Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3829722 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Slash and Burn
« Reply #16470 on: October 11, 2013, 08:11:05 am »

"Right on. Switching routes should throw them off too, if we are lucky enough. Let us know when the door's open."

Wait for the shaft to stop raining debris and for Miyamoto to get out of the way, then grab Auron and zip up to Miyamoto's level and enter. Then follow him upwards through the hole, giving him a bit of space to buy us room and time from defences.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16471 on: October 11, 2013, 08:41:13 am »

((HEY GUYS, I think I need a decompensator. Did I ever mention that before? That I need a decompensator? Because I do. I need one. A decompensator. Verily.))
((In other news, water is wet, fire is hot, and May is insane.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16472 on: October 14, 2013, 01:59:08 am »

Jim goes back and grabs Lars, electing to carry him until he regains conciousness, and brings Mesk back to the blast door with him.

"Mesk, can you open this one?"
You pick up Lars and flop him on your shoulder while shooing mesk over to the door and getting him to poke at it till works. Thats how engineering works, right? Poke it till it works? Or was that unemployed nymphomaniacs? Hm.

Lars dreams of the gods.

Dream of the gods.
Something is looking at you through a haze of stardust and flame. Something with eyes made of emerald and waves of gravity distortions that breathes a haze of shattering physics equations. Huh.

"Sure thing, boss!"
Open the door.
[aux:4+2]
The door slams open and screeches as the motors grind and break. Beyond the door is a large, spherical room, a black orb filled with dull green light from monitors and a central dais with a built in keypad. From what you can see from the entrance-way, the room appears to be empty. 

((Well. That certainly happened. I honestly feel that Miyamoto is a larger threat to the team than the Shadow Walker. Not by much, but enough. Although, I don't see him rolling a one anytime soon, eights are pretty nasty too. Oh god. What does a nine look like......))
Sort of pretty, really.

((HEY GUYS, I think I need a decompensator. Did I ever mention that before? That I need a decompensator? Because I do. I need one. A decompensator. Verily.))

"Miya, I would greatly appreciate it if you did NOT destroy the building we are attempting to climb while we are inside it. We are not wearing unstoppable war machines like you are." Bishop said over the radio to Miyamoto, warily eying the rain of debris in the elevator shaft.

"Hey man, cut me some slack here. What, you think I wanted to do that? It's this suit man, it has a will of its own. Imagine driving through busy traffic while your hovercar is trying its damnest to hit every other vehicle and pedestrian in existence.
Using this this thing is one part piloting, two parts restraining it.

Anyways, once the debris stop falling, fly over to my level through the shaft and we'll take our secondary route from there. I'm not sure if that area still has the high gravity, but I for one ain't gonna go up there to check."

Kick in nearest door, dive through to avoid debris. Once Rest of team is here, go to where that passage is I made with the laser and start going up.

((Well. That certainly happened. I honestly feel that Miyamoto is a larger threat to the team than the Shadow Walker. Not by much, but enough. Although, I don't see him rolling a one anytime soon, eights are pretty nasty too. Oh god. What does a nine look like......))

((I dunno, haven't caused any friendly fire yet. Some collateral damage, sure, but what do you expect if they start using civilians as human shields? And I think we've been lucky so far that, despite overshooting horribly, at least it was with a moderate action. If I was already attempting to crush that guy with extreme gravity, the results probably would have been much worse.))
[Dex:6+1]
You kick out the nearest wall and promptly hurl yourself out of the elevator shaft as hard as you can. You sail straight through the opposite wall, a conference room, a bank of cubicles, a water cooler and finally out through the window on the opposite side of the building.
[Dex:3+1]
You scramble and manage to dig your armored hands into the glass and metal of the windows and catch yourself before you fall more then a story or so.

Oops.

follow miyamotos lead.
"Right on. Switching routes should throw them off too, if we are lucky enough. Let us know when the door's open."

Wait for the shaft to stop raining debris and for Miyamoto to get out of the way, then grab Auron and zip up to Miyamoto's level and enter. Then follow him upwards through the hole, giving him a bit of space to buy us room and time from defences.
Bishop and Auron zip up the shaft and out  over to the hole Miyamoto made with his head when he went out the window. They look down to where he's clinging a story or so down and shake their heads in coordinated disapproval.

Keep an eye and a ear out for danger and keep smoking.
((Let's get creative!))
Use some of those cans of spraypaint I'm carrying to start writing slogans on the walls, like "We need a slogan!", "Down with the UWM fascists!", "Support the fight for freedom and progress!", "Freedom or Death!" and "Victory to the Free Worlds of Man". Make sure I leave some blank space for at least three murals. Try to think of a good symbol or flag for our rebellion. ((Too bad Lars is unconscious and/or mindraped and/or in combat. I can't talk about our propaganda effort to him...))
[handi:5]
You spraypaint a massive mural depicting the heroic acts of the HMRC: Miyamoto's low orbit rescue, The negotiations with the hivemind entity in mission 2, The carrying of injured comrades across the deadland plains in mission 6, Rescue of the Entertainment district on mission 8 and so on. Certain parts of some missions are omitted. Certain entire missions are omitted, in fact.

"Winners write the history books. Lets just hope we can erase that chapter about China-9...."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16473 on: October 14, 2013, 05:33:32 am »

((Well, that's certainly better then what I had in mind. Now to find another way to waste time...))

"...and the Ice-9 incident. And the serial killer mission. And the-Hmmm... Serial killer. That reminds me..."

Keep watching and waiting and listening and smoking. Take some pictures of my masterwork and send them to Steve for his propaganda effort.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:57:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16474 on: October 14, 2013, 08:02:05 am »

Jim checks the room with various vision modes of his cameyes. Then, assuming nothing happens to Mesk after ten seconds, follows him in.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:33:33 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16475 on: October 14, 2013, 08:14:25 am »

((Just throw Lars in there and have him tank the obviously trapped room.))

Lars felt inwardly warm.  The glory of the gods in their inscrutable ways was being revealed to him.

Approach the dream figure, paying the proper respects.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: October 14, 2013, 08:18:55 am »

((Just throw Lars Mesk in there and have him tank the obviously trapped room.))

(Good idea! :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: October 14, 2013, 08:27:59 am »

(("Hey Mesk, come here?"  "Yeah Jim?"  "Let me borrow your spine."  "Wait wha-" *rip*  *toss*))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16478 on: October 14, 2013, 08:32:46 am »

((...Miyamoto really DOES need a decomp.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: October 14, 2013, 08:38:52 am »

((...Miyamoto really DOES need a more than one decomp.))
Accuracy+1

Seriously, he needs one for manipulators and another for advanced movement.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: October 14, 2013, 08:40:30 am »

(("Hey Mesk, come here?"  "Yeah Jim?"  "Let me borrow your spine."  "Wait wha-" *rip*  *toss*))

(That's more or less accurate. XD)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16481 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:44 am »

((I think a dex decomp for a simple +1 to dex is overkill... considering he has a base +1 to everything.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: October 14, 2013, 08:50:10 am »

((I think a dex decomp for a simple +1 to dex is overkill... considering he has a base +1 to everything.))
((I was joking around due to the fact he keeps overshooting, i wonder how much a universal decomp would cost though.))

((Can mesk regenerate missing organs?
I have some modifications in mind that id like to apply to myself...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: October 14, 2013, 08:58:48 am »

(I believe Mesk can even regenerate his brain, although he won't remember anything. I think. I can't remember exactly how PW phrased it, but short answer is that as long as he has enough matter to convert, Mesk can regenerate anything.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: October 14, 2013, 09:01:24 am »

((Yep, that's about right for Mesk's regen. But if his brain is destroyed, he'll still be braindead and therefore effectively dead, even though the bots will make a new brain for his body.))

"Overkill much?" Bishop mutters to himself before pulling Auron and himself away from the windows. "Okay Steve. Which way do we go from my current position?"

Get Auron and myself into cover and well away from those windows ASAP. Question Steve about directions.
Pages: 1 ... 1097 1098 [1099] 1100 1101 ... 1256