Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808688 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Assault
« Reply #16035 on: September 19, 2013, 12:13:42 pm »

((Not sure if i want to follow bishop... or just cut into all the storage containers and search for weapons while miyamoto breaks everything...))
((By the way, this reminds me: we need to work out how to divide loot for this mission, and possibly future ones too. Mostly so that it's not 'what you kill is yours' or 'first come first serve'. Partly so that people wouldn't let their looting urges hamper the mission, but mostly so people who can't fight as good/can't post first have a a chance too. I'd say we just add all the loot to the end token pool, so there will be bigger overall payout.
Thoughts?))
((Sounds like a plan. Although there should be exceptions, or at least the ability to "dibs" loot you "earned".))

((Alternative alternative course of action: use the Avatar as a distraction, launching it on its own rocket pods (I'm assuming it has those) over the gangway and everyone present, drawing fire and/or attention, and have conventional troops charge forward and attack the sods with conventional, minimally destructive means.))
((Wait. You're using the most powerful weapon at your disposal as a "distraction"?))

((By the way, did we get confirmation that this is Milno's old artifact? Can't remember if we did.))

((Not really. Then again, if it waddles like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck and may just fire a giant invisible beam of death and destruction, I'd rather not take any chances.))
((Excellent point.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16036 on: September 19, 2013, 12:23:09 pm »

((Wait. You're using the most powerful weapon at your disposal as a "distraction"?))
((Given it's a weapon both sturdy enough to take shots from most of anything that the enemy can possibly field against us, and powerful enough to be able to cause a total TPK, with massive civilian casualties, by sheer accident - yes.

There is a time and a place for charging forward as a towering death machine. A narrow bridge over a chasm is not it. Ask Balrog.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16037 on: September 19, 2013, 12:25:40 pm »

((I don't see Gandalf the Gray.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16038 on: September 19, 2013, 12:38:55 pm »

((Keep in mind that there are two bridges and we are only just starting the assault. They will come, you can count on that...))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16039 on: September 19, 2013, 04:00:51 pm »

cross-team action since assault and defense are in the same area: Link

((just figured I'd make sure it wasn't missed since it could go in either thread depending on how he wants to handle it. either way it's not going to last long since we aren't going to be in the same area for long.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16040 on: September 19, 2013, 07:01:28 pm »

Lars jumps in place.  "Forward, my brothers, and sing forth the might of Steve!  Glory to the gods, and shout praises!  Vo-nos, may you guide our blades!  Ingram, may your steer our bullets!  Algis, may your shielding hands cover us!  Steve, we fight in your name!  AAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

Move out, staying behind our giant robot overlords.  Provide covering fire and attack targets, taking care not to hit civilians.
You run out, staying behind Miyamoto and Lukas as best you can. The Crewmen are scattering now, the sight of a skull headed iron giant and an avatar of war lumbering out of the bowels of a prison ship is enough to break their reverie  and send them sprinting back toward the base. They move as a mob, charging toward the Sods and the doorway in, everything getting obscured beneath a mass of panicked flesh and orange jumpsuit.

"It's fucking go time bitches!" Bishop states as he readies his rocket rifle. "Auron, stay close to me! Miyamoto, lead the way and let nothing stop you! Let's bust some heads!"

Commence the attack after Miyamoto makes his move! Give covering fire for the others on any sods I see.
The only sods you see are way on the other side of the gangway, almost completely obscured by crewmen. Firing on them from here would be incredibly difficult, let alone with the mass of people blocking the way. You keep your rifle pointed in that direction, but the sods don't seem to notice you, or at least don't open fire.

roger that bishop, ill cover your six.

follow bishop staying in cover as much as possible, pick up all dropped weapons within 10 feet of the path taken by bishop. Try to close to melee range on any nearby sods and stab them in the liver with my reiterpallasch.

Try not to knock civilians off of the gangway whilst traversing it.

Gangway has handrails. You'd have to push pretty hard.

You stick with bishop, who keeps his rifle trained down the length of the gangway but can't get a shot through the fleeing crowd.

"This is it team, no turnin' back now. Today we write history! The whole universe will be watching us from now on, so man up and move out.

Jim, you take the right flank, Flint takes the left. We move in close quickly and take them out at close range to prevent too much friendly fire.
The rest gives covering fire, but try not to hit the civilians.
We split up once we've cleared this gangway.

Ninmu kaishi, IKUZO!"

Wait for a moment after Flint's warning for civilians to make room, then move out, run straight for the sods guarding the door. Make sure not to trample the civilians! Jump on containers if needed to avoid said squishy humans. Once in melee range start smacking down the sods, trying to disable/disarm as many as possible, using broadsword if possible.

Oh, and don't use laser or manip yet, because accidental war crimes on civvies are a big no-no.

You start lumbering toward the Sods, a wall of civilians slowly moving away in front of you. You take one step, they skitter and shove and push their way forward a bit, you take another step. You feel a bit silly, slowly stopping your way toward the sods like the world's biggest sheepdog with a flock of terrified neon orange lambs bouncing around in front of you.

"Imma get ya...Eventually..." you shout at the Sods, who remain completely passive despite having an avatar flexing and making throat cutting motions at them.

"All right, everyone! Advance!"

Jim charges out, taking the right flank, and is ready to start throwing punches at Sods/bash Sod skulls with his mace/fry Sods with his Microwave Amplifier as necessary.

This is really ending up a bit awkward huh? Just try to run out, look cool, kill some vat grown soldiers. But no, gotta be a crowd of civies in the way. You could probably try and use that amp of yours. Decomp should- SHOULD- prevent things from getting out of hand, assuming you just don't screw up and fry an area slightly to the left of the sods, straight in the middle of the crowd...Gahh..

"Remember, the gangway is mostly filled with civilians. Check your targets before shooting. Giant robots, try not to trample anyone."

Get in my battlesuit if I'm not in it already then start moving forward, taking the left flank, using my eyes and cameyes to scan the crowd for enemies and call them out to my teammates. Try to stay in the front to provide cover for my more vulnerable teammates. And, this is the highest priority, do not injure any civilians.

Address the crowd with maximum volume:
"Citizens. Stay calm and get out of the way. We are not here to hurt you. Return to your homes if possible. This will all be over soon." Repeat parts of the message while moving.

((I was going to try and fly to the sods but Miyamoto decided that running through a crowded gangway with a giant robot was a better idea.))
Your messages fall on deaf ears. You can't blame them, between your battle suit, Miya's Avatar, Lukas' normal self and the dozen other freaks, robots and gun wielding space men, it would take a remarkable degree of self restraint or suicidal delusion not to run for it. You can't do much more then slowly advance with the rest of the crew, making sure not to harm anyone while also keeping your weapons trained on the two sods, who might as well be made of wax for all the reaction they're showing. The most they seem to be doing is occasionally stopping some random man in the crowd, staring that them for a few seconds and then letting them go.

"We're fighting against semi-sentient turnstiles."

[Favor Piecewise: Could you describe the gangway in detail for the defense team? I mean, we're huddling next to the hangar door and..and I'm not quite sure what a gangway is in itself and what we're going to do other than the objective of 'Defend the Sword'.

Thanks ^ ^]

There's not a whole lot to describe, you know? It's just a big metal bridge with storage crates on it.

Base
              | |
{}{}Docking cradle{}{}{}
              | |
              | |Gangway.
---------Ship--------------

I've described it a few times now, I don't know what more you want. Do just want more detail about the gangway itself? Because it's pretty boring. It's just a metal bridge with handrails.

(Team leaders should propose a division of loot, team votes yea or nay.  Seems fair to me.  Also: )

"Time to take this baby for a test run."
Advance using the robots as cover, fire a warning shot from the pyramid high above the heads of the crowd into the far wall.

Cower behind giant robots.

Why an immortal would need to cower is beyond me, but sure. You hide like the deathless monster you are.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16041 on: September 19, 2013, 07:49:23 pm »

((@piecewise: If i were to fire randomly at the end of the gangway with gungnir would the electricity flowing through the floor stun or kill the civilians?

@SC: you want me to boost jim up onto one of the containers so that you can use your amp with clear line if sight to the sods?

waltz over to the nearest hover trolley things, Begin guiding them into the hangar individually whilst waiting for the civilians to finish evacuating.

Once the civilians finish their evacuation or if the sods get reinforcements return to formation and provide covering fire for the rest of the team.
))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:44:30 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16042 on: September 19, 2013, 08:01:45 pm »

((@piecewise: If i were to fire randomly at the end of the gangway with gungnir would the electricity flowing through the floor stun or kill the civilians?))
((I'll answer it for him: Yes. Totally.
That's why Feyri isn't attacking and opting for a ruse to cover them and disperse the civilians.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16043 on: September 19, 2013, 08:08:43 pm »

(You hurt civvies and I'll have to mace you, dude. And I don't mean pepper-spray. >:c Anyway, I would get on a crate, but that would make me quite the exposed target... so I have another idea, assuming it works. :P)

Jim climbs up and clings to Miyamoto's back with both legs and three arms (since one is holding a weapon), positioned so his head is just over Miya's shoulder where he can get a good view of everything in case he needs to use his amps. And he will use it on the Sods, assuming they launch an offensive. Otherwise, he just watches and waits so as not to endanger civilians unnecessarily.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16044 on: September 19, 2013, 08:14:02 pm »

Calmly walk up to the sods and talk to them. Don't accidentally step on any civilians along the way.
"Hey there. Can I touch you?"
If permission is given, touch them and activate the electrified surface defense system.

If permission is not given, do the "Hey, what's that behind you?" trick and then forcefully touch them/grab them/punch them and activate the electricity.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:41:47 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16045 on: September 19, 2013, 08:15:51 pm »

Walk up to the sods and talk to them.
O_o

((I-err, hope you remember the briefing. Because that would most likely end up in a..
In a bad situation.
Hey, on a meta note -or if you can somehow hear Feyri from here- why don't you say that you're with the UMW and are special ops working against someone in the base? :D))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16046 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19:23 pm »

O_o

((I-err, hope you remember the briefing. Because that would most likely end up in a..
In a bad situation.
Hey, on a meta note -or if you can somehow hear Feyri from here- why don't you say that you're with the UMW and are special ops working against someone in the base? :D))
((I accidentally posted while still writing. Edited it now.

Those guys won't let us in unless we have identification. Let's see if they start shooting when I approach...

I'm in a battlesuit. They have Gauss rifles. I'll be fine even if they shoot.

EDIT: In other news, I see the looting has already begun...))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:22:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16047 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:29 pm »

O_o

In a bad situation.
((I'm in a battlesuit. They have Gauss rifles. I'll be fine even if they shoot.))
((This'll cause direct alarm. :/
Make a better introduction :D))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16048 on: September 19, 2013, 08:28:42 pm »

((@piecewise: If i were to fire randomly at the end of the gangway with gungnir would the electricity flowing through the floor stun or kill the civilians?))
((I'll answer it for him: Yes. Totally.
That's why Feyri isn't attacking and opting for a ruse to cover them and disperse the civilians.))
((I was just thinking that if it only stunned them i could nonlethally drop them and clear our line of fire to the sods without killing any civvies, but i see you are against it so ill stick to grand theft hover trolley.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16049 on: September 19, 2013, 08:50:04 pm »

(Sorry. We were just given specific instruction not to hurt civilians as that will hurt our image and thus our cause. :\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1068 1069 [1070] 1071 1072 ... 1256