Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832024 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Screwed and Mutinous
« Reply #14655 on: June 16, 2013, 06:24:35 am »

"I'm not dying today."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #14656 on: June 17, 2013, 02:39:03 am »

((Oops, sorry, I was away for a bit))

Lukas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyuNidSrVik

Activate bullseye mode and aim for the biggest chunk of crystal on the ...uhm crystal. Fire the particle cannon.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:24:31 am by Prosperus »
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14657 on: June 17, 2013, 03:12:35 am »

((I wonder if lukas can choose what kind of particles to fire... if he can fire a beam consisting of only neutrons then he could theoretically convert pats of the creature into transuranic substances and allow their miniscule half lives to convert the affected parts into radioactive dust.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14658 on: June 17, 2013, 04:00:21 am »

((Neutron activation wouldn't really play too much of a part, even a pure neutron particle beam (not really possible, accelerating neutral particles electromagnetically?) would still be a particle beam first and foremost, with all related effects.))

If Morul's right - and that vision hasn't been too wrong yet, that I know of, we can't do anything - and it seems to have driven him insane finding out. However, he only said 'her', possibly pertaining only to me, and possibly pertaining to only one hit. If Lukas and you are included, I don't know. Your call, Miyamoto.

Await go/no go orders.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 04:06:05 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14659 on: June 17, 2013, 04:50:56 am »

((Why not have manipulator/amp users increase the temperature of the crystal to assist?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14660 on: June 17, 2013, 05:34:35 am »

((You guys really are hellbent on shooting that crystal, aren't you?))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14661 on: June 17, 2013, 05:48:08 am »

((I would personally prefer to either bury it, or lure it into the vector anomaly.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14662 on: June 17, 2013, 05:55:49 am »

((I would prefer to have lukas nail it in its center of mass with his particle cannon and hurl it into the gravity seep, just for the awesome mental image.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14663 on: June 17, 2013, 06:48:13 am »

((Neutron activation wouldn't really play too much of a part, even a pure neutron particle beam (not really possible, accelerating neutral particles electromagnetically?) would still be a particle beam first and foremost, with all related effects.))

If Morul's right - and that vision hasn't been too wrong yet, that I know of, we can't do anything - and it seems to have driven him insane finding out. However, he only said 'her', possibly pertaining only to me, and possibly pertaining to only one hit. If Lukas and you are included, I don't know. Your call, Miyamoto.

Await go/no go orders.

'If Lukas hits it, then go for it as well, if he doesn't then wait. I think Morul might've been right about you not having enough power on your own.'

((You guys really are hellbent on shooting that crystal, aren't you?))

((Well, it has been bogging us down for several weeks now I believe. And really, do we want to spend the rest of the mission in fear of that thing doing something at any given moment? Although luring it does sound tempting, we'd still need to find a way then to make it follow us.))
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:50:12 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #14664 on: June 17, 2013, 01:18:47 pm »

Very well. Let's hope that whatever Morul saw pertained only to me and not all of us.

If Lukas hits, fire a grenade at the spot that was hit and perform evasive rocket maneuvers if the behemoth retaliates.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14665 on: June 17, 2013, 02:01:56 pm »

Assemble the requisite materials for the leg replacement while showing Auron what to do.  Keep charging that sweet, sweet dynamic bonus.

"See this part? I've been told it's called a Knee. And that, apparently, it's part of this gangly bit called leg. Weird, right?"

Flint twitches and mutters something about "self lubricating" in his sleep.

"Strange..." Auron says, cocking his head.

"Nah, I hear the Doc altered his brain to make him a robo-sexual, so I've been sneaking aphrodisiacs into his food to see if I can eventually get him to fuck a toaster."

Auron stares.

"What? It's ethical! Probably."

Sleep a bit while waiting for surgery. Maybe have a moment of satori regarding the crystal or this planet in my sleep. Or maybe just a prophetic dream. Or Simus in a suggestive pose, that's fine too.

((I'm starting to feel bad for poor Lukas. Has he ever been given a chance to use that particle gun?))
You dream about exactly what kind of attachments a female robot might be able to have.

Uhhhh.... status check?

((Also, yes, in VR at least. He toasted Little Girl.))
Oh you're alive. Unconscious though. Also whoever pulls off your helmet is in for a surprise.

Miyamoto, Lukas, hold fire. Anton, what's going on with him?

Hold fire for now.
Holding fire.

hide some more
hiding some more.

achieve dynamic bonus by watching mesk perform surgery, if successful attach flints second roboleg.
If unsuccessful or mesk amputates the entire leg due to overshots, sterilize my suits gloves and open a braincase outside in complete vacuum to maintain its internal sterility.

Mesk continues to demonstrate the antithesis of the Hippocratic Oath.

Replate the damaged areas on the outside, then check the fuel lines, controlling mechanisms and electronics and the engines for any missed bits of damage. Run a few diagnostics too, just to make sure it's all working fine.
[aux:1+2]

You attempt to repair the shuttle using jazz hands. It doesn't seem to work.

Continue explorations.

"Well, it looks like we have white domes here that may go underground. I'll pass on exploration until I've finished mapping, though."

You wander around marking out all the domes. The place seems pretty safe so far.

Iron Miyamoto, the tech who could not die.
((If a person wearing a suit of armor that's taller than an MBT is long is in legitimate fear for his life from something happening, I believe it is time for all people wearing MkIs to get off-planetoid.))

Morul steps outside and closes his eyes; opening his mind to a level of information completely beyond anything he could comprehend. But before the shadows could swarm in; before they held his eyes open and he collapsed, screaming in pain, he managed to yell two things.

"DON'T LET HER TOUCH IT! IT'S NOT ENOUGH POWER!"
"Her? Her who? Not enough? Okay, nevermind, we're out of here."

De-ass the area with the quickness, seeking any location with no direct line of sight to the crystal and as much rock as possible between it and us. If Morul is in no condition to move himself, check if I can lift and carry him in the current conditions. If I can't, just drag him.

Miyamoto, Lukas, hold fire. Anton, what's going on with him?

Hold fire for now.
"Either someone's blasting Macarena over his suit's comms, or he's down with a severe case of scream-inducing migraine. We're vacating the premises. Last things he screamed, if it means anything to you, were "Don't let her touch it" and "It's not enough power". If I were to guess, whatever he saw did not fill him with confidence in your plan's success." Anton pauses, thinking for a moment. "If you would like my opinion, I would concur - if the crystal can convert energy into lasers, then you're about to toss a barrel of oil into a hive of flaming bees. Could be worth rethinking, XO."
You drag Morul inside and into the infirmary.

"MAN FALL DOWN! GO SCREAM!" You yell at Mesk as you drag morul in.

"Yeah, yeah, throw'em in the pile." Mesk replies, pointing into the corner.

((Shit, not much time to post, will read the rest later today and alter action if I can/need to.))

Let Lukas fire if he can't hold it, then fly us away asap.

'shit, I don't think he can hold on like this much longer.
Lukas, try to hold, or just shoot into space if you can. Craaaap, i hate that thing.

Everybody except Lukas and Simus should get back to basd and start moving our supplies to the ai core or outside the base. If morul is right there is nothing we have now to damage it.

Lukas doesn't seem to be listening to you. He's too busy aiming. That and he's literally bolted to the ground, so moving him is gonna be a hell of a thing.

((Oops, sorry, I was away for a bit))

Lukas: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyuNidSrVik

Activate bullseye mode and aim for the biggest chunk of crystal on the ...uhm crystal. Fire the particle cannon.

The recoil of the cannon pushes you several inches back, your pins tearing straight through the stone. The compressed mass of energetic particles screams up toward the crystal. It gets within 100 feet or so before it slams into something unseen. The particles splatter outward, like liquid white phosphorous, spraying across empty space as a thousand falling stars. The barrier, shimmering like hot air and bowed in by the shot, expands back and vanishes. The crystal stops moving and begins to deform. Not a limb, not a protrusion. The entire upper half of it begins to form into an immense crystalline concave dish.

Await go/no go orders.
"Oh...well....Nice knowing you Miyamoto, Lukas."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14666 on: June 17, 2013, 02:03:52 pm »

DUCK AND COVER!Scratch that. RUn like hell in the safest direction possible.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:21:49 pm by Tavik Toth »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14667 on: June 17, 2013, 02:10:49 pm »

"I have a sudden, inexplicable feeling, that something terrible is about to happen."

Dash to CCR, fire up what sensors still remain and point them at the crystal. Open comms to the whole team and relay what is going on so that people can act accordingly. Open the hatch to the AI bunker and drop in at the first sign of things going spectacularly pear-shaped.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14668 on: June 17, 2013, 02:19:54 pm »

"OH GOD ALGIS SAVE US ALL"

Run like I have never ran before.  Get as far away from Lukas and the crystal as possible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14669 on: June 17, 2013, 02:22:42 pm »

((I think it has some sort of shield thing.))
Pages: 1 ... 976 977 [978] 979 980 ... 1256