Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830766 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: From Bad to Worse
« Reply #15300 on: July 23, 2013, 05:51:59 pm »

And I've rigged an antenna that's turned out to be far, far more powerful than I had in mind. Working on connecting it now, then I'll do what'll hopefully be the final patch to the Lab umbilical.

Carefully hook up the antenna to the wire that I laid out here earlier. Accept the thermal camera offer only once I'm done, if Auron bugs me while I'm working, firmly shove him away. If he persists, whack him upside the head with that monkey wrench I still have on me.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15301 on: July 23, 2013, 06:16:46 pm »

((What was the point of having Zephyris, if all I ended up doing is carrying her?  :D

It seems that the God Complex that Bishop had at the his first mission seems to be slowly coming back. He he he.))

"She certainly maintained that she were, but I'm not sure how much medicine could be really done while we're in a suit. And no, I am not capable of medicine, although I had good marks on anatomy and a couple other courses. Too bad we didn't get that sand... or atmosphere... shit. I really am getting old!" Shouldn't have been thinking so much of my eyes, and more about what was before my eyes. "I completely forgot to take a sample of the atmosphere. Oh well. Maybe we'll try this again later in a more opportune spot, or with a different team.

Sorry, got distracted for a moment. Are you injured? Can you walk comfortably? I'd like to continue exploring, but unless it's just a bruise, you should be taken to the base."

Quote from: To Simus and Bishop
How are those repairs going?

Quote from: To Denzel
Are you still in base? In that case we may have an opening. Robots are extra appreciated.

PS: Can you tell me who at the base is not doing anything at the moment?
PPS: If you're coming, bring some rope.

Quote from: To Jack
Are you doing anything? If not, could you grab an MPV and ride over here? Lars may or may not have been injured.

PS: Bring some rope.

Walk over to Zephyris and lightly slap her on the head to gain her attention. "Can you medic? Go medic." Then point over to Lars. If necessary, explain what I am doing using a morse code of hitting her on the head.
Then stand over her shoulder and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid, like try to take Lars out of his suit to take care of him. Of try to cut his head off. Well, you know the drill.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 06:31:37 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15302 on: July 23, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »

Quote from: To Vichislav, Re: Repairs
Decently, although the lab umbilical is going to be a patchwork of welds once we're done. I've had to cut into and out of it far too many times for my comfort, even if I'm fine in vacuum.

However, we do have an antenna that could broadcast to the edge of known space, once I hook it up.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15303 on: July 23, 2013, 08:14:59 pm »

Quote from: To Vich, Re: Exploration
I was planning on heading north solo, through the fast zone. However, I'm taking quite a bit of supplies with me, so depending on what's up there, I may actually be able to meet up with you. However, if you would prefer that I join up with your group, let me know and I'll change my plans.

Action edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15304 on: July 23, 2013, 08:29:20 pm »

Quote from: To Simus
Good to know. So how soon is it that the repairs finish then?

Yes, I would very much prefer that. We encountered something akin to a sandstorm, and Lars was swept off his feet and somehow injured. He's alive and isn't screaming in pain, but we still need a replacement. It's good you've agreed.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15305 on: July 24, 2013, 12:25:44 am »

((I think that he feels entitled to a bit of showboating. He just built a bit of a building, which he's never really done before, out of scrap and got it to work properly the first time. That's damn good in his opinion and he's very happy right now.))

Quote from: To Vichislav, Re: Repairs
I just finished building a wall for the garage out of scrap and salvage. It's holding fine under pressurization and I got it right on the first go. Needless to say, I am very happy. Now working on fixing the jammed door to the garage.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #15306 on: July 24, 2013, 05:32:32 am »

Lukas follows Bishop to the door between the garage and the CCR.

"What do you think? I think we need to remove this one and put a new one in its place. In that case, I think I can get it out for you. Or do you think this one is fixable?"

Help Bishop with the door. Follow his instructions.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15307 on: July 24, 2013, 09:05:23 am »

((Hey, plankton is cool.))

Before putting the goo sacks back in the vault, check to see whether or not I can identify the microorganisms responsible for maintaining and operating the membrane.

Check the drone footage to see if I caught what's making those black tower grooves on cam.

((Just 10 pages of posts left and I'll be giving you the updated notes, hopefully today or tommorow.
I'll probably have limited internet access during August, anybody want to take up the notes during that time? No need to maintain them on the level I do, just update the squads and maybe the sector info, so that Miyamoto can give some orders when he wakes.))

((EDIT: Hey, how is Vich talking to everyone if they're still in that electronics distortion field? And the base doesn't have an antenna installed yet?))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:56:57 am by Parisbre56 »

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15308 on: July 24, 2013, 11:49:29 am »

((I believe we came out of the field when I carried my teammates out of the storm. Besides, the blockage was hardly a complete one.

And about the antenna... First, I was able to speak to my teammates immediately after the BOOM, so I was doing it for a while. Changing it now would kind of mess up a lot of things. Like me knowing that everyone is alive.

And secondly, I believe that Piecewise has said something (right after the BOOM) along the lines of "Your current map is broken, so you can't get updates from Alvin. You will have to manually relay it from yourself to somebody in the base, and have them send it to you." You get the idea.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15309 on: July 24, 2013, 11:59:06 am »

((We've been using suit radios this whole time. You've still been in contact with everyone and able to transmit the map, it's just using suit systems now and won't affect the base computers.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15310 on: July 24, 2013, 02:01:58 pm »

Previous|Next

Spoiler: --- Team Info --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Base Map --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Sector Numbers --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Subhex numbers --- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: --- Useful links --- (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:58:37 pm by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15311 on: July 24, 2013, 02:03:11 pm »

Spoiler: --- Locations/Objects of Interest on AP 1774 (Vastitatibus Temporis (The Waste(s) of Time)) ---
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:56:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15312 on: July 24, 2013, 02:03:41 pm »

Spoiler: --- Stockpiles/Equipment/POI in Base (Canary Base) ---
Spoiler:  -- Medbay -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Armory -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Garage -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Kitchen -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Barracks -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- AI ("ALVIN") -- (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  -- Life support -- (click to show/hide)

((Done, although not quite happy with the layout. Might change it later. Anyway, as always, any problems or suggestions, send a PM.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 01:13:55 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15313 on: July 24, 2013, 02:08:59 pm »

"Stop. Bouldertime."

Fill that hole!
But you don't see a wench anywhere?  And you have no money.

OH, that hole, not THAT hole.

[str:5]
You completely fill up the rest of that hole like the Rock hard stud that you are.

"Excellent."

Go and have a nap.
(You know, when people don't say "go and have a nap" and just say "take a nap" I imagine them just passing out and falling face first to the ground right where they were standing.)

You head to the barracks and curl up on one of the beds.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. I have just designed and built a fucking wall for the garage out of salvage and scrap and it's holding fine under pressurization, and I did it right the first time. I am THE MAN. You may thank me later once I've fixed the door to the garage so you may all inspect my architectural prowess in person. That is all." Bishop broadcasted over the radio to everyone before turning to Lukas.

"Okay, enough showboating. Let's fix that door."

Inspect the damage to the garage door and determine if it's fixable and what it might take. Then get Lukas to help straighten it out so I can get to work.
It's fixable, thats for sure, but it's gonna need a lot of controlled force to straighten it without damaging it further. If you could get Lukas inside this would be easy, but the only way would be to go through this door. You could weld on some handles and let him pull, but they' would need to be extremely robust.

"Many thanks, brother Vich.  The strength of the divine moves with you.  Are you or our non-responsive friend here capable in medicine?  I am not sure how badly I am hurt, and, well, doctoring makes no sense to me."

Check suit readout to see if it has any information on my injury.  If not, see if it has any neat tricks to figure out and use.  And see if I can walk on my own.
Your suit says nothing about your injuries- guess it probably has trouble Registering trauma that isn't obvious and external.
[aux:3]
You can't find anything neat in the suit, beyond the fact that you can voluntarily activate the cutting system on any part. You try to stand up.
[end:3]
You manage to get up, but it's hard; straightening your back is too painful to bear, all you can manage is a bent over stagger. Feels like your ribs are broken.

Finish filling up the hole, then head up to Vich, bringing rope and supplies.
You head out to vich, carrying some rope and supplies. Not a lot, but enough.

And I've rigged an antenna that's turned out to be far, far more powerful than I had in mind. Working on connecting it now, then I'll do what'll hopefully be the final patch to the Lab umbilical.

Carefully hook up the antenna to the wire that I laid out here earlier. Accept the thermal camera offer only once I'm done, if Auron bugs me while I'm working, firmly shove him away. If he persists, whack him upside the head with that monkey wrench I still have on me.
find simus and offer her a thermal camera and the program in exchange for installing a thermal camera in my helmet.

Sit in an area life support if she accepts, check what computer systems are still functioning if she does not start right away.

[handi:5]
You wire the thing up and stick it up on the roof, ready to be used. That done you try and wire up Auron.
[aux:1]
You yank Auron's helmet off to get at the circuitry. He immediately collapses to the ground.

"Oh, thats right, vacuum. Humans need to breathe."

You jam his helmet back on and seal it.  He doesn't move

"Aw geez."

((What was the point of having Zephyris, if all I ended up doing is carrying her?  :D

It seems that the God Complex that Bishop had at the his first mission seems to be slowly coming back. He he he.))

"She certainly maintained that she were, but I'm not sure how much medicine could be really done while we're in a suit. And no, I am not capable of medicine, although I had good marks on anatomy and a couple other courses. Too bad we didn't get that sand... or atmosphere... shit. I really am getting old!" Shouldn't have been thinking so much of my eyes, and more about what was before my eyes. "I completely forgot to take a sample of the atmosphere. Oh well. Maybe we'll try this again later in a more opportune spot, or with a different team.

Sorry, got distracted for a moment. Are you injured? Can you walk comfortably? I'd like to continue exploring, but unless it's just a bruise, you should be taken to the base."

Are you still in base? In that case we may have an opening. Robots are extra appreciated.

Are you doing anything? If not, could you grab an MPV and ride over here? Lars may or may not have been injured.

Walk over to Zephyris and lightly slap her on the head to gain her attention. "Can you medic? Go medic." Then point over to Lars. If necessary, explain what I am doing using a morse code of hitting her on the head.
Then stand over her shoulder and make sure she doesn't do anything stupid, like try to take Lars out of his suit to take care of him. Of try to cut his head off. Well, you know the drill.

(She's ballast :P)

[Zeph med:5]
Zeph examines Lars.

"Broken ribs. Possible internal injuries. Impossible to tell with the suit on. Assuming no internal injuries, pain medication and reduced movement is best."

((Hey, plankton is cool.))

Before putting the goo sacks back in the vault, check to see whether or not I can identify the microorganisms responsible for maintaining and operating the membrane.

Check the drone footage to see if I caught what's making those black tower grooves on cam.

((Just 10 pages of posts left and I'll be giving you the updated notes, hopefully today or tommorow.
I'll probably have limited internet access during August, anybody want to take up the notes during that time? No need to maintain them on the level I do, just update the squads and maybe the sector info, so that Miyamoto can give some orders when he wakes.))

((EDIT: Hey, how is Vich talking to everyone if they're still in that electronics distortion field? And the base doesn't have an antenna installed yet?))
(I love plankton. They're terrestrial aliens; life so broad and differentiated that it makes Humans and hamsters look like first cousins.)

-The ones that maintain the membrane seem to be long, flatworm looking creatures. You can't tell how they're making the membrane, but they're constantly slithering across it and never go very deep into the goo.

-You sit and watch the footage on fast forward. It doesn't take long  to see it. It seems like the marks are made by the beetles that you saw around. They seem to eat their way down the tower in erratic spiraling patterns. The patterns look like engraving at first glance only because the patterns have some degree of repetition and follow the spiral track down the tower.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15314 on: July 24, 2013, 02:23:20 pm »

((I said accept the offer, not work on it!))
Pages: 1 ... 1019 1020 [1021] 1022 1023 ... 1256