Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3832060 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #16005 on: September 18, 2013, 09:02:55 pm »

((That's not what she said))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16006 on: September 18, 2013, 10:21:05 pm »

((Well, MK3s are smallER than a battlesuit but they're not exactly small, what with the exoskeleton and the armor and the giant rocket pods.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16007 on: September 18, 2013, 10:22:08 pm »

((Well, MK3s are smallER than a battlesuit but they're not exactly small, what with the exoskeleton and the armor and the giant rocket pods.))

The only armour MK3s come with as standard is the exoskeleton, which is not really armour
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16008 on: September 19, 2013, 02:46:18 am »

((That's not what she said))

((I just want to make clear that I'm not compensating for something with my character.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16009 on: September 19, 2013, 08:54:19 am »

>THE CABLES ARE CUT. ASSAULT  TEAM, MOVE OUT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16010 on: September 19, 2013, 08:57:19 am »

Lars jumps in place.  "Forward, my brothers, and sing forth the might of Steve!  Glory to the gods, and shout praises!  Vo-nos, may you guide our blades!  Ingram, may your steer our bullets!  Algis, may your shielding hands cover us!  Steve, we fight in your name!  AAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

Move out, staying behind our giant robot overlords.  Provide covering fire and attack targets, taking care not to hit civilians.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:29:00 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16011 on: September 19, 2013, 08:57:57 am »

"It's fucking go time bitches!" Bishop states as he readies his rocket rifle. "Auron, stay close to me! Miyamoto, lead the way and let nothing stop you! Let's bust some heads!"

Commence the attack after Miyamoto makes his move! Give covering fire for the others on any sods I see.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16012 on: September 19, 2013, 09:37:19 am »

roger that bishop, ill cover your six.

follow bishop staying in cover as much as possible, pick up all dropped weapons within 10 feet of the path taken by bishop. Try to close to melee range on any nearby sods and stab them in the liver with my reiterpallasch.

Try not to knock civilians off of the gangway whilst traversing it.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:14:14 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16013 on: September 19, 2013, 10:27:43 am »

"This is it team, no turnin' back now. Today we write history! The whole universe will be watching us from now on, so man up and move out.

Jim, you take the right flank, Flint takes the left. We move in close quickly and take them out at close range to prevent too much friendly fire.
The rest gives covering fire, but try not to hit the civilians.
We split up once we've cleared this gangway.

Ninmu kaishi, IKUZO!"

Wait for a moment after Flint's warning for civilians to make room, then move out, run straight for the sods guarding the door. Make sure not to trample the civilians! Jump on containers if needed to avoid said squishy humans. Once in melee range start smacking down the sods, trying to disable/disarm as many as possible, using broadsword if possible.

Oh, and don't use laser or manip yet, because accidental war crimes on civvies are a big no-no.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:36:21 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16014 on: September 19, 2013, 10:29:19 am »

((Action edited a bit for clarity/specificity))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16015 on: September 19, 2013, 10:32:36 am »

"All right, everyone! Advance!"

Jim charges out, taking the right flank, and is ready to start throwing punches at Sods/bash Sod skulls with his mace/fry Sods with his Microwave Amplifier as necessary.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16016 on: September 19, 2013, 10:33:57 am »

"Remember, the gangway is mostly filled with civilians. Check your targets before shooting. Giant robots, try not to trample anyone."

Get in my battlesuit if I'm not in it already then start moving forward, taking the left flank, using my eyes and cameyes to scan the crowd for enemies and call them out to my teammates. Try to stay in the front to provide cover for my more vulnerable teammates. And, this is the highest priority, do not injure any civilians.

Address the crowd with maximum volume:
"Citizens. Stay calm and get out of the way. We are not here to hurt you. Return to your homes if possible. This will all be over soon." Repeat parts of the message while moving.

((I was going to try and fly to the sods but Miyamoto decided that running through a crowded gangway with a giant robot was a better idea.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:42:05 am by Parisbre56 »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16017 on: September 19, 2013, 10:35:43 am »

((It is, of course, just my opinion, but... honestly, I'd limit usage of the Avatar to areas not in danger of collapsing and taking most of everyone down with them. I.e., not starship port gangways.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16018 on: September 19, 2013, 10:41:53 am »

((Well, the way I'm imagining it, the gangway is rather big and structurally sound, what with having to carry all those heavy shipping materials.

@Paris: you could still do that, hell it's probably a good idea. Just trying to get to the sods before their commanders fully realize what's going on.
And the gangway might be crowded, but I do think there should be at least room for Miya to run. Though that may come from how I'm imagining this scenario in my head though, you may have a more cramped situation in mind.

@ Sean: Which is why I'm not using my laser or manip. If the gangway can't take the weight of an avatar running about though, I'll be very disappointed with the UWM's engineering chops  :P 

Also, I think the biggest danger of this thing collapsing/mass friendly fire is if 8 people start shooting their weapons over a long hallway. At least the Avatar can see over the civvies' heads, something most troopers can't do.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:44:00 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16019 on: September 19, 2013, 10:45:46 am »

((Well, the gangway is about 5-6 meters (15 feet) wide.  That's not very wide when you consider our size. All our giant robots combined could barely fit side by side. Add the containers to it, and you'll probably be shoving containers just to move forward. On the other hand, it's about 10 meters (30 feet) high, which is about twice the height of the avatar.))
Pages: 1 ... 1066 1067 [1068] 1069 1070 ... 1256