Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832214 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11730 on: January 28, 2013, 10:21:32 am »

"Hmmm... I don't know." said Flint, briefly stopping the chiseling to consider his options. "On the one hand there may be explosives in there so if you use your amp you will asplode them from a safe distance but you'll also probably destroy whatever is inside too. On the other hand I could continue doing this but, since no-one with see-through-door powers has volunteered to check the other side for explosives, I could end up with an explosion in my face if I squeeze the door too hard... Hey, I've got an idea! Can this calculator of yours cause things to be cooler instead of hotter? I've seen this trick in a movie once, where there was this bomb they couldn't diffuse in time so they used liquid nitrogen to supercool it and stop it from exploding. If we freeze the door to near absolute zero, we can open it safely while still keeping whatever is inside intact, since morgues are usually kept cold anyway." IF that wasn't just movie magic. "If you don't think you can do it though, just cut it open." After a brief pause he added:"And wait for me to stand a bit back first."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: January 28, 2013, 10:32:21 am »

"We've all hit a snag here. Bunch of doctors decided to try and shoot us and Jim killed them except for one. The last one is bleeding out and has a what looks like a detonator in his hand and is threatening to blow us up. I can't see any obvious signs of bomb placement but there's plenty of places to put some around here.

Miya is trying to talk him down but I don't like his odds with this guy, he's pretty unhinged. I'm pulling back. Let's hope the whole building isn't rigged to explode and collapse on everything inside. I'll head over to you looking for bombs and we can figure out something while this guy bleeds out."

Feyri blinked.

"a-b...What?!

"So, wait, detonator?! Nobody said that in the first place! Either a bomb or a disease containment ward!"

Feyri tried to address the doctor whom Bishop was talking about by trying to channel her voice over all known frequencies - her allies, included.

"Attention you who may want to kill us. We aren't against you, nor are we wanting to kill you. We're only here to find out what has happened and aid whomever was affected by the Governor of this place, or whatever the disease has done if we can. Or what the miners did."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: January 28, 2013, 10:46:51 am »

Team D - Lukas

Lukas opens a private comm channel to Miyamoto: "I could try to cut his hand off from the wrist with my laser gun and bullseye mode activated. I'm only afraid that what he is holding might explode on impact or something. Keep trying to talk him out of it."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: January 28, 2013, 11:07:52 am »

"Hmmm... I don't know." said Flint, briefly stopping the chiseling to consider his options. "On the one hand there may be explosives in there so if you use your amp you will asplode them from a safe distance but you'll also probably destroy whatever is inside too. On the other hand I could continue doing this but, since no-one with see-through-door powers has volunteered to check the other side for explosives, I could end up with an explosion in my face if I squeeze the door too hard... Hey, I've got an idea! Can this calculator of yours cause things to be cooler instead of hotter? I've seen this trick in a movie once, where there was this bomb they couldn't diffuse in time so they used liquid nitrogen to supercool it and stop it from exploding. If we freeze the door to near absolute zero, we can open it safely while still keeping whatever is inside intact, since morgues are usually kept cold anyway." IF that wasn't just movie magic. "If you don't think you can do it though, just cut it open." After a brief pause he added:"And wait for me to stand a bit back first."

"Dude, that is... the best idea I've heard all day! I'll try it right now! Although it does clash with the friendly cook image I've been attempting to conjure so far. Well, no matter."
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:13:05 am by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: January 28, 2013, 11:40:05 am »

on channel to Flint and Stacy: "So, little spoon and old man. How's it going over there, need any help? We've run into a bit of a snag over here and I've become combat-unable, so give me a call if you need an extra pair of eyes or something."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: January 28, 2013, 11:43:52 am »

on channel to Flint and Stacy: "So, little spoon and old man. How's it going over there, need any help? We've run into a bit of a snag over here and I've become combat-unable, so give me a call if you need an extra pair of eyes or something."

"Get over here, Spoonmeister, I think something awesome is about to happen. Besides, an extra magical integrated brain calculator couldn't hurt, you know. We're about to breach the morgue!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11736 on: January 28, 2013, 11:44:13 am »

"Dude, that is... the best idea I've heard all day! Although it does clash with the friendly cook image I've been attempting to conjure so far. Well, no matter."
@Stacy: With his wise old kung-fu master voice Flint said:"Cookman-san, remember this piece of ancient chef wisdom before you do honorable battle: Even the best cook must know that sometimes he just has to put things in the freezer, or else they will go stale. Keep this knowledge close to your heart as you face off against Door, our ancient and most greatest enemy, and you will succeed in your quest to bring culinary delight to all." He kept moving his mouth after the end of each sentence in an over the top way, as an effort to imitate the way actors of that genre acted, an ancient tradition dating back to the origins of kung-fu movies. What its purpose was nobody remembered, but Flint was a sucker for tradition.
"So, little spoon and old man. How's it going over there, need any help? We've run into a bit of a snag over here and I've become combat-unable, so give me a call if you need an extra pair of eyes or something."
@Pancaek: "Sorry, nothing here that needs burning or stabbing." Or crazy. "You can act as backup though, in case Stacy isn't 'cool' enough, he he he."

((Editing action. Oh, and the best idea in the entire mission in my opinion was entering the police department through the window. That saved us a lot of trouble and death. And the fact that I looted this lovely suit, but that hasn't benefited anyone else... yet.))
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 11:49:25 am by Parisbre56 »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: January 28, 2013, 12:31:59 pm »

"Y'know May, you really are a unique person."
"Hmmm... I don't know." said Flint, briefly stopping the chiseling to consider his options. On the other hand I could continue doing this but, since no-one with see-through-door powers has volunteered to check the other side for explosives,
"Hey, I've got some different wavelengths in the helmet I might be able to use to look through there. No guarantees."
Try and scan May. Don't do it if we're having trouble figuring it out. Then head back, and try the different vision types to look through the door.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 06:17:50 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: January 28, 2013, 01:39:13 pm »

to stacy and old man's comms: "Roger, backup hobbling your way" "feeling useless are we? good"

Move towards the entrance of the morgue where Stacy and Flint are, keep a decent distance from the door, preferably behind some kind of cover

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:13 am »

He kept moving his mouth after the end of each sentence in an over the top way, as an effort to imitate the way actors of that genre acted, an ancient tradition dating back to the origins of kung-fu movies. What its purpose was nobody remembered, but Flint was a sucker for tradition.
((You never fail to make me laugh XD

Its due to the translations at the era before. Words are spoken at different length and there were minute differences from the transcribed language and the original one where the movie//play was written.

The effect of this is very memorable though.))

((Editing action. Oh, and the best idea in the entire mission in my opinion was entering the police department through the window. That saved us a lot of trouble and death. And the fact that I looted this lovely suit, but that hasn't benefited anyone else... yet.))
((Nobody got blown up, and you're a better meatshield than my shield, so that has benefited people.))

Private Squad Channel C.
"I recall people talking about miners and their cause in all this...

"Whoever is in a mining suit, talk to the survivor! Or...the opposite if you're in a suit and talking to the doctor..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11740 on: January 29, 2013, 01:23:39 am »

((Irony...Milno... :/

We'll find a way.))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - The Corridor outside the Laboratory.

"Thanks for re-sending those pictures Stacy." Feyri said as she began moving out of the Hospital, marking a perimeter at the entrance to the grounds of the area.

A-D Squad Private Channel
"Miya, have you found anything? Same goes for you Flint. I'll just stick outside and guard the Hospital perimeter. Also, how fares those doctors? I hear no gunfire or shots so...I assume you're handling the situation?"

Ah, the joy of generalization.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

=+=Private Channel: James Kelly=+=
"I-infected?...I- just hope that they've at least scavenged some information for anyone else who would've entered this place.

"I mean, surely they didn't lose hope - just because there was a tyrannical governor doesn't mean everyone lost their minds and went all gun-ho on survival. There must be something we've overlooked, or would still find out right?"

Tense standoff between your friends and some guy threatening TPK? FUCK THAT NOISE, You're gonna go out and fucking draw a line around the fucking hospital. God you are so useful right now.

You ditch your team and robo-lover and head outside to march around the front of the hospital. Each time you make a full pass and turn around you whisper "I'm helping" over the coms.

Over. And over. And over. And over.

"I'm helping."

We'll find a way.))
((I already have a potential, easy Plan B. Dunno how effective it'll be, though.))

"Yeah, I'll come take a look at those. I doubt they'll have anything interesting, but who knows."

Examine and attempt to gain access to administrative computers. Look for anything interesting if I succeed.
[aux:3+1]
Well, miss leet hackzor can't quite get it right. You manage to get in far enough to see the files and folders but can't actually open anything because it's all encrypted. This is some pretty high level shit for an admin computer, even at a hospital.

"If they're hiding it this well then it must be good. I'm guessing it involves asian girls and the use of things they call "Personal Massagers"."

We'll find a way.))
((I already have a potential, easy Plan B. Dunno how effective it'll be, though.))

((Does it happen to rhyme with 'train in a jar'? :P ))

Keep slowly backing away, but keep facing the man. also try to look if there are any other survivors.

"Ok then, first things first: what is that thing you're holding in your hand? And secondly, just think for a minute: what, exactly, is your end game here? Sit here for a few more months before you die of starvation? It's not like you have any other means of escape, but if you come with us, you still have a chance to survive and make it out of here. If you don't trust us, fine, but what other choice do you even have? Would you rather have certain death over a chance at survival?

Private channel to Jim: "Jim, get ready to fry him. Don't do it just yet though, maybe I can convince him to surrender. And if not, he might give us some more info on the disease."

"This is a deadman switch wired to an 1/8th kiloton bomb." the man says, still holding it out at you while he tries to deal with his wounds. "So stop worrying about my end game and start worrying about being reduced to atomic sludge!"

((I struck-through the control bit, Paris.))

To the man:

From what we've seen, if anyone tried purging, it was you and your comrades here. In a fairly unprofessional fashion, I might add. Now, should I call for our psychokinetic members to deal with you in such a way that you can't do anything even if you wanted to, or are you going to be a man and leave? Look at your former friends that tried to go firing squad on us. It will be worse than relativistic office supplies.

To the team:

I'm no computer breaker, but I might be able to draw something from the data once we're at it.
"Try it." The man says, "But you better be careful, or it's gonna be the last thing you ever do."

Bishop ducked back around the corner and began silently backing off after Milno, putting a private channel to Feyri.

"We've all hit a snag here. Bunch of doctors decided to try and shoot us and Jim killed them except for one. The last one is bleeding out and has a what looks like a detonator in his hand and is threatening to blow us up. I can't see any obvious signs of bomb placement but there's plenty of places to put some around here.

Miya is trying to talk him down but I don't like his odds with this guy, he's pretty unhinged. I'm pulling back. Let's hope the whole building isn't rigged to explode and collapse on everything inside. I'll head over to you looking for bombs and we can figure out something while this guy bleeds out."

Quietly leave and head towards Feyri's position, looking for bombs along the way where they would take out the supporting walls.
You follow feyri out, looking around as you go. Well, you're no goddamn architect, but if you were gonna blow the hell out of a building you'd probably blow up the main support structures, and those, as far as you can tell, don't have anything bomblike strapped to them, least nothing that looks like a bomb. Do bombs look like pictures of coastlines? Probably not.

Stacy, Team C DJ, Imaging.

Head over to the morgue door.

To Flint: "Hey, buddy, need any help? I think I could open this up with my own magical pocket calculator."

If Flint doesn't mind, open up an entrance hole about a foot in radius by melt-cutting it with the manipulator. If I actually get to attempt this, move Flint out of the way first. Far out of the way. Stand around a corner myself if possible when trying this. Attempt to use MFM to freeze the door to near-absolute zero temperatures after moving Flint out of the way to someplace safe. Keep away from the door. FAR away from the door.

[Uncon:1+1]

You sort of rub the manipulator across the door while screaming "I CAST ICE! ICASTICE!"

Feyri blinked.

"a-b...What?!

"So, wait, detonator?! Nobody said that in the first place! Either a bomb or a disease containment ward!"

Feyri tried to address the doctor whom Bishop was talking about by trying to channel her voice over all known frequencies - her allies, included.

"Attention you who may want to kill us. We aren't against you, nor are we wanting to kill you. We're only here to find out what has happened and aid whomever was affected by the Governor of this place, or whatever the disease has done if we can. Or what the miners did."

SORRY, YOU'RE OUTSIDE BEING HELPFUL.

(Remember that thing about crossing out posts you don't want me to do?)

"Y'know May, you really are a unique person."
"Hmmm... I don't know." said Flint, briefly stopping the chiseling to consider his options. On the other hand I could continue doing this but, since no-one with see-through-door powers has volunteered to check the other side for explosives,
"Hey, I've got some different wavelengths in the helmet I might be able to use to look through there. No guarantees."
Try and scan May. Don't do it if we're having trouble figuring it out. Then head back, and try the different vision types to look through the door.
Scan May with what? Heat? x-ray? motion sensing? They reveal she is hot, solid and still.

As per that door, they reveal slightly more interesting things. Heat shows that whatever is behind the door is throwing off low amounts of heat, only a few degrees higher then background though. X-ray can't see through the door and motion reveals that the door is very slightly vibrating.

to stacy and old man's comms: "Roger, backup hobbling your way" "feeling useless are we? good"

Move towards the entrance of the morgue where Stacy and Flint are, keep a decent distance from the door, preferably behind some kind of cover

You hobble behind flint and hide behind the bulk of his bloody robot ass.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: January 29, 2013, 01:33:36 am »

((The usefulness was on a whole different manner :/))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Outside the Hospital.

"Status report, please. How fares diplomacy with the doctor?" Feyri said, "And...how many places were barricaded again? The walled off graveyard, and the morgue, right?"

((Also,
I'm guessing it involves asian girls and the use of things they call "Personal Massagers"."
Really  :-\ ...))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: January 29, 2013, 01:37:00 am »

((Whoops. I meant with the imaging machines.))Thomas motions for people to back away from the door, his eyes widening.
"Hey, stop for a moment. I found out somethings that are kinda wierd.

So, uh, the door is vibrating. I can't say why but it is. Also, there's something heated back there. Not too much, but it's giving off a signal. Could be a body."
Keep looking, try and get a basic shape of the heat source and intuit what it is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11743 on: January 29, 2013, 02:52:16 am »

((The usefulness was on a whole different manner :/))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Outside the Hospital.

"Status report, please. How fares diplomacy with the doctor?" Feyri said, "And...how many places were barricaded again? The walled off graveyard, and the morgue, right?"

((Also,
I'm guessing it involves asian girls and the use of things they call "Personal Massagers"."
Really  :-\ ...))
Clearly you have something wrong with helpful asian women teaching doctors how to perform therapeutic massage?

((Whoops. I meant with the imaging machines.))Thomas motions for people to back away from the door, his eyes widening.
"Hey, stop for a moment. I found out somethings that are kinda wierd.

So, uh, the door is vibrating. I can't say why but it is. Also, there's something heated back there. Not too much, but it's giving off a signal. Could be a body."
Keep looking, try and get a basic shape of the heat source and intuit what it is.
You can't really tell what the shape of it is, it's like the whole room is warm.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: January 29, 2013, 02:57:48 am »

Now look at the doors vibrations.
"Scratch that. The whole room is warm. Hey, what's supposed to be behind here anyway?"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:01:16 am by Spinal_Taper »
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1256