Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3808610 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16440 on: October 09, 2013, 03:53:45 pm »

"Hey, Jim here. Lars got brain-raped and needs a strong dose of shock-therapy. Preferably into unconsciousness."

Jim, picking up the subtle hint, requests the above and delegates Mesk to watching over Lars's unconscious body while he proceeds forward into the ARES.

In the event Steve cannot be reached, Jim will instead take Lars's weapons away - by force if necessary.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16441 on: October 09, 2013, 03:59:31 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16442 on: October 09, 2013, 04:00:01 pm »

((I got it, if you feel better.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16444 on: October 09, 2013, 04:03:29 pm »

(I got it after you explained it but before the link. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16445 on: October 09, 2013, 04:06:07 pm »

((Is this:
Guard that van.
what you were complaining that no one got?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16446 on: October 09, 2013, 04:44:31 pm »

Are you guys riding Miyamoto up the shaft....

Wait that sounds really dirty some how...

((Whatever gutter your mind is currently residing in, get it out of there! it's just unhygienic really.
Oh, and I think they were supposed to move up with me. They'll have to decide what they want their characters to do though.))

((@ remalle: at first i thought you had misspelled 'guard that man' due to being in a hurry or something.  :/

Hmm. Seeing how PW didn't specify that the head pokin' out is a sod, it's probably a civilian. Or an Urban Redecorator here to ruin our day.
Too bad he didn't say how far up it is, might've helped to decide on what to do. Or if he can even see me at all, I have the benefit of cameyes to see in the dark, he (probably) doesn't. But I'll assume he can see me, mostly coming from the waving part (no use in waving if the person can't see you, right?). I could wait it out, but that would make us lose another turn, and then Zako and Pariah can't really post an action outside of waiting.

*faux Hamlet voice* To kill or not to kill, that is the question.
If it's a civvie being forced to look down, killing him would be incredibly heartless. But if it's indeed a UE then we don't want to give it a chance at using its spess magicks. Though a UE probably wouldn't look down elevator shafts himself, but have a mook or 'volunteer' do it for him.
Dilemma!

... Let's play it safe here.))

If the face is that of a sod's, then heatblade that person at the base of the neck and keep climbing, get out 5 levels before top level, then move to where my improvised entrance is and keep going up.

If not, use gravity part of manip increase the gravity where that person is standing until he's pinned to the ground, unable to move but not crushed flat/dead. Keep climbing, check if the mystery person is a UE when we pass him by poking him with the I-beam I'm still carrying.
Get out 5 levels before top level, move to where my improvised entrance is and keep going up.

((It seems Jim's team has reached ARES. I'm really doubting whether we are going too slow, or they are going 'too fast'.

Oh, and Zako or Pariah, if you guys want to have a chance at poking at the possible Ue just say so and I'll edit my action. I left it like this in case you can't post an action for whatever reason.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:46:26 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16447 on: October 09, 2013, 05:54:24 pm »

I meant open the battlesuit as well. Unless the battlesuit has a ventilation system or filter. Smoking in an enclosed battlesuit can't be very good for the suit. Or your health. For one thing, it'll have that horrible smoke smell. Miyamoto will never let me hear the end of it. Then again, Miyamoto is not in no condition to enter the battlesuit...

Ask Steve: "Hey, I know things are strange with all the time travel stuff, but you said that you had other ships in operations on other worlds, right? Are their missions going any better than ours?"

Keep smoking and watching the cameras and listening for trouble.

@Jim: "You can use one of those smoke grenades I gave you to break line of sight. Or find the UE's camera or hiding place with your cameyes and destroy the source of the problem."
Damn it, I hate being the voice in the radio. thought Flint while taking another puff from his smoke, his attention spread among the various screens in his cockpit. Now I know how Steve feels...
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:22:31 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16448 on: October 09, 2013, 06:16:06 pm »

Then again, Miyamoto is not in no condition to enter the battlesuit...
((You don't say...))
Sig

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16449 on: October 09, 2013, 06:43:16 pm »

"Later; we have to stop the problem first. Then we can prevent it from occurring again."

Addendum: use a smoke grenade after Lars is disabled/disarmed, whichever happens. Then move on.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16450 on: October 09, 2013, 09:13:35 pm »

((I'll play it safe and say I'm waiting for Miyamoto to clear the way first.))

Hold position in some cover. Try to cover both the shaft and the new hole.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16451 on: October 10, 2013, 01:28:54 am »

"Hey, Jim here. Lars got brain-raped and needs a strong dose of shock-therapy. Preferably into unconsciousness."

((Sleep won't save you from me...))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16452 on: October 10, 2013, 02:57:29 am »

Miyamoto will never let me hear the end of it.

((Damn right he won't. Flint's just lucky Miya can't really see if he has been smoking inside Gilgamesh, else Flint wouldn't make it to his retirem...

Are those ashes in the cockpit?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16453 on: October 10, 2013, 03:15:51 am »

Wait some more for shit to happen
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16454 on: October 10, 2013, 12:00:38 pm »

Jim, picking up the subtle hint, requests the above and delegates Mesk to watching over Lars's unconscious body while he proceeds forward into the ARES.

In the event Steve cannot be reached, Jim will instead take Lars's weapons away - by force if necessary.

"Later; we have to stop the problem first. Then we can prevent it from occurring again."

Addendum: use a smoke grenade after Lars is disabled/disarmed, whichever happens. Then move on.

>Administering Medicinal electricity.

Lars jerks straight and then slumps to the ground, where mesk lightly kicks him, just to make sure.

You pop one of the smoke bombs Flint gave you and throw it on the ground as it belches a cloud of thick, graywhite smoke. The cloud envelops the walkway and the entire team, obscuring them from any prying eyes. Assuming those eyes don't have thermal vision.

You wander your way through the smoke until you come to the end of the walkway and find another blast door, the last one, embedded in the inner shell of the contact node.

I meant open the battlesuit as well. Unless the battlesuit has a ventilation system or filter. Smoking in an enclosed battlesuit can't be very good for the suit. Or your health. For one thing, it'll have that horrible smoke smell. Miyamoto will never let me hear the end of it. Then again, Miyamoto is not in no condition to enter the battlesuit...

Ask Steve: "Hey, I know things are strange with all the time travel stuff, but you said that you had other ships in operations on other worlds, right? Are their missions going any better than ours?"

Keep smoking and watching the cameras and listening for trouble.

@Jim: "You can use one of those smoke grenades I gave you to break line of sight. Or find the UE's camera or hiding place with your cameyes and destroy the source of the problem."
Damn it, I hate being the voice in the radio. thought Flint while taking another puff from his smoke, his attention spread among the various screens in his cockpit. Now I know how Steve feels...
The battle suit has good enough filtration systems for you to smoke in there. Better then smoking outside it, in a room with a temp around -10 C.

Are you guys riding Miyamoto up the shaft....

Wait that sounds really dirty some how...

((Whatever gutter your mind is currently residing in, get it out of there! it's just unhygienic really.
Oh, and I think they were supposed to move up with me. They'll have to decide what they want their characters to do though.))

((@ remalle: at first i thought you had misspelled 'guard that man' due to being in a hurry or something.  :/

Hmm. Seeing how PW didn't specify that the head pokin' out is a sod, it's probably a civilian. Or an Urban Redecorator here to ruin our day.
Too bad he didn't say how far up it is, might've helped to decide on what to do. Or if he can even see me at all, I have the benefit of cameyes to see in the dark, he (probably) doesn't. But I'll assume he can see me, mostly coming from the waving part (no use in waving if the person can't see you, right?). I could wait it out, but that would make us lose another turn, and then Zako and Pariah can't really post an action outside of waiting.

*faux Hamlet voice* To kill or not to kill, that is the question.
If it's a civvie being forced to look down, killing him would be incredibly heartless. But if it's indeed a UE then we don't want to give it a chance at using its spess magicks. Though a UE probably wouldn't look down elevator shafts himself, but have a mook or 'volunteer' do it for him.
Dilemma!

... Let's play it safe here.))

If the face is that of a sod's, then heatblade that person at the base of the neck and keep climbing, get out 5 levels before top level, then move to where my improvised entrance is and keep going up.

If not, use gravity part of manip increase the gravity where that person is standing until he's pinned to the ground, unable to move but not crushed flat/dead. Keep climbing, check if the mystery person is a UE when we pass him by poking him with the I-beam I'm still carrying.
Get out 5 levels before top level, move to where my improvised entrance is and keep going up.

((It seems Jim's team has reached ARES. I'm really doubting whether we are going too slow, or they are going 'too fast'.

Oh, and Zako or Pariah, if you guys want to have a chance at poking at the possible Ue just say so and I'll edit my action. I left it like this in case you can't post an action for whatever reason.))
You can't honestly tell what the person looking down on you is; they're silhouetted by the light of the room behind them, just a head shaped shadow. It's actually a pleasant surprise when the start shooting down at you. Makes things much simpler.
[Uncon:4+1+1+1]

The Avatar moves on it's own again, raising one hand toward the head, gripping the air and twisting. The entire elevator shaft screeches and groans as it twists in the same motion, metal and flesh ripping around like an enormous drill bit was inserted in the shaft and then spun. It's extremely effective at killing the head, but it also causes several large pieces of the upper floors to start collapsing in and falling down toward you.

You've got a minor headache from the mental strain.

((I'll play it safe and say I'm waiting for Miyamoto to clear the way first.))

Hold position in some cover. Try to cover both the shaft and the new hole.
You calmly step back out of the elevator shaft, away from the falling debris.

"Mental note, do not ask Miyamoto to do anything requiring subtlety from now on."
Pages: 1 ... 1095 1096 [1097] 1098 1099 ... 1256