Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3809197 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Combat Teams
« Reply #17700 on: December 31, 2013, 02:52:44 pm »

((Oh great, I'm going to have to shapeshifter sex the entire fourteenth floor into submission, aren't I?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17701 on: December 31, 2013, 02:54:13 pm »

((Oh great, I'm going to have to shapeshifter sex the entire fourteenth floor into submission, aren't I?))
((Yes, you are. Now would be a good time to start prepping to go tentacle monster.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17702 on: December 31, 2013, 02:56:05 pm »

Charge dynamic bonus for shapeshifting next turn.
Also keep watch.

((Okay then >.<))
Sig! Onol

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17703 on: December 31, 2013, 02:59:09 pm »

That is sufficient cause for Felix to light it up. Or would be, if it weren't for Morul's orders. Instead, Felix moves into position at the edge of the shaft, ready to fire at the fleshwall if it becomes hostile.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:20:05 pm by swordsmith04 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17704 on: December 31, 2013, 03:44:56 pm »

"Shit. It knows we're here. Hold your fire, we don't need to give it a reason to kill us yet."

Move the flamers into position around the shaft, and have them hold their fire. Raise my faceplate and stare back at the eyes.

((Well shit. I'm torn between fast-roping to the bottom and flaming the everliving fuck out of anything organic, and taking more methodical approach. In light of this, how many people are on the bioterror team? Because it seems that everyone who doesn't have a job is here, but I've only confirmed five people that I remember. Leo, Felix, Xan, Lyra, and Milno have all posted something about being on the team. The reason I'm asking is I want to know if I have a small squad, or a massive group that could be further split.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #17705 on: December 31, 2013, 04:12:26 pm »

((We've also got Teal the Arsonist and Thaddeus. We might have one or two more stragglers from the ship in the next turn or two. So 8+.))
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 04:20:12 pm by swordsmith04 »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17706 on: December 31, 2013, 09:30:29 pm »

Oh look. It's that guy.

Point namite thrower warily at eyes

"Hey"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17707 on: December 31, 2013, 09:48:39 pm »

Forgot to post this at the bottom of the post:

The flesh on the 14th level bubbles a bit, as though boiling, and then a good dozen eyes appear on it's surface, staring at the team.
((Ew. Uh-oh...))

((Wait what?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17708 on: January 01, 2014, 02:11:42 am »

Quote from: Lyra to Bioterror team
Web smell humany, talk?
Look up and around the 13'th floor, especially any dark corners or anywhere I notice motion. Don't leave my position in the middle of the group, and avoid touching the webbing.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17709 on: January 01, 2014, 02:26:37 am »

Quote from: Xan->Bioterror team
Extract a sample and bring it to me. I will analyze.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17710 on: January 01, 2014, 07:37:10 am »

((Note: I still have exams till 29 januari, so posting may be spotty till then. If major planning or coordination needs to be done I'll try to do it, but it might not be as thorough as could be.))

Go to where NAV's char is now, go around the anomaly. Use surrounding rock to create a long pole with a hook/scoop at the end to grab that thing with in the shadowpillar. Make it very long.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17711 on: January 01, 2014, 11:26:58 am »

((Note: I still have exams till 29 januari, so posting may be spotty till then. If major planning or coordination needs to be done I'll try to do it, but it might not be as thorough as could be.))

Go to where NAV's char is now, go around the anomaly. Use surrounding rock to create a long pole with a hook/scoop at the end to grab that thing with in the shadowpillar. Make it very long.
((There's probably enough debris around that you could bypass using the manip and just grab a support strut or something like that.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17712 on: January 01, 2014, 12:39:51 pm »

Move into the general direction of the aurora. Keep chucking stones. Be mindful of other, smaller anomalies on the way. Don't poke anything.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17713 on: January 01, 2014, 04:10:43 pm »

Miamoto and Denzel seem to have this anomaly handled. Go explore the next one, whatever it is. Throw rocks of course.
((Mission 9 part 2))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17714 on: January 01, 2014, 06:34:09 pm »

*whistles*.

"I do hope the dragon has a suit.  Or at least shoes."

Plan burn it all sounds good.  Hold off until ordered.
You hold one finger on the trigger of the flame thrower and tap your foot impatiently.

Charge dynamic bonus for shapeshifting next turn.
Also hold fire, but be ready.

You get ready to change, holding off on the whole pyromania thing for now.

"Okay, now it's starting to get to me. Backing off."

Back off to where Nav is standing (Dudley? I forget your character's name), and see if I can zoom in on the object using my cameyes from a distance.

((Out of curiosity, PW, what would that weird mind-screaming zone on the planetoid in mission 9 have done to a robot? Or do you have a list of the anomalies on that mission lying around?))

((well, that one would have effected anything with a brain, so something like Lukas with his extremely minimal organic parts would be best.))

You back up to where Dudley is but the blurriness doesn't get much better. You zoom in on the object in the center of the effect but can't make out anything more then the fact that it appears somewhat irregular in shape and not terribly large.

That is sufficient cause for Felix to light it up. Or would be, if it weren't for Morul's orders. Instead, Felix moves into position at the edge of the shaft, ready to fire at the fleshwall if it becomes hostile.
Dum de dum, waiting to flame dudes. Dum de dum.

"Shit. It knows we're here. Hold your fire, we don't need to give it a reason to kill us yet."

Move the flamers into position around the shaft, and have them hold their fire. Raise my faceplate and stare back at the eyes.

((Well shit. I'm torn between fast-roping to the bottom and flaming the everliving fuck out of anything organic, and taking more methodical approach. In light of this, how many people are on the bioterror team? Because it seems that everyone who doesn't have a job is here, but I've only confirmed five people that I remember. Leo, Felix, Xan, Lyra, and Milno have all posted something about being on the team. The reason I'm asking is I want to know if I have a small squad, or a massive group that could be further split.))
You stare at the eyes. The Eyes stare back at you. Blink. Stare. Blink.

Oh look. It's that guy.

Point namite thrower warily at eyes

"Hey"
You point the namite thrower at the eyes. They blink.

Quote from: Lyra to Bioterror team
Web smell humany, talk?
Look up and around the 13'th floor, especially any dark corners or anywhere I notice motion. Don't leave my position in the middle of the group, and avoid touching the webbing.
Everything is moving, at least a little bit. Nothing seems to be moving significantly more then anything else though.

That pole of yours is gonna need to be a good quarter mile long to do that. You're gonna need to make it pretty dense and tough to not bend or break at that length, which is harder then just fusing stones, especially at that size. Still wanna try?

Move into the general direction of the aurora. Keep chucking stones. Be mindful of other, smaller anomalies on the way. Don't poke anything.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You move toward the aurora, walking out toward the remains of the towers and beyond. The area out near the towers seems to be littered with debris of all kinds, and there are several large craters out past the towers; ones that must have been caused by the AM or Grate. The first bit of really strange debris you come across is what looks like a piece of rebar, but it's golden and seems to be on fire; though the fire is burning purple-green.

Miamoto and Denzel seem to have this anomaly handled. Go explore the next one, whatever it is. Throw rocks of course.
((Mission 9 part 2))
We'll say you are hanging out with gorat right now. Buddy system.

The flesh on the 14th floor bubbles and begins to gather near the eyeballs. After a few seconds of consolidating and growing, it forms a rather flimsy looking tendril that jerks up into the air and begins swaying back and forth.
Pages: 1 ... 1179 1180 [1181] 1182 1183 ... 1256