Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831043 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14430 on: June 07, 2013, 10:09:06 pm »

give moruls rifle to anyone wishing to fire upon the crystal or the nearest guy weilding a laser rifle.
Then move to a position well out of the crystals line of fire and prepare for a mad dash to grab any falling crystal shards.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14431 on: June 08, 2013, 03:51:50 am »

TO EVERYONE:"Im going to try stopping it anyone else would be appreciated, I will heat the ground ahead of it and try to trap it in molten rock"
Use microwave manipulator to melt the stone ahead of the crystal construct in an area large enough to trap it....hopefully
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14432 on: June 08, 2013, 03:57:54 am »

((Oh no, not another Dam mission incident.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14433 on: June 08, 2013, 04:12:53 am »

((Whelp it worked didnt it?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14434 on: June 08, 2013, 05:06:43 am »

((And killed several people.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14435 on: June 08, 2013, 05:27:21 am »

((ER: Suicide bombing living crystalline skyscraper-battleships with miniature suns.))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:31:59 am by Parisbre56 »

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14436 on: June 08, 2013, 06:06:54 am »

To myself and Zephyris: "Well, we're here. Hopefully safe. And the MPV's out of power as well. I suppose it'll have to live up to it's name when we move again.

I think it's a good idea to weather the storm here. Better to disperse and trust the distance when those things strike. I don't think even the Life Support bunker would protect us. You know, this whole laser that can make craters, some idiots trying to destroy it, this waiting at the periphery, the whole ordeal just reminds me of that Spitakasar mountain... maybe not on that level, but still.

Now, why don't you be a good girl and go to sleep right now. Or soon. Seeing as there's two of us guarding this supply train, at least one person should be awake at all times. And I've just rested. Unless you want to hear the screams of our dying teammates that will probably soon be happening, some people quite enjoy that. Well, I'm not really fazed by those."

"Uhm...yeah, I'll take a rest then. Wake me when it's time to switch."

Try to get some sleep
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14437 on: June 08, 2013, 06:30:33 am »

We'll just consider that miyamoto's group (Paris, you, corsair, radio, etc) are all following along with the crystal. Because it moves one tile each turn and you guys seem to be having a hard time keeping up with it. If you're gonna do something I suggest you do it sometime soon, since it's gonna keep moving regardless.

((Darn, for some reason I thought it had stopped moving once it started bleeding. Hmm))

Comm line to the team members that are with me here: 'Damn guys, I'm really starting to doubt this. If it really is returning into its dormant state we would probably do better by waiting it out. Or maybe its reproducing, and that new orange fluid is its offspring, meaning attacking would be best. What do you guys think?'

Keep up with the crystalthing, fly and carry Lukas if we're falling behind. Fly over the newly made chasm once the electrofields block further passage, but only if I have enough fuel for it. And we don't have to fly directly in front of or above our crystalfriend. Try to determine how much longer it will take for it to completely go liquid again, if it keeps doing that at the current rate.

TO EVERYONE:"Im going to try stopping it anyone else would be appreciated, I will heat the ground ahead of it and try to trap it in molten rock"
Use microwave manipulator to melt the stone ahead of the crystal construct in an area large enough to trap it....hopefully

((Isn't the canyon white-hot already from that lasershot?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14438 on: June 08, 2013, 07:13:15 am »

((Oh no, not another Dam mission incident.))

((Was nice knowing you guys.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14439 on: June 08, 2013, 12:03:17 pm »

Join Miyamoto then take out laser rifle.

"Reporting for duty."
"Reporting for potentially fatal  duty."
((No can do. Don't expect any updates until this situation is resolved and this month ends.))

"Oh, shi-"

Fire rockets! Get out of here and out of range of that thing! Dodge, dodge, dodge! If that thing is still bothering me after I exit the canyon, make my way towards the black towers in the lake-bed so that I can hide behind one. Try to stay away from teammates during my escape. ((Hopefully I didn't go down the canyon near my teammates but further back then that.))

Make it not be a laser, make it not be a laser, make it...

((I think that it won't shoot lasers (more likely to shoot crystals, or maybe try to catch me with a crystal claw or something) since lasers would mean it would risk hitting that thing I just sampled and it obviously cares about that. Unless it's either a stupid crystal or a super accurate ninja crystal.))
[aux:3]
You leap from the ground and activate your jump pods, trying your best to outrun the crystal's attack, whatever it is. As you fly upwards, a bead of light the size of a billiard ball condenses on the crystal's outstretched limb. A thin stream of light the size of a pencil bursts forth and sweeps lazily across the canyon as you rocket straight up. You make it up and out of the canyon. Mostly.

The beam of light sweeps lazily across your legs. You lose the right leg at the knee and the left foot just above the ankle. The MK II seals and saves you from instant death in the vacuum and pumps a cocktail of drugs into you to dull the pain and halt the bleeding. It's all so fast that you barely notice that it's happened. It doesn't really kick in till you try to land out side the canyon and collapse; lacking the landing gear, so to speak.

Try and scrape my hand on the strap holding it down until it starts to bleed. Use the blood as a lubricant, and try and pull my hand out.

((Also, because of the way you worded the shot, would I have IC knowledge of things like Mesk's nanobots? Or would I have been too busy lining up the shot to notice?))
Well, we'll assume mesk's pseudo-immortality is well known enough that you know it. I'm sure stories of Jim blithely breaking him in half would be well known.

Also, you're still suited, so. Yeah. They never said to strip ya, just tie you down. Little bit silly really. Your heat fins have already burnt their way through the mattress.

Enter weird head-noise zone, and see if it affects me. If it does, back out and start heading around.

You walk a few feet in. Nothing seems to happen. Hmm. How far in do you want to go, and in what direction? Just straight forward?

give moruls rifle to anyone wishing to fire upon the crystal or the nearest guy weilding a laser rifle.
Then move to a position well out of the crystals line of fire and prepare for a mad dash to grab any falling crystal shards.

Considering the crystal has shown the ability to carve a white hot gash in stone 50 miles away from it's current location, I'm gonna say that "out of it's line of fire" may be wishful thinking.

You duck behind a rock anyways.

I'm gonna say this once: Melting a hole like that would require literally vaporizing a section of stone a half mile in diameter and several hundred feet deep. Are you sure you want to try that?

To myself and Zephyris: "Well, we're here. Hopefully safe. And the MPV's out of power as well. I suppose it'll have to live up to it's name when we move again.

I think it's a good idea to weather the storm here. Better to disperse and trust the distance when those things strike. I don't think even the Life Support bunker would protect us. You know, this whole laser that can make craters, some idiots trying to destroy it, this waiting at the periphery, the whole ordeal just reminds me of that Spitakasar mountain... maybe not on that level, but still.

Now, why don't you be a good girl and go to sleep right now. Or soon. Seeing as there's two of us guarding this supply train, at least one person should be awake at all times. And I've just rested. Unless you want to hear the screams of our dying teammates that will probably soon be happening, some people quite enjoy that. Well, I'm not really fazed by those."

"Uhm...yeah, I'll take a rest then. Wake me when it's time to switch."

Try to get some sleep
You take a  nice nap while your team is mutilated and probably dies out on the cold surface of this alien death trap.

Nappy Nap.

We'll just consider that miyamoto's group (Paris, you, corsair, radio, etc) are all following along with the crystal. Because it moves one tile each turn and you guys seem to be having a hard time keeping up with it. If you're gonna do something I suggest you do it sometime soon, since it's gonna keep moving regardless.

((Darn, for some reason I thought it had stopped moving once it started bleeding. Hmm))

Comm line to the team members that are with me here: 'Damn guys, I'm really starting to doubt this. If it really is returning into its dormant state we would probably do better by waiting it out. Or maybe its reproducing, and that new orange fluid is its offspring, meaning attacking would be best. What do you guys think?'

Keep up with the crystalthing, fly and carry Lukas if we're falling behind. Fly over the newly made chasm once the electrofields block further passage, but only if I have enough fuel for it. And we don't have to fly directly in front of or above our crystalfriend. Try to determine how much longer it will take for it to completely go liquid again, if it keeps doing that at the current rate.

((Isn't the canyon white-hot already from that lasershot?))
Hard to say how long it will take to "go liquid". It doesn't seem to be losing physical mass; it's staying the same size while continuing to produce the orange stuff. As per keeping up, we'll assume it doesn't move this turn if only to see what corsair says about actually trying that or not.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14440 on: June 08, 2013, 12:05:42 pm »

"So, what are we waiting for?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14441 on: June 08, 2013, 01:02:59 pm »

"Well, your the boss Miya. What do we do? Attack that thing, leave it alone and hope for the best or do something else?"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14442 on: June 08, 2013, 02:49:01 pm »

Miyamoto, it doesn't look like it's losing anything while producing that fluid, so I'd bet that it's reproducing and not just deactivating itself. And considering what it's done already, even if it is deactivating, do we really want something like that so close to the base?

Aim in on the section that appears to be producing more fluid, if possible.

Get a good distance away from Manipulator guy, while remaining in range.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2013, 08:21:08 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14443 on: June 08, 2013, 04:21:11 pm »

"Anyone! HELP!"
Ask for help. Keep dodging the thing with the rockets if it keeps firing, preferably getting further away from it while doing so. If it doesn't fire, just keep crawling away.

((Assuming someone who can fly came and picked me up and that thing is still firing:))
"Thanks! Think you can get me to those black domes? I think it's the only thing that can stop its energy beams. And whatever you do, don't take me anywhere near the base."

"And can someone go and pick up my legs and stick 'em in the freezer? I like my legs. I've known them all my life. And I like the part of my exosuit that is with them. I wouldn't like them to stay out there to rot. Just don't mess with the orange stuff, that thing gets really angry when you do that."

EDIT:((And that MK2 is finally paying off. I'd prefer it if it didn't have to pay off, but oh well. No pain, no gain. If our scientists can analyze that crap I just collected and make a crystal tower for me, (or even better make me into a crystaltower) then it would have all been worth it. Some tokens would be fine too, but not as fine as me being able to drive that thing.))
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:40:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14444 on: June 08, 2013, 06:08:04 pm »

"Hey guys, about how far in did theird head-noise start in that one zone?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 961 962 [963] 964 965 ... 1256