Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3826133 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12180 on: February 16, 2013, 11:58:52 am »

(Honestly I can't really think of a better game for GOTY. I mean, AC3 might be more fun to play due to the mechanics but I can't objectively call it 'better' since the story just wasn't nearly as good. ^^^ I'm really looking forward to Season 2 of it.

And while we're talking about that sort of thing in ER, am I the only person who thinks an ER adventure-style game in the fashion of TWD or classic Sierra games would be pretty cool? Even a text adventure.

">USE Ivan ON locked door
Ivan cannot open unlocked doors, what hope do you think he has against a locked one?"
:3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12181 on: February 16, 2013, 06:58:00 pm »

((Hmph, I've been busy trying to make sure my RTDs don't die, so can I have a brief explanation of the current scenario? Pretty please? :3

Also, is Milno finally *REDACTED*))

((Firstly, we went down to the mining level where a miner possessed by sharkmist sliced Feyri in half with a cutting laser. Then he was shot. Then people went into the sharkmist labyrinth and judged it to be really bad news. Then the idea came up that we should really just heat up the horrible macro-sharkmist tunnel and be done with this level. This turned out to be, in Milno's words, a fucking stupid idea. The sharkmist started to vibrate oddly and mess people up. Faith died as a result of both touching the sharkmist tunnel and being in the area of effect of the rapid macromist vibrations. Much fun was had.

After everyone was packed into the elevator, it was then summarily propelled upwards by Miyamoto as Flint sliced through two irises. Now there seems to be a bit of a problem as rapid depressurization as a result of breaching the airtight seal of the iris might kill the doctor in the hospital level and set off a possible 1/8th kiloton bomb there. And there are still several irises left for us to take care of as we ascend gloriously through the levels of the area.))
((I cut off reading the thread until after the mission was done..

FAITH DIED?! D:))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12182 on: February 16, 2013, 07:11:02 pm »

((I cut off reading the thread until after the mission was done..

FAITH DIED?! D:))
((Well, not permanently. We'll be back on ship soon so she'll be fine. Let's just say that she's a bit more portable. Part of her body can be used as a football. She's really lost her head. Battling with her inner demons really fragmented her. Her brain is making long distance calls to her body. Her suit disagreed with her body's layout. I've got a list of these you know, I could go on and on.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12183 on: February 16, 2013, 07:45:02 pm »

I could go on and on.
((please do so, it is entertaining to me))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Worst bombsquad in the galaxy
« Reply #12184 on: February 16, 2013, 10:14:11 pm »

((Lars would like to point this out:))

"O Pathmas, may our team find itself in your favor!  O Cog-azaon, may you bless our team with the understanding to overcome this adversary!"

A combination of somewhat discordant actions and a perfect intelligence roll on Lukas' part has lead to the following.

((Divine guidance has saved us all!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12185 on: February 17, 2013, 01:28:31 am »

((And then, from the bottom of the elevator pit:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12186 on: February 17, 2013, 02:01:43 am »

(My god... it's full of stars...)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12187 on: February 17, 2013, 02:14:05 am »

"Ok guys, the way is clear and the debris didn't crush anyone! Keep going!"

Try to contact command again and shut the door to the medical level if possible to stop the vacuum from emptying it.
You zip over to the door to the hospital and shut it while trying to get in contact with command. Nothing but static. You can do nothing much more then sigh and return to the platform.

Ok and since everyone else is some combination of Cut the iris, or push the elevator or block the people we're gonna speed things along by basically just having you chug on up to the shaft between the second and third levels, just outside the iris separating the second level from the shaft.

This iris looks damaged before you even reach it, it's bowing out with hard dents in the metal, like someone has struck it repeatedly with a sledge hammer from the other side.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12188 on: February 17, 2013, 02:37:00 am »

"Ooh, look at that! Looks like somebody's been trying to either rescue us or find us and kill us! I foresee only good things either way."

Don't melt anything on the iris. Rather, stand along the edge of the elevator platform and get ready to melt any rogue/hazardous/unusually hostile elements that may encroach on us from on the other side once the iris is opened.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 07:51:58 am by Harry Baldman »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12189 on: February 17, 2013, 02:47:19 am »

[Team A Medic - Mesk]

"Ah, yes, so I was right about the government trying to kill us all, after all.  I suppose now's not the time for gloating, though.  Any of you infectees feel like coughing on a UWM official sometime in the near future?"
Get my cutting torch and monoatomic razor ready, just in case.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12190 on: February 17, 2013, 02:51:13 am »

"They even try to stop us or take Feyri from me I'll vaporize them into particles so Goddamn fine they might as well have never existed," Jim growled, still standing protectively over her body and looking up at the iris as he prepared to back up Stacy/do the same thing as him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12191 on: February 17, 2013, 02:55:57 am »

((You maniacs, you blew it up. Or just collapsed it. Point is, that was our needless destruction and you stole it in a futile attempt to entomb us. For shame.

Also, when I was thinking about the shock implant problem a while ago, it occurred to me that unless they can easily activate them all at once, Jim could quite possibly still wipe them out before they go around to his button. That suddenly seems more potentially relevant now.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12192 on: February 17, 2013, 03:04:35 am »

(I would give you the three cat-faces but I'm too lazy to type in the size and color tags and all that so have just one instead, Irony:

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #12193 on: February 17, 2013, 03:19:55 am »

(I would give you the three cat-faces but I'm too lazy to type in the size and color tags and all that so have all of them!

:3

:3

(^^)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12194 on: February 17, 2013, 03:23:09 am »

((I've not had time to keep up with all this madness, in fact I only just managed to read the last ten or so pages, but weren't we completely cut off from Command for a while? I'm somewhat disappointed no-one went on a DIY surgery shock-implant-removing spree. :-\))

Jobasio curled into as small a ball as possible on the elevator, all rational thought gone from his head as he clutched his gauss rifle as though it would somehow protect him.

Trembling, with walls of metal and the threat of nuclear explosions approaching rapidly above and the mind-boggling horror of the sharkmist below, Jobasio Hootzal, abandoned, illegitimate child of the late governor Garlack Hootzal, began to scream.

>Close eyes.

>Curl into ball.

>Clutch gauss rifle.

>Scream for mother.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 811 812 [813] 814 815 ... 1256