Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832210 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11745 on: January 29, 2013, 03:23:36 am »

Jim got up, left the hospital, and advised his teammates to do the same over coms (no loudspeakers). Let the bastard blow himself up. I'm not sticking around for that. Instead he went back to the graveyard to poke around a bit and maybe get a moment's peace and quiet to relax his aching brain.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11746 on: January 29, 2013, 04:43:44 am »

Clearly you have something wrong with helpful asian women teaching doctors how to perform therapeutic massage?
((Erm, no...))

"...Doesn't anyone have any radio transmitters here? Signal catchers or disruptors? What's going on above us?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11747 on: January 29, 2013, 06:10:39 am »

Stacy, Team C DJ and Calculator Fondler, Outside Morgue.

"Come on, baby, I cast ice! WHY WON'T YOU CAST ICE, DAMN IT ALL!"

Stacy rages for a few moments, then calms down.

"Wait, shit. There's buttons. And I have to push them. Right."

A moment of silence.

"I suppose I'll get to it, then."

Try once again to cool the damn door down to about 1 K after Flint's checked it. Make sure I am as far away as I can reasonably manage while keeping the +1 bonus while I do so in case of violent explosions or violent zombies or an unusually violent Flint. Or Pancaek, for that matter.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:49:36 am by Harry Baldman »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11748 on: January 29, 2013, 06:19:03 am »

To the man:

Very well. Just remember that you had three options here: Die alone, Die trying to kill us, or Go up and possibly live. You have chosen the former two, the ones that ensure your death.

Follow Jim out.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11749 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:49 am »

"Relax, little spoon." talking like an ancient Sensei: "Getting kerfuffled won't help at all, you need to concentrate solely on your manipulator and the door. Feel the flow of the earth and stand in between the waves of the yin and yang, only in that state of apathy can you succeed"
"Now you're just talking out of your ass"
"Try again, I will help if you have trouble"

stand a safe distance away. If stacy fails at freezing the door, step in and freeze it with my amp Follow Flint's orders
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 08:27:58 am by Pancaek »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11750 on: January 29, 2013, 08:09:59 am »

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital, Administration

"Heat in the morgue? That's not right... Maybe there's some kind of machine in there? Better freeze the entire room then if you can, not just the door, just in case there's something more complex in there. Or maybe they used the booze as fuel for a generator? Or maybe its people? Wait, guys, let me check something first." said Flint as he opened up the exosuit and brought his helmet close to the door, raising his right hand like a general ready to give the 'Fire!' order. "Okay, on my order..."

BEFORE STACY AND PANCAEK DO THEIR ACTIONS: Open my exosuit and put my helmet on the door.

If I hear something that may indicate there are people in there (screams, respirators or other medical stuff) or a generator or engine then order Stacy and Panceak to freeze the door.

If I hear anything else (including nothing) then order them to freeze the entire room (or the portion of the room behind the door if the room is too large).

Stand in front of Stacy and Panceak while they work in order to protect them while they work. Regardless of whether or not they are successful then break the door by repeatedly chiseling it and ramming it.

((Sorry for all these conditional statements.))
((You never fail to make me laugh XD

Its due to the translations at the era before. Words are spoken at different length and there were minute differences from the transcribed language and the original one where the movie//play was written.

The effect of this is very memorable though.))
((I'm glad all those hours of my life I've spent hearing jokes are finally paying off. Now I just need a way to make all those hours I've spent looking at images of lolcats useful...

Also, I know that, my character doesn't though, so he just thinks it's how people of the time used to act. I think everybody in the UWM speaks English so he wouldn't know what dubbing is. Maybe I should ask piecewise about what is going on with languages in this universe in his next Q&A.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:21:30 am by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11751 on: January 29, 2013, 08:27:19 am »

"Heat in the morgue? That's not right... Maybe there's some kind of machine in there? Better freeze the entire room then if you can, not just the door, just in case there's something more complex in there. Or maybe they used the booze as fuel for a generator? Or maybe its people? Wait, guys, let me check something first." said Flint as he opened up the exosuit and brought his helmet close to the door, raising his right hand like a general ready to give the 'Fire!' order. "Okay, on my order..."
"And now the old man is bossing us around, wonderful"
"Right-o, waiting for signal"
((edited previous post))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11752 on: January 29, 2013, 08:45:53 am »

"Right, Pancaek, you try freezing the area behind the door while I'll try to get the door itself. Well, if the sensei gives the word, of course."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11753 on: January 29, 2013, 09:08:26 am »

"I believe Flint is more of a "Shifu" than a sensei if my knowledge of kung fu flicks is still intact. He even has that strange tick where his mouth keeps moving after he stops speaking. But I agree on waiting for his order, wouldn't want to freeze a room full of refugees to death."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11754 on: January 29, 2013, 10:12:23 am »

((Oh damn.  Lars missed his chance to try religion in a negotiation.))

Lars bowed his head and sighed, then addressed the wounded man.

"May the light of Steve guide your path, servant of Emar-i."

Follow Jim et al out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11755 on: January 29, 2013, 10:35:12 am »

Miyamoto 'Big Spoon' De Bergerac, team C leader

To all: "Shit guys, this man won't budge. I suggest ya'll get out of the building before he detonates the nuke he claims he has lying around here. Problem is, Command probably won't appreciate it if we just leave him here, so I think we'll have to deal with him some way or another. Now, we could try to find this bomb of his and defuse it, but that would be extremely risky for the one defusing. We could leave him here to bleed out, but again that could pose a problem in the long run. And I'm affraid we won't be able to disable him before he blows this joint. We could try to get him from afar though, does anyone know if it's possible to use amps without line of sight?

Either way, I'll be trying to fix the lift now so we can move on. Bishop, would you care to come give me a hand with that?"

Say this to the man, give him our radio frequency, then leave the hospital and try to see what's wrong with the elevator:

"Fine, suit yourself. But know that it's not to late to come with us. Think about it, and let me know once we pass this level again on our way up. After that though, you're on your own. And if they come to sterilize this place once we've left... "
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 10:51:48 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11756 on: January 29, 2013, 11:02:13 am »

"Hey guys. The door. It's... Fuck it."
With a sigh, Thomas left the door and left them to do what they wished with the door. He took a seat next to May and just watched whatever was going to happen.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11757 on: January 29, 2013, 11:05:41 am »

Miyamoto, he's made his choice. Let him bleed out if he so wishes.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11758 on: January 29, 2013, 11:08:31 am »

Miyamoto, he's made his choice. Let him bleed out if he so wishes.

"I'm not really worrying about him, but more about what Command will do to us if they find out we let a civilian behind in here. Remember they still hold the trigger to our spine shockers."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11759 on: January 29, 2013, 11:21:00 am »

((So, let me see this from the perspective of the doctors... I survived a horrible disease. I probably had something to do with the release of said disease. I definitely had something to do with the death of many civilians. I know there's a UWM purge squad coming so me and my friends set some traps and barricade ourselves in the labs. While we are all huddling together hoping we won't die we hear an explosion; a sign that our trap worked and that the UWM is coming. Then, as we wait we hear some noise outside. We turn to look but there is noth- OH MY GOD! A GIANT ROBOT JUST CAME IN THROUGH THE WALL! SHOOT IT! SHOO- WHAT THE FU- *boom* Oh.. Oh crap... Is that an office leg sticking out of me? I had this dead man switch somewhere around here... (or was it just a pen?) What? I can't hear so well after that explosion. The robot says he wants to save us? Fuck those liars! They probably know about the bomb we have here and want me to let my guard down. Oh man I'm bleeding... They killed everyone... I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO ME ANYMORE, YOU KILLED EVERYONE! THAT PEN/DETONATOR IS ALL I HAVE LEFT! GO AWAY! GO- Wait, he's leaving? Just like that? Uh, what did just happen? What am I going to do now? ((1)No. it's just a trick. He'll come back./(2)You don't get to walk away after what you did! After what I did! *click* *boom*/(3)No! Wait! Come back! I don't want to be alone. Can I threaten you just a bit more?)

Also, "Yay! Everyone is either running away or looting exploring!" Back to standard HMRC tactics.))

Cowards are just going to leave us in here? "Errm, guys, are you just gonna leave the murderous man in a mentally questionable state with a detonator (that may or may not be a pen) all alone while we're still in here exploring? No 'esprit de corps' at all? Can't you at least keep him busy until we're done? Make sure he doesn't do anything crazy? There may be 'patients' hidden in here. We can't let him detonate this whatever he has until we know the building is clear of innocents. Where's a hostage negotiator when you need one..." muttered Flint as he approached his teammates, ready to shield them from the effects of what they were about to do.
Pages: 1 ... 782 783 [784] 785 786 ... 1256