Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3827566 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 8: Nanomachines in your every orifice.
« Reply #12495 on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:01 pm »

(OK, I officially love the Buck Murdock reference. XD)

Jim activated his coms. "Steve, Jim here. Honestly I'm not sure why they elected to stay behind; the last I heard of them, they were investigating one of Command's shuttles instead of getting to this one. Also, several of us need to be in quarantine when we return. To be on the safe side, you might want to put all of us in it. I know for a fact that at least Milno and Faith were infected." He stopped sending and waited to hear back.

>Roger. Preparing death squads. I mean "Quarantine squads"

"Oh thank God you're there.  Yeah, uh, what Jim said."
Transmit coordinates and wait for pickup.

>Rendezvous in 56 minutes.

"Come on, come on, we have to get out of here before we become sharkmist food."

Same action with some alterations.

Give a rousing speech, copilot the shuttle, activate the autopilot, activate the pilot assist or do anything else that would help Jobasio fly the thing. Oh, and remember to close the door.

@Jobasio:"So, we have a choice now. Leave or return to the Sword. What say you?"

((Come ooooooon good Flint roll. Come oooooon good Jobasio roll.

Also, thanks a lot for the help RC. If we get out of here alive and I manage to convince Yoink to take us back to the Sword, I'll... I don't know what I'll do to thank you since you were the only one who helped us get the ship on-line, EDIT: not to mention saving team C's asses most of the time. For starters I'll give you back this laser that I'm pretty sure was given to Flint by Miyamoto and definitely some tokens.))

[jack aux: 1+1]
[Flint aux: 6-1]

Flint kind of shoves a flabbergasted Jack away from the console. The console here is a nice touch screen thing, very simplified, clearly made to be easy to use.  You navigate your way through a guided checklist of the ship's systems. Everything looks good except for one thing; the fuel. The ship is nearly dry, you're not even sure if it has enough to get off planet, let alone go anywhere. It must have burnt up it's fuel getting here with the plan of getting more from the colony.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Version 1.03: Jims Nerfed, but given +2 to Spine breaking
« Reply #12496 on: February 25, 2013, 09:54:31 pm »

((Clearly you need to use the bodies as fuel.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Version 1.03: Jims Nerfed, but given +2 to Spine breaking
« Reply #12497 on: February 25, 2013, 09:57:56 pm »

((Maybe steal fuel from the command shuttle?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12498 on: February 25, 2013, 10:00:00 pm »

Just dump anything nonessential like weapons, click the autopilot and get the hell out of here. Once in orbit ask Steve for a tow or refuel and get the dead guys in stasis. Then go to the long range comms room and ask Steve if he can do me a favour.

"Looks like we barely have enough fuel to get out of here."

((Blood for the machine god! :)
No, this planet is a ticking time bomb. I'm getting out of here while I'm still alive. No more stupid risks... until the next mission.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:06:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12499 on: February 25, 2013, 10:00:10 pm »

"Roger that, Paracelsus' Sword."
Mesk yawns and stretches, then opens his lunchbox up and stares for a moment into the unidentifiable mush within.
"Uhhh... hey Jim, are you gonna get podded?  I'll help you in if you want.  Otherwise we're in for a lot of games of 'twenty questions', and you can only get so far with 'is it that star?  Is it that star?'."
Pass the next 56 minutes or so.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12500 on: February 25, 2013, 10:04:33 pm »

Just click the autopilot and get the hell out of here. Once in orbit ask Steve for a tow or refuel and get the dead guys in stasis.

No, this llplanet is a ticking time bomb. I'm getting out of here while I'm still alive. No more stupid risks... until the next mission.

Flint kind of shoves a flabbergasted Jack away from the console. The console here is a nice touch screen thing, very simplified, clearly made to be easy to use.  You navigate your way through a guided checklist of the ship's systems. Everything looks good except for one thing; the fuel. The ship is nearly dry, you're not even sure if it has enough to get off planet, let alone go anywhere. It must have burnt up it's fuel getting here with the plan of getting more from the colony.

((*cough, cough*

Good knowing you, I suppose, 'cause you got a ship with no gas.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12501 on: February 25, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »

Jim sat down near Feyri's pod. "No need for stasis - for myself or Simus. What about you, Mesk? Anything you want to talk about?" he asked. "Goes for you guys, too, Simus, Miyamoto, Lukas."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12502 on: February 25, 2013, 10:10:20 pm »

((I understand that as "not enough fuel to escape the HMRC but just enough to escape the planet."))

((Edit:And now I don't have to convince Jobasio to return to the sword! Thanks piecewise. That was fun! Looking foreward to the next one.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:20:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12503 on: February 25, 2013, 10:23:59 pm »

((I understand that as "not enough fuel to escape the HMRC but enough to escape the planet."))

((I understand that it says "Not sure if there's enough to even get off-planet.))

I've never been much of a conversation starter, I prefer to keep interaction work-based for the most part.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12504 on: February 25, 2013, 10:32:00 pm »

((That's what it said about your shuttle too, I think. Worst case scenario I go back to the colony to get any fuel not eaten by sharkmist or get some fuel from the destroyed HMRC shuttle.))

((Edit: I mean, those guys were supposed to be trained professionals. I'd find it very strange if they left their ship completely dry on a hostile world.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:49:52 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12505 on: February 25, 2013, 11:47:50 pm »

Just dump anything nonessential like weapons, click the autopilot and get the hell out of here. Once in orbit ask Steve for a tow or refuel and get the dead guys in stasis. Then go to the long range comms room and ask Steve if he can do me a favour.

No, this planet is a ticking time bomb. I'm getting out of here while I'm still alive. No more stupid risks... until the next mission.))
You start dropping everything that isn't essential; disconnecting the weapons, throwing out the bodies, everything out of the crew quarters, food, empty fuel tanks, everything. Once thats done' you set the autopilot to get the ship out of here and into a stable orbit around the planet.

You then close a dozen warning windows that pop up and hit execute. The ship rumbles, activates it's artificial gravity systems and uses it's maneuvering rockets to orient itself vertically before hurling itself toward the stars. You get up through the spires, up past the near nonexistent atmosphere, up into the darkness of space. And then the engine cuts out and alarms begin to sound.

The computer flashes up a projected path. It shows the ship ascending in a long, gentle arc, almost reaching orbit and then falling back to the surface in an equally long, gentle arc. It calculates that you will reach the very pinnacle of your ascent in about 15 minutes, and 17 minutes after that, you will impact the planet.

"Not...good."

"Roger that, Paracelsus' Sword."
Mesk yawns and stretches, then opens his lunchbox up and stares for a moment into the unidentifiable mush within.
"Uhhh... hey Jim, are you gonna get podded?  I'll help you in if you want.  Otherwise we're in for a lot of games of 'twenty questions', and you can only get so far with 'is it that star?  Is it that star?'."
Pass the next 56 minutes or so.
Good luck getting out of that cramped tomb of a cockpit, out through the nose of the shuttle, space walking to the back of the ship, and then getting into the sealed hatch.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 8: Steve, We've got a problem.
« Reply #12506 on: February 25, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »

(I wonder if Jim could attempt to pull them up into orbit with his Manipulation Amp. I mean, I would have to know that they're in trouble, when they need to be pulled, and where they are in relative terms to even try it, but still.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12507 on: February 25, 2013, 11:59:51 pm »

(I wonder if Jim could attempt to pull them up into orbit with his Manipulation Amp. I mean, I would have to know that they're in trouble, when they need to be pulled, and where they are in relative terms to even try it, but still.)

Problem with that is that space is big.  Really big. You can't even really see them from where you are, they're just an indeterminate spec literally a hundred miles away. If you could work out a way around that though, you could try and pull the two people, but pulling that whole ship is gonna be another story entirely.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12508 on: February 26, 2013, 12:02:45 am »

(I guess that idea is right out, then. Sorry, Yoink, Paris. Nothing I can do for you. :-\)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #12509 on: February 26, 2013, 12:08:26 am »

Better hope they can cobble together a macguyver rocketpack. And fast.
Pages: 1 ... 832 833 [834] 835 836 ... 1256