Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3831646 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: Blue Screen of Death
« Reply #15435 on: July 30, 2013, 02:39:41 am »

Ask Bishop to fix my radio.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15436 on: July 30, 2013, 10:04:48 am »

Miyamoto, I feel that I am of much more use here at base, there's still a lot of work to be done. I suggest sending Lukas along with Red team as their leader instead of me.

Quote from: Message to Simus
I knew you'd prefer to stay here, but I'm not sure Lukas is the right man for this job right now. He's not the type of person that would force his authority over someone else. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but with Morul... After his little stunt with the shuttle, I'm not sure what to think of him. I can't really punish him now that he's lost his memory, but if opposing orders and forcing his ideas upon a situation is a personality trait of him, it'd be good to have someone stern to keep an eye on him. Still, I'll ask Lukas about it, see what he thinks. Or Flint could do it, maybe.

Quote from: message to Lukas
Hey there Lukas, you feeling better yet? How's your arm doing?
Do you think you'd be capable of leading red team? Simus would like to work here for a bit longer, but if you don't feel like it I'll ask Flint, even though I haven't heard from him in a while.

((Pariah: you sure I have those goggles? Can't seem to remember getting them.))

Start cleaning Gilgamesh' cockpit. After that, see if it would be possible to carefully place my broken arm into it's control unit, then lock that limb into place so that the battlesuit's arm acts as a cask of sorts.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:08:36 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15437 on: July 30, 2013, 10:13:07 am »

((Yup, you have them: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg4366303#msg4366303

And Piecewise's reply:
Well, miyamoto is treated, The ball is sealed in the lab, and everything is quiet for this instant....so I suppose all you can do is hand off the demon glasses to our fearless, potentially PTSD'd leader.

PS: Not that Morul would know that.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:00:24 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15438 on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:15 am »

((Lars would probably be better off letting his suit take care of him instead of Mesk.))

"Brother Mesk, how about actually healing now, please?"

Fix the damn radio, damn it.
[aux:6]
You succeed on fixing your radio. Unfortunately now it only transmits. Oh well, at least you can broadcast your sermons again. Sermons of coughing and slow death from internal bleeding. Not exactly the sort of thing to fill the worshipers with happiness.

"Woohooo!....... Doh!
Universe, why do you hate me so much? You make me happy only to sink me into even deeper misery, making me rise so that my fall is greater."

Collect my legs (all 4 of them). Send an embarrassed report of success and foolishness and a request for help back to base. Tell them to bring winches. Or Lukas.

EDIT: How many dynamic bonuses can I rack up per turn? Since I might be down here a while I wanna start getting an Aux and Con bonus for rewiring my robolegs (hopefully it will be as easy as reattaching the same coloured wires) and reattaching them and the exosuit legs by melting the metal with a laser.

Lets say one at a time. Before someone squats down and starts trying to get dynamic bonuses for everything at the same time.

You pick up  your legs and radio for help.

"Gimp to base, gimp to base, please send a lukas. Gimp in a hole. Gimp in a hole. Code 347."

While you wait you look at your severed bits. Well, reattaching the suit's legs is easy enough, and the cut is clean enough that someone could easily reattach the prosthetic, but not here. Gonna need to be back at the medbay for that.

Go learn to fly the shuttle alone. Slowly.
Well, the shuttle got nuked, but there's a mini shuttle. Much the same. Lets give that a go.
[aux:6+1]
Go is the exact right word to describe this. After climbing into the cockpit and finding the on switch, the next thing you do is press a lever forward. This lever is the throttle. Roughly two and a half seconds later you have succeeded in flying the shuttle straight through Bishop's new wall- causing the garage to explosively decompress and blow out the repaired wall completely, while also spraying it's internal contents out  onto the ground like a frat member with too much everclear.

You now find yourself several hundred feet  up, rocketing southward in a parabolic death spin toward the Arc Gap Canyons and Electric Fields. The Shuttle's Main right engine is damaged and everything is terrible.

((Well, sure glad it wasn't Denzel rolling that. Because he would've probably killed me.))

"The universe appears to be on my side today." You say as you loot your ammo off auron's body. Once you're locked and loaded, you  grab auron by the feet and drag him to the barracks. You throw him down near mesk and then walk off without a word.
((Okay, I want everyone in the base to notice this. A man who shot our own shuttle was soon released and is now without any supervision.

At some point, he is alone with another man, the one who was one of the more enthusiastic ones about beating him up. Minutes later, he returns dragging the man's unconsious body, and grinning to himself. Totally not suspicious at all, right Simus?))

Hmm, this is beginning to get uncomfortable. I was never a fan of torture by heat. Maybe fire, but not heat.
Hopefully they can fix this soon.

Do the only thing I can do. Stand completelly immobile.
If my teammates manage to fix the suit, lie down and take a short rest.

You stand completely still, because that's all you can do. However, you have the strange feeling that perhaps you are no longer the most screwed person around. Your Murphy senses are tingling, so to speak.

Heal Lars (properly) and Auron.
[Med:5+2]
You kick Auron in the head.
[auron end:6]
Turns out thats exactly what he needs because now he's up and around.

"SEE! I told you! Kick therapy may not be effective in all- or most- cases but it is a legitimate form of medicine!"

[med:3+2]
You walk over to lars and stick a syringe of coagulant boosters in his neck. It stops the internal bleeding, but he's still got a ruptured lung and broken ribs. He's gonna need surgery for the lung.

be healed, if not healed wake up independantly.

Give simus my helmet to modify if she doesnt take it on her own.
Check roboarms and robolegs to see if they adhere to modular design similiar to synthflesh.
Upload thermal optics program to suit computer.

You hand your helmet to simus.
Succeed on finding out that yes, robot parts are modular.
[aux:1+1]
And then forget what you're doing and drool for a few seconds. Maybe that head injury was worse then we originally thought.

((Don't think I would've seen the whole bit of Morul dragging him there. In fact, I don't think I would even know that the two were alone together.))

Find and collect Auron's helmet, then get about attaching his thermal camera to it. Don't bother with programming for compatibility, that's his end of the operation, just wire it up.
[handi:6]
You wire in an outrageous number of cameras. His head looks like a goddamn poppy seed bagel.

"Ok, thanks guys. Let me know if anything important needs to be fixed soon. I'm going to go check out the rest of the damage and see what we can fix."

Begin the whole base inspection of damage, making a list on my wrist computer to keep track. See what computer hardware can be salvaged or ideally fixed back to working order.
You begin your base inspection in the garage. You get there just in time to see Jack drive the mini shuttle straight through the wall and watch as the entire garage, painstakingly restored and sorted by you and Lukas, gets sucked sideways into vacuum. You close your open text document on your wrist pad and go lay face down in the middle of the garage.

"Ah, back to normal. Now, where are my goggles?"

Search/ask around to figure out where my goggles are. Whether or not I find them, head to the barracks and take my suit off, then fix the radio.
You ask around, looking for your goggles (We'll have to see if anyone fesses up to having them) and then head to the barracks to fix your radio.
[aux:1]
You break your entire helmet in half. Like a walnut.

You're not even sure how that happened.

"Come on, Zeph. I know you're a paperweight, but stop screwing around. Work."

Send Zeph to work on Vich again. Help only if I can actually assist.
[Aux:4+1]
Zeph successfully reboots Vich's suit and his radio at the same time. You knew there was a reason you kept her around. Beyond the pleasant curves and the chance of repopulating this barren, hellish world with her, that is.

Ask Bishop to fix my radio.
You walk up to where bishop is laying, face down on the ground. You give him a bit of a poke. He doesn't move.

Miyamoto, I feel that I am of much more use here at base, there's still a lot of work to be done. I suggest sending Lukas along with Red team as their leader instead of me.

Quote from: Message to Simus
I knew you'd prefer to stay here, but I'm not sure Lukas is the right man for this job right now. He's not the type of person that would force his authority over someone else. Normally that wouldn't be a problem, but with Morul... After his little stunt with the shuttle, I'm not sure what to think of him. I can't really punish him now that he's lost his memory, but if opposing orders and forcing his ideas upon a situation is a personality trait of him, it'd be good to have someone stern to keep an eye on him. Still, I'll ask Lukas about it, see what he thinks. Or Flint could do it, maybe.

Quote from: message to Lukas
Hey there Lukas, you feeling better yet? How's your arm doing?
Do you think you'd be capable of leading red team? Simus would like to work here for a bit longer, but if you don't feel like it I'll ask Flint, even though I haven't heard from him in a while.

((Pariah: you sure I have those goggles? Can't seem to remember getting them.))

Start cleaning Gilgamesh' cockpit. After that, see if it would be possible to carefully place my broken arm into it's control unit, then lock that limb into place so that the battlesuit's arm acts as a cask of sorts.
You hose out the cockpit and take a look at using the arm controls as a cast of sorts. It's possible; pressurizing the cuffs so they hold it in place; but it would require careful adjusting of the cuff's pressure so as not to horribly rebreak your arm in the process.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15439 on: July 30, 2013, 12:12:47 pm »

((Oh, god. Jack, you're horrible at this. I'm sorry Zako, but I will take no responsibility for what just happened. :D

However, I will say in his defense that repairing the garage without first figuring out a way for a shuttle to exit it but through the roof was not a good long-term decision.

Also, I'm fine now. Yay! And it's the first time kicking people actually worked! Mesk is redeemed!! Double Yay! (I don't know what's up with all these exclamation marks.)

But I really like how in the last 3 turns just about everyone and his puppy managed to screw something up and make life worse for themselves. This has to be my favorite turn in a month. :D))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:18:30 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15440 on: July 30, 2013, 12:27:08 pm »

((Bishop's reaction is golden.))

"Accursed *sputter* technology!"

Fix the damn radio for real this time.

"Brother Mesk, about that surgery... could you please not use your foot?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15441 on: July 30, 2013, 12:31:54 pm »

To Miyamoto (I assume my teammates have updated my on the situation): "Welcome back, Dear Leader. Unfortunately, my radio wasn't working well at the time you were making your speech, and I've spent the entirety of this time messing with my radio and my suit, only fixing it now. Could you restate, or send me a recording of your speech? Thank you."

To Team: "Thank you Denzel, thank you Zephy. What happened was that my suit shut down when I tried to fix my radio. Should teach me not to mess with it, not that I ever learn. We should continue exploring now I assume, unless something happened while I was out."

(Resubmitting my action:) How exactly do the fog and radio distortions intersect? How do the storm and the fog intersect?
Is it a rapid transition?

If I need the following action to better answer the questions above, go into the radio distortion square, and observe from there.

Would it be possible to follow the Dust Storm by going through the Static area, between the fog and the storm? I mean, we would still be able to see, right? And even if the Static area doesn't exist between the fog and the storm, but the fog is lighter, would it still be possible for us to follow through there without the threat of getting lost?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15442 on: July 30, 2013, 12:31:55 pm »

((That..was unexpected.))

"We should of put a door in the garage."

Regain control. Fly back to base!

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15443 on: July 30, 2013, 12:32:15 pm »

((Double post.

Edit: Might as well use it.
To Paris: Does the door even work right now, because I don't remember. Especially for shuttles. And I actually never actually understood how the shuttles used the garage doors.

To Paris #2: It could be that they share the same hex but there is still a boundary between them. There is a reason I am asking multiple questions, and that is to clarify. I don't really want to make assumptions based on the two little hexes Piecewise might even have made an error in.))
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:05:58 pm by Thearpox »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15444 on: July 30, 2013, 12:43:45 pm »

"Helooooo? Can you heeeear me? Little Timmyyy fell down the weeeell! Damnit, where's Laddie the robodog when you need him..."

Keep getting those dynamic bonuses. Be glad I have supplies and nothing is slowly filling up the hole or trying to kill me.

However, I will say in his defense that repairing the garage without first figuring out a way for a shuttle to exit it but through the roof was not a good long-term decision.
((Well, there's the door. He could have used THAT. Seems like the HMRC has trouble using doors. Among other things.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15445 on: July 30, 2013, 12:53:54 pm »

Does the door even work right now, because I don't remember. Especially for shuttles. And I actually never actually understood how the shuttles used the garage doors.
((I don't remember it being said that the outer door had a problem. Only the inner door had a problem, as far as I could tell. And the way I imagine it, the garage is a huge building. It has a huge door. Competent pilots can just hover out of the garage. Unless the chains in the garage ceiling can be used to bring the shuttles outside.

And here's how the sectors intersect. The radio distortion is part of the mist. Although it would be interesting to see what happens when the mist touches the sandstorm.))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 01:04:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15446 on: July 30, 2013, 01:32:58 pm »

Zeph successfully reboots Vich's suit and his radio at the same time. You knew there was a reason you kept her around. Beyond the pleasant curves and the chance of repopulating this barren, hellish world with her, that is.
((Wait, what chance?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15447 on: July 30, 2013, 01:49:36 pm »

((The curse of Ivan? How is Ivan even tagentally related here?))

((Wait, what chance?))
((She's female.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15448 on: July 30, 2013, 01:51:28 pm »

((The curse of Ivan? How is Ivan even tagentally related here?))
((Ivan can't use doors. It's his greatest weakness. Also, if you look at the other mission, May has been affected by the curse too.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15449 on: July 30, 2013, 01:52:24 pm »

((The HMRC's continued inability to properly manage a door.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1028 1029 [1030] 1031 1032 ... 1256