaek with his flamethrower, Stacy with an MFM (does Flint even have any equipment?). Not exactly the subtlest bunch of people, I'd say, considering that this squad is apparently for reconnaissance. Although that may change in short order.))

((I think I have the most "normal" equipment. Gauss rifle and a razor. I'll spice my character up a bit when and if I return on ship. I should get a cowboy hat...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9155 on: November 18, 2012, 03:15:13 pm »

The soldier taps the screen and the map shows back up.

"It appears you're ready to go. You. "He points at jim,"Team a. You" points at milno "Team b. You," Points at Miyamoto's group since he's outside, "Team c. The rest, team D."

He points at the screen again.

"You will start here" He indicates the hanger, " Teams a and B will move this way, securing the Quarantine housing, the main elevator and the Long range coms." He traces a path from the hanger through the rooms to the long range com room. "Teams c and d will move the opposite way, through loading and unloading and temporary storage, as well as the sterilization chamber and storage elevator. The Personnel carriers will  be waiting in the hanger for survivors if you find any. When the sweep is done, report in."

He leads the group out of the room and back outside the ship where Miyamoto is tottering around in his battle suit. Together, along with several personnel carries throwing up clouds of gray dust as they rumble along, they make the walk toward the exposed buildings of the colony until the massive doors of the Hanger are in sight. From there, the team goes on their own, automated personnel carriers in tow.

They enter the hanger and the PC's stop with a heavy clunk that is felt but not heard.

The coms crackle on.
"Before you begin your sweeps, someone should find the door controls for the hanger and close and re-pressurize the building."

The hanger itself is different from the one in the sword, a great square expanse with what look like metal cradles consisting of dozens of specially made  robotic limbs hanging from the ceiling. Most of these cradles sit empty and unformed, just metallic tendrils hanging limp, but a few are filled, their great, form fitting, padded hands supporting small ships, holding them up in the air at about half way up the hanger. The few ships there are look like civilian things, small freight or passenger haulers, probably launched from a much larger mother ship to ferry down goods or inhabitants.

The entire arm-cradle system appears to be held on an enormous track, each set of limbs set in a square base that rides along  track in the ceiling that heads toward the loading and unloading area.  It is a massive system. And yet the hanger is almost completely empty and pristine, no signs of damage or unrest, save for a few shipping containers in the corner that appear to have been wrenched open. The controls for the hanger doors look to be almost immediately next to the doors themselves, a small panel visibly blinking red even from a distance.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:17:09 pm by piecewise »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: November 18, 2012, 03:24:26 pm »

Thomas takes up a position by the door to the quarantine housing, then sets his rifle for high power and a single, compact beam.

"Stay with me, May."
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:45:57 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: November 18, 2012, 03:25:35 pm »

Carefully approach the shipping containers at a very slow pace. Examine them for any markings. Deduce what may have been inside of them.

"Shipping containers. Wonder what they had in them. I hope it's not high-grade civic defender weapons. That would be very bad indeed."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9158 on: November 18, 2012, 03:30:24 pm »

"Hey guys, don't you find it strange that there are no signs of struggle here? I mean, if I were trapped here thinking I would die I'd try to get out of here with every ounce of my strength."

Ask the UWM guy:

"Did you have some sort of quarantine in place? I mean how do we know that any survivors didn't take their ships and fled?"

Examine the containers and see what the survivors might have been trying to get.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: November 18, 2012, 03:34:29 pm »

"I don't like this, these containers mean trouble"

stay at a distance, shoulder gun, try to see wether the containers were opened from the outside or forced open from the inside

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: November 18, 2012, 03:39:57 pm »

"What in the worlds..."
Bruce attempts to figure out what was in the supply crates, weapons, food or something else
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: November 18, 2012, 03:40:24 pm »

"Hey, spoon-man, cover me. Look out for any threats."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9162 on: November 18, 2012, 03:43:19 pm »

"Hey, don't y'all go near them containers. Might be an ambush. Some of us must stay in good shape in order to help the others. Also, someone please close that door."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: November 18, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »

"Well, since they appear to have the crates well in hand, let's take a look at these controls."

See what the hangar bay controls are like. If they're simple enough, then go ahead and close/re-pressurize the building.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9164 on: November 18, 2012, 03:48:30 pm »

Thomas takes up a position by the door to the quarantine housing, then sets his rifle for high power and a single, compact beam.
You take up position by the hall leading to the quarantine housing. You can see down the hall that the quarantine housing is sealed off behind a rather imposing looking blast door which someone has marked an enormous red X on.

Carefully approach the shipping containers at a very slow pace. Examine them for any markings. Deduce what may have been inside of them.

"Shipping containers. Wonder what they had in them. I hope it's not high-grade civic defender weapons. That would be very bad indeed."
You walk to the containers with your gun raised, ready for anything. The doors of the metal containers were obviously wrenched open from the outside, though judging from the marks it was done using a lever or a pry bar. The inside of the containers are empty, save for some a copious amount of discarded, shredded clear plastic and metal pallets. The containers themselves lack any sort of marking, beyond a branding for the container manufacturer. You have no idea what was in there, but someone really wanted it.

"Hey guys, don't you find it strange that there are no signs of struggle here? I mean, if I were trapped here thinking I would die I'd try to get out of here with every ounce of my strength."

Ask the UWM guy:

"Did you have some sort of quarantine in place? I mean how do we know that any survivors didn't take their ships and fled?"

Examine the containers and see what the survivors might have been trying to get.
"We have no reports of any ships leaving, however it is possible one or more has escaped. Nearby planets have already been informed; it is none of your concern now."

You examine the crates with Stacy, poking around inside, but find nothing that he has not already seen; just clear plastic and pallets.

"I don't like this, these containers mean trouble"

stay at a distance, shoulder gun, try to see wether the containers were opened from the outside or forced open from the inside

The doors of the container look like they were pried open from the outside, there are square deformations in the lip of one door where the pry bar was dug in and dents in the other from the force exerted on it.

"What in the worlds..."
Bruce attempts to figure out what was in the supply crates, weapons, food or something else
I think you probably can tell this, since EVERYONE ELSE DID THE EXACT SAME THING, but you can't tell what was in those crates, other then it came in plastic and on pallets.

"Well, since they appear to have the crates well in hand, let's take a look at these controls."

See what the hangar bay controls are like. If they're simple enough, then go ahead and close/re-pressurize the building.
You walk over to the control panel. In the center of the flashing red screen is a big button that says "Close Doors". You push the button and the doors begin to slowly grind closed, shuddering to a stop as they meet and oxygen and pressure begins flooding back into the room.

"I am a computer Genius."
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1256