Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3827881 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #11940 on: February 06, 2013, 05:17:50 am »

The next few seconds are a blur. Flint and Feyri step forward, proclaiming diplomacy and completely forgetting about the fact that they're in vacuum and their speakers aren't working. Bishop, Miyamoto, and lukas aim their considerable ordinance at the man while Faith, Simus and Thomas look at the strange Macrohaze walls. They look something like this. Milno and Stacy duck and dodge away, perhaps sensing whats coming.

It's impossible to tell when it starts, there's no sound in the vacuum, no light from the laser. The man just seems to shift his weight a bit, the laser lazily sweeping from left to right in his grip. It's only Feyri's scream, cut violently short as her suit depressurizes, and the resulting burst of flash freezing blood, that signals what's happening. The laser scythes in a wide arc as Bishop, Lucas and Miyamoto open fire.

[Bishop con:4 +1]
[Lucas Con:3+1]
[Miyamoto con:5 +1]

It's a strange scene, utterly silent except for the angered, pained or terrified grunts and cries echoing across the radio. There is no bombastic roar of gunfire, no sound of bullets striking home, no explosions. The firing lasts all of maybe a second and a half- a second and a half of men standing still, their guns recoiling soundlessly and without a flash-and then it's over.

The Miner is dead, torn to pieces by the onslaught of of the two war robots and Bishop. Feyri is dead, severed in half just blow the sternum. Bishop is missing his left arm from the elbow down, and Lucas and Miyamoto are sporting a new red hot gash in their armor. Simus seems to have caught the tail end of the blow, the laser sliced up from her foot, up her shin to her knee and then veered away, carving away half her leg in the process. Flint is cowering against the floor, somehow avoiding both the laser and the return fire. 

The Radio is filled with nothing but gasping breaths and silence.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:19:46 am by piecewise »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11941 on: February 06, 2013, 05:26:57 am »

((Wait is Feyri permanently dead or just regular dead? It's hard to tell whether the flash freeze means brain damage or "normal" death.))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:36:26 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11942 on: February 06, 2013, 05:39:08 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Mining area, Entrance

Oh great robopope. This isn't real. It can't be happening. He looked down at himself. Two arms, two legs... I'm still alive! He wouldn't remain that happy for long. "Damn it, Feyri. Why must you always go first? Didn't you learn anything when your shield got broken? Damn." said Flint as he got up and saw what had happened to his teammates. Luckily her head was still intact, so the doctors should be able to put her back together if they brought her parts back. "And you! You fucker!" he said turning towards the dead Miner. "We come here to help you and this is the treatment we get? Huh?" He punctuated that last word with a kick to the miner. From now on, no more Mr. Nice Guy, no more diplomacy. Shoot on sight.

Follow Miyamoto, looking around for any more enemies or equipment or passages or info. Have laser and shield at the ready. EDIT: Check my exosuit, the miners' exosuit and the miner for any communications equipment. If nobody has moved all of Feyri's parts to the elevator, do it.

After a while had passed and everyone was calmer he said "Thank you guys. You saved my ass. Good work. Anyone can do anything for Feyri? Better get her out of that... thing, because you know... it eats stuff."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 01:14:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11943 on: February 06, 2013, 05:43:20 am »

(((...I stepped forward...

:/

What happened to the ready gun and shoot? Or my shield?)))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #11944 on: February 06, 2013, 05:46:56 am »

((Probably failed two dex rolls in a row. And a shield can do little against a mining laser. That thing cut a gash in Gilgamesh.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11945 on: February 06, 2013, 05:51:00 am »

((Probably failed two dex rolls in a row. And a shield can do little against a mining laser. That thing cut a gash in Gilgamesh.))
((Let me rephrase.))
...I stepped forward...
((At least show the int rolls on whether we'd do those. :/

What happened to Flint by the way? He also stepped forward.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11946 on: February 06, 2013, 07:02:48 am »

((Holy crap, he just damaged my paint job. That bastard.

Oh, and Feyri is dead. That sucks too.  :( ))

Once the gash has cooled, go forward, scan around with heat vision. Don't go to far, only secure the perimeter. Also run diagnostic (visually and with the suit's systems) to see how much damage Gilgamesh has sustained.

Lucas action: Same action, back Gilgamesh up.

'SHIT, Goddamnit. Frak frak frak. And just when I thought our team would make it out without any casualties. Sorry Feyri...' Miyamoto thought.

"Someone check up on those wounded. Flint, Stacy or Pancaek, you take care of her body. Be sure to take all of her... pieces and put them on the elevator, maybe they can put her back together again on ship."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11947 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:19 am »

"they killed the chief, they...they..." "they did, wanna know what I think of that?" "I think  I know" "Time for mercy is over"

"Goddman bastards got the chief, they frakking got...-" His voice trails away for a second, no-one could see his angered face underneath the helmet "-I vote for no more diplomatic talk, no more mercy, we find any more of them, any camps, we burn it to the frakking ground"

"if only we hadn't done got fucked up my leg" "we might've taken point instead of the chief..."

Drag the chief's body on the elevator

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11948 on: February 06, 2013, 08:11:46 am »

"Holy shit, that's bad. Poor... uh... yes. Poor her. Nobody deserves an answer to honest diplomacy like that."

Ceremoniously (and respectfully) carry Feyri's top half to the elevator. Whisper to it:

"Sweet death-dreams, lady. You'll be up soon enough, no worries."

To everyone: "Guys, I have to agree with the Spoonmeister here. We see anyone armed that isn't us, we should shoot them in the head or turn their brains to exploding melty goo. Immediately. If they're here, they can't be up to anything good anyway. Or be particularly sane, for that matter. Better a hundred of them dead than one of us."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:23:52 am by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11949 on: February 06, 2013, 09:54:08 am »

((Well, since I'm...dead and all, I was supposed to be planning to aim for the weapon or to at least fire at said weapon//appendage holding the weapon to be sure.

But argh.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11950 on: February 06, 2013, 10:38:22 am »

Brother Lars peeks back out.

"O Feyri, you were a kind and gentle soul, always ready to lend an ear and a kind word.  May you find peace with Steve's eternal computer-god glow!"

Perform last rites.  Study situation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11951 on: February 06, 2013, 12:09:48 pm »

Damnatorum locum, jetzt sind wir mehrere aus oder bald aus sein. Cur ego habere calamitas opus pro Subach-Innis? Und warum das HMRC für jemanden, der sich selbst riskiert und verloren ziemlich um andere zu retten?

She'll be fine once we get her back to the ship. Actually, being flash-frozen might actually be beneficial to her, it'll preserve her brain longer.

Examine mangled leg.

((In the leg... again. Last mission, by legs get busted. This mission, a leg is now busted. Wait, did you hide the Will roll, or did the phase armor just not work?))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:21:01 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11952 on: February 06, 2013, 12:57:35 pm »

If Jim still had a human body, he would have been shaking with rage. "SHUT THE FUCK UP, Lars. She's not dead. They can fix her. They WILL fix her." He looked at the rest of the HMRC, especially the newer members. Milno presumably didn't need to be told this. "You fuckers get it now? Do you fucking understand why my policy is always shoot first in hostile situations? This is why. This bullshit is why. Every fucking thing I've done - on this mission, on the ship, on every mission I've done yet - has been to make sure as many of us make it out alive as I possibly fucking can!" He mentally grit his teeth and covered what was left of his face with a hand, deactivating his holographic expression. He just felt tired and wanted to be alone.

"...Fuck it. Just... just go on ahead. I'm just going to stay here on the elevator and make sure nothing worse happens to her," he said, making sure that both halves of her body and all of her equipment was safe on the elevator.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 08:18:07 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11953 on: February 06, 2013, 01:13:54 pm »

((I think Piecewise played with a text editor and copy pasted the original url to fake it. :P

Love it though, especially Toaster's prophecy of doom.))

((Oh baby, give me a sample of your sweet, sweet, DNA))

(( robaryd givmeet a samplofth yourweeait, weeaitDNAr.))

((I believe the magic word is weeait.))

Team C ; Feyri Nirel - Armored Mercenary - Mining Zone Entry: Main Elevator.

"-And thank you Mesk." Feyri said as the doctor held up to his word of fixing up everyone else - at least she didn't have to cauterize their shallow wounds with her rifle.

And then the lights came, and the spotlight went over to the new arrival.

"Aim for the cutting laser and shoot at it. Flank the way with fire."

She looked at the man and amplified her voice after whispering the statement above through squad channels. Faith had the right idea, once again.

"We don't mean any harm! Uninfected! Law and Order!"

Err, diplomacy the suit!

Your posted, bolded action was diplomacy in the same way Flint's was. You character SAID to aim at the guy. I assume she was just talking to someone over the radio, giving orders of something to do if her action failed. You didn't post it as your bolded action, you didn't even write it as part of a non-bolded action. You just said it, and I don't do actions by character dialog. Otherwise you'd all have to be very careful what you said. I made you walk forward with flint because he was doing the democracy thing too, but it really wouldn't have mattered.

See, when he started firing I did a few rolls, one of which was to determine who gets hit depending on placement, so in this case even if you were hiding behind a wall the laser would just have cut through it. Same with your shield. I gave you an unseen roll as to if you could guess hes firing before it hit you, but you failed it. In reality getting cut in half wasn't what killed you, you were dead as soon as the suit depressurized. By the way, if you had a mk II or better You would have gotten another chance to roll and may just have lost an arm.

Flint survived because he made his roll (Against all odds actually, it was a 4-1+1, very lucky) and threw himself onto the ground.

Relax Feyri, The dice just came up bad this time. All it means is you'll have more robo-parts. Least we forget all they came up very well for you, despite your rather crappy suit. You tanked bullets and explosions a few times up till now.

Damnatorum locum, jetzt sind wir mehrere aus oder bald aus sein. Cur ego habere calamitas opus pro Subach-Innis? Und warum das HMRC für jemanden, der sich selbst riskiert und verloren ziemlich um andere zu retten?

She'll be fine once we get her back to the ship. Actually, being flash-frozen might actually be beneficial to her, it'll preserve her brain longer.

Examine mangled leg.

((In the leg... again. Last mission, by legs get busted. This mission, a leg is now busted. Wait, did you hide the Will roll, or did the phase armor just not work?))
You failed that will roll. But the good news is that the Ghost armor doesn't let itself get damaged. So it phazed, it just didn't "take you with it" so to speak.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11954 on: February 06, 2013, 01:30:15 pm »

((Wait, Feyri still had a MkI? Damn, I really thought she had a MkII by now, at least.
I mean, what has she spent all of her tokens on then?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 795 796 [797] 798 799 ... 1256