Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808820 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16020 on: September 19, 2013, 10:47:51 am »

[Favor Piecewise: Could you describe the gangway in detail for the defense team? I mean, we're huddling next to the hangar door and..and I'm not quite sure what a gangway is in itself and what we're going to do other than the objective of 'Defend the Sword'.

Thanks ^ ^]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16021 on: September 19, 2013, 10:55:50 am »

((5-6 meters is closer to 20 feet.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16022 on: September 19, 2013, 11:05:09 am »

((Not sure if i want to follow bishop... or just cut into all the storage containers and search for weapons while miyamoto breaks everything...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16023 on: September 19, 2013, 11:12:18 am »

((Not sure if i want to follow bishop... or just cut into all the storage containers and search for weapons while miyamoto breaks everything...))

((By the way, this reminds me: we need to work out how to divide loot for this mission, and possibly future ones too. Mostly so that it's not 'what you kill is yours' or 'first come first serve'. Partly so that people wouldn't let their looting urges hamper the mission, but mostly so people who can't fight as good/can't post first have a a chance too. I'd say we just add all the loot to the end token pool, so there will be bigger overall payout.
Thoughts?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16024 on: September 19, 2013, 11:19:11 am »

((It is worth noting most if not all of the nearest storage containers are likely to be the ones supposed to go into the Sword, so stealing from them on top of not being useful would probably result in your pay being cut down into the negatives.

@Radio: Getting all the loot in a pool and do like back at the end of the Samsonite Abyss mission when the camera's tokens were divided seems good. Most people were satisfied with their lot except for Faith, but she always wants more money anyway.

An alternative for a plan of action with less civilian casualties in mind: stepping with the Avatar out of the ship, shouting warnings and waiting for a few seconds for the civilians to run away while the sods shoot inneffectually at its armor and the team cowers behind. As soon as all or most civilians have already had time to escape desperately, begin the dash towards the objectives. I suppose you'd lose a few seconds but it raises the chances of getting more civvies alive, in theory. The problem is that it is still theory.))

« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:22:10 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16025 on: September 19, 2013, 11:20:49 am »

((I have a mental image of Miyamoto running down the gangplank, knocking aside containers in the way Transformers-style, perhaps grabbing one of the last ones and chucking it at the Sods.  If anyone has a high-noise low-collateral damage weapon, a few warning shots is probably a good idea.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16026 on: September 19, 2013, 11:22:22 am »

((Alternative alternative course of action: use the Avatar as a distraction, launching it on its own rocket pods (I'm assuming it has those) over the gangway and everyone present, drawing fire and/or attention, and have conventional troops charge forward and attack the sods with conventional, minimally destructive means.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16027 on: September 19, 2013, 11:24:31 am »

(Team leaders should propose a division of loot, team votes yea or nay.  Seems fair to me.  Also: )

"Time to take this baby for a test run."
Advance using the robots as cover, fire a warning shot from the pyramid high above the heads of the crowd into the far wall.

Cower behind giant robots.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:37:00 am by Remalle »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16028 on: September 19, 2013, 11:24:42 am »

((Alternative alternative course of action: use the Avatar as a distraction, launching it on its own rocket pods (I'm assuming it has those) over the gangway and everyone present, drawing fire and/or attention, and have conventional troops charge forward and attack the sods with conventional, minimally destructive means.))

((It doesn't have rocket pods. Current plan is basically the same, but with running next to instead of flying over people.

Then again, the AoW can jump pretty far, so maybe it could do that. In which case it falls upon PW and how he interprets my 'try to avoid civilians' action.

Action edited slightly to account for Flint's action.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:28:47 am by Radio Controlled »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16029 on: September 19, 2013, 11:29:17 am »

Advance using the robots as cover, fire a warning shot from the pyramid high above the heads of the crowd into the far wall.

((First, that weapon is incredibly destructive; second, the beam is invisible; finally, from what I noticed, you don't have a static bonus to Exotic. That shot may turn out to be a disaster.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16030 on: September 19, 2013, 11:30:29 am »

((Reminder:))

>You're gonna be on a gangway. It's a metal bridge about 100 feet long. It links the ship to the cradle it's in and then a second, longer bridge links the cradle to the building. It's enclosed, about 30 feet high and 15 wide. It will be filled with metal containers. It's highly advisable that you don't use cutting lasers and slice it in half, lest you fall to your very stupid deaths.

((I doubt you can jump that all in one go.  You may be better off scampering over the top of shipping containers, which should mostly hold your weight.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16031 on: September 19, 2013, 11:32:52 am »

((First, that weapon is incredibly destructive; second, the beam is invisible; finally, from what I noticed, you don't have a static bonus to Exotic. That shot may will undoubtedly turn out to be a disaster.))

((FTFY.

But I agree, maybe wait until there are only sods to shoot at to try it out. Or wait untill you can try it in VR.

By the way, did we get confirmation that this is Milno's old artifact? Can't remember if we did.))

>You're gonna be on a gangway. It's a metal bridge about 100 feet long. It links the ship to the cradle it's in and then a second, longer bridge links the cradle to the building. It's enclosed, about 30 feet high and 15 wide. It will be filled with metal containers. It's highly advisable that you don't use cutting lasers and slice it in half, lest you fall to your very stupid deaths.

((I doubt you can jump that all in one go.  You may be better off scampering over the top of shipping containers, which should mostly hold your weight.))

((Indeed. The way I'm imagining my action, Miya will use his jumping potential to jump from place to place, avoiding civilians by jumping on containers or where few people are present.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:35:18 am by Radio Controlled »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16032 on: September 19, 2013, 11:35:43 am »

(That's exactly what I'm trying to find out, but ok.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16033 on: September 19, 2013, 11:40:12 am »

((By the way, did we get confirmation that this is Milno's old artifact? Can't remember if we did.))

((Not really. Then again, if it waddles like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck and may just fire a giant invisible beam of death and destruction, I'd rather not take any chances.))
>Yes?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16034 on: September 19, 2013, 12:12:29 pm »

((I just thought of something: what if, instead of moving over to the side after getting their warning, the civilians in the hallway start to panic and try to flee through the main exit all at once? Because it's situations like that that would give a crapload of people getting trampled, shot or otherwise hurt. In such a scenario, giving no warning and moving before they realize what's going on could be the most preferable course of action.
Hmm. I'll stick to the current plan, we'll just see how this works itself out.))

Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 1256