Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3868342 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15660 on: August 15, 2013, 12:59:02 pm »

All Red team members, now hear this: if you aren't assembled at the base within a day we will be leaving you behind and going on our mission. If you are incapable of getting here within that time due to somehow being trapped, then radio it in and we can get you out of whatever hole you fell into.

Properly label Flint's flatground fraction as such. Then, await panicked calls from the team members who've wandered off and probably gotten themselves stuck.
"I've gotten a head start. Just tell me where we're headed and I'll relocate.
By the way, who's in this team besides me and you?"

((Not stuck yet! Legs still attached! Yay!))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15661 on: August 15, 2013, 02:23:46 pm »

((Also, I forgot. Did whoever took the MPV take the trailer with them too?))
((Yes, but both are now back at the base. Trailer's still loaded with scraps from the shuttle.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: August 15, 2013, 02:37:20 pm »

((Sorry for not posting for a while, school's been eating up a lot of my free time.))

((I read "school" as "alcohol" at first.))

Lars turns on his radio.  "I can help as long as someone gets me a helmet.  I think I'm okay.

Make sure I'm okay.  Otherwise, sigh and keep reading the Engineer's Pantheon.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #15663 on: August 15, 2013, 04:04:33 pm »

"Hmmm... I'm going to name you... Discoblobs. No, that doesn't sound right... How about... Sparklytapes? Ribbonblobs?"

Carefully approach a small and isolated blob and carefully try to force it in a container without touching it. If nothing bad happens, catch a couple more.

Shine some light on a blob. Do those metal things move faster when struck by light?
Can I see them eating something or reproducing?

If all is well, rock throw my way north, to the sector east of the white domes.

The second you touch the blob it shivers and twitches; the metallic ribbons dart out of the goo and touch the container for a few seconds before darting back in. Once they're back inside the blob the entire thing starts twitching, the metallic strips rearranging themselves into complex patterns and the goo shifts to an electric blue. Strange patterns, what look almost like letters of some sort.

"Well, either way, I want the food/nutripack supplies not all concentrated in the base- in case it gets hit again. I know we have some here, but I don't think it's enough if base goes down. And you do have a point. I will explore with you guys, though I'd rather not follow the train-thing- for one, I'm too far away for foot pursuit, and two, there are others closer."
"Good. In that case I'll take a nap while you go back to me, and once we're all together, we'll continue exploring."

Take another nap to get fully rested.

((Eh, might as well continue exploring.))

Follow the Dust Storm until something weird happens. Zephyris first.
Something happens before you can even get going. Your radios begin to hiss with white noise, despite the fact that you should be beyond the range of the static.

"Bluh. Whaaat? Musta spaced out there. What were we doing?"

Onwards to whatever zone Red team was ordered to. Finally.
Not sure who red team is. Are you with Flint?

Join up with the rest of my team. Continue exploring, rock-throwing as usual.
You join up with Vich and the human paperweight  and enjoy the white noise.

((Sorry for not posting for a while, school's been eating up a lot of my free time.))

All Red team members, now hear this: if you aren't assembled at the base within a day we will be leaving you behind and going on our mission. If you are incapable of getting here within that time due to somehow being trapped, then radio it in and we can get you out of whatever hole you fell into.

Properly label Flint's flatground fraction as such. Then, await panicked calls from the team members who've wandered off and probably gotten themselves stuck.
You label Flint's samples and vault them before going to the barracks and sitting on a bed. You twiddle your thumbs and wait for the screaming to start. You doubt you'll have to wait long.

"Right, ok... Listen up! I need one person to come with me in repairing and replacing the outside sensors for ALVIN. Expect plenty of walking, carrying of stuff and maybe some technical stuff. Those who want to come willingly, meet me in the AI core ASAP."

Bishop broadcasted over the radio before packing up and heading towards the AI core.

Head to the AI core and check out the replacement sensors to get an idea on how to replace the fried out ones.
You head down to the ai core and look around, idly keeping an eye on the mounted guns that are tracking you around the room. The sensors are in a storage compartment behind ALVIN; they're big self contained modules with a clear dome top filled with cameras and sensors. They look like they are made to slot into a similarly premade hole or socket.

check ground with thermal radar/vision, the cameras were modified to see through walls, maybe ill get lucky and spot the thingamajig.

Once heat blob/ vibrations are gone recommence dragging, if they return drop the shuttle grab jack and run.

Doing that will require you to get out of gilgamesh, or at least open the front  so you can look out with the cameras. The Battlesuit is too dense to get a signal through.

"Right, ok... Listen up! I need one person to come with me in repairing and replacing the outside sensors for ALVIN. Expect plenty of walking, carrying of stuff and maybe some technical stuff. Those who want to come willingly, meet me in the AI core ASAP."
"I can help out. If you can spare a minute to help me motorize my wheelchair, we can use it as a cart."

Forgo the rocketbike modification for now, and focus on motorizing the wheelchair. Use the Red Hand as a powersource (make some kind of cuff to tap into the generator, connected by wires so that both hands are free when driving), and fashion a simple steering mechanism to control which way the front wheels turn. Accept Bishop's help if he comes, and add horizontal rails to the arms of the chair, so that something can be laid across them for carrying.

((Also, I forgot. Did whoever took the MPV take the trailer with them too?))
[handi:2+1]
You get the bars on the chair at least.

((I read "school" as "alcohol" at first.))

Lars turns on his radio.  "I can help as long as someone gets me a helmet.  I think I'm okay.

Make sure I'm okay.  Otherwise, sigh and keep reading the Engineer's Pantheon.
[intuition: 5]
You blink. Maybe it's the drugs or the probable head trauma, but you feel a  great sense of dread. You feel like something bad is going to happen.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: August 15, 2013, 04:06:45 pm »

Inspect shuttle.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: August 15, 2013, 04:18:42 pm »

You blink. Maybe it's the drugs or the probable head trauma, but you feel a  great sense of dread. You feel like something bad is going to happen.
((I wonder if it's gonna be the underground thing, or whatever is happening to me, or something else entirely.))

"Huh, I suggest we split up and run. Quick objections?" ((I think that's a reasonable behavior.))

Begin running Noth-East, along the Hex border. Slow down if the static stops.
Does it follow me? If I manage to get away from it, how sudden is the transition?

Since my teammates are comatoze, have Zerphyris run too, a couple hundred meters to the side of me.
And I don't think I'm going to be remote-controlling Denzel, since he's actually an active player, and I don't truly know if what I'm doing is the asnwer to this "menace".
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 01:33:44 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #15666 on: August 15, 2013, 04:19:40 pm »

"So wait, you react to glass but not rock? Eh, whatever. Get in there! Now!"

What's the container made of?
Keep an eye on the blob at all times.
Force it in the container as quickly as possible and start dragging it as far away from the other blobs as possoble, prefferably towards the motion anomalies, monorazor at the ready.

((Let's bet, who's gonna die next turn?))
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 04:31:10 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: August 15, 2013, 04:22:06 pm »

((Micheal, Simus, Flint and Morul are in Red squad.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: August 15, 2013, 04:46:38 pm »

check for vibrations, if gone resume dragging.
If detected, wait for them to dissipate and resume dragging.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: August 15, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »

Flint we're going to Sector 12, as per our orders. Morul Migrurkeshin, Michael Alexander, you two got that?

The screams. Await them.

((Next turn, I go, if you're not here, you're left behind.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: August 15, 2013, 05:34:56 pm »

"No, I'm probably not ready for anything, but I don't think anyone really is."

Regroup with Simus, and follow her to Sector 12. Be on the watch for any anomalies.

((You know, I think the feeling of dread may be similar to Faith's modifications. Left mostly alone with a mad doctor while unconscious sorta modifications.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: August 16, 2013, 09:39:30 am »

"To be honest, it's rather difficult for me to give an accurate assessment of your situation going on such limited intell. Hmm. You know what? I'm willing to throw you a bone here: I can add Lukas to your squad so he and Denzel could track it for the time being. Two robots should be able to keep up with it, or at least not tire running after it. It's the best I can do right now. That would mean you and Zephyris would be alone though. If this sounds doable to you, I'll tell Lukas about it."
"Nah, a two man squad is something I would prefer to avoid. Well, we'll just leave it be then. Good luck with everything else that's happening around."

"Very well then, continue as you were."

Bishop broadcasted over the radio before packing up and heading towards the AI core.

Head to the AI core and check out the replacement sensors to get an idea on how to replace the fried out ones.

"Sure, I'll come give you a hand."

Go give Bishop a hand.

check ground with thermal radar/vision, the cameras were modified to see through walls, maybe ill get lucky and spot the thingamajig.

Once heat blob/ vibrations are gone recommence dragging, if they return drop the shuttle grab jack and run.

((Remember, Gilgamesh has built-in cameyes. ))
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:56:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15672 on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:19 am »

"Right, come on down to the core with a pack. I'll load you up with these modules and we can take a nice hike. Judging from what I can see here, it should be easy enough to fix them."

Load up Miyamoto and myself with the modules and grab some food and water too. Then get a map of all the sensor locations that I have to fix from ALVIN and lead a hike towards the nearest ones.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: August 16, 2013, 10:26:31 am »

"Well, heh. Whew. Who knew that working on something with only one free leg would be so difficult?"

Get that motor installed, and go help Bishop.

((You know... assuming Anton survives this place and the wheelchair remains intact... how would a certain ex-disabled ex-genius back on the Sword react to him rolling in on it?))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: August 16, 2013, 10:47:58 am »

((See?  The gods are helping us.))

Lars shuddered as the sense of dread gripped him.  Fortunately, he knew exactly what to do in this situation.  He set his radio to all-coms.

"O gods of the HMRC Pantheon, we come to you in our time of need.  Great Algis, may your shielding hands cover us from whatever danger approaches us!  Wise Emar-i, may your guide the hands of our medics and doctors, keeping the faithful healthy and alive!  Clever Halmon, may you ensure our tools and weapons do not fail us in our time of need!  Ingram and Vo-nos, guide the weapons in our hands to the hearts of our foes!  O Pathmas, may we have your favor on this day!  Glorious Steve, may your light shine on us all!"

Pray a lot.  Get a helmet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1256