Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831123 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11325 on: January 11, 2013, 04:43:54 pm »

"Uh, how about I play blocker?  They're already scared and probably won't try to get past me, plus the whole I can't hurt people as part of my Hippo- Hippocampus oath thing."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11326 on: January 11, 2013, 04:56:13 pm »

Stacy, Team C DJ, Radio Station.

"Well, now that that's done, I suppose I'll just-"

Stacy remembers something.

"Oh yeah, almost forgot."

Place two pieces of garlic on the dead guy's eyes. Then leave.

"Wait, I remember!"

Don't leave yet. Add an addendum to the recorded and repeating message, if possible.

"Attention, citizens! I just remembered that there is a SPECIAL, SPECIAL OFFER for all you TRUE BELIEVERS out there! You see, if all of you just mosey on along to the ENTRANCE OF YOUR RESPECTIVE BLOCKS, you will get a SPECIAL, ONE-TIME-ONLY REWARD of the best seats on the transports taking you out of here! ONE LUCKY, LUCKY PERSON may even receive the FABULOUS GRAND PRIZE! The prize is a high-quality set of cutlery or a special object of your choice delivered straight to your hands from one of the levels above or below, courtesy of your good buddy Stacy Buttle here! Don't dawdle, come and CLAIM YOUR PRIZES! An additional bonus is that if all of you come over, we might not need to look around the block and discover your respective crimes against humanity, if there indeed are any! So come now! There may be great rewards in it for you!"

Stacy was enjoying this far too much, he found.
You season your corpse  and continue the "Mad Stacy's All Crazy talk, All the Time" radio broadcast. That should do it. Whatever it is.

Name:Flint/Drug Pusher - Team C - Housing block C, a burnt room with a child thrashing about

[sarcasm]Oh, yeah, real helpful.[/sarcasm] Well, they should have written that with BIG RED LETTERS! Who sells these things anyway? Who BUYS these things knowing what they do? I promise, If I ge- WHEN I get out of here, I'm going to sue those assholes so hard they'll end up owning nothing but their minds, their drug addicted money-craving evil minds! And that armory master. Not a single word of warning. She's just giving these things away like they're condoms! I'm going to have a word with her once I get back. Oh, yes, I'm really going to take care of her...

Flint vented his anger by screaming accusations and profanity in his mind for a while longer, until he began to calm down. His eyes fell to the child thrashing about. He couldn't imagine what was going through its head right now. An image of the label of the devil-bottle flashed in his mind again.
Quote from: Xeno-Spit label
Keep out of reach, sight and earshot of children and irresponsible adults.
irresponsible adults
irresponsible
I really am irresponsible, aren't I? First my mother, then my father and my brothers, then my... life choices, then my acting career, then ...her and now this. Why does this keep happening to me? Why do I destroy and corrupt everything I care about? ...Maybe the world is better off without me...

Be depressed. Watch over the child until it becomes either lucid or unconscious.

(...Is it just me, or does Stacy remind anyone else who's seen it of the narrator from Plumbers Don't Wear Ties? XD)
((Stacy is just the kind of crazy I like.))
You mutter angrily to yourself and hold the kid at arm's length as he continues on his bad trip, gnawing at the air and running in place.

"WE CAN'T STOP HERE! THIS IS BAT COUNTRY!"

Admittedly, he did look he was either completely terrified or having a lot of fun. Maybe both.

You figure he should come down soon enough.

"Then let's do it. We'll get up there, find something to block their escape, and then knock every single one of them on their asses if they don't give up. Got it?" Jim looked from Simus to Mesk, nodded, and proceeded upstairs. "Last warning, civilians! If you make me come all the way up there after you, things are going to get violent, and you really don't want that!" Jim yelled as he went up.

Jim is annoyed. Jim wants this shit to be over with. So Jim grabs mesk by the head and walks up stairs, calmly tearing doors off their hinges until he finds the screaming mass of people.

"ALRIGHT!" he yells, sparks spewing from his emoticon face which is displaying a glowing red half >:C "I've had a long day. I've already been  shot several times and fried my brain a few more. And not more then an hour ago I reduced 12 men to red pudding WITH MY MIND! DO YOU THINK I'M HERE TO KILL YOU?! IF I WANTED YOU DEAD, YOU'D BE FUCKING DEAD! SO LISTEN THE FUCK UP! YOU ARE GOING TO FOLLOW THAT LADY" He points at simus, "TO THE DAMN APC'S RIGHT NOW, IN AN ORDERLY FASHION LIKE GOOD LITTLE BOYS AND GIRLS. AND IF YOU DON'T I'M GOING TO BREAK YOUR SPINES AND DRAG YOU THERE MY SELF." And, to punctuate that point, He brings mesk, spine first, down onto his knee with a sickening crunching sound. He then shotputs Mesk's limp body straight through a window and out onto the street below.

"NOW, LINE UP!"

They line up.

"MOVE OUT!"

Simus leads a line of horrified to the point of abject silence out and back to the APC's. Jim walks out onto the street as the group leaves and finds mesk standing next to the door, dusting him self off and eating some food from his bag.

"That was uncalled for." Mesk says with a mouthful of food.

"It worked, didn't it?" Jim says, watching simus lead the survivors away.

"Yeah. I guess. You owe me a sandwich by the way."

"Fine, fine."

"And not a sandwich like they serve on board the ship. Or one that Milno would eat. A good sandwich. A sandwich worth breaking your spine over."

"Fine."

Mesk nods and takes another bite. "Think there are any more survivors around here?"

"I hope not. I'll owe you a fucking buffet by the time we clear this place if there are."

"Uuurrgghh...... Ahhhhhh...... That's better. Heaps better. A little lower....... Mmmmmm, that's nice."

Sambo, in an almost delusional level of pain stands there as Faith cleans up his wound, stops it bleeding and covers it in bandages. There was almost a smile on his face as Faith pumped him full of coagulants with her fangs. He was actually starting to like this. It was almost addictive. Maybe it was possible to enjoy having your arm pulversied? In the HMRC, with Faith as the medic, anything is possible. As the medi-foam did it's wonders and the blood finally stopped gushing from his pulped stump, Sambo came out of his blood-soaked, vaguely erotic reverie.

"Thanks Faith. I swear I won't do it again. The shooting civies part. I could only do the arm thing about one more time before I run out of the damn things anyway."

Patch up suit where I can with gaffer tape and help Faith with whatever she's doing.

"Oh yeah. You were asking about medical training? Well, I've got some bandages, a meat cleaver, some gaffer tape and a bit of basic training from my days in the army. So basically, no. Plus, it's damn hard to fix up an arm with one hand while you're bleeding to death. I'm lucky we've got you instead."

You duck tape over the stump until you have a reasonable seal on the thing. It's not space worthy, but it will stop the blood from getting out.

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"I should have said it before, but you guys can do that back in the ship, unless doing it around the streets is your thing or something." Milno said over comms about the Sambo x Faith affair. "On another note, we are apparently done with herding the civilians here."

Back to the elevator to wait for the rest of the teams.

Spoiler: A-B Teams (click to show/hide)

You walk to the elevator and sit down. You vaguely feel your MKIII inject something into your leg. Eh, whatever.

Brother Lars repeats his question.  "Does anyone know what they call this disease?"

Head to the elevator with Milno.

((Can't recall if Lars heard it or not.))

"Red Cough." Milno tells you as you and the rest of B team all gather at the Elevator. You watch as Simus shows up, trailing a stream of survivors who appear to have the emotional stability of a cat surrounded by firecrackers.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11327 on: January 11, 2013, 04:59:29 pm »

Kanye West.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11328 on: January 11, 2013, 05:06:02 pm »

Simus explains what happened to freak out this batch of survivors to the others.

Jim made a big show of breaking Mesk's spine in front of them to terrify them into getting out of here, lest he do the same to them. Uncalled for, we were planning to just knock them out and bring them back, since they thought Mesk was undead and me and Jim were terrifying, so they were... recalcitrant. But, it worked.

To the survivors:

All right, into the APCs. And sorry about Jim, but we ran into a major conflict with some prison gang upstairs, and even though he doesn't exactly need it, since he's in a full military prosthetic body, having one's head blown off is probably not very fun, and we've very well had enough with stubborn people not wanting to go. At least you didn't have guns to shoot with, or it would've been a bloodbath in all likelihood.

Private channel to Jim:

Well... that worked. Mesk's all right, I'm sure, if he can recover from a bullet through the neck, a broken spine isn't too bad, I hope.

((Third time Jim's broken Mesk's spine?

Next time they're both on a mission together, I might bet that Jim breaks Mesk's spine... again.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11329 on: January 11, 2013, 05:16:19 pm »

((That was awesome.))
Name:Flint - Team C - Housing block C

Well, at least it's having fun. I hope. With a possibly alien drug. Yes, fun.

Wait for the child to become non-tripping. Ask command:"Command, what's going to happen to these children once we get them out of here? What's going to happen to the orphans?" ((Cue puppie eyes and sad violin.))

Flint couldn't help the child; he sucked at helping people (directly at least) that thing was certain. But perhaps he could persuade command to take care of it. Even a UWM goon must have some humanity left in him, enough to help a poor helpless orphan.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:19:44 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11330 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:41 pm »

Stacy, Team C Crazy DJ, In Radio Room.

Stacy believes his work is done here. These people. Are. Enlightened.

"Got anything you want to say to these fine people, Pancaek?"

Leave if he doesn't, assist him if he does. Either way, get to Miyamoto after the business is done.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11331 on: January 11, 2013, 05:58:30 pm »

WAit for the elevator!

"Hey, May? Uh... Can I tell you something real quick?"

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11332 on: January 11, 2013, 06:00:32 pm »

WAit for the elevator!

"NO."

"......okay."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11333 on: January 11, 2013, 06:05:17 pm »

(XD That's the second time that PW just decided Jim was going to do that without any input from me. I'll own the first break, but the latter two are all on the GM. :P Still hilarious though.

@Pyro: That's probably a safe bet. >.>)

Jim patted Mesk on the shoulder lightly. "I don't know when the next time we can get 'real food' would be, but if on a future mission I find something I'll bring it back for ya. Now, let's keep looking." With that, Jim moved another street over and continued sweeping for survivors. To Simus, he said, "He's already up and walking around. We're going to keep looking for survivors; meet up with us when you can."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:48:24 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11334 on: January 11, 2013, 06:36:48 pm »

WAit for the elevator!

"NO."

"......okay."
"So, while you were unconscious, y'know, I killed someone, and it's related to you... Bruce, I think. He insulted you and then he slapped you, so I uhh, I gutted him with that razor I have."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11335 on: January 11, 2013, 06:45:16 pm »

"....Okie. :3"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11336 on: January 11, 2013, 06:57:52 pm »

"....Okie. :3"
He breaks into a wide smile and moves closer to her, relaxing and leaning against the wall.
"Alrighty. Just wanted to make sure you knew."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:19:15 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11337 on: January 11, 2013, 07:27:01 pm »

"Got anything you want to say to these fine people, Pancaek?"

"Nah, they ain't hobos anyhow. And even if they were, we lost our good knife some time ago. Let's get to big spoon."
"Also, technically these people are all homeless now, but we don't have enough fuel for all of them.",They thought.
Follow stacy to Miyamoto, if we pass any of the survivors, attempt to amuse them by juggling spoons

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11338 on: January 11, 2013, 11:24:10 pm »

Bishop shrugged and ignored the feeling like there was an angry outburst from a damaged piece of machinery somewhere that was put to good use.

"Faith, that's kinda gross and unsanitary too, not to mention the whole plague thing that's going on here.

Anyway, there's got to be a faster way of doing this than just going from door to door... Any ideas guys?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11339 on: January 11, 2013, 11:55:05 pm »

Will do, Jim.

If you don't mind me asking, what did Mesk get to give him such... extreme regenerative power?

Herd the shocked civilians onto the transport, then regroup with Jim and Mesk.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 754 755 [756] 757 758 ... 1256