Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3826835 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Death and Butts
« Reply #11235 on: January 07, 2013, 06:07:57 pm »

Team A

With that bit of juvenile stress relief out of his system, Jim heads back outside and looks around for any other likely spot people may be hiding in.

Hmm, well, they gathered in a fairly large building here, the largest one on the street actually. It makes sense that if there are other people around, or at least other groups of people, that they would gather in large buildings as well. Probably not on this street though, on the other streets.

Jim, we should probably at least check in each place on our way back, make sure there's no stragglers.

Check through the buildings, making my way back to the elevator as I do.
Just gonna ignore all the other streets eh?

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

Sweep the remaining area.
"Come out, come out, wherever you are..."

There are several more streets left so you head to the connected street on the right and start looking around. About halfway down the road is a rather large apartment building looking thing on which someone has hung a banner proclaiming "NOT SICK". Huh.

TEAM B

"We don't know what happened exactly, but we think that some people who didn't like him revolted and killed him."

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"If you feel like telling them more, just tell them what we know: that the prison escapees did it. Killed the governor, his daughters and his staff as well as the security forces." Milno pointed out.

Just wait for the results of diplomacy.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

"We don't know what happened exactly, but we think that some people who didn't like him revolted and killed him."

Sing the praises of the HMRC Pantheon over squad coms.

((Not too much else to do while waiting for negotiation to happen))

While the rest of the team waits and or sings improvised hymns over the radios, Thomas continues to talk to the men in the building.

They mummer to each other and to themselves.

"Dead?"

"Bastard deserved it."

"Too bad about his aids."

"Never thought I'd see the day..."

Eventually the man with the gun pressed to your head steps back and lowers his weapon.

"Are you sure the way is safe? We're not taking our families through a minefield."

Team C

Stacy, Team C Button-Misser, Inside Radio Building.

"Ooh, poor fella. Shot himself, looks like. And he was courteous enough to leave a recording! I tell you, Pancaek, we simply do not give these people the credit they deserve! Let's hear that recording, eh?"

Let's hear that recording, eh. Step back a bit after pressing the play button or nearest equivalent. Watch out for plague, mutant or plague-mutant treachery.

[Aux:5]
You scan the console for a moment before finding the playback button and hitting it. For about ten seconds there is nothing but silence before there's the sound of something moving, the mike being bumped and then an out of breath voice comes on.

"They said that the Shost Memorial was going to send up doctors to help deal with the sick here. And they did. And now half the damn block is on fire. To anyone still out there, the survivors are heading toward the outer streets. They're going to try to stop them in the alley's between the main streets. If you can hear this, get out there. We've..." you can hear the speaker move, get out of his chair and go somewhere else in the room. He comes back a minute or two later.

"I can hear em moving down stairs and the door's already hot. I think. I think I'm just gonna put on some music and wait them out."

Pancaek - team c - radio building

"Oh sweet, a trophy!"
"You better have some fething loot on you, dead man"
Take the pistol, check the chamber and magazine for ammo. attempt to see what kind of pistol it is. check the mans pockets and person for stuff.

"shot himself? In the sternum? I do believe this was a murder, not a suicide. Be careful with that recording, little spoon, might be a trap." 

A horrible thought got into Pancaeks mind so he checks if the man's sternum hole is a gunshot wound
The pistol is just a standard civ gauss, and empty at that. You toss it back under the table before looking at the man's chest. You're no ballistics expert, in fact your knowledge of the subject comes almost entirely from corpses you or someone you know create, but this whole looks like a bullet hole.  Entry hole that is, there doesn't seem to be an exit wound.

As for the man's person he doesn't have much on him except for a photograph of himself and what appears to be a wife and children tucked into a wallet along with a currency card and Id.

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Housing block C, Approaching the goblin dark fortress

"Well, I'm going in, wish me luck."

Enter the building, shield up. Check the room for hostiles. Continue shouting non-threats like:"Please, don't do anything foolish.", "Don't shoot we mean you no harm." and "We are here to help."

@Stacy:"Once you're done exploring, see if you can broadcast our intentions through the radio. Maybe someone is still listening." After some thought Flint added:"...And by "our intentions" I mean our intentions to help these people, not shoot them and loot their homes." Normally such a clarification was unnecessary, but you can never know with the HMRC.

You see the thing moving again, and head up into the burned out home after it. You slowly check the rooms, keeping an eye out for movement. As you enter a large, burnt out room you see something dart between two ruined pieces of furniture, an ash colored shadow, almost invisible. It looks like a child.

Wait for Feyri and Flint to check the house. Send blatant lies.mp3 to Pancaek's and Stacy's wristpad in case they're too lazy busy do make their own recording.

You send your MP3 out for The rest of your team, just in case, and then sit tight, stretching sore muscles. This mission has been going on a while.

Team D

Check the old guy for anything he might have on him, everything other than a horrible virus. I don't want that. Examine whatever he has that looks useful or informative.

((Between hangovers and weird schedules myself, a couple of clues never goes astray.))

You find a minidatapad on his person and immediately begin reading through it. It has absolutely nothing helpful on it.

"What the hell man, I though all civilians kept detailed journals about current events!"

((This post coming at you from a tropical island off the coast of QLD in Australia, the home of my grandparents and my current holiday location!))

"Stop waving that thing in my direction, I don't want a new hole where one is not required in my body. Especially not with the plague thing around. The building's clear, so let's move on before we get ourselves killed or something."

Head to the house next to the one that Lukas is going to check and knock on the door for that one. Make sure to stand to the side and behind the doorframe when I do so, incase someone shoots through the door.

You knock on the door of the house next to the one the non-human wrecking ball is eying up. There's no sign of movement or noise or bullets ripping through your spine.

Team D - Lukas

Lukas dusts himself off. "That house is cleared...And redecorated."

Move on to next house. Knock first.

[str:3+2]
You rap ever so justly on the door of the next house. Nothing happens. Damn, it's so freaking hard not to break things. HULK WANTS TO SMASH!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: January 07, 2013, 06:13:08 pm »

Jim followed Mesk over, looked at the sign, and immediately went up to knock lightly on the door. "Housekeeping. Actually, we're here to evac survivors. Any in there?" Jim yelled.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 06:17:51 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11237 on: January 07, 2013, 06:48:40 pm »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Housing block C, Burnt out goblin daycare

@Team C:"Hold your fire! Hold your fire! I think there's a child in here." said Flint, just in case any of his trigger happy friends got any ideas. "I'm going to try and talk to it. Probably just spooked about the whole situation." And rightfully so.

@Miyamoto:"I'm getting out of my suit. Can you try to stay close to it? I wouldn't like anyone stealing it. Especially anyone who may mean us harm."

@Feyri:"I could really use your help here Miss Nirel. A motherly figure is what every scared child needs and you're the closest thing we have to it."

Take a few steps back, preferably out of the room if the door is close, get out of my suit and lift my faceplate to look more human and less intimidating. Enter the room slowly. Try to look friendly and grandfatherly. ((Is that even a word?)) If the child runs follow it. If it stays try to gain its trust. Say:"Howdy there little fella. Relax I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm here to help. Me and my friends have come to take you to a nicer place." If movies were to be believed, it helped distracting traumatized children, either with sweets or with something shiny. If I seem to get the child's attention offer it the (presumably shiny) bottle of Xeno spit. Say: "I bet you must be hungry and thirsty, all alone all this time down here. Do you want some of my special drink? I promise you, it's very good." Don't let the child drink more than a small sip. Flint knew that giving a young child such potent alcohol wasn't exactly right but he didn't really had much to go on. I should have brought some chocolate... he regretted. ((Let's hope the child doesn't know and/or doesn't care about stranger danger, the dangers of candy taking and other such nonsense.))

Unless Feyri does something better in which case try to stay away and not scare the child.

((Hopefully here is where that charisma of mine comes in handy. Unless it's some kind of evil goblin-child that wants to steal my equipment. Sorry for the long text, but so many possibilities here. I'm not going to leave it all up on a speach roll if I can help it. Remember what happened the last time HMRC tried to interact with children? (Spoiler: revenge seeking orphans) And the time before that? (Spoiler: the GM's signature)))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:46:59 am by Parisbre56 »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: January 07, 2013, 06:59:30 pm »

"Yes. We've been back through this way before, and if some of the violent ones come back, we'll protect you."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:32 pm »

Head over with Jim to Mesk.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: January 07, 2013, 08:11:01 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno, still waiting for the results of diplomacy, decided to glance around for any further sign of activity.

Stay wary about any movement readings aside from the ones from the building Thomas is in.

"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: January 08, 2013, 12:07:07 am »

Stacy, Team C Radio Fellow, Radio Room.

"Well, that doesn't really tell us a whole lot we didn't already know. Wonder what a Shost is and why it needs a memorial, though. Oh well. Time to get to work."

Record a message from your friendly neighborhood UWM representative:

"Attention, to anyone who can hear this message. Do not be alarmed, the UWM is here to pick up and save any survivors and deal with any miscreants in a particularly gruesome manner. This is a tip: don't cause trouble and you will be taken to safety, otherwise you will be horribly murdered by a bunch of psychopaths. Trust me on that. I repeat, do not cause trouble and you are likely to be saved, otherwise you will be considered a threat and executed by our gallant officers. If you would be so kind, show yourselves. Remember, we're here to help you. The doctors are all gone, as are the miners and the police. Feel safe in this knowledge and cooperate with us. You will then be taken to a safe location away from all this violence, murder, horror and burning, oh gods, the burning. If you have committed any crimes, they will immediately be forgotten upon delivery. Remember, we're here to help. So don't try to kill us, or else we'll be forced to kill you."

Set this message to play on a loop over the radio and keep a copy on my suit recordings as well. Look for the radio transmitter that produces the signal.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:12:08 am by Harry Baldman »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: January 08, 2013, 02:15:09 am »

Team D - Lukas

Break down door with door.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: January 08, 2013, 02:21:42 am »

'Sure, no problem.'

Stay with Flint's suit.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: January 08, 2013, 07:06:45 am »

"Poor sap"

Pancaek looks at the discarded pistol and id card

"...oh my, brain fart, why would I ever do that!"

Grab the goddamn loot pistol and his Id card and the picture.

"Nice work on the broadcast, little spoon, very artistic. Lead the way"

follow Stacy

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: January 08, 2013, 07:14:00 am »

Bishop shrugs and jogs back into cover as he see's Lukas winding up at the door.

"Sounds like noone's home... I guess we'll clear it after Mr. Wrecking Ball is done making a door for us in the other one."

Get into cover and cover Lukas. Check the street again.

((It's a private island, owned by a friend of the family. My grandparents are caretakers for it and like to let friends stay over with them for a sweet holiday. I got to ride quadbikes, go fishing, watch sea turtles, eat GREAT food and basically chill out and have a good time. Also learnt to never ride a motorbike ever again in my lifetime due to me having troubles with the accelerating grip thingy causing the thing to turn me into a human plow for until I remember to let go. Still had a great time though!))
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:01:31 am by Zako »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: January 08, 2013, 12:27:23 pm »

((It's a private island, owned by a friend of the family. My grandparents are caretakers for it and like to let friends stay over with them for a sweet holiday. I got to ride quadbikes, go fishing, watch sea turtles, eat GREAT food and basically chill out and have a good time. Also learnt to never ride a motorbike ever again in my lifetime due to me having troubles with the accelerating grip thingy causing the thing to turn me into a human plow for until I remember to let go. Still had a great time though!))

((SWEET. Sounds a lot more fun than what we got to do on Moreton island.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: January 08, 2013, 07:11:11 pm »

((I'm starting to understand why the HMRC is such a clusterfuck of thieves, muggers, booze-hounds and nut cases. I love Australia :)
))

Go to the next building across from Lucas. Turn on kinetic amp. Punch front door hard enough to knock it off it's hinges.

"The old guy didn't have squat. Let's speed this up a bit."

On external speakers:"We're here to rescue you. Peacefully if possible. So hurry the fuck up and get outside if there's anyone left here."
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: January 08, 2013, 07:37:57 pm »

((Actually, haow many Aussies do we have in the HMRC. Or people in Australia, visitng or not?
I'm on the Gold Coast if any of you want to catch up for a beer some time. ))
It's a game. Have fun.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11249 on: January 08, 2013, 10:10:19 pm »

Team A

Jim followed Mesk over, looked at the sign, and immediately went up to knock lightly on the door. "Housekeeping. Actually, we're here to evac survivors. Any in there?" Jim yelled.

Head over with Jim to Mesk.

After Jim pounds on the door for a few seconds  a man comes and opens it up. He takes one look at Jim and Simus, screams for a few seconds and then slams the door.

"Ok, admittedly we don't look very friendly but I assure you, all the blood on my hands is from bad people! People who angered and or looked at me funny! You're not looking at me funny in there, are you?"

Team B

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno, still waiting for the results of diplomacy, decided to glance around for any further sign of activity.

Stay wary about any movement readings aside from the ones from the building Thomas is in.

We got a great big jack and shit going on here captain. If there's anyone else in those buildings they're apparently waiting just like you are. You stifle another cough.

"Yes. We've been back through this way before, and if some of the violent ones come back, we'll protect you."

"Fine." the man says, "We'll send a runner around to gather everyone else. How does this evacuation work?"

Team C

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Housing block C, Burnt out goblin daycare

@Team C:"Hold your fire! Hold your fire! I think there's a child in here." said Flint, just in case any of his trigger happy friends got any ideas. "I'm going to try and talk to it. Probably just spooked about the whole situation." And rightfully so.

@Miyamoto:"I'm getting out of my suit. Can you try to stay close to it? I wouldn't like anyone stealing it. Especially anyone who may mean us harm."

@Feyri:"I could really use your help here Miss Nirel. A motherly figure is what every scared child needs and you're the closest thing we have to it."

Take a few steps back, preferably out of the room if the door is close, get out of my suit and lift my faceplate to look more human and less intimidating. Enter the room slowly. Try to look friendly and grandfatherly. ((Is that even a word?)) If the child runs follow it. If it stays try to gain its trust. Say:"Howdy there little fella. Relax I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm here to help. Me and my friends have come to take you to a nicer place." If movies were to be believed, it helped distracting traumatized children, either with sweets or with something shiny. If I seem to get the child's attention offer it the (presumably shiny) bottle of Xeno spit. Say: "I bet you must be hungry and thirsty, all alone all this time down here. Do you want some of my special drink? I promise you, it's very good." Don't let the child drink more than a small sip. Flint knew that giving a young child such potent alcohol wasn't exactly right but he didn't really had much to go on. I should have brought some chocolate... he regretted. ((Let's hope the child doesn't know and/or doesn't care about stranger danger, the dangers of candy taking and other such nonsense.))

Unless Feyri does something better in which case try to stay away and not scare the child.

((Hopefully here is where that charisma of mine comes in handy. Unless it's some kind of evil goblin-child that wants to steal my equipment. Sorry for the long text, but so many possibilities here. I'm not going to leave it all up on a speach roll if I can help it. Remember what happened the last time HMRC tried to interact with children? (Spoiler: revenge seeking orphans) And the time before that? (Spoiler: the GM's signature)))

[char:3+1]
You take off your exoskeleton and lay all your weapons and bag down next to it before walking back into the room with only the bottle of booze in hand. You speak gently to the child and attempt to lure it in. It doesn't run from you but doesn't get any closer. It just stands still, on all fours, and watches as you slowly approach. The kid is completely covered in ash and wearing very little. It's been alone for a long time now, eating god knows what and living in the home where it's parents probably burnt to death. No wonder its gone feral.

Stacy, Team C Radio Fellow, Radio Room.

"Well, that doesn't really tell us a whole lot we didn't already know. Wonder what a Shost is and why it needs a memorial, though. Oh well. Time to get to work."

Record a message from your friendly neighborhood UWM representative:

"Attention, to anyone who can hear this message. Do not be alarmed, the UWM is here to pick up and save any survivors and deal with any miscreants in a particularly gruesome manner. This is a tip: don't cause trouble and you will be taken to safety, otherwise you will be horribly murdered by a bunch of psychopaths. Trust me on that. I repeat, do not cause trouble and you are likely to be saved, otherwise you will be considered a threat and executed by our gallant officers. If you would be so kind, show yourselves. Remember, we're here to help you. The doctors are all gone, as are the miners and the police. Feel safe in this knowledge and cooperate with us. You will then be taken to a safe location away from all this violence, murder, horror and burning, oh gods, the burning. If you have committed any crimes, they will immediately be forgotten upon delivery. Remember, we're here to help. So don't try to kill us, or else we'll be forced to kill you."

Set this message to play on a loop over the radio and keep a copy on my suit recordings as well. Look for the radio transmitter that produces the signal.

You record your message and set it broadcasting on a loop instead of the music. You could swear you hear screaming from somewhere in the distance. Hmm. Perhaps the death threats weren't the best idea.

'Sure, no problem.'

Stay with Flint's suit.

You guard Flint's stuff from any gun stealing demons or armor sabotaging gremlins. Or gun having mean guys. Particularly those.

"Poor sap"

Pancaek looks at the discarded pistol and id card

"...oh my, brain fart, why would I ever do that!"

Grab the goddamn loot pistol and his Id card and the picture.

"Nice work on the broadcast, little spoon, very artistic. Lead the way"

follow Stacy

You grab the...everything that guy had, and get in step behind Stacy.

"Hey stacy, why do you have a girls name? And why do you talk in what I have the strangest feeling is sort of a pinkish color? Also why do you have a t-shirt that says "Hot stuff, coming through"?"

Team D

Team D - Lukas

Break down door with door.

You break down the door with the other door. It's kinda overkill. But thats what makes it fun. The door, or bits of plastic and metal that used to be a door, explodes into the empty building with a lovely KA-POPWOW. You stick your head in, looking for survivors but finding only ruined housewares.

Bishop shrugs and jogs back into cover as he see's Lukas winding up at the door.

"Sounds like noone's home... I guess we'll clear it after Mr. Wrecking Ball is done making a door for us in the other one."

Get into cover and cover Lukas. Check the street again.

You walk into the house that The Iron Giant opened and wander around a bit. No sign of people or anything really. The people inside seem to have packed up and left; there's furniture left and such but no personal effects.

((I'm starting to understand why the HMRC is such a clusterfuck of thieves, muggers, booze-hounds and nut cases. I love Australia :)
))

Go to the next building across from Lucas. Turn on kinetic amp. Punch front door hard enough to knock it off it's hinges.

"The old guy didn't have squat. Let's speed this up a bit."

On external speakers:"We're here to rescue you. Peacefully if possible. So hurry the fuck up and get outside if there's anyone left here."

[uncon:1]

"Alright door, lets see what you're made of." You say, walking up to the door and pounding your fist in your hand. You realize your mistake only after your arm has been pulverized into hamburger meat and sprayed across the wall.

[end:4]
"I have made a mistake."

Ahem

"MEDIC!!!!!"

Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1256