Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809177 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Missile 9: Hot Potato
« Reply #13665 on: April 20, 2013, 10:22:22 pm »

take stock of my inventory and follow lars. Carve a rudimentary phallus into the nearest spire.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13666 on: April 20, 2013, 10:55:38 pm »

((Well, that tests how the spires react to it.  Hopefully they morph into whatever is carved on them, so the HMRC's legacy is a bunch of phallic towers a mile high.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13667 on: April 21, 2013, 01:54:39 am »

"Right, but where will blue team go in the mean time? I haven't been briefed on our destination."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13668 on: April 21, 2013, 02:39:42 am »

((I wasn't thinking hovercraft impediment. I was thinking sample collecting. ^_^))

Anton Chernozorov, Red Team technician, on his own and off his rocker.

"Arright. Let's get this out of the way first." Anton flicks his comms on. "To anyone interested. As per the established (by myself) experiment protocol, I report that I am about to attempt some physical violence on the surface of the Sector Two anomaly, the "Flatland". So if anything explodes or I'm never heard from again, you know what happened. Would sure be nice to have someone here as backup, but oh well."

Begin aforementioned physical violence. Start with trying to wedge a metal rod into one of the cracks near the very edge of the zone. If the rod is too thick, use the Red Hand to slice the tip off into a sort of a chisel, and try again. Attempt to pry some of the smooth rock loose. If successful, put the procured rock into the trailer - preferably into a sample container, one of the many I totally didn't forget to bring with me. >_>

Afterward, begin phase two. Take a sheet of metal (presumably large enough to form a primitive shield), hold it vertically on the edge of the anomaly. Crouch behind it to protect my body from possible debris. Take out the gauss rifle and aim it - with one hand, and using the metal as a support - roughly downward at the smooth rock just beyond the shield, aiming a little away so that if the projectile bounces it doesn't do so at me. If still alive after firing, observe any visible effects.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:47:21 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13669 on: April 21, 2013, 03:58:51 am »

((You should probably anchor yourself to the mpv or something, just in case))

Zephyris - Blue Team - Sector 18

"If I remember correctly we are to map out sectors 13 - 19 by going in a wide arc counter-clockwise around the base to sector 13. Or at least that's the last thing I heard before going to sleep." Zephyris looked at the current map, "Since we're already in sector 18, I'd also suggest just starting here like Flint said."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:06:12 am by MutzelRX »
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #13670 on: April 21, 2013, 07:36:54 am »

""Well, this is strange."

Ponder if whatever cut the pattern in could still be alive/around while holding shotgun if on person.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13671 on: April 21, 2013, 10:01:39 am »

"Right, zones 13 to 19. Cool. Let's get started!"

Send out a drone to map the immediate surroundings and take stock of our supplies.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13672 on: April 21, 2013, 10:34:05 am »

((Is the reason for the low activity right now (at least it feels a bit like it's low) because of the finals? Funny thing, I don't have them for another month and a half.

Regarding the descriptions we had recently of the black forest, and the magma sea, some pictures would be really nice right now. The descriptions are really nice, but it's still kind of hard to visualize. Piecewise, is your sister still very busy? Or maybe Sean, could you maybe help out? We know you can draw.

And for the flat zone experiment Anton is doing right now, I'd actually prefer to be with him, especially since it was my idea to have ice skates. But it's not like anybody bother to say what experiments were planned, so yeah.))

Team Blue:
So the carvings looked manmade. Well, that took care of the last doubts about whether all this wa natural. The question was now how it was connected. Would do well to put some equivalent of a security camera around to observe. But that could wait until this place was at least somewhat explored. Or maybe this place did run a long time ago, but has discharged over the years. That would mean that what they were observing was just a shadow of it's former self, but it may be possible to somehow charge it to make it work again. The key to everything was interaction. Not what the zones were themselves, but how they interacted with each other.

The key to everything when confused is to either piece it together by bits and pieces, or look at the bigger picture. But in order to do the former, they'd need to know how worked really well. That wasn't going to happen. So the objective is to look at the bigger picture. Bigger and bigger until the stuff starts to make sense. Even the actions of Haebi, or whatever those things were called, start to make sense, when you look at something as basic as survival. And from these big things, the little puzzles can be reasoned. But for now, something else needed to be done.

On a private chanell to Zephyris: "Um, Zephyris, do you mind if I have a couple words with you? I mean, you've seen the squabble we've had with Flint the other day, and... you've heard my backstory. The thing is, you don't really talk much.

Now, it's not a bad thing, but the thing is, I'd like to know a little about the people I'm traveling with. And I don't mean your past, you can keep that to yourself. But I'd like to know your reaction to what happened. If say, you were disgusted, I'd rather hear that now from you rather than later, when it can come as an unpleasant surprise. Or even be life-threatening, if some of these anomalies mess with our minds."
((Grrr, it's hard to write good dialogue. Also, the funny thing is I had most of this written down 12 hours ago, but fell asleep.))

Help Bishop with whatever he is doing, including the stuff we don't actually need to do, like taking stock of our supplies.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 10:44:02 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13673 on: April 21, 2013, 11:43:24 am »

[GREEN TEAM]

Follow Lars, keeping an eye on the higher regions of the spires.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:05:13 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13674 on: April 21, 2013, 11:45:03 am »

Reply on private channel:
"I wouldn't say 'disgusted'. I believe that infighting will do us harm in the long run. There's nothing wrong with clearing up conflicts, but I found that squabble rather escalating. A bit counterproductive to 'clearing up' in my opinion."
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13675 on: April 21, 2013, 12:01:06 pm »

Reply on private channel:
"I wouldn't say 'disgusted'. I believe that infighting will do us harm in the long run. There's nothing wrong with clearing up conflicts, but I found that squabble rather escalating. A bit counterproductive to 'clearing up' in my opinion."
"Yeah, I think we've got it stabilized now. Flint made it pretty clear that he doesn't like me, but will work with me for the purposes of the mission. On my side, I bear him no ill. So as long as we avoid casual interaction, I think we'll be fine. It's just that Flint freaked out, because apparently I don't value the human life, and I wanted to make you haven't done the same, just silently."
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13676 on: April 21, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »

Base team

Look around to see if there is anything that could be used to transport and keep a 'metal slug', maybe even keep one alive. Check if anything could be cobbled together to accomplish this goal.

((Just posting an action for action's sake really. Still, it could be useful somewhere in the future))

Quote from: Message to Mesk:
"How is the drop-off going? Once you're finished, you can return to base, they'll be gone for quite some time. No need to keep you there doing nothing."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 03:00:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #13677 on: April 21, 2013, 03:08:09 pm »

Alright, Red, I'm done with this thing for now. Making my way over to you now.

Base, while we're out in the local lethal lava lands, I intend to hopefully sample one of the bio specimens. Any recommendations?

Rebury the chunk and go to the local lethal lava lands, sharpish.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13678 on: April 21, 2013, 04:15:37 pm »

Alright, Red, I'm done with this thing for now. Making my way over to you now.

Base, while we're out in the local lethal lava lands, I intend to hopefully sample one of the bio specimens. Any recommendations?

Rebury the chunk and go to the local lethal lava lands, sharpish.

"I'm working on a way to capture and store one. At any rate, be sure to collect some ground samples in front and behind one of them. I believe someone said they seemed to be 'grazing', so this might give us some idea of what they eat and how they metabolize it."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13679 on: April 22, 2013, 02:32:37 am »

Team Red - Lukas

"Yeah, the scenery is amazing here, but where are these biospecimens?"

Look around to see if I can see any biospecimens.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:34:17 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 910 911 [912] 913 914 ... 1256