Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3830352 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 11: Toph Ain't Nothing
« Reply #16740 on: October 31, 2013, 02:04:28 am »

"Good news, Miya managed to save our asses from the possible nuclear bomb. Bad news, he's pretty damn out of it and you've jumped out of the building. I'm the only one up here that's in fighting condition. Get your ass back up here, quickly!"

Get out from under Miyamoto and put up something to cover the hole in the wall that the sniper can see us through, even if I have to use Miyamoto's cloak (ask him to detach it for me if there's nothing else that I can use). Don't wreck the working consoles! Make sure to keep an eye on the entrance for incoming sods, so I can take cover quickly if need be.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16741 on: October 31, 2013, 02:23:41 am »

can you hold out alone for a few minutes?
The sudden appearance of this building distracted me and I kinda futzed my landing, my legs in pretty rough shape.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16742 on: October 31, 2013, 07:47:38 am »

"I suggest you hurry before some sods get the wrong idea! I really don't want to have to hold this place all by myself!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: October 31, 2013, 07:56:50 am »

The sudden appearance of this building distracted me and I kinda futzed my landing, my legs in pretty rough shape.

((It's not your fault, someone put a roof in your way.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: October 31, 2013, 08:00:52 am »

((It's not your fault, someone put a roof in your way.))
((I know right, some people are just so inconsiderate of us basejumpers.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: October 31, 2013, 11:16:18 am »

((@Zako, you can call in members of defense team to reinforce you. They'll take a bit to get there, but it's better than holding a position by yourself.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16746 on: October 31, 2013, 12:04:59 pm »

"Oh, come on, you wouldn't do that. Not for something as innocent as a compliment anyway. You and me both know that you're a good person."

"So. My questions. Two things. First, does this battlesuit have any capabilities for independent movement or remote control?"

Talk to the AM.
"Standard, No. But adapting it wouldn't be too hard."

you guys alive up there? I cant help but notice the lack of flaming rubble following me through the hole i punched in the roof of this here inconveniently placed building.

disentangle myself from the mess of heating ducts and rebar rods.
Grab 2 roughly equal sized pieces of rebar to serve as a splint and spend the rest of the turn dragging myself somewhere out of sight of the doorway and roofhole then preparing to set my leg.

Luckily for you, the exoskeleton and suit do provide enough support to your broken leg that you can still limp around on it relatively easily. Though moving quickly is out of the question. You drag yourself out of the wreckage and over to a small alcove, out of sight from the concourse.'

>Jim: Continue to entertain Mesk and Lars. Also do the robot.

(@GWG: The dam mission featured Pyro's character circumventing the entire mission by blowing himself up, along with a good deal of the dam, all of the enemy forces, and a few allies. >.> Then there was the catch the serial killer mission, which is the only mission that actually ended with a fail state and wouldn't have counted for the 'complete ten and win' scenario initially presented. I don't remember the mission numbers offhand. 4 & 5, I think?)
I wonder if Jim has ever heard of The Flashbulb.

((Wow, you guys really don't half-ass failure. I don't think a whole team has simultaneously failed so epically before, though.))
((Wait, what? Now this, this you'll have to explain. In great detail preferably. How are we even remotely failing here? We captured the command room and prevented it from being destroyed. Sure, it took quite some collateral, but it's not beyond use so once Steve comes online he can plug in and do the rest. And Auron falling down is a result of bad dice luck, which is to be suspected from time to time.))
((Failure might be the wrong word...but you are (theoretically) avoiding collateral damage, and all caused it and/or failed at once. Besides, not one action went as intended. It's the synchrony more than anything that is notable.))
((I suppose so, but dude, you were on the Ice-9 mission with me! Now that's failure.))
((Yes, but not everyone was failing/badly succeeding at once like this.))

((Nope, still not seeing it, but whatever. We're probably going at this from a different angle, so I'll just drop it.))

Try to roll over so Bishop can get out. Then rest. And hope the suit will give me some pain killers so my head doesn't feel like a blender anymore. If possible, use cameyes to zoom in on the direction where the shot came from, hopefully seeing the next shot sooner this time.

You roll off of Bishop, exhausted and a bit annoyed about the unintentional innuendo. You keep an eye on the direction the shot game from, but no second volley precipitates.

"Good news, Miya managed to save our asses from the possible nuclear bomb. Bad news, he's pretty damn out of it and you've jumped out of the building. I'm the only one up here that's in fighting condition. Get your ass back up here, quickly!"

Get out from under Miyamoto and put up something to cover the hole in the wall that the sniper can see us through, even if I have to use Miyamoto's cloak (ask him to detach it for me if there's nothing else that I can use). Don't wreck the working consoles! Make sure to keep an eye on the entrance for incoming sods, so I can take cover quickly if need be.
You don't think you're gonna be able to cover that hole...it's like twenty, thirty feet wide and ten tall.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: October 31, 2013, 12:44:43 pm »

((Yay i dont have to get out of my suit to fix my leg, guess ill use that dynamic bonus on my concussion instead... wait does self medication even require a roll?))

quickly dose myself with a nice stimulant/painkiller cocktail and begin slowly and carefully making my way back towards miyamoto and bishop checking each corner for sods before continuing.
Briefly question my sanity as to why i am heading back towards the room being targeted by supersonic guided nuclear warheads then remember the precious floor mounted loot boxes and let my magpie logic wash all my troubles away.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: October 31, 2013, 12:45:27 pm »

((Yay i dont have to get out of my suit to fix my leg, guess ill use that dynamic bonus on my concussion instead... wait does self medication even require a roll?))

((Oh yes.  Unless you have a MkII suit that administers them for you.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: October 31, 2013, 12:53:01 pm »

I am the Silent Guardian, I watch and I wait and let my poor brain recover.

Oh, and send following to people on gangway:

Hey peeps, Miyamoto here.

We've taken control of the command room. Small problem: there is a Shadow Walker lobbing thermonuclear rocket-assisted gauss rounds at us. Now that he has so conveniently revealed his position, would any of you be so kind to go hunt him down? Or at least shoot any further rounds out of the sky, 'cause I am currently taking a headache induced siesta here.

Cheers,

Miya

((@ Zako: it seems Steve is back. Now's the time to plug in and let him take over the command center, I reckon.))
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:03:05 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: October 31, 2013, 09:23:36 pm »

((I'm going to assume we heard Steve waking up.  If not, Lars just listens to Jim beatbox some more.))

Lars jumped for joy at hearing his divine overlord.  "Glorious Steve!  We praise your great name, and sing our joys at your return!  What have you learned from the being ARES?"

Ask the Steve.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16751 on: October 31, 2013, 09:38:35 pm »

(I hadn't, but I did like it. Have you heard of Room 401 or Boards of Canada? They're in the same vein. I also like Explosions in the Sky, but the only thing they really have in common with the previous bands is that their music is - with the exception of like two tracks - completely instrumental.)

Jim quiets down so Lars can ask. Once the priest gets his answer, it's time for the move out order.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16752 on: October 31, 2013, 11:20:09 pm »

Bishop sighs in frustration and pulls out a cable.

"Steve, if you're listening, we're getting fired on by LESHO rounds. I'm plugging in now since we can't wait anymore. I like you to hurry the fuck up before we become vaporised into our component atoms and this room ceases to exist."

Jack Steve in and let him do his thing. Keep an eye on the door for sods and the hole in the wall for more incoming rounds.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16753 on: November 01, 2013, 07:00:16 am »

((I'm assuming we know Steve is online.))

"Oh, that's good to know. Second, I was wonder-" Flint stopped talking to the Armory Master when he heard Steve coming back online. "On second thought, now that Steve is back, I'll ask him, since he could probably answer better. Thanks for the help dear. Pleasure talking to you, as always." He said and closed the channel to the AM. He started making his way to the elevator, admiring the murals in the walls one last time.

Thank the AM. Retrieve the cameras I had put on the stairs and elevator. Make my way to the elevator and get ready to make it go up, once the others are ready. Ask Steve: "Hey Steve! How'd it go? Everything good? Found anything interesting?"
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 09:24:58 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16754 on: November 01, 2013, 10:16:09 am »

quickly dose myself with a nice stimulant/painkiller cocktail and begin slowly and carefully making my way back towards miyamoto and bishop checking each corner for sods before continuing.
Briefly question my sanity as to why i am heading back towards the room being targeted by supersonic guided nuclear warheads then remember the precious floor mounted loot boxes and let my magpie logic wash all my troubles away.

[Med:2+1+1]
You medicate yourself, not quite enough to truly get rid of the pain, but enough to dull it into submission. You start limping back toward the control room, silently remembering how many stairs and holes you're gonna have to climb on the way.

I am the Silent Guardian, I watch and I wait and let my poor brain recover.

Oh, and send following to people on gangway:

Hey peeps, Miyamoto here.

We've taken control of the command room. Small problem: there is a Shadow Walker lobbing thermonuclear rocket-assisted gauss rounds at us. Now that he has so conveniently revealed his position, would any of you be so kind to go hunt him down? Or at least shoot any further rounds out of the sky, 'cause I am currently taking a headache induced siesta here.

Cheers,

Miya

((@ Zako: it seems Steve is back. Now's the time to plug in and let him take over the command center, I reckon.))

Miyamoto, combat paperweight, keeps an eye out for more homicidal pieces of metal and text messages his friends.

((I'm going to assume we heard Steve waking up.  If not, Lars just listens to Jim beatbox some more.))

Lars jumped for joy at hearing his divine overlord.  "Glorious Steve!  We praise your great name, and sing our joys at your return!  What have you learned from the being ARES?"

Ask the Steve.
>That we're almost done here. There's maybe one more UE running around and Definitely one Shadow walker. I've used what few monitoring capacities I have to scan the place and I'm not finding any more sod commanders, at least none that I can recognize. It appears our work here is mostly done, though hunting these last few threats might be the most dangerous part of this.

(I hadn't, but I did like it. Have you heard of Room 401 or Boards of Canada? They're in the same vein. I also like Explosions in the Sky, but the only thing they really have in common with the previous bands is that their music is - with the exception of like two tracks - completely instrumental.)

Jim quiets down so Lars can ask. Once the priest gets his answer, it's time for the move out order.

"MOVE OUT!"

"Where are we moving out to?"

"MOOOOOOVE OUT!"

"Jim, Calm down, I think-"

"MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!"

Bishop sighs in frustration and pulls out a cable.

"Steve, if you're listening, we're getting fired on by LESHO rounds. I'm plugging in now since we can't wait anymore. I like you to hurry the fuck up before we become vaporised into our component atoms and this room ceases to exist."

Jack Steve in and let him do his thing. Keep an eye on the door for sods and the hole in the wall for more incoming rounds.
You plug your suit into one of the working terminals and it jerks and goes stiff and unresponsive.

>Sorry, I'm high jacking you for a bit. I'd say hold still but it's really not like you have a choice.

Your suit goes dark. Aw, not even some sort of cool matrix display? Real computing is lame.

((I'm assuming we know Steve is online.))

"Oh, that's good to know. Second, I was wonder-" Flint stopped talking to the Armory Master when he heard Steve coming back online. "On second thought, now that Steve is back, I'll ask him, since he could probably answer better. Thanks for the help dear. Pleasure talking to you, as always." He said and closed the channel to the AM. He started making his way to the elevator, admiring the murals in the walls one last time.

Thank the AM. Retrieve the cameras I had put on the stairs and elevator. Make my way to the elevator and get ready to make it go up, once the others are ready. Ask Steve: "Hey Steve! How'd it go? Everything good? Found anything interesting?"
You gather up the cameras and then go stand in the elevator, waiting for Jim and the rest.

>It went fine. It's nice to finally have a first hand idea of the capacities of this place. We're gonna put it to some good use, I can tell you that. Might even be able to adapt some of the technology your missions discovered into it. I've already been creating the plans for manipulated bacterial baths, so we can construct using the same technology as that "shark mist". Anti-laser coatings using the sand from the Samsonite Abyss, things like that. To be honest I might have to leave someone here to oversee the place after we've left. We'll see.
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 1256