Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808944 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: On the highway out of Hell.
« Reply #12195 on: February 17, 2013, 03:24:52 am »

(I thought about asking Simus, but I figured that if the docs noticed it was missing when they repaired my injuries they would just give me a worse one. That and although I trust Pyro I don't trust the dice to not have him accidentally cut something vital for Jim's brain and kill him. :P

Also thanks Tir. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12196 on: February 17, 2013, 05:31:32 am »

((Here's hoping the inmates we sent up earlier will cause/have caused enough of a ruckus to make our grand escape easier. Because if I were in Commands shoes, I would make sure I have a 'shock em all dead' button to deal with potential uprisings from our side. Hell, it would be the first thing I'd ask Steve for.))

Continue to be ridiculously handsome Elevator Jet.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 05:43:05 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12197 on: February 17, 2013, 07:14:58 am »

"So, either the've decided we need to die, or they went all insane and will still try to kill us. This cannot end well"
"at least we've had Fun"
"Say, brother lars, I don't suppose you have a deity of fire?"

focus and get ready to use my amp

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12198 on: February 17, 2013, 07:22:55 am »

Name:Flint - Team C - Rocket Propelled Main Elevator

Flint didn't like this. Last time he saw a door bulging like this it ended up having sharkmist on it. "Be careful guys. I have a bad feeling about this..."

((Doing this action with the assumption that we are close enough to the iris to reach it and that the shaft we're in still has air in it because Jim has stopped the decompression.))
Use a combination of auto-chisel and monorazor to make a small hole in the center of the elevator. Then use the chisel to make an even smaller hole in the iris over the larger one. If nothing comes through the hole, pop my head up like a periscope and look around.

"I'm gonna try and make a small hole and see what's on the other side."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 10:52:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12199 on: February 17, 2013, 09:46:20 am »

Lars bowed his head.  "I have not yet completed my studies.  I am sure there is one, but I am not yet ready to invoke.  I deeply apologize.  What I can do is bless you with Fal of Clockwork, the God of Skill!"

Draw Fal's Gear on the back of Pancaek's helmet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12200 on: February 17, 2013, 02:05:17 pm »

>Close eyes.

>Curl into ball.

>Clutch gauss rifle.

>Scream for mother.
Thomas watched Jobasio flip out, then walked towards him hesitatingly, then put a hand on his shoulder.
"Uh, you doin' okay?"
Wait, why'd I ask that? That's stupid, of course he's not, he's screaming for his mom...
He shook his head and looked up.
"Well... We're making it out of here."
He patted Jobasio on the shoulder, wincing a little.
That probably made it worse...
Prepare for evasive action. Get anyone who's in threat of being crushed out of the way. If hostiles show up, shooty shooty.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12201 on: February 18, 2013, 02:20:58 am »

Flint digs a hole into the iris above the group while everyone else does a combination of cower, act as transportation or prepares for the inevitable tide of unfun things that are waiting beyond door. Flint's explorations stop rather suddenly as he pulls his auto-chisel back from the hole. The gray mist leaks in from the door in thin strands. Flint risks a peek through the hole regardless.

Beyond the hole, the second level has been infested with the mist, although only in rather flimsy manner: Thin strands of the fractal stuff, like spider web, hangs between the walls. The iris, however, seems to be the target of aggressive expansion, thick spikes of the stuff have embedded themselves in the metal and a cloud of it is trying to push it's way down. And now it's all spilling out through the hole Flint cut.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12202 on: February 18, 2013, 02:23:28 am »

Jim thinks about the situation for a moment, trying to apply his considerable intelligence to see if there is a good solution to this perilous predicament.

(At least, I hope an Int roll will help here... >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12203 on: February 18, 2013, 02:32:31 am »

"Where the hell did that come from?! Burn it! BURN IT! We have to stop this crap from dropping onto us or eating through the elevator we're standing on!"

Get everyone out of the way of the mist and prepare for shit to go down. Try contacting command again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12204 on: February 18, 2013, 02:49:27 am »

That's... not good.

I think we may have found the reason we lost contact - this stuff might have been intercepting the signals, or, at least, breaking them up. Probably also accounts for the irises closing.

So, who wants some explosives lobbed up there? Or perhaps a chemical-incendiary?

Break off a chunk of Aster-EX about 200 grams, and insert a detonator into it. Load ClF3 grenade into launcher and prepare to fire up through to the next level. Contemplate what the hell is going on.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 02:51:50 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12205 on: February 18, 2013, 02:50:42 am »

((Oh hell. How did this even happen? Did something wake up the mist in the entertainment plague corpses?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12206 on: February 18, 2013, 02:53:03 am »

((Oh hell. How did this even happen? Did something wake up the mist in the entertainment plague corpses?))

((Five bucks says that the hanger level is infested as well...))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12207 on: February 18, 2013, 02:55:17 am »

(...F you, Pyro. Just no. :P Although if it is, what should we do about it?)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12208 on: February 18, 2013, 03:03:46 am »

(...F you, Pyro. Just no. :P Although if it is, what should we do about it?)

((Explosives, amps, (overloading?) manipulators, dead teammate bodies (not heads) as distraction, and a whole fuckton of luck.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12209 on: February 18, 2013, 03:07:28 am »

(Pyro, that's what we need to get through a normal situation. XD)
Pages: 1 ... 812 813 [814] 815 816 ... 1256