Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 784 785 [786] 787 788 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808624 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11775 on: January 29, 2013, 02:30:14 pm »

((Nuclear bombs don't give off that much radiation, most energy is used for the blast after all. And in case of a broken elevator, we have enough people to fly you guys up. It's not that what you guys are saying is untrue, but still, say that, if we do find this bomb, who is going to defuse it?))
((From the link to the gun with the 10-20 ton of TNT equivalent yield I posted earlier:"Both recoilless guns proved to have poor accuracy in testing, so the shell's greatest effect would have been its extreme radiation hazard. The M-388 would produce an almost instantly lethal radiation dosage (in excess of 10,000 rem) within 500 feet (150 m), and a probably fatal dose (around 600 rem) within a quarter mile (400 m)." And this presumed nuclear device has a yield equivalent to 125 tons of TNT))
(What if we took the bomb, put it on the elevator, fixed the elevator, sent it up to Command, then annoyed the guy into detonating it? NO OVERSIGHT! WE'RE FREE TO DO WHAT WE WANT! :D)
((But there are almost no civilians left to toy with/torture/'save'! We would get bored out of our minds.))
+1
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:35:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11776 on: January 29, 2013, 02:42:38 pm »

((And in case of a broken elevator, we have enough people to fly you guys up.))

((Well, Jim could gravity uppercut the entire team into the ceiling of the elevator, yes. Milno is developing plague symptoms at an alarming rate. Miyamoto has 10 jump charges, though it hardly seems like that would be enough to carry the entire team up. Who's left?))

(What if we took the bomb, put it on the elevator, fixed the elevator, sent it up to Command, then annoyed the guy into detonating it? NO OVERSIGHT! WE'RE FREE TO DO WHAT WE WANT! :D)

((You know, now that I think about it, the 1/8th kiloton bomb is surprisingly good value for money. Definitely a worthy acquisition for 2 tokens, considering the damage it can cause. Not nearly as much as an MFM, but way better than a laser rifle.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11777 on: January 29, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »

((We have Bishop, who has a mk III. And my battlesuit is a mobility one, meaning I have two large boosters on my back allowing flight. And the problem with the nuclear bombs is that they're one-use, and very situational.

@paris: I was going from my general knowledge that a decently designed nuclear bomb will transfer as much energy as it can into the initial blast. There will be fall-out, sure, but not as much as most people think.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11778 on: January 29, 2013, 06:35:01 pm »

((HEY PARTY PEOPLE. What's going on?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11779 on: January 29, 2013, 07:02:38 pm »

((Dead man's switch usually means a button that has to remain pressed so that the bomb won't explode in low tech situations or a bomb that will detonate if it stops receiving a signal from a heart rate monitor in high tech situations. So unless he's bluffing, him dieing would surely be bad news for everyone in the hospital, probably everyone on the entire floor and even the floors above and below if the explosion causes a cave in. And that's not counting the radiation if the thing is nuclear. BUT, you CAN always convince him to not detonate the thing. Or at least keep him occupied until we leave the level or find the bomb.))
((Let me just discount the bolded part.

Jim's shrapnel attack would've killed anyone. ANYONE, and he's specifically being like that? No.

I believe it either depends on the number of registered hospital officials who still live, going with your heart rate monitor - OR, he's really bluffing. Because it would be really funny if there was a bomb based on the number of registered health personnel alive.

...He's bluffing. It's just a pen.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11780 on: January 29, 2013, 07:08:24 pm »

((HEY PARTY PEOPLE. What's going on?))
((One vibrating door in front of a heated room is jammed.

Also, theres a guy with a hypothetical detonator to a hypothetical nuke.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11781 on: January 30, 2013, 01:01:26 am »

((Where did he even get this 1/8th kiloton bomb from anyway? This is a COLONY, not some kind of military outpost! Still, they had gauss assault rifles so they must have some kind of hardware here.

So either he's bluffing and just holding a pen or he really has a bomb of some kind, probably jury rigged from other bomb supplies, and is actually a threat.))

"Alright, I'm heading over to the elevator and I'll see if I can get it working again. By the way, take a good look at the detonator he's holding Miya and tell me what it looks like. He must just be bluffing. Also, ask where they got military hardware from cause a 1/8th kiloton bomb just doesn't pop out of nowhere."

Head on over to the elevator and take a look at what the hold up is. Plug into the controlling computer and see if anything weird is happening too, but don't mess with anything.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11782 on: January 30, 2013, 01:04:32 am »

Now look at the doors vibrations.
"Scratch that. The whole room is warm. Hey, what's supposed to be behind here anyway?"

The vibrations are very very small, like the vibration of a running hardrive or maybe even less.

Jim got up, left the hospital, and advised his teammates to do the same over coms (no loudspeakers). Let the bastard blow himself up. I'm not sticking around for that. Instead he went back to the graveyard to poke around a bit and maybe get a moment's peace and quiet to relax his aching brain.

You drag yourself up and limp out of the hospital, waving to feyri on the way.

"Hey honey, just gonna go hang around with corpses."

"You know they prefer to be called 'teammates'"

"No, I mean actual corpses. In the graveyard. Nothing makes my brain stop bleeding faster then laying on a big ol' bed of dead people."

"Oh, ok. Have fun."

"Always do."

You go out to the cemetery and lay on the softest pile of corpses you can find.

Stacy, Team C DJ and Calculator Fondler, Outside Morgue.

"Come on, baby, I cast ice! WHY WON'T YOU CAST ICE, DAMN IT ALL!"

Stacy rages for a few moments, then calms down.

"Wait, shit. There's buttons. And I have to push them. Right."

A moment of silence.

"I suppose I'll get to it, then."

Try once again to cool the damn door down to about 1 K after Flint's checked it. Make sure I am as far away as I can reasonably manage while keeping the +1 bonus while I do so in case of violent explosions or violent zombies or an unusually violent Flint. Or Pancaek, for that matter.
[uncon:3+1]
You tell the door to chill out and it actually kinda works. Doesn't go down to absolute zero ranges, but it goes down. However, something not entirely expected happens: the door starts to bulge outward in a worrying sort of fashion, like something is pressing against it from inside the room.

To the man:

Very well. Just remember that you had three options here: Die alone, Die trying to kill us, or Go up and possibly live. You have chosen the former two, the ones that ensure your death.

Follow Jim out.

"Yeah, cool. You stay here and bleed, I'm gonna go not do that."

You follow jim out but decide to hang around with Feyri rather then cuddle with corpses.

"Relax, little spoon." talking like an ancient Sensei: "Getting kerfuffled won't help at all, you need to concentrate solely on your manipulator and the door. Feel the flow of the earth and stand in between the waves of the yin and yang, only in that state of apathy can you succeed"
"Now you're just talking out of your ass"
"Try again, I will help if you have trouble"

stand a safe distance away. If stacy fails at freezing the door, step in and freeze it with my amp Follow Flint's orders

You decide to take a couple of extra steps back. Just in case.

"Zombies aren't real....right? They're like sharks, right? Just myths?"

"Sharks are real."

"OH MY GOD THERE ARE SHARKS BEHIND THAT DOOR!"

Name:Flint/Deeper Scum - Team C - Hospital, Administration

"Heat in the morgue? That's not right... Maybe there's some kind of machine in there? Better freeze the entire room then if you can, not just the door, just in case there's something more complex in there. Or maybe they used the booze as fuel for a generator? Or maybe its people? Wait, guys, let me check something first." said Flint as he opened up the exosuit and brought his helmet close to the door, raising his right hand like a general ready to give the 'Fire!' order. "Okay, on my order..."

BEFORE STACY AND PANCAEK DO THEIR ACTIONS: Open my exosuit and put my helmet on the door.

If I hear something that may indicate there are people in there (screams, respirators or other medical stuff) or a generator or engine then order Stacy and Panceak to freeze the door.

If I hear anything else (including nothing) then order them to freeze the entire room (or the portion of the room behind the door if the room is too large).

Stand in front of Stacy and Panceak while they work in order to protect them while they work. Regardless of whether or not they are successful then break the door by repeatedly chiseling it and ramming it.

((Sorry for all these conditional statements.))
((You never fail to make me laugh XD

Its due to the translations at the era before. Words are spoken at different length and there were minute differences from the transcribed language and the original one where the movie//play was written.

The effect of this is very memorable though.))
((I'm glad all those hours of my life I've spent hearing jokes are finally paying off. Now I just need a way to make all those hours I've spent looking at images of lolcats useful...

Also, I know that, my character doesn't though, so he just thinks it's how people of the time used to act. I think everybody in the UWM speaks English so he wouldn't know what dubbing is. Maybe I should ask piecewise about what is going on with languages in this universe in his next Q&A.))

You hear a sort of low pitched buzz which could be almost anything, so you just let them go about freezing the door. After seeing the results of the freezing you decide not to stab the door. At least not yet.

((Oh damn.  Lars missed his chance to try religion in a negotiation.))

Lars bowed his head and sighed, then addressed the wounded man.

"May the light of Steve guide your path, servant of Emar-i."

Follow Jim et al out.
"May steve have mercy on your...uh..whatever part of your colon that table leg went through. Peace out."

You follow jim to the cemetery and preach to the corpses.

Miyamoto 'Big Spoon' De Bergerac, team C leader

To all: "Shit guys, this man won't budge. I suggest ya'll get out of the building before he detonates the nuke he claims he has lying around here. Problem is, Command probably won't appreciate it if we just leave him here, so I think we'll have to deal with him some way or another. Now, we could try to find this bomb of his and defuse it, but that would be extremely risky for the one defusing. We could leave him here to bleed out, but again that could pose a problem in the long run. And I'm affraid we won't be able to disable him before he blows this joint. We could try to get him from afar though, does anyone know if it's possible to use amps without line of sight?

Either way, I'll be trying to fix the lift now so we can move on. Bishop, would you care to come give me a hand with that?"

Say this to the man, give him our radio frequency, then leave the hospital and try to see what's wrong with the elevator:

"Fine, suit yourself. But know that it's not to late to come with us. Think about it, and let me know once we pass this level again on our way up. After that though, you're on your own. And if they come to sterilize this place once we've left... "
You throw your business card on the ground and walk out to the elevator. Hmm, well it gives you a big red "X" when you try to select upper levels, but lower levels seem alright. How strange.

Team D - Lukas

Lukas starts to slowly back away from the man.
You slowly back your way out of the room and back to Patient SC.

((Where did he even get this 1/8th kiloton bomb from anyway? This is a COLONY, not some kind of military outpost! Still, they had gauss assault rifles so they must have some kind of hardware here.

So either he's bluffing and just holding a pen or he really has a bomb of some kind, probably jury rigged from other bomb supplies, and is actually a threat.))

"Alright, I'm heading over to the elevator and I'll see if I can get it working again. By the way, take a good look at the detonator he's holding Miya and tell me what it looks like. He must just be bluffing. Also, ask where they got military hardware from cause a 1/8th kiloton bomb just doesn't pop out of nowhere."

Head on over to the elevator and take a look at what the hold up is. Plug into the controlling computer and see if anything weird is happening too, but don't mess with anything.
Looks like the upper floors have been closed off because the elevator believes them to be blocked.

And when it comes to talk of bombs:
http://meyerweb.com/eric/tools/gmap/hydesim.html
.12 kt is about right for a 1/8th bomb I think.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11783 on: January 30, 2013, 01:14:02 am »

As the door expanded, Thomas stood, then scowled.
"Oh... Damn it."
He headed away from the door to what was hopefully a safe distance before scoping up and getting ready to shoot when zombie shark nukes came out.
"Hey, guys, get to a safe distance. Don't want to be near whatevers behind the door."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11784 on: January 30, 2013, 01:59:37 am »

Nap time. As much as Jim can actually sleep, anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11785 on: January 30, 2013, 02:02:56 am »

Bishop grumbled and looked up the elevator shaft, shifting around uneasily.

"Something really weird is going on here... Why does it think the shaft is blocked? It must be some kind of outside influence, but unless someone hacks into the computer or takes a look up the shaft to see if there really IS a blockage, then there's not much we can do. Miya, can you fly up the shaft to see if there's anything blocking the way? If there's nothing up there, I'll see if I can take a look into the controlling computer and see if anyone is hacking the controls."

If Miya goes up there and finds nothing blocking the shaft, have a look into the elevator's protocols and see if an outside source if causing it to act up. If I can't find anything, see if I can figure out why we can't contact command.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11786 on: January 30, 2013, 02:42:52 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Hospital, Administration

"I'm getting tired of this... WHY WON'T YOU BEHAVE LIKE A NORMAL DOOR DAMN YOU?" Flint yells at the door. The door doesn't respond. "Okay, that's it. Now I'll show you! Just you wait."

Go outside of the Labs and shout the following to the people inside:"Hi there! Flint Westwood here from the UWM rescue team. Seen any of my movies? Well, never mind. The reason I'm here is that we're trying to open the morgue and the door there is behaving... strangely, like there's something pushing it from the other side. Hopefully it's not zombie alien sharks. Could you please, please, please tell me what's in there and if it's safe to open?" EDIT2: If I don't get a satisfactory answer (no answer at all included), get in and see if I can locate the man with the hypothetical detonator.

((EDIT: I just thought of a very good way to see if the guy is lying. If nobody tries something with him this turn I'll do it next turn. I promise you, it'll be very fun. And a bit dangerous so you might want to back up if I do it.))
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:13:43 pm by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #11787 on: January 30, 2013, 03:16:22 am »

Team D - Lukas

Lukas stops backing up. "Wait a minute. Guys think about it. He is lying there all banged up but he did have the time and opportunity to take a deadman's switch in his hand even after Jim blew the room to pieces? What sense does it make for him to install a bomb like that with a deadman's switch anyway? I think he is just bluffing. Is there some way for us to see what is going on in the room without him knowing?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11788 on: January 30, 2013, 06:51:49 am »

Team D - Lukas
Lukas stops backing up. "Wait a minute. Guys think about it. He is lying there all banged up but he did have the time and opportunity to take a deadman's switch in his hand even after Jim blew the room to pieces? What sense does it make for him to install a bomb like that with a deadman's switch anyway? I think he is just bluffing. Is there some way for us to see what is going on in the room without him knowing?"

"On the other hand, if you told me a bunch of doctors were capable of mass-murdering civilians, setting elaborate explosive traps and wielding military gauss rifles, I'd called you crazy. So abandon you normal sense, is what I'm saying."

Bishop grumbled and looked up the elevator shaft, shifting around uneasily.

"Something really weird is going on here... Why does it think the shaft is blocked? It must be some kind of outside influence, but unless someone hacks into the computer or takes a look up the shaft to see if there really IS a blockage, then there's not much we can do. Miya, can you fly up the shaft to see if there's anything blocking the way? If there's nothing up there, I'll see if I can take a look into the controlling computer and see if anyone is hacking the controls."

If Miya goes up there and finds nothing blocking the shaft, have a look into the elevator's protocols and see if an outside source if causing it to act up. If I can't find anything, see if I can figure out why we can't contact command.

"I have a feeling that this is Command's doing. Just a hunch, you know. To make sure we don't go back up untill we have cleared these levels."

Try to see if there's a way to get to the top of the elevator without breaking or wrecking the elevator itself.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Bad With Children
« Reply #11789 on: January 30, 2013, 08:16:55 am »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno idly drums his badger claws against the armor by the side of his waist, calmly staring at the elevator.
"So, what you are trying to say is that we're fucked. Lovely, really. Has anyone tried offering him Worst Medic and checked his reaction?"

Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 784 785 [786] 787 788 ... 1256