Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3802565 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Misson 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13290 on: April 02, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13291 on: April 02, 2013, 04:01:30 pm »

((Heh, I knew something like that would happen sooner or later. This was rather sooner than the sooner I expected though. :P

Also, waiting for that updated map so I can update mine. Or really, I could just send you the PSD. ninja'd!))

Anton's eyes widened as he saw the damage to his hands, but his resigned and slightly depressed nature took over a little too quickly, causing his reaction to be rather subdued.

"Well that's just grand. Fuck me sideways. I guess I missed the "H" in "HMRC".
Okay, Mesk, you're the medic here. If you say that's the way to fix it, then that's the way to fix it. Hell, even I can tell when a machine's too broke to repair, and these seem to have gone past "burned out" and into "extra crispy". Darn flimsy organic machinery...

So... let's get on with it, I guess.
"

Cooperate with the replacement procedure. Attempt to give helpful comments on mechanic appendage intergration.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13292 on: April 02, 2013, 04:44:13 pm »

Flint Westwood - Blue squad - Sector 3

"This feels odd... It's not a thing, it's just... strange. I'm going to go further in."

See if I can determine the kind of strangeness I feel or its source. Take some ground samples. Map further into the "normal" zone and check if the base can hear me and if there is any delay due to the anomalies in between the base and us. Look around for anything else that seems strange.

@Bishop: "Hmm... I just thought of something. If these things mess with light, it's quite possible that our radios won't work beyond it. Should I go back and get those land lines blue leader?" ((And also conveniently take my exosuit?))

((vv Thanks! Good luck with your May encounter and whatever piecewise does for the anniversary. Oh, and better wish Jim\SerCon some luck too if you are the superstitious type. Things aren't looking good on their end.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:06:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13293 on: April 02, 2013, 04:45:13 pm »

((Goodluck you guys! :P

On another note, scroll down to the bottom of this post. We need a conclusive opinion on what we'd be having in celebration of the anniversary.

Please...PM Piecewise instead of posting in the thread, this is my request because of the large number of people posting.))
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:47:20 pm by Tiruin »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13294 on: April 02, 2013, 04:48:18 pm »

"Guess we might as well get going if we're done here."

Get ready to head out with Red team.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13295 on: April 02, 2013, 04:59:59 pm »

((
Spoiler: Map Update (click to show/hide)
))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13296 on: April 02, 2013, 05:31:23 pm »

Visor zoom, observe the distant things
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #13297 on: April 02, 2013, 05:47:59 pm »

"So, you ever had an amputation and limb replacement procedure done before?  Oh, what am I saying, of course not.  Well, that's alright.  I've never performed one."
Assemble the necessary equipment, apply localized anesthesia to Anton's left arm, and run a mental checklist of stuff I need to do.  Get that sweet, sweet dynamic bonus going.
"I'll do your left hand first.  That's your non-dominant side, right?  This way if something goes catastrophically wrong because I have no idea what I'm doing... well, at least you'll still have your dominant."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13298 on: April 02, 2013, 08:31:51 pm »

"Well."

Try and scan the shadows.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 08:17:41 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13299 on: April 02, 2013, 09:59:54 pm »

"Hmmm... I'm not sure what good the landlines would do if you went into one of those distortions or not. You may as well just keep going, but it's your choice if you want to go back for the landlines or not. If you don't want to go any further, head back out and we'll check out zone 4."

Keep watch on Flint's progress and on the area in general.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13300 on: April 02, 2013, 10:13:02 pm »

Lars surveyed the sea.  Auron's suggestion stuck in his head- a pipeline here, headed back to the main base... interesting.  Anyway.

"Let us continue."

Keep going "south" and around.  If this would lead too far (more than two smallhexes) into the next bighex down, stop.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13301 on: April 02, 2013, 11:01:53 pm »

Busy now to actually read everyone as I usually do and post an action (probably later), but I still don't understand how we were able to first notice, then avoid, and then enter the "normal zone". Because if the time or objects are not affected in any way, we shouldn't have known that it exists. Well now that we enter it, it "feels a bit odd," but I'm going to assume that it was entered it if not explored it, way back when we first discovered it.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13302 on: April 03, 2013, 03:51:28 am »

Put strange grass stuff in vault and follow team
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #13303 on: April 03, 2013, 04:21:09 am »

"Hmmm... I'm not sure what good the landlines would do if you went into one of those distortions or not. You may as well just keep going, but it's your choice if you want to go back for the landlines or not. If you don't want to go any further, head back out and we'll check out zone 4."
"Okay, I'll just check a bit further in to see if this is the break in the wall we've been looking for and then I'll come back. Oh and I was talking about putting landlines through the 'normal' zone, since the anomalies seem to form some sort of wall."

Busy now to actually read everyone as I usually do and post an action (probably later), but I still don't understand how we were able to first notice, then avoid, and then enter the "normal zone". Because if the time or objects are not affected in any way, we shouldn't have known that it exists. Well now that we enter it, it "feels a bit odd," but I'm going to assume that it was entered it if not explored it, way back when we first discovered it.
((
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wouldn't you say the yellow is a normal zone? And then when you start walking in the yellow and start feeling weird wouldn't you say it's something different then the green zone, even though you can't define the exact boundary?))

Put strange grass stuff in vault
((Now I'm imagining Michael stashing marijuana in a sample container in the vault.))

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13304 on: April 03, 2013, 05:31:43 am »

((How to notice? When the rocks you throw are no longer slowed nor hastened but rather behave as expected, then you noticed a piece of land that seems more or less normal; a normal zone or as Vich told Zephy: An area (seemingly) without an anomaly. Sure, there should be no way to know if you're not already in it (well except for feeling odd, but that was discovered just now). Since the time distortions seemingly formed a wall, we just assumed there also was some kind of boundary when stepping into the gap - which seems to hold true if feeling weird indicates anything.))

((Also am I right that only Flint entered so far? If yes:))
"I'm gonna stay here for now, I'm feeling uneasy enough without being surrounded by physical shenanigans.."
Stay here with the team, outside the gap. Unless we decide the whole team should go through in which case I follow along.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships
Pages: 1 ... 885 886 [887] 888 889 ... 1256