Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808886 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12060 on: February 12, 2013, 09:19:54 am »

Once everyone is out, should anyone still be inside the tunnels, use MFM to heat up a small portion of one side of the tunnel about two thousand kelvins.
((Doesn't this mean "Do nothing"? Because once everybody is out, nobody will be in the tunnels, so you won't heat the tunnel.))

((That is indeed poor wording on my part. I will clarify.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12061 on: February 12, 2013, 12:25:21 pm »

"Hey Milno, take a look at my face for a sec, would you? Tell me if you see anything there that wasn't there before."

Flip up my faceplate and have both Faith and Milno take a good look at me to see if there's anything wrong that they can see. Then have Faith do her medicine thingy on me, just in case.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12062 on: February 12, 2013, 05:23:57 pm »

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"What now."

See if Bishop's face has any sign of alien shenanigans.

Spoiler: B Team (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12063 on: February 13, 2013, 12:42:08 am »

Because sweatshop jokes are always funny.
Comes from the Vonnegut book "Slapstick", where a plague is literally caused by airborne clouds of microscopic chinamen.

"So, yeah. Weird stuff, huh? Well, I suppose it's time for doing things again. I like doing things, you know."

Once everyone is out (if they aren't already all out), use MFM to heat up a small portion of one side of the tunnel about two thousand kelvins.
[uncon:6+1]

The entire hallway shimmers with heat and the macromist glows red hot and starts to melt. The macromist walls recede for a moment, and then snap back into place. Then they do it again. And again. Faster and faster until  they're nothing but a vibrating blur. Your skin crawls. It literally squirms, alive and twitching. Your ears start to bleed and your vision goes hazy. The entire room is blurred with motion. It's getting very hard to breathe.

If I can still see, examine that chunk of wall I ripped off.
The last thing you feel is a massive injection of pain killers as the neck iris on your suit snips shut.

Lukas

Lukas looks around to see if everyone is accounted for.
The world is vibrating, vibrating at an unbelievable frequency. Warning messages are flooding the edges of your vision; warnings about how your body is working to insulate your brain from something, and how these vibrations are harmful to organic matter. Everyone seems to be here, but they're starting to fall to their knees.

Name:Flint - Team C - Main Elevator

"There you go, everything is fine now. Well, except for your legs. But don't worry, we'll fix that later." said Flint as he gently set Simus down on the elevator. "Now where were we... Oh, right, hole!"

Prepare to carefully use the mining laser to open a hole to the wall so that power can be pumped directly to the servos (go-go-gadget dynamic bonus). Ponder where the control computer for the elevator could be.

Once everyone is out, should anyone still be inside the tunnels, use MFM to heat up a small portion of one side of the tunnel about two thousand kelvins.
((Doesn't this mean "Do nothing"? Because once everybody is out, nobody will be in the tunnels, so you won't heat the tunnel.))
You point the laser at the wall and grit your teeth as everything vibrates violently around you. Your teeth click together, chipping, but you keep your aim true.

Okay, that was just a hallucination. I don't have to deal with being legless... again.

So, who wants to roast the tunnel and declare the level cleared?

Focus past the hallucinations.
Everything goes roughly 100 times worse. Your vision goes straight to white noise. Everything is white noise. There is nothing left in the entire universe but static and a high pitched buzz. And it is PAIN.

"Hey Milno, take a look at my face for a sec, would you? Tell me if you see anything there that wasn't there before."

Flip up my faceplate and have both Faith and Milno take a good look at me to see if there's anything wrong that they can see. Then have Faith do her medicine thingy on me, just in case.
You vibrate across the ground in utter confusion.

"Well...this is different."

[Team B Leader=Milno]

"What now."

See if Bishop's face has any sign of alien shenanigans.

Your suit starts injecting things at a rapid rate, so much so that you flop out, splayed on the ground, completely immobile from the countless pain killers, coagulants and drugs coursing through you. Your suit is trying it's damnedest to keep you alive. And it is failing.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12064 on: February 13, 2013, 01:23:51 am »

Lukas

"Oh, this shit is just fucked up!"

Edit: if everyone gets to the elevator, activate it. Go up!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:49:44 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12065 on: February 13, 2013, 01:50:38 am »

"Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow. Ow. Ouch. Augh. That is indeed highly painful. Verily. And shit is indeed quite fucked up."

Crawl back into the elevator before Lukas goes up.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12066 on: February 13, 2013, 01:59:58 am »

((Ivan has lost it and is now acting like some sort of gigantic cicada. Does anyone him to be neutralized non-lethally?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12067 on: February 13, 2013, 02:02:54 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Oh shit, shit, shit, shit...!"
Grab Faith's head and run for the elevator!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12068 on: February 13, 2013, 03:23:35 am »

"This whole ordeal has officially gone FUBAR. Crap.

Hey Lucas, I reaaaally hope you're going to wait for us."

Grab anyone who can't move on their own and fly them to the elevator.

((Ivan has lost it and is now acting like some sort of gigantic cicada. Does anyone him to be neutralized non-lethally?))

((Just wait and observe. If he attacks though, just try to kill him without destroying the brain.
Or, as a last resort, go stand behind a door somewhere, preferably a wooden one. You'll be perfectly safe!))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12069 on: February 13, 2013, 05:21:34 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Main Elevator

"SOMEBODY CLOSE THAT BLOODY DOOR!" shouted Flint, as he tried not to bite his tongue from all the vibrations.

Fire the "laser"! Then open the iris and get back to the elevator. If the "laser" isn't enough to tear open the wall, smash the rest of the way with my iron fists or use the monorazor or something.

((I really wish I had a kiloton charge... or maybe just a cam-eye so I could see what's in these tunnels.))

« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:59:36 am by Parisbre56 »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12070 on: February 13, 2013, 07:48:12 am »

"This whole ordeal has officially gone FUBAR. Crap.

Hey Lucas, I reaaaally hope you're going to wait for us."

Grab anyone who can't move on their own and fly them to the elevator.

((Just wait and observe. If he attacks though, just try to kill him without destroying the brain.
Or, as a last resort, go stand behind a door somewhere, preferably a wooden one. You'll be perfectly safe!))

((Huh? aren't you in the elevator already?))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12071 on: February 13, 2013, 08:06:19 am »

Jim gives anyone in the tunnels time to get out until either everyone's back or it seems that waiting another second will result in his death, then closes the tunnel door (if necessary/safer, by pressing the button with his MMAmp) and starts the elevator.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 02:29:51 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12072 on: February 13, 2013, 08:35:03 am »

"WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING, FUCKING STOP AND GET US OUT OF HERE!"

Try to see what my suit is pumping into me and get back to the elevator with Milno as best I can. Try using my rocket pods if it's safe to do so without crashing into a wall or something.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12073 on: February 13, 2013, 08:52:48 am »

Lars began shouting as his teammates went crazy.

"O Pathmas, may our team find itself in your favor!  O Cog-azaon, may you bless our team with the understanding to overcome this adversary!"

Help people get into the elevator, starting with Saint Milno.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12074 on: February 13, 2013, 09:01:39 am »

((I have been fairly busy studying, but I'd like to point out harming the macromist doesn't seem like a healthy sport. At all.

Does anyone remember how the gates open and close? If it's a simple enough mechanism, Jim could probably press the button or buttons needed for that.

@SerCon: The last time they tried to cool something near the macromist it destroyed a containment door and started to expand. I don't know for sure, but I think we should avoid cooling it.))

[Team B Leader=Milno]

Milno's mind rang and he could do little to stop the reaction from his body as it threatened to collapse on him.
"Fucking...stupid...idea! The gate!"

He grit his teeth, trying his damn best to not be taken down by the drugs and the situation. He despised this place. He despised Command and he felt nothing but utter contempt towards stupid attempts of teammates to toss the whole mission into the garbage bin. Life was cheap - his life was even cheaper thanks to his status as a HMRC convict.

Dying so easily wasn't an option, it couldn't be an option, he had to make it back, surviving was the only way, he couldn't die, not then and not there, not before spitting in the face of what destiny had offered to him not this way not so fast.

He had to survive. And he would try his damn best until he couldn't try anymore.

If able to move even a little or at least activate the rockets in short bursts and since Milno is by the elevator's door already, get inside as fast as possible while dragging any corpses/teammates at arm's reach, including Faith's body if her head is already secured (if too hard just leave her body be).

Once inside and if no one has stopped the mist or already started to close the gate, try to toss the piece of rebar taken from Milno's leg or the metal thing gained from Empyrea and hit the gate controls to close it. If it isn't a simple matter of pressing a button to close it, then do not even try.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 12:08:58 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 803 804 [805] 806 807 ... 1256