Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809238 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Missions 9: Anyone got some bolts?
« Reply #12645 on: March 09, 2013, 12:47:54 am »

((@pyro dont you dare try to usurp my sensor array... im thinking of uploading the bat program to it to try and map the area directly around the base.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12646 on: March 09, 2013, 01:12:54 am »

((I think since you're both the Science Officer and the second-in-command, being Mission Control would be the perfect spot for you - in a more routine situation. Out here, a science officer in a robot body might be more useful out in the field.))

Anton sighed. "Oh well, there goes the caution thing. Let's just hope it's not in control of our built-in shock prods."

Move to the Armory, make a list of available items - gear as well as spare parts and components for manufacture.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12647 on: March 09, 2013, 06:59:31 am »

"Somethig isnt right here, how could they not notice that people were dieing in the crater?"

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12648 on: March 09, 2013, 07:07:57 am »

"I suspect the issue wasn't in 'were dying'. Judging by the description of the anomaly it was more like 'dropped dead', literally. The real question is, why did the whole team, leaving no one behind, spontaneously jump into a gravity well shortly after establishing the base? A gravity well they should have at least become aware of during the construction of the outpost, unless these things sprout up on their own without warning.

At least I assume it was shortly after building the outpost. We didn't find any prior mapping data yet, did we?
"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 07:09:47 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #12649 on: March 09, 2013, 07:11:47 am »

"Yeah, that doesnt make any sense..."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12650 on: March 09, 2013, 07:54:43 am »

perhaps they were all riding in the same vehicle and it made it further into the crater then they did but we just havent spotted it yet?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12651 on: March 09, 2013, 08:45:31 am »

"I can take a look for one, just gimme a minute."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12652 on: March 09, 2013, 08:49:11 am »

"Be careful. But while you're at it, see if it's possible to tell if they were going toward or away from the base when they splattered. It might be important."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #12653 on: March 09, 2013, 08:49:53 am »

"Ah, come on guys, with all the mystery and mind-fuckery. I say we keep as far away from that crater as we can. Let's just assume that the former crew was stupid enough to collectively fuck up...Just for the sake of my own sanity. I just got here."

Go hang around in the garage and check whether I would be able to use any of the vehicles (given my size and all)
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Ballet in the Deep Black.
« Reply #12654 on: March 09, 2013, 09:35:44 am »

Moved to proper thread.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 09:41:56 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12655 on: March 09, 2013, 09:40:31 am »

Might as well join...
Spoiler: Grate Worm Gold (click to show/hide)
Anything I should add or change?

...There isn't some OOC thread or something where this should go, is there?
((The On-Ship thread.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12656 on: March 09, 2013, 09:41:24 am »

Sorry, didn't notice that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12657 on: March 09, 2013, 09:48:34 am »

"Alright, ya don't have to tell me that. I'm looking at what happens if you aren't careful."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #12658 on: March 09, 2013, 10:04:39 am »

"Speaking of vehicles, maybe it would be nice to refuel our shuttle? I've had bad experiences with non-refueled spaceships in the recent past. You never know when you might have to fly away."

((I wonder if the AI is smart enough to defuse logic bombs like "this statement is false". You know, since Steve said it wasn't as good as him.

Also, I updated my notes, if you haven't noticed it, with the base's equipment and points of interest.

And finally, nice to have you aboard GreatWyrmGold.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #12659 on: March 09, 2013, 10:34:13 am »

((Sean, considering that so far the only other officer we have, the team leader Miyamoto, uses a frakking battlesuit...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 842 843 [844] 845 846 ... 1256